thurdl01

quality posts: 11 Private Messages thurdl01
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=32839]

Sir, I applaud your chutzpah. I always hate when people start calling "PANDER! PANDER!" on designs. Thanks for not backing down to that.

Though, as you said, I too suspect it will be rejected. Because it could be considered, at some level, a woot reference.

grayehound

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grayehound
Re: The Sex Drugs

Seriously, one of the best illustrations in the comp. Nice one Leon!

monkeyswag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeyswag
Re: Concert At The Park ft. The Akorns

cute seems to fly here. nice cute little creatures you have. gl

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2

Wow, really clean, great color scheme and I love the style of the robot. My main complaint is the size on the shirt. Needs to be half that size to get my vote.

monkeyswag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeyswag
Re: tomato head

I do like the simplicity of the artwork, but agree the position is a little askew.

ensmind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ensmind
airs0ft3r wrote:I've very glad you got a good use out of that design. I like it very much.

Thank you, so am I...

Question- Does Adder run this site or what? -

Last Derby he made a mention about this Friday's Derby.. not saying the theme but basically implying that this design may apply... at any rate he was right... I would love to see that happen... I hope to finally buy a shirt soon... maybe even mine... maybe someone else's... although nothing really has caught my attention since joining to warrant a purchase quite yet... Not that the work isn't great, I'm kinda a minimalist in that way... lot of blank t-shirts with paint stains and what not! But, once I do, I look forward to voting like you all are doing... Good luck everyone...

E

ElevenEleven

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ElevenEleven
gargrazz wrote:Hoboken isn't real. (It's just a figment of New Jersey's imagination.)

AHAHA!!

rfraddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rfraddy
Re: Botanical Beard

This shirt is so awesome! I want one of theese shirts so bad that if it doesn't win I will try to grow a beard in honor of it!

marmls2m

quality posts: 2 Private Messages marmls2m
DeadFrog wrote:I honestly foresee this getting rejected.

I really am interested in the dialogue regarding the validity of playing to the crowd, a concern common in both music and art.

In any case, one way or the other, this probably won't go to print.

you know what would make me really love this shirt? if they scratchy texture was only on the bears and not on their instruments. but i guess asking DF to mock himself that much is asking too much

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz
TurboGraphx16 wrote:I really like this shirt, but I think it's gonna' look ridiculous with the front blank. I understand Woot! can't do it, but I wish they could put a little graphic on the front; then it would look more like a concert T.

I agree. A real black concert tee has a design on each side. But I was convinced that if I only had one side to choose, it should be on the back.

Maybe I'll post a design for the front here. And if people want, they can get it silkscreened onto it after they buy the shirt. Hmmm...

rfraddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rfraddy
Re: Veggies are SO METAL!

This design is okay but it looks like most other band t-shirts...though I do like the vulture.

wormsweater

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wormsweater
Re: The Neckbeard Brothers

I would more readily purchase this if it didn't say on tour. Still voted, though.

sakleehop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakleehop
Re: The White Peacocks

I changed the colors of the word "Peacocks" to de-emphasize the obvious. Please let me know if it works ASAP; if not I'll just remove it from the derby. Thanks.

noisdois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois
Re: Veggies are SO METAL!

Beautifully drawn. The only thing that bothers me is that it looks like you forgot to color his legs. Did you do that on purpose? I mean, I guess it works, but it kinda sticks out to me...

Anyways, still GMV.

jerroul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerroul
Re: BEHOLD OR BE DAMNED

I agree...run...although banjos are oddly reassuring...in a creepy deliverancy way...

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30
drewmac wrote:...Gonna get reject since no shirt comp, resub opportunity!

Hmm... looks like a shirt comp to me

noisdois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois
leonryan wrote:i just realised i accidentally put the cymbal layer beneath the robot layer. that cymbal should actually be in front of his arm.
i know it's not really important but if i should be lucky enough to win hopefully i'd have the opportunity to correct that before printing.

Lol, it's still awesome. I think that if you wanted them to fix it you would have to resub it. I don't know though, they might do it for you. Honestly, I wouldn't have noticed unless you pointed it out.

I love the crisp lines you used on this one. I hope it makes it all the way to the fog.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: WE ARE ALL ANATOMICALLY CORRECT SOMEHOW

It is hard to read the brown font on the screen, so it will not print well.

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz
otakukev wrote:But it says "World Tour". Where's the foreign lovin'?

They could barely afford the "tour" part, much less the world - but more people go if you put "world" in the tour name. One of the band members has played in Canada, though.

thomasofhunter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thomasofhunter
Sbuck2 wrote:im just wondering how it looks on white

Not as good, with those colors. The purple seems very dark on white and the yellow almost blends in. With different colors, though, it might work.

annay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annay

marmls2m

quality posts: 2 Private Messages marmls2m

i have not yet looked through all the entries in this derby, but i am fairly sure this is the worst band tee i have ever seen. is the green swirly supposed to be the band logo? if it is, that is also a very poor decision on the part of your fake band. a band logo is supposed to be something easily recognizable to help brand the band. the only way this would work is if your fake band was so popular, the name struck immediate recognition, which is the opposite of what this derby is going for, coolness through obscurity. without it, i would think the person wearing this shirt was a jamba juice employee wearing their work shirt out in public

thomasofhunter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thomasofhunter
hfk4 wrote:Awesome shirt! Love it! Also, I think your profile name is great. I love The Circle!

A Dekker fan?? I'm impressed! I wish I could change my profile name lol. Only because I've used this one for a long time and I'm a girl. People always think I'm a guy.

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
mjc613 wrote:It is hard to read the brown font on the screen, so it will not print well.

Thank you for your concern.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

bellarific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellarific
goldenthorn wrote:You're... you're not even trying, huh?

Pander, pander, pander. DeadFrog's pander-bait, at least, I find amusing because it's self-aware and actually has meaning beyond the ostensible woot self-reference.

Eh, I'm going to have to disagree there. A lot of folks are asking "why the dead bunny?", and I think Ramy did it for reasons similar to DeadFrog's panda thing. I can't even count the number of times I've heard wooters complaining about Ramy's style (which I also don't care for) and wishing those ridiculous beady eyed chibi animals would all just die and stop plaguing the site (internet/earth/galaxy). I think this is what Ramy did here, sort of poking fun at himself, and it's what makes the shirt considerable of a vote, in my opinion.

I don't think he is taking this entry *completely* seriously, and it's showing in vote totals. He's not SOARING at the top of the fog like he usually does, and I don't think he was expecting to.

I'd be more likely to vote for Ramy because I see this entry as something to make the rest of us sort of giggle. Deadfrog's just feels like a slap in the face. A very distressed, bad type choice slap in the face. I can giggle that he's being so vengeful, but I'd never encourage him to do it again or promise that I'd buy one.

*stretch* what a way to start the morning. Anyone want a bagel?

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Re: Gonna Make You Lunch

I realize everybody else posting seems to be aware of this already, but I had to google it because my knowledge of C&C Music Factory is quite limited: "Gonna make you sweat" is the name of that song where they start off with "Everybody dance now".

I know, I know, all the previous posters know this already, but some goobers like me were probably looking at "gonna make you lunch" and wondering why the heck that was there on the shirt.

Great design, art! Well-suited for the summer.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik

I really like the illustration. The only thing holding me back from a vote is the name of the band. I'm not quite sure why, but it doesn't do it for me; it doesn't roll off the tongue quite right, at least for me.

I can't say enough good things about the illo, though--great job with that. Hope to see more of your stuff in future derbies

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

bellarific wrote:
I'd be more likely to vote for Ramy because I see this entry as something to make the rest of us sort of giggle. Deadfrog's just feels like a slap in the face. A very distressed, bad type choice slap in the face. I can giggle that he's being so vengeful, but I'd never encourage him to do it again or promise that I'd buy one.

Oh, dear. I see it as the exact opposite situation, with ramyb as you described DeadFrog, and DeadFrog as you described ramyb. Opinions, eh?

I want a bagel! But I only have plain in the house, and I want a mish mosh. With chive cream cheese and lox. Alas, my car is in the shop and it's too humid to walk. Be a dear and bring me some?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

IndependentVik wrote:I realize everybody else posting seems to be aware of this already, but I had to google it because my knowledge of C&C Music Factory is quite limited: "Gonna make you sweat" is the name of that song where they start off with "Everybody dance now".

I know, I know, all the previous posters know this already, but some goobers like me were probably looking at "gonna make you lunch" and wondering why the heck that was there on the shirt.

Great design, art! Well-suited for the summer.

Holy hells. Do you know stupid I am this morning? I'll tell you how stupid I am this morning: I didn't catch that. And I should have. Because it's so obvious. *sigh* I blame it on the hangover. Not my inherent slowness.

papacrazyfoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages papacrazyfoot
Re: PIGS IN BLANKETS (RESUB)

I need like a list of rules. I keep feeling like I'm going to get rejected. Anybody have a link or something?

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
bellarific wrote:Eh, I'm going to have to disagree there. A lot of folks are asking "why the dead bunny?", and I think Ramy did it for reasons similar to DeadFrog's panda thing. I can't even count the number of times I've heard wooters complaining about Ramy's style (which I also don't care for) and wishing those ridiculous beady eyed chibi animals would all just die and stop plaguing the site (internet/earth/galaxy). I think this is what Ramy did here, sort of poking fun at himself, and it's what makes the shirt considerable of a vote, in my opinion.

I don't think he is taking this entry *completely* seriously, and it's showing in vote totals. He's not SOARING at the top of the fog like he usually does, and I don't think he was expecting to.

You are giving way too much credit where none is due. There is absolutely nothing about this entry that hasn't been created by a million other chibi artists and quite frankly the cutesy dead ones are just as common as the cutesy shiny live ones. It's all completely rehashed.

ChadethOwns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChadethOwns
benjaminleebates wrote:very Shel Silverstien...
At least to me, anyway.
um, that is a compliment, btw

You hit it right on the dot. That's my favorite author too. Now, and as a child. Definitely buying one if this wins!

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB

dsladek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsladek

dsladek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsladek
Re: Botanical Beard

like the style, nice job! gmv!

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB
Re: The Space Crabs

This is win. Full of win.

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange
Re: Gonna Make You Lunch

Oi! Mosh good! it's on LEMON? I thought it was on CREME... yes, lemon? It is lemon? Oh, that's EXCELLENT! I SO hope this prints!

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

IndependentVik wrote:I really like the illustration. The only thing holding me back from a vote is the name of the band. I'm not quite sure why, but it doesn't do it for me; it doesn't roll off the tongue quite right, at least for me.

I can't say enough good things about the illo, though--great job with that. Hope to see more of your stuff in future derbies

Personally I love the name of the band. The designer encapsulates the entire history of rock and roll music in two words, plus goes one better and adds robots and jet planes.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: The Space Crabs

Wow CM, you continue to really impress. I love retro Sci-fi stuff (I've been to the Science Fiction Hall of Fame and History Museum twice since I moved to the Seattle area). I think you got the tone of this one just right.

flibbityjibbet

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flibbityjibbet

Unfortunately, I noticed the cymbal placement issue right off the bat hahaha. I can't really vote for it because of that alone. I'm naturally meticulous when it comes to things involving musical instruments.

I think you have so few votes, that if you re-subbed it, you would be just as likely to win. Better to do it now than later!

I understand if you want to leave it as is, though.

Just know that Woot isn't gonna let you change it after the voting ends. Because it's already been voted for and everything, changing it in any way afterwards could be considered a bait-n-switch :P