WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Stay Sharp!

Speed to First Woot:
59m 50.000s
First Sucker:
rollopodio
Last Wooter to Woot:
mrmoustacheman
Last Purchase:
17 days ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 6% of Shirt Woots
Bottom 29% of all Woots
Woots Sold:
2191

Purchaser Experience

  • 0% first woot
  • 93% second woot
  • 7% < 10 woots
  • 0% < 25 woots
  • 0% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 8% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 4% one month old
  • 33% one year old
  • 53% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 93% bought 1
  • 6% bought 2
  • 1% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

12%
5%
2%
2%
1%
3%
5%
5%
7%
7%
6%
5%
4%
4%
3%
3%
3%
3%
3%
4%
3%
3%
4%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Percentage of Sales Per Day

90%
3%
2%
1%
2%
1%
1%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting





Quality Posts



EdwardBlake


quality posts: 15 Private Messages EdwardBlake

Perfect for when you're taking the standardized tests that's oh-so popular nowadays.

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

Okay, Ansharp... are you buying this one or not?

ratamadiddle


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ratamadiddle

If woot has quite a teacher following, then this shirt will be sold out fast.

DrkRonin


quality posts: 12 Private Messages DrkRonin

Its a shame its going to be waisted on the dull.

pianolin717


quality posts: 16 Private Messages pianolin717

Thankfully staying sharp is easier now that we have electric pencil sharpeners!

p4labduhl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages p4labduhl

the directions on the H are incomplete

i am debating whether or not this is a good enough reason to not buy this shirt

CroKevi


quality posts: 3 Private Messages CroKevi

I never completely understood why there were so many different settings along the radial.. were not all pencils essentially the same girth?

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
DrkRonin wrote:Its a shame its going to be waisted on the dull.



I'm sure it'll also be wasted on the dull as well. Because only artists wear their pencils at the waistline.

omnitarian


quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian

One time I stuck the eraser side of a pencil into a pencil sharpener, just because I was curious what would happen.

It completely busted the sharpener, meaning nobody could sharpen their pencils for a month, and the school had to spring for a new one. Nobody knew that I was the culprit...

I... I'm sorry, I just had to get that off my chest.

choflagg


quality posts: 0 Private Messages choflagg

Mechanical Pencils free the weasels

bobfole


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobfole

Did anyone use the smallest hole?...

she is reported to have said that

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
omnitarian wrote:One time I stuck the eraser side of a pencil into a pencil sharpener, just because I was curious what would happen.

It completely busted the sharpener, meaning nobody could sharpen their pencils for a month, and the school had to spring for a new one. Nobody knew that I was the culprit...

I... I'm sorry, I just had to get that off my chest.



Dude, you're such a rebel!

DrkRonin


quality posts: 12 Private Messages DrkRonin
JadenKale wrote:I'm sure it'll also be wasted on the dull as well. Because only artists wear their pencils at the waistline.



...i knew that I-beam that jumped out and attacked me stole something!
-holds out can-
"basic spelling skills for the .. mentally injured?"

ohioplayer


quality posts: 3 Private Messages ohioplayer
bobfole wrote:Did anyone use the smallest hole?...

she is reported to have said that



Damn, you beat me to it zmglolz!!!

I tried all the time but couldn't get it in....

DrkRonin


quality posts: 12 Private Messages DrkRonin
ohioplayer wrote:Damn, you beat me to it zmglolz!!!

I tried all the time but couldn't get it in....



sounds more like a personal problem then a quote of some poor girl named She

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

More puns!!! I know Boots loves them!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
CroKevi wrote:I never completely understood why there were so many different settings along the radial.. were not all pencils essentially the same girth?



Actually, when you are learning to write in kindergarten, they give you larger pencils to hold on to. They are a wider girth than the traditional #2 pencil so that you can hold them easier. That's not true for all children (kids who have a lighter grip or weak hands can't always handle a larger pencil). But as a general rule, the larger pencils help kids fine tune the motor skills needed to write.

SunflowerPrincess


quality posts: 18 Private Messages SunflowerPrincess

Got one for my son, who just got promoted to first grade.

Oops, my Tiara slipped!

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
DrkRonin wrote:...i knew that I-beam that jumped out and attacked me stole something!
-holds out can-
"basic spelling skills for the .. mentally injured?"



ROFL


I think I already added my 2 cents.

imsochady


quality posts: 28 Private Messages imsochady

Old school wooden pencils kill trees! Switch to mechanical!

d3koy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages d3koy

Is it just me, or does the text kill it? I think just the sharpener would have been awesome enough. The text is cool, but should be part of another shirt. Either way, I'm thinking I'm gonna have to make room in my dresser for another shirt.

BoredStiff


quality posts: 13 Private Messages BoredStiff

I love the smell of fresh pencil shavings in the morning.

ztfreep


quality posts: 5 Private Messages ztfreep

Shouldn't this be more like "Write Sharp with Ever-Sharp" (U.S. Patent 3813176) ?


(edit: got "Dystopia Dark Lager" on Saturday. still waiting for two others. yippee!)

strawhat311


quality posts: 6 Private Messages strawhat311
BoredStiff wrote:I love the smell of fresh pencil shavings in the morning.



I laughed. The shirt design itself is an interesting concept. Congrats artist!

davidavich


quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidavich

If the "Stay Sharp" weren't there, this would be a much awesome-r T-shirt. I think the old sharpener alone says enough.

Supersugar


quality posts: 10 Private Messages Supersugar

What does the sharpener itself say besides "You have a pencil sharpener on your chest?"

evilashe


quality posts: 1 Private Messages evilashe
imsochady wrote:Old school wooden pencils kill trees! Switch to mechanical!



I'm pretty sure all the oil-based plastics and excess energy needed to make mechanical pencils, along with the fact that they don't biodegrade when they're discarded (sooner than they should be, most of the time), results in mechanical pencils being a lot less of an environmentally friendly product..

Rbbobonbanks


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rbbobonbanks

I always got excited when I had a pencil to sharpen & I could use a hole other than the standard size.

trekmiss


quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

I've been both a tutor and an ESL teacher. This shirt is a must for me.

dkalnz


quality posts: 3 Private Messages dkalnz
imsochady wrote:Old school wooden pencils kill trees! Switch to mechanical!



Yeah and mechanical pencils are made with plastic. Plastic that is made in plastic factories that output toxic gases into the atmosphere which, ironically, kill trees.

imsochady


quality posts: 28 Private Messages imsochady
evilashe wrote:I'm pretty sure all the oil-based plastics and excess energy needed to make mechanical pencils, along with the fact that they don't biodegrade when they're discarded (sooner than they should be, most of the time), results in mechanical pencils being a lot less of an environmentally friendly product..



Problem solved!



It's metal!

imsochady


quality posts: 28 Private Messages imsochady
dkalnz wrote:Yeah and mechanical pencils are made with plastic. Plastic that is made in plastic factories that output toxic gases into the atmosphere which, ironically, kill trees.



I wonder how we're still alive with so many plastic products everywhere.

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
JadenKale wrote:Actually, when you are learning to write in kindergarten, they give you larger pencils to hold on to. They are a wider girth than the traditional #2 pencil so that you can hold them easier. That's not true for all children (kids who have a lighter grip or weak hands can't always handle a larger pencil). But as a general rule, the larger pencils help kids fine tune the motor skills needed to write.



You changed your name! I liked 17 better. But I guess 17 was a boy's name. Mixer knows what I'm talking about.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
eHalcyon wrote:You changed your name! I liked 17 better. But I guess 17 was a boy's name. Mixer knows what I'm talking about.



I plan to change it often... ;) Besides, when I was little and had my hair was cut really short, people thought I was a little boy... now my name proves I'm a girl.

true story.



and it was horribly embarrassing.

mixer23


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mixer23
eHalcyon wrote:You changed your name! I liked 17 better. But I guess 17 was a boy's name. Mixer knows what I'm talking about.



Hah, indeed I do... I suppose 18 should be a bit more fitting for her though Why the nostalgia, woot? Don't you know that I already spend too much money on shirts? Don't you care?

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
mixer23 wrote:Hah, indeed I do... I suppose 18 should be a bit more fitting to her though Why the nostalgia, woot? Don't you know that I already spend too much money on shirts? Don't you care?



Mixer, I do believe they're banking on it.

mixer23


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mixer23
JadenKale wrote:Mixer, I do believe they're banking on it.



Heh, you're probably right on the money...

intothemoooon


quality posts: 8 Private Messages intothemoooon

This shirt reminds me of sharpening pencils until they became barely a stub. Did anyone else do that on purpose when they were little? I was always too scared to try it with the electric sharpener; afraid it would swallow my finger.

and then i'd stick the pencil stubs into my afro for safekeeping, and lose them.

and then my mom would wash my hair, and four or five tiny pencils would fall out!

^_^ (slash, eww)

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
intothemoooon wrote:This shirt reminds me of sharpening pencils until they became barely a stub. Did anyone else do that on purpose? I was always too scared to try it with the electric sharpener; afraid it would swallow my finger.

and then i'd stick the pencil stubs into my afro for safekeeping, and lose them.

and then i'd wash my hair, and four or five tiny pencils would come out!

^_^ (slash, eww)



I found your highschool photo. Damn, were you ever fly:


But did you really wait so long to take a shower til you turned green?