jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
xtinaftw wrote:Who tucks in a band t-shirt?! Ha ha. Well, if this were printed, the placement is about like Let Go which I have, and the design stops 6in from the bottom of the shirt, which should be enough to tuck in I think.

haven't tucked since goonies came out.

love the new colors.

Happy Beer.

zenith1047

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zenith1047
Re: The White Peacocks

The "a" is a tad hard to see, which causes the word "cocks" to pop a bit more than I'd ever want on a shirt

Pretending to be human since 1913

grfxho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grfxho
flibbityjibbet wrote:I'm guessing this will get rejected because of the celebrity likeness, and the chances of a lawsuit, but... I voted, simply because I dream of one day owning a shirt with Ted Danson's face on it.

I suppose it won't pass for parody...? or get off on the fact that maybe it's just a guy with a Danson-esque hair cut?

If it does get rejected, that's OK. I got to giggle while I made it.

-------------------------

camoor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages camoor
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=32839]

Would woot ever consider spinning off "KidsShirt.Woot"? That way the usual derby winners could still get printed, and they could go back to printing shirts for adults on shirt.woot

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: now appearing in Seattle, Portland, NY, San Fran..

I. Want. This. Shirt. So. Bad.

icemonster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages icemonster
Re: Interplanetary Bunnies

This entry gives me gas. When you saw that the next derby was "fake band t-shirts" is this what you thought of? You can't be serious. This is even worse than deadfrog's joke entry for this derby. Are you out of good ideas or something?

Sapherynth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Sapherynth
khconrad wrote:Is the misspelling in "Chaleston" intentional?

Oop! Good catch, that is supposed to be Charleston, SC. That is what I get for staring at the comp screen for so long. That will be fixed in the print file if things go that well. Thanks!

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
xtinaftw wrote:Hmm. Might be a little too plain like that.

But I DID redo the colors, so how about THIS ONE!

Hope you all like the changes. Off to bed for me

i dug the colors the first time around (and the new one), but when i explained it to my bro he laughed first, but then said "i'm not wearing a rainbow in the sky. all it needs is clouds and i could wear it to a pflag meeting." i could see a lot of male wooters against the colors for that reason alone. but i personally like the design and the lettering.

anyway, i think it'd be funny as hell to be walking around chicago and have some germans trying to hand me money. not that it would happen, but it's funny to think it in my head.

Happy Beer.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
flibbityjibbet wrote:Is that dude only wearing a helmet?

He's wearing a shiny metallic space suit. Skintight of course. You won't get very far in this universe if you don't wear futuristic skintight clothing.

TurboGraphx16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16
Re: Monsters Of Cowbell World Tour

I really like this shirt, but I think it's gonna' look ridiculous with the front blank. I understand Woot! can't do it, but I wish they could put a little graphic on the front; then it would look more like a concert T.

TurboGraphx16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16
JordanTG wrote:http://noisebot.com/the_eh_team_t-shirt.htm

Maybe?

With the exception of the maple leaf, that's nothing like this shirt. Just because it included a maple leaf and the word "Eh" doesn't make it similar.

nikolina100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nikolina100
Re: The Sex Drugs

Awesome!!

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
icemonster wrote:This entry gives me gas. When you saw that the next derby was "fake band t-shirts" is this what you thought of? You can't be serious. This is even worse than deadfrog's joke entry for this derby. Are you out of good ideas or something?

You have to have a good idea to be out of them.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
bellarific wrote:I don't know if you created your typeface yourself, but I really like it.

I'm surprised more people aren't discussing all the terrible type choices around here. Am I the only one noticing the atrocities? I mean, I know I'm a snob when it comes to typography, but seriously.

Anyways, yours is great and coalesces perfectly with your illustrations!

Thanks!

I did all the lettering by hand, and yes I'll admit to being a bit of a typography snob. It's always fun to create typefaces.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: The Space Crabs

This is really well done!

gingerbreadface

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gingerbreadface
drewmac wrote:This is the best name out there, I'm voting for that but would rater see a wine glass and waffer. Less hokie faces.
Gonna get reject since no shirt comp, resub opportunity!

Totally watching for it!!!!!

How do you do a shirt comp??

LDrees

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LDrees
re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry.aspx?id=32839]

I lol'ed. I also voted. As much I as I disliked the first one, I'm still not done giggling about pander bears.

artulo

leonryan wrote:pure coincidence. i'm left handed myself but don't play drums and wouldn't know how to tell. is it because of the position of the hats?

I believe you would be correct. Most of the time the positions are opposite from what you have here.

Excellent drawing, though! I really like it and would get one for my Dad - he's a drummer.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
krisrobinson wrote:Thanks. Yeah, this one actually looks better, but letterbrains probably isn't as punchy as letterheads, although it's still funky cool.

I agree. Yours was best in Derby first time.

Deflit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deflit
jewelwing wrote:Looks like most of you there got the joke, but for the few of you who are extra-sensitive just wanted to add...

I don't consider a homeless person and a hippie to be the same thing! Being a filthy hippie is a lifestyle and it doesn't mean you're at all disadvantaged or anything. Isn't the filthy part kind of the look they're going for? Hippies want to be hippies, so calling them hippies doesn't seem to me like it would be that offensive. It's really pretty amazing that some of them put themselves out there like that.

Thanks everyone for the votes and comments and especially to the awesome hippies out there who like it. All in fun.

I think that those sensitive people are mistakening this shirt as one for the unfortunate whose life is only a box and a trumpet by their side. NY has a lot of that. I doubt that is what you were going for though. xD

Do like the shirt, however couldn't you have made it look less poster-y/box form? Or is that on purpose. I dont think those look very good on shirts imo.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Interplanetary Bunnies

You're... you're not even trying, huh?

Pander, pander, pander. DeadFrog's pander-bait, at least, I find amusing because it's self-aware and actually has meaning beyond the ostensible woot self-reference. I'd buy it for the irony and wear it for the popular music commentary.

This? No. Nothing.

Even my tween cousin, who loves the majority of your and your girlfriend's work (sigh, tweens!), looked at this and didn't get or like it. She asked "are those supposed to be bunnies," and "why does the one thing have to be dead?"

Indeed, since it's a "band" "design," and they're "supposed to be" "rocking" "bunnies" (I'm very skeptical).... why does the one thing have to be dead? What does it actually contribute to the "bunny" band design?

And a question of my own: why do the "bunnies" have bodies seemingly composed of lumpy sacks of sand?

KittyPryde

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KittyPryde
Re: We Were Better Yesterday

I did this comp on both in jpg and png and the png looked fine, but for some reason still came out all pixally when uploaded. I DO NOT KNOW WHY. This is what it should look like:

This is also totally my fake band name in Rockband.

airs0ft3r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages airs0ft3r
chichowduckie wrote:Same. You've got my vote.

I've very glad you got a good use out of that design. I like it very much.

artulo

lindab53 wrote:Made me think of Three Dog Night.

Actually I thought the same thing :D

It's nicely done and many times simple is better.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Gonna Make You Lunch

Oh, Artulo, I'm not really one for cute, but there's something about your style that I can't resist! Like your ketchup container tee, this is simple, sweet, and just plain adorable (without putting me into a diabetic coma). I would love to wear it (insh'allah). GMV!

Ikonos71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ikonos71
Re: Ausverkauf - Green Resub

Great colors. This is a huge improvement over the original in my opinion.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=32839]

Like I said in another thread: DeadFrog's pander-bait I find amusing because it's self-aware and actually has meaning beyond the ostensible woot self-reference. I'd buy it for the irony and wear it for the popular music commentary (and the irony).

GMV, part eagerly and part grudgingly (I know what I'm supporting, even if I'm trying to ignore its background).

DeadFrog wrote:Moving to Chicago this week and couldn't bring myself to do a serious entry.

Welcome to Chicago! Hie yourself to Kuma's Corner (corner of fransisco and belmont), Hot Doug's (corner of roscoe and california), and Hopleaf (on clark, south of foster) as quickly as you can. Best burgers, hot dogs, and Belgian food and beer (oh, gods, the beers!) in the city (respectively). And don't drink anything but Intelligentsia coffee--Cafe Selmarie in Lincoln Square has the best blend! If you'd like any recommendations or advice, PM me--I'd be happy to impart some.

Tontogoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tontogoldstein

Camping out at midgnight for this. easily.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Re: Paul Rand and his Saul Bass

One of my favorite quotes is a Paul Rand... "Don't try to be original, just try to be good".

Not really sure where that particular comment fits in the world of the Woot Derby, but I thought I'd share nonetheless. ;p

Sorry this doesn't seem to be getting votes, though it's understandable. I appreciate it, at least. ;)

princesssararenee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages princesssararenee

Awesome. Love it. Good job.

cheshirecatsgrin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheshirecatsgrin
Re: Cheshire Cat's Grin

Please go easy on me. This is my first try, and I'm still trying to figure out all the ins and outs of Gimp.

monkeyswag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeyswag
Re: The Sex Drugs

Wow! Really terrific illustration.

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
Re: WE ARE ALL ANATOMICALLY CORRECT SOMEHOW

We Are All Anatomically Correct is a group of biology teachers that are fed up with the school education system. Knotty Bits was once looked by Isaac Hayes, but he turned them down or South Park.

Al little detail

cruelnv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cruelnv
goldenthorn wrote:
Even my tween cousin, who loves the majority of you and your girlfriend's work (sigh, tweens!), looked at this and didn't get or like it. She asked "are those supposed to be bunnies," and "why does the one thing have to be dead?"

hoho. I love that your cousin asked about the dead one. Personally, that's what I like about this shirt. I'm not one for cute... unless it is slightly disturbing. (You Guys Have to Try This?)

That being said, this shirt is still a bit too cute for my taste. I would have to see a meteor actually bouncing off of the helmet or something so that the juxtaposition is a bit stronger. Also, the name would have to be something a bit more catchy/clever. (I understand that's not the artist's style, and my tastes aren't the same as the masses', however) I do still like that this is a bit different from the norm; though be it ever so slightly. Just my two cents.

BTW, I just want to point out that those are in fact bunnies... and pikachu-esque. I thought that everyone knew that by the year 2030 (2 years before this band started to make it big), the rights to bunnies had been purchased by Nintendo (a large gaming company for those who are unfamiliar). Bunnies were then genetically engineered in order to create the first reality based pokemon game... the game was unfortunately a flop due to lawsuits from PETA.

P.S. I would've caught them all.

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other user(s). Please keep in mind that these are only opinions and should not be inherently considered as factual statements. Thank you.

monkeyswag

monkeyswag wrote:thanks for the heads up. curious that so many participate. monkey see monkey do.

I'm working on it.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Re: The Space Crabs

My only nitpick is with the scribbly shadows and highlights on the male figure - they look great on the crab since he's distant, but the closer figure seems like it should be a little tighter in the rendering, like the lady in red (who I think is perfect). The colors and halftones are spot-on, though. definitely GMV.

cleverconveyence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverconveyence
honzo wrote:Subtly, I think this says the joke fell flat on its face.

Not a surprise.

Join date, japanese username, etc.

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)
number of shirt.woots in 09: 2 (same criteria)

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
studio1172 wrote:We Are All Anatomically Correct is a group of biology teachers that are fed up with the school education system. Knotty Bits was once looked by Isaac Hayes, but he turned them down or South Park.

Al little detail

Typos throughout that description. Sorry, I am tired.

monkeyswag

Re: Veggies are SO METAL!

Powerful illustration. Love your technique.

cruelnv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cruelnv
theinfinityloop wrote:Wouldn't this make at least a little bit of sense if it said galaxy tour instead of world tour?

I was just looking at that too. I was thinking that "worlds tour" would be kinda funny.

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other user(s). Please keep in mind that these are only opinions and should not be inherently considered as factual statements. Thank you.