striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
jasneko wrote:Great job striker - looks like this design is doing pretty well! Happy?;)

I am indeed. This is the first time I have ever been in the top 20 this far into the derby. It is nice to actually get some votes for a change.. it let's me know that I might actually be getting better.

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz
kateybee wrote:You got my vote simply for bringing your imaginary band to an imaginary city in Maine! Nobody ever plays Maine, so your figment of imagination band will fit in great!

It's good thing this band's fans are imaginary, too.

Thanks everyone for the votes. It's been so long since I've sniffed the fog!

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
Re: now appearing in Seattle, Portland, NY, San Fran..

Looks like most of you there got the joke, but for the few of you who are extra-sensitive just wanted to add...

I don't consider a homeless person and a hippie to be the same thing! Being a filthy hippie is a lifestyle and it doesn't mean you're at all disadvantaged or anything. Isn't the filthy part kind of the look they're going for? Hippies want to be hippies, so calling them hippies doesn't seem to me like it would be that offensive. It's really pretty amazing that some of them put themselves out there like that.

Thanks everyone for the votes and comments and especially to the awesome hippies out there who like it. All in fun.

cruelnv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cruelnv
studio1172 wrote:Green Days album has a grenade on it. Looks like heart. This looks like awesome sliced ham.

Vote Ham Grenade!

I have to say that your level of intensity for is commendable. You actually make me want to go to a concert (I tried TicketMaster to no avail). That alone would get a vote from me. I do, however, also like the style of this. I think it's a great use of halftones and typography. The overlap of the "R" in "world" does bother me a little, but, overall, I really like this design. Nice work.

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other user(s). Please keep in mind that these are only opinions and should not be inherently considered as factual statements. Thank you.

xtinaftw

quality posts: 21 Private Messages xtinaftw
Re: Retroactive Peace Tour

I really like the colors and the design itself, but I would never wear it because of the name. Not because it's about peace, I'm not sure. Can't put my finger on it.

sonotthereason

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sonotthereason
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=32839]

LOLS! GMV, and in for 2 when it wins...

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

xtinaftw

ElevenEleven wrote:The band also released shirts under their alternative name "The Sulky Fowl"

E-Muse RESUB - The Sulky Fowl

I don't really like either of the new names unfortunately. I also have a hard time voting for shirts that are supposed to be on heather gray, but don't use the real shirt comps. I don't think the flat gray gives the most accurate display of what it would look like on the shirt.

peppersabaddog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages peppersabaddog

Reawen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reawen
Re: Dogfish Key Into the Depths World Tour

This makes me think of the beer. Mmmmmm... Dogfish Head... *drool* :p

xtinaftw

Re: The Latent

Are those popcorn kernels? Neat!

JustJiggles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustJiggles
Re: The Cake is a Lion

So great. I hope it doesn't get rejected.

xtinaftw

Re: Hoochies Anonymous.. keepin it skanky

Hmmm.... I know this derby is pretty wide open as to what you can say is a "band shirt" because not all bands have tour dates and album titles or pictures of themselves or anything music-related on the shirt other than their band name.

All that aside, I think this shirt is off-topic. If I saw this on the street there is nothing about it that says "band t-shirt" to me. Maybe draw in some instruments on them?

Reawen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reawen
Re: Electric Bill and the Charges

For some reason this makes me think of Schoolhouse Rock!

xtinaftw

Re: The Cake is a Lion

This is hilarious. I do think you need to throw on a "Safari Tour '09" or something though...

xtinaftw

Re: PIGS IN BLANKETS

Your shirt comp is outside the printable area. It needs to be about 1 inch from every seam. I recommend you take this one down and resub before the rejectionator gets you.

cruelnv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cruelnv

I like the design of this one a lot, but I also am not a big fan of the videogame feel that it has (simply because that game is over-referenced, and that competes with the "nameless" band idea). Think you'd be up for changing it just a bit??

Nice work regardless.

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other user(s). Please keep in mind that these are only opinions and should not be inherently considered as factual statements. Thank you.

papacrazyfoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages papacrazyfoot

thanks

xtinaftw wrote:Your shirt comp is outside the printable area. It needs to be about 1 inch from every seam. I recommend you take this one down and resub before the rejectionator gets you.

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
Re: Ausverkauf

love the sellout and need money concept, just hate explaining shirts. rainbow and light blue tee might be a bit much for male wooters. jus sayin.

Happy Beer.

jabberjaws13

jasneko wrote:Thanks jabber!

"jeremiah was a bullfrog, was a good friend of mine."

wierd thing is they are doing a reunion tour this summer. i thought that was why you did 3 owl moon, that was the only reason i said "owl at the moon" to make it something unrelated to three dog night.

Happy Beer.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: Hoochies Anonymous.. keepin it skanky

This is baking awesome. I wish the bottom said ".....keepin' it skanky"

jabberjaws13

jasneko wrote:hahah yeah that would have stunk!:D Yes, thank goodness the orange is getting positive feedback.
heh well I'd like you to have the orange shirt too... so spread the word about the hootsters or something ;)

hootsters is doing ok for the first day. remember it was 50-60 votes behind the leaders by the time it was submitted. plenty of time to catch up. please get printed....

Happy Beer.

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
gargrazz wrote:It's been so long since I've sniffed the fog!

Let's take that line out of context. Ahhh . . . *sniff* good "fog".

Good Night!

Tanapangarap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tanapangarap
Re: Infinite Pi

Heh, the subtext does it for me.

Get with The Program.

redesnot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redesnot

seriously? i cant even pull off a woot parody.

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=32951

Tanapangarap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tanapangarap
Re: The Sexy Grilled Cheese Sandwich Band

"Hey, there's a fish in my grilled cheese! How did I miss that!"

Get with The Program.

phoenix713

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phoenix713
Re: Interplanetary Bunnies

This is simply amazing. I hope it makes it into the fog.

godslinger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages godslinger
kinkasumi wrote:a future is what I assume every band wants, why not name it after your feeling?

What color shirt is that? Woot doesn't offer khaki.

Draike

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Draike
Re: Veggies are SO METAL!

So your buddy wanted to start up this awesome death metal band, and use a vulture as the mascot. Effin' sweet, right? Except he's a vegan. Can a vegan truly channel the spirit of metal? With enough tomato juice and badassery, it can be done.

NOW TOURING AT VARIOUS GARDEN CITY LOCATIONS THROUGHOUT THE USA.

FutureFox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FutureFox

Ya know, at first I was like, "What the hell!? Not this bullsh*t again!" But then I saw the dead bunny and I was like, "Not bad... not bad." Still, I agree with domi that the name interplanetary bunnies just isn't creative or witty enough. It just doesn't fit what this derby theme is going for.

camoor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages camoor

This is a great joke, but I can't see why people would want to wear a shirt only a dedicated wooter would get.

monkeyswag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeyswag
Re: The Archaic One

Nice colors and illustration. wtg.

trois étoiles -

Draike

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Draike
Re: Veggies are SO METAL!

Bigger image available here.

freiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freiz
Re: Gonna Make You Lunch

hoho...I actually have a couple of friends whose names on their radio show are Peanut Butter and Jelly Roll. I wonder what kind of music this pair plays.

monkeyswag

raorou2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raorou2
Re: The Pretensions

i really hope this wins because i want this shirt!

monkeyswag

Re: 3 Owl Moon

a simple and pleasing design. wtg.

trois étoiles -

sonotthereason

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sonotthereason
Re: Gonna Make You Lunch

Again with the yellow...cute but could never wear it, so can't have my vote. Good Luck tho.

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

monkeyswag

Re: Rock 'Till Your Copyright Expires

a throw back to yesteryear. wtg.

trois étoiles -

camoor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages camoor
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=32863]Stings

This is really good, it should have more votes. Sadly, I suspect there's no love for the violin.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: Monsters Of Cowbell World Tour

I appreciate that a lot of effort was put into this shirt put the cowbell thing is so tired it needs to be dragged out back and shot.