spanishmel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel

jaredio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaredio

I'm so glad this is out of the fog.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

IndependentVik wrote:I am always happy to perform a public service for the hungover of the world

I think I need just a touch of lunch, and then I'll finally perk up and wanna get funky. That I could ever forget about the awesomeness of early 90s dance music is really one of the things that make me go hmmm.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Re: Galactic Riffed

Impressive design/perspective.

spanishmel

Oh Drakxxx....the concept is really quite hilarious and satirical (I hope). I love the colors, the teal and the grey is really dynamic. I'm a fan of your usual fair...but you are certainly versatile! Something about these humanized koalas is creeping me out...

imsochady

quality posts: 30 Private Messages imsochady
Re: Avengeful Death

Very nice illustration!

spanishmel

I love the colors here but something about this is coming off as slightly...phallic.

spanishmel

I see the text, but what is that thing under it? I can't tell?

spanishmel

This is great JewelWing. You are a genius! You deserve a win here, for sure!

PSORngr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PSORngr

I really hope more people vote for this one. This is probably the only one that I would actually buy from this derby, becoming the second shirt I buy off this site.

Great job!

cinmarrn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cinmarrn
Re: Interplanetary Bunnies

not too fond of the "too cute" variety myself, just not my cup of tea.

wouldn't have commented except that having read the discussion, i couldn't help but mention that as i was looking at the design, my 12-year old son peeked over my shoulder and commented, "That's Pikachu dressed up like bunnies....."

xtinaftw

quality posts: 21 Private Messages xtinaftw
Ikonos71 wrote:Great colors. This is a huge improvement over the original in my opinion.

jabberjaws13 wrote:haven't tucked since goonies came out.

love the new colors.

Thanks guys!

antidote859

quality posts: 3 Private Messages antidote859
Re: The Sex Drugs

I would recommend resubmitting it before you get a higher number of votes. the symbol issue will definitely result some people not voting for it.

antidote859

PSORngr wrote:I really hope more people vote for this one. This is probably the only one that I would actually buy from this derby, becoming the second shirt I buy off this site.

Great job!

Agreed, I really love the colors and the retro sci-fi look.

Best shirt from CMDixion without a doubt!

xtinaftw

quality posts: 21 Private Messages xtinaftw
jabberjaws13 wrote:i dug the colors the first time around (and the new one), but when i explained it to my bro he laughed first, but then said "i'm not wearing a rainbow in the sky. all it needs is clouds and i could wear it to a pflag meeting." i could see a lot of male wooters against the colors for that reason alone. but i personally like the design and the lettering.

anyway, i think it'd be funny as hell to be walking around chicago and have some germans trying to hand me money. not that it would happen, but it's funny to think it in my head.

I've been to Germany twice and it was only ever me handing THEM money. Pity, hehe. And doesn't your bro know that Real Men Wear Pink? And I'm sure that applies to rainbows too right?

antidote859

spanishmel wrote:I see the text, but what is that thing under it? I can't tell?

It's supposed to be a wand.

antidote859

Re: Botanical Beard

Although it is not something that I would purchase to wear myself, I must say that you did an excellent job on this design. I really like the layout.

antidote859

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=32839]

After taking in all of the posted comment, I must say that WOOT would be very silly to reject this shirt.
There is no actual woot reference so it should be safe and if they do reject then they are chocolatey.

tiernane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiernane
Re: Rock 'Till Your Copyright Expires

I feel like this is a really dumb question, but I just switched monitors... What color is this on?

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: elevator band revival

I'm excited about this one. Hoping to move up!

CLICK FOR LARGER VERSION

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: elevator band revival

This is a great idea. I just hope the gray prints well.

suse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suse
MiKEYxCORE wrote:What exactly is that logo supposed to be? I'm hoping some sort of plant or flower (avocado, maybe?), but my mind keeps going back to vagina. @_@

Don't you mean labia? The va-jay-jay is on the inside...

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
eHaicyon wrote:I don't think "honzo" is necessarily Japanese.

I like how every user with a Japanese-esque username and who joined after a certain date no longer have a valid opinion on anything.

Join date, Japanese username...

bellarific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellarific
Re: Botanical Beard

Time for another flood of thank you's.

@ Manvyi- Thank you so much. The hardest part about all this was how to color it. I started out by making his beard brown and then slowly morphing it to one of the final greens, but it just.......brown didn't look good with the rest of the design. Not the brown I kept trying to use, anyway.

@ benjaminleebates- Oh man. That is a golden nugget compliment to me. He's my favorite author/illustrator probably ever. The things he could do with a single line, man. Impressive. If you've never read his poem "Listen to the Mustn'ts", I highly recommend.

@ rfraddy- A regular beard? Or one with flowers and grass? :P Thanks.

@ ChadethOwns- Hooray for similar interests! :D

@ dsladek- Thank you for your love. You don't even know how greatly it is appreciated. I've been grinning like a fool at work all day from all these compliments.

@ cmdixon2- Thank you so much. I'm kind of worried that woot's going to reject it for having lines to small to print, if it even makes it to that point. And as far as the yellow shirt thing goes, I did try to put it on yellow and then creme, but it just.....I loved the crispness of the white shirt. I always end up going with white. =]

@ theinfinityloop- Thank you! Out of everything I learned in college about Graphic Design, I think I most easily and fully fell in love with the world of type. Creating typefaces is the most fun a Graphic Designer can have, in my opinion.

@ Heartluce- Grazie! Molto apprezzata!

@ antidote859- I was worried about the layout being too heavy on the left for a while, but I attempted to clear that up with the loopy microphone string. Thank you!

BrettWalking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrettWalking
snappystrappy wrote:does this elephant have ears?

everyone knows.. elephant ears = air resistance

you can't have ears if you're going to fly...

or be the mascot to such a band.

bellarific

goldenthorn wrote:Oh, dear. I see it as the exact opposite situation, with ramyb as you described DeadFrog, and DeadFrog as you described ramyb. Opinions, eh?

I want a bagel! But I only have plain in the house, and I want a mish mosh. With chive cream cheese and lox. Alas, my car is in the shop and it's too humid to walk. Be a dear and bring me some?

I totally would, but I have a sneaking suspicion that you're a little too far away for either of us to make a trip to the other over a bagel. Plus, it's just about dinner time. :P

BoredStiff

quality posts: 13 Private Messages BoredStiff
re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry.aspx?id=32839]

I, quite literally, laughed out loud when I clicked on this. Excellent job, DF. Hope you win, and "sell out."

bellarific

mrwednesday wrote:You are giving way too much credit where none is due. There is absolutely nothing about this entry that hasn't been created by a million other chibi artists and quite frankly the cutesy dead ones are just as common as the cutesy shiny live ones. It's all completely rehashed.

I guess I'm not familiar enough with this style to know that's a rehashed idea. Ahh well. What can ya do?

cruelnv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cruelnv
cinmarrn wrote:...wouldn't have commented except that having read the discussion, i couldn't help but mention that as i was looking at the design, my 12-year old son peeked over my shoulder and commented, "That's Pikachu dressed up like bunnies....."

No offense, but, as I explained earlier, this isn't the original pikachu... your son obviously doesn't know a futuristic, genetically engineered, super bunny with lighting powers when he sees one.

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other user(s). Please keep in mind that these are only opinions and should not be inherently considered as factual statements. Thank you.

paulstansifer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paulstansifer
Re: Some bands are TOO AWESOME for dictionaries.

When I told her the band name, a friend of mine said that I should misspell it. When I showed her the design, she pointed out that I already had.

In any event, I feel that a guy who keeps playing guitar even though he's on fire is truly adequate.

gingerbreadface

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gingerbreadface
Re: The Mighty Mighty Eucharists

This is confusing. I give up.

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
benjaminleebates wrote:The Good, I like the colors and style.
The Bad, the font is hard to read, perhaps it should have been solid and one color.
The Ugly, I feel dirty inside when I look at the image. Is it gonna have a baby in about nine months? ewww.

spanishmel wrote:I love the colors here but something about this is coming off as slightly...phallic.

Phallic? Hmmm. So you and the other guys and gals see a pen1s and or some sort of sexual image. Ever seen a guitar? Ever seen a guitar played. Oh yeah, up and down on the fret board, up and down... and lots of fingering. Are we giggling yet? Can't help but think about sexual connotations? If you want to break down the shape of a guitar itself then the body is a big round base aka SACK, then you got the fret board or neck... read SHAFT and then the head... read HEAD. That's what a guitar is. I didn't invent them. If this looks like a pen1s then guitars in general look like a pen1ses to you. Guitar, pen1s, guitar, pen1s. The ship is very angular and stretched, the streaks are the strings and the clouds there are the outline of a base. I really don't see how to make it more clear. And if the hole there is really the shape of any genitalia any of you have ever seen then I'm sorry. And yes, its going to have a baby in 9 months. It comes with the shirt.... uh ohhhhhhhhhh there goes that word again lolololololololol.

Truth is, everything is"phallic" if you want it to be. Pens, pencils, flashlights, poles, rifles, knives, stick shifts, florescent light bulbs, markers, screw drivers, Wii-motes... should I go on? People need to get over two things. One, everything looks like c0ck. And Two, everything draws attention to the FEMALE'S YOU KNOW WHATS OH MY GOD! Its really not elementary school. So lets get it out of our system. Boobies wieners sex vagina babies!! Thanks for the comments.

choiceweb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages choiceweb
Re: Hiking in Argentina RESUB

Rather topical (sort of)

choiceweb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages choiceweb
Re: Lexicon of Haberdashery

There should be more bands with lexicon or haberdashery in their names.

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
tgentry wrote:Awesome!

Thank you sir!

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
spanishmel wrote:I love the colors here but something about this is coming off as slightly...phallic.

Kind of like a guitar?

honzo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages honzo
jabberjaws13 wrote:in case people aren't getting the joke. its a crappy cabbage that doesn't make a good band name, much like korn is an awful band name. "who is your favorite band?" "korn". hoser.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kohlrabi

The explanation is longer than the joke. f a i l.

Popo108

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Popo108
sutheo wrote:Oi! Mosh good! hilarious!!!!!!! I'll take 3!!!

Hahaaahaha, so good, trouble is I think I'd be afraid to wear it, altho might be easy to cut your way through a crowd wearing it, people jumping out of the way, only seeing the S word.