91%
2%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

pianolin717

quality posts: 16 Private Messages pianolin717

Why is the astronaut holding a flag of Saturn? Since when has there been life on there?

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange

Why is he from Saturn? Are you making some sort of conspiracy statement, tgentry?

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

t3hloofa

quality posts: 6 Private Messages t3hloofa

Is the gyaahh sun off in some distant star trek galaxy?

mxc1090

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mxc1090

definitely not the sun on the flag...more like Saturn or Uranus.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

Great shirt, Tuna! love it.

edit:
and first as well, w00t!

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

*SQEEEE!*

Love it.

Bought.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian

Congrats TGentry.

I dunno how many people actually own lemon shirts but they are so bright they practically glow. Given the subject matter the shirt should look super awesome.

Jestik

pianolin717 wrote:Why is the astronaut holding a flag of Saturn? Since when has there been life on there?

at least he's not from Uranus

isparabola

quality posts: 8 Private Messages isparabola
pianolin717 wrote:Why is the astronaut holding a flag of Saturn? Since when has there been life on there?

There are other ringed planets you know.

I'm more curious how the astronaut got that close to the sun without burning to ash. Must be those new super durable futuristic space suits.

Sinkerhawk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sinkerhawk

Great image, horrible shirt color....how about black for space?

I have light skin and blonde hair. Yellow shirts make me look sickly.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday

Hopefully no one kills him because he's a big reason to keep coming back.

And why do people keep asking questions that I've already had answered? The Saturnites an insatiable desire to lay claim to the Sun.

edit: Had to fix the wording. Didn't want to misrepresent Travis' astronaut.

cake eater

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cake eater

should have gone at night.

forum option changes may take a few minutes. just relax

kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
xxchange wrote:Why is he from Saturn? Are you making some sort of conspiracy statement, tgentry?

You two do realize that Saturn is not the only planet that has rings right? Jupiter, Uranus, and Neptune all have rings as well.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

andysweeney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andysweeney

hot shirt

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Another nice spaceman design from tgentry. Bold use of yellow, I might add, which is nice and summery. Great job!

Though I hope he's wearing asbestos tidy-whiteys...

0x776F6F7421

quality posts: 5 Private Messages 0x776F6F7421
cake eater wrote:should have gone at night.

Exactly.

xxchange

I'm a bit puzzled on how the flag is on fire. If the fire starts at the bottom and travels up (thus the darkening of his legs and left hand) then how, seeing as his torso and up are untouched, has the flag (which is higher than his head) caught on fire? You'd think the rest of him would have been engulfed first.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

isparabola wrote:There are other ringed planets you know.

Could be a Nasa-like logo with a ship leaving a trail around the planet. That's more of what I was going for, but I guess Saturn is what came across. Thanks everyone for the votes, I never thought I'd get a lemon shirt printed. Feels kind of refreshing.

xxchange

kylemittskus wrote:You two do realize that Saturn is not the only planet that has rings right? Jupiter, Uranus, and Neptune all have rings as well.

Saturn is the only important one with rings.

LonChaney

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LonChaney

Those sure are some hot pants he's wearing. Get it? Hotpants?

Jestik

tgentry wrote: I never thought I'd get a lemon shirt printed. Feels kind of refreshing.

cuz, ya know-

lemon is the new asphalt

(or at least that's what all the kids on the street are saying...)

isparabola

quality posts: 8 Private Messages isparabola
tgentry wrote: Feels kind of refreshing.

Like lemonade?

xxchange

isparabola wrote:Like lemonade?

Like a hose.

Icemank91

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Icemank91
LonChaney wrote:Those sure are some hot pants he's wearing. Get it? Hotpants?

He could generate a heated discussion about hot new styles with those pants. ;)

snappystrappy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snappystrappy

nipples can get sunburned?

xxchange

Okay, I gotta ask it: Who here says "your anus" and who here says "urine us"?

(This would be for Uranus, just so you know...)

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian
xxchange wrote:I'm a bit puzzled on how the flag is on fire. If the fire starts at the bottom and travels up (thus the darkening of his legs and left hand) then how, seeing as his torso and up are untouched, has the flag (which is higher than his head) caught on fire? You'd think the rest of him would have been engulfed first.

Presumably the cloth of the flag has an autoignition point much lower than that of the astronaut. The flag could have caught fire purely from the heat as the astronaut approached, and then the astronaut only caught on fire when he physically stepped on the sun.

imsochady

quality posts: 30 Private Messages imsochady
mrwednesday wrote:

And why do people keep asking questions that I've already had answered? The Saturnites an insatiable desire to lay claim to the Sun.

I think they're just jealous of Mercurians who are closer to it.

Sinkerhawk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sinkerhawk
xxchange wrote:Okay, I gotta ask it: Who here says "your anus" and who here says "urine us"?

(This would be for Uranus, just so you know...)

In Texas, we say "yer anus, ya'll"

kaylanorth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaylanorth

The history books will show that while this perhaps was not President Jenna Bush's best idea, it certainly was not her worst.

xxchange

omnitarian wrote:Presumably the cloth of the flag has an autoignition point much lower than that of the astronaut. The flag could have caught fire purely from the heat as the astronaut approached, and then the astronaut only caught on fire when he physically stepped on the sun.

Well, that's not a very good flag then. NASA should sue the maker for incompetence.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

xxchange wrote:I'm a bit puzzled on how the flag is on fire. If the fire starts at the bottom and travels up (thus the darkening of his legs and left hand) then how, seeing as his torso and up are untouched, has the flag (which is higher than his head) caught on fire? You'd think the rest of him would have been engulfed first.

But before he hoisted the flag up, he was carrying it horizontally. Probably dragged it a bit cause the heat was so exhausting.

On a totally different point, while it's always nice to get printed, and I really enjoy this design, it can be a bit of a bummer when you get printed above a shirt that you think is head and shoulders above everything else that was done that week. Krisrobinson's People of the Sun really deserved to be in the fog. Here's hoping it gets a second chance cause it's a really refreshing and original design.

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

I wonder if Paris Hilton will like this shirt.

jasonelvis

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jasonelvis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTKedyQQkZQ

xxchange

t3hloofa wrote:Is the gyaahh sun off in some distant star trek galaxy?

Best. Comment. Ever.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
tgentry wrote:But before he hoisted the flag up, he was carrying it horizontally. Probably dragged it a bit cause the heat was so exhausting.

On a totally different point, while it's always nice to get printed, and I really enjoy this design, it can be a bit of a bummer when you get printed above a shirt that you think is head and shoulders above everything else that was done that week. Krisrobinson's People of the Sun really deserved to be in the fog. Here's hoping it gets a second chance cause it's a really refreshing and original design.

KrisRobinson deserves a good swift thwack on the wacom for being a pandery hack. but then, between travis and I, we know who'd win the gentleman award. frick, he's got the last name for it even.

That aside, I am, as I said before, quite glad this made print, because, as I also said, it was the most creative take on the theme in the top 7. And a solid shirt to boot.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
xxchange wrote:Saturn is the only important one with rings.

The rings on the planet in the flag don't look saturnine.

Hmm... I don't think "saturnine" is supposed to be used in actual reference to the planet. Ah well.

Congrats on the print, tg! I'm glad we're only getting one straight-forward sun design this weekend.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
tgentry wrote:On a totally different point, while it's always nice to get printed, and I really enjoy this design, it can be a bit of a bummer when you get printed above a shirt that you think is head and shoulders above everything else that was done that week. Krisrobinson's People of the Sun really deserved to be in the fog. Here's hoping it gets a second chance cause it's a really refreshing and original design.

That was a really good shirt and I've liked a good deal of his stuff when he tries. It's too bad his current entry is absolutely not refreshing or original.....I guess he really was serious in the "panda" thread that retreading successful designs to get prints was perfectly acceptable.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

Congrats! I like the placement on this one. Excellent work as always.