eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
kylemittskus wrote:That's your question?! Not there are penguins in Scotland? Or how did they build it with no fingers, let alone hands?

Maybe they are in British Columbia and that's actually the Ogopogo.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

godslinger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages godslinger
Re: where's my shirt redone

This is still really off topic and doesn't match the thumbnail.

psychicsword

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psychicsword
Barnhill5 wrote:I am a bit concerned about the Yeti placement on us females...

I now have a great mental image for which I must thank you.

eHalcyon

CryptoNite wrote:That does suck that it got rejected because this would've been a damn cool shirt. I do think it's a little dumb that a question mark especially in this sense is considered text but I understand it.

As a side note does anyone else find it a bit ironic that Shirt.woot's very logo is considered "text" I sure as hell do ;)

What's ironic about it?

Using the logo exactly, even in a text-allowed derby, would still run afoul of the "no woot references" rule.

nicetry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nicetry

thanks for the feedback, guys. The coloring was the hardest decision to make on this design. I left the kid the way he was because I wanted it to have that "night time" feel, but maybe it didn't come across as I had hoped.

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange
Re: Secret Admirer

Very very cute! I would love to own this shirt. I very much hope it prints!

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

JHRussell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JHRussell
Re: The Murder Mystery.

VOTE I WANT

godslinger

grfxho wrote:While the bunnies are cute, as a woman I don't want that ugly hunter featured prominently on my breast.

I'm all for placement around not accentuating the bossoms, but you can't be too picky and say "make sure you leave two large blank circles where my or my ladies' bossoms might be" because that's counter-productive. SOME image is going to have to go on the bossoms.

mamaGiraffe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mamaGiraffe
Re: Not in the Dryer, or Under the Bed...resub

I like the design of this better anyway. I'm glad you re-did it.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
eHalcyon wrote:I don't see this as proof of anything. No name could just as easily indicate that it's the style that is getting votes and not the "user getting juiced". Unless you're serious that this is a different style than his normal, in which case it doesn't make sense that so many would be able to so easily determine who the designer was just from the image. Personally, I wasn't completely sure.

I am being completely serious. Watch when Thursday comes around.

slvrwhispr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slvrwhispr
Re: Stonehenge RESUB

That really is about 10,000% improvement. The whole thing looks more cohesive now, as opposed to a bunch of elements scattered around.

illneverletyoufall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illneverletyoufall
Re: A Mysterious Conspiracy

I really like this one. It shows who's really hunting who out there

eHalcyon

evilbluechickens wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigurd

Basically, the tale involves much magic and other mystery...

It is also called Gram.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gram_(mythology)

yeah, not really on topic...
OOPS...

i have another entry floating around but its terrible, this is mostly for practice and i couldnt really think up anything mysterious, more myth like...

the whole idea was kind of inspired by this as i wanted to incorporate a sword into my design somehow...

http://www.yorkshiremuseum.org.uk/Page/ViewCollection.aspx?CollectionId=21

yay...longest post ever...
(also need to learn some html)

Yeah, I would have looked it up on Wikipedia but I'm feeling lazy right now and didn't want to sift through it to find out where Mystery came in.

HTML is easy, but that's not what is usually used in forums. We have BBCode here. There's a formatting guide linked beneath the text box when you post. Here it is.

slvrwhispr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slvrwhispr
Re: Not in the Dryer, or Under the Bed...resub

Concept good. Colors good. However, I don't know that I love that the socks are all obviously copies of the same drawing over and over again, just colored differently and rotated. I understand the desire for consistency in pattern, but... with the amount of effort that goes into so many of the shirts on this site, I don't think it quite measures up. Still, good idea, and greatly improved execution. Don't give up. Just take it a little further next time.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
nicetry wrote:thanks for the feedback, guys. The coloring was the hardest decision to make on this design. I left the kid the way he was because I wanted it to have that "night time" feel, but maybe it didn't come across as I had hoped.

Completely my opinion, but the red/orange coloring on the red shirt is just too much red. It all kind of blends together. But, you as the artist are the boss.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

godslinger

theinfinityloop wrote:Do I expect everyone to like everything I do? No. Do I expect my friends to be dishonest and baby me? Of course not, and I don't want it either. I just didn't expect to have it implied that my only thought process was cute = vote. I expected people to know me better than that.

Actually it sounds like that's exactly what you're doing with your explanation. You're getting defensive, calling yourself out, and saying "well it's not like I'm sekiyoku or deadfrog." So it's okay when you do cute for cute's sake just like anyone else.

I doubt you'd really want to shrug off a few hundred of those "cute" votes you're getting for this design.

kylemittskus

AdderXYU wrote:I am being completely serious. Watch when Thursday comes around.

Not to break the fun fest up, but when the hell did woot give you 8 quality posts?! Nice work brother!

I still think this shirt is absolutely terrible.

chade2001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chade2001
AdderXYU wrote:It is ALL about who created it, and this is proof. Without a name on the entry, and with a "different" style than normal, the exact same patterns as always have arisen. That, to me, is proof positive that the user is getting juiced...

This is the sad truth.

gone!

Mrspott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mrspott
kylemittskus wrote:Did we ever figure out how this fits "Mystery" at all?

....its the invisible man one of the greatest mystery novels of all time

sakleehop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakleehop
eHalcyon wrote:They do. You can choose to print either front or back, though you can't do both.

As far as I'm aware, no back print has ever placed in a derby.

Wait, scratch that. I think there was "duct tape man" from way at the beginning which was actually front and back. But double-sided is no longer allowed.

My mistake, thanks for the correct information. Not sure where I got that idea; I should have checked first. To the artist - sorry about my post; I am clearly in the wrong.

sakleehop

Re: Is someone following me? Ver 2

Thanks to eHalcyon for correcting me. Again, I apologize to the artist for my mistaken post. Woot does allow printing on the back of shirts.

snappystrappy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snappystrappy
mrwednesday wrote:I want to give this the benefit of the doubt but there are no penguins in Scotland.....

you think that because they're hiding inside the nessieship ;)

lol and i never knew nessie was packin' heat

kylemittskus

Re: Loch Ness Tours

I cannot wait until I get your shirt that I so vehemently supported.

dea007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dea007
JadenKale wrote:Please... you looked at this yourself, before reading the posts, and you're telling me YOU didn't know who made this?

Yes, that is what I'm telling you. Before Adder commented, I had no idea who drew this shirt.

Anyways, this shirt is disturbing, to say the least. I agree, doesn't fit into PG-13 standards

eHalcyon

AdderXYU wrote:I am being completely serious. Watch when Thursday comes around.

So it IS a different style, but still obviously an entry by [that guy] just by looking at it, without even a single shred of doubt? Seriously?

dea007

Re: Whats under the bed?

GMV, it's one of the best designs I've seen in a while...

godslinger

CryptoNite wrote:That does suck that it got rejected because this would've been a damn cool shirt. I do think it's a little dumb that a question mark especially in this sense is considered text but I understand it.

As a side note does anyone else find it a bit ironic that Shirt.woot's very logo is considered "text" I sure as hell do ;)

Dude. It's in the derby rules for this week. Some derbies in other weeks do allow for text. It's not that woot has a "no text" policy for the whole company (obviously that's a stupid assumption).

So there I wasted some text that spells something on your dumb comment.

cleverconveyence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverconveyence
AdderXYU wrote:It is ALL about who created it, and this is proof. Without a name on the entry, and with a "different" style than normal, the exact same patterns as always have arisen. That, to me, is proof positive that the user is getting juiced, and that should not be supported.

By Tom Waits' chiseled jawline, THIS, THIS, ****ING THIS.

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)
number of shirt.woots in 09: 2 (same criteria)

sakleehop

Re: Giallo

Wow - if this isn't the original, he/she is a really good imitator! It really is an amazing illustration - congratulations to the artist for such a terrific design.

eHalcyon

murphtronic wrote:Adder, you are the most negative person - every week as I look at the comments I see you ranting about something or other. I guess people like you are what Web 2.0 is all about, meaning that it gives you a voice. But every time I read your comments I wonder who came and made you king of t-shirt design entry? A brief look at your website reveals your two corny, cutesy designs (and an average Threadless score of 1.03 out of 5.0). So grab a Coke, take a break, and enjoy all the great designs out there. No need to be the first throwing stones at every shirt you don't like.

PS. I've never designed a single shirt, so more power to you for doing so. But I also don't go bashing everything.

The great thing about Adder is that he is completely honest and fair in his judgement. There are some designers I know he's disliked that he went on to blog about - which as we all know is a very high honour given Adder's discriminating tastes. Similarly, I don't think he ever blindly praises a design just because a friend submitted it - something too many people do. He may hold his tongue or tone down the harshness, but when he speaks, you can be sure he's calling it like he sees it. No duplicity, no equivocation.

rachinha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachinha
Re: Murder Mystery

Definitely not PG-13. The halftone coming off her bewb could be a nipple.
Also, anyone else think the halftones look kind of stripy like plaid?

alanblackw00d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alanblackw00d
Re: Cats With Weapons

Cat Clue? Really? Some of the cats are well done (especially Prof. Plum, he just has that face...), but can you imagine if this were a real game? I guess there are about 4 types of Dog Uno, so it's not such a stretch... it's not even absurd in a good way, it just a completely nonsensical tie-in.

That aside, I used to put a tweed jacket and a messenger cap on my cat and it was ridiculously funny every time, so I suppose I know where you're coming from. The version of Clue I had when I was young had more weapons in it though (I think it also had a poison bottle, a long gun, and a battle axe), so I can't vote for it out of principle. I think it might have had more rooms too, but I don't remember the infinite featureless creme void being one of them, though in retrospect that would have been fantastic.

snappystrappy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snappystrappy
Re: Mystery of the Platypus Solved!

I love the expressions! +1

toutdoucement12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toutdoucement12

Brilliant.

Re: THE MISSING LINK?

Finley4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Finley4
Re: Whats under the bed?

What or where is the mystery here? It seems obvious there's a giant monster under the bed. In fact I'd say there's no mystery here whatsoever. The only thing that makes this mystery related is the title. It'd be the same thing as a monster tearing up a city, just cause you title it "Where'd that thing come from?" doesn't make it mystery related. Too many entries relying on the title to provide the mystery. Disappointing.

dea007

eHalcyon wrote:The great thing about Adder is that he is completely honest and fair in his judgement. There are some designers I know he's disliked that he went on to blog about - which as we all know is a very high honour given Adder's discriminating tastes. Similarly, I don't think he ever blindly praises a design just because a friend submitted it - something too many people do. He may hold his tongue or tone down the harshness, but when he speaks, you can be sure he's calling it like he sees it. No duplicity, no equivocation.

I wouldn't necessarily use "fair." He might not blindly praise a shirt just because a friend submitted it, but it does seem like he'll bash on one just because he doesn't like the artist. Just my opinion.

godslinger

kylemittskus wrote:I really like the concept but I really dislike the use of color. I think everything gets lost on the shirt.

Have you been drinking Adder's hatorade? Maybe you think he's cool and you wanna be just like him!

sbaszto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sbaszto

can someone explain their take on the story. I get the images as being mystery-like but feel like I can't "read" it.

Re: An Unfolding Mystery

godslinger

Shadowbat wrote:Single letters are NOT text. Words are text.

YOU don't get to make the rules. WOOT does. They can say "no penguins" and use it to include all flightless birds no matter how flighty they are. You're not the rejectonator. Don't argue with us, argue with woot.

wormsweater

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wormsweater
Re: fedora

Why the fog is THIS tripe in the fog? Fog that...