benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates
glendower wrote:I would buy several.

Awesome, thanks!
If this doesn't make into the double take derby, you WILL see an ad in my sig for this shirt on another site! (in 8 weeks)...
It's my favorite, too!

mpposey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mpposey
JustJiggles wrote:Greatest shirt ever?

I like it. too many sci-fi shirts win on here that aren't clever at all. I like this one

KUClerks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KUClerks
goldenthorn wrote:Meow, kitten! I was not personally insulting you, so please to be sheathing your claws.

I was saying that the words were pointless. My point was that if you're going to do a Russian band design and incorporate cyrillic text, it would be worth making the text something clever rather than banal. "Men and Women from Russia" is boring and pointless. If you know Russian, then using that knowledge to create a funny or clever Russian band name would have been fantastic. Especially for the balalaika, domain of the sodden poet's steppe-dreaming Cossack soul.

Lol. Okay. I was fearful if I made any jokes that it would be rejected for being politically incorrect or something.

When I saw the theme this week (a sweet theme for once) I was upset with myself for not having started sooner. Heh, yeah, I wanted to sketch like four heads on paper then put them at the bottom and add more like band related stuff but I didn't do it in time. Maybe next time! I like russian themed everything but I don't exactly have a sense of humor either. I guess that's the joke! hoho.

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
capedcrusader514 wrote:Does anyone else think it's hilarious that it says 'bitchas' right there?

Oh my goodness...subliminal messaging. I swear I did NOT intend that, ha ha.

homeschoolwinner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages homeschoolwinner
cmdixon2 wrote:One day soon, mark my words, you will print here. Your work is refreshingly cute without being "cutesy" or overdone. You have such a wonderful style that is easy to see on both children and adults. I hope to be one of the first people to buy one of your designs when you do win. Keep up the good work!

Thanks! :D

"Love is the meaning of life, Life is the meaning of love" The Rutles

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
Re: Captain Salt

The colors are great! I like this design.

damjadi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages damjadi

But me like!

qetza

Re: Monsters Of Cowbell World Tour

This design is really well done. Nice

qetza

mjc613 wrote:This is the kind of shirt I was hoping to see with this theme. Sorry you entered so close to the end.

Me too. I tried, but it was the soonest I could cubmit it. If it's meant to be it's meant to be.

Thanks.

KUClerks

Manvyi wrote:In Russia, boxiness likes you!

Actually, it's a shame there haven't been more fake bands from supposed non-Anglophone musical traditions in this derby.

Anyway, it's a "da" for the cyrillic on this one, even though it's a "nichego" for the design and a "nyet" for the typo.

hoho. that's fair. spasiba y dovitzenia!

KUClerks

capedcrusader514 wrote:Does anyone else think it's hilarious that it says 'bitchas' right there?

hehe, I do now...

Icemank91

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Icemank91
Re: Botanical Beard

One of the 4 shirts I voted for this derby.

Love, love, love it. :D

+1

imsochady

quality posts: 25 Private Messages imsochady
bellarific wrote:Ahhhhh your signature!!!

Hahahaah, such sweetness shall not go unpromoted!

JordanTG

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JordanTG
Re: Botanical Beard

Salad fingers?

KUClerks

Re: the balalaika players

heh, this is what I was kinda going for:

I would have loved to add a sketch in as well.

Maybe next time!

rhhaywar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhhaywar
gh01 wrote:From the album "Dark Side of your Mom"

Oh that is too perfect. I don't care if it was rejected... I would so want one. This on the front and "dark side of your mom" on the back XD

KUClerks

Re: Captain Salt

love the style and the obscure name!

matvell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matvell

WE NEED MORE VOTES!!! I want to wear this!!!

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
JordanTG wrote:I can't believe A)the Pi shirt is ahead of this, and B)People aren't digging this illustration.

Sorry Drakxxx, i personally love it.

Thanks very much. I tried something a little different with this one. I tried to find a balance between the popular cuteness we see around here and my typical illustrative style. I'm pretty pleased and amused by it, so it's cool.

As I'm sure some of you could guess, my first idea was some crazy detailed heavy metal shirt, but I realized the project might not have been my best bet for the woot contest.

idickson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idickson
re: the zombie undies

"Zombie Undies"... hehehe.
Love it.
er,, "Them".

spanishmel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel

Estaff - I'm perfectly alright, don't worry. Thank you for all the words of encouragement! I'll be frank, I'm used to not winning. These derbies are a lot of fun for me and I won't be stopping any time soon. I really appreciate all of the feedback.

spanishmel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel
Drakxxx wrote:Thanks very much. I tried something a little different with this one. I tried to find a balance between the popular cuteness we see around here and my typical illustrative style. I'm pretty pleased and amused by it, so it's cool.

As I'm sure some of you could guess, my first idea was some crazy detailed heavy metal shirt, but I realized the project might not have been my best bet for the woot contest.

I want to see that heavy metal shirt! ;)

mrscritter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrscritter
Re: The Suffixeses

I need a red shirt! and this one is just perfect!

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
Re: now appearing in Seattle, Portland, NY, San Fran..

I believe nowadays these "hippies" are called trustafarians. And they are certainly filthy.

Carpe shirtem!

KidKobun

quality posts: 6 Private Messages KidKobun
Re: Yo Dawg I herd you like fake bands so we put a...

I think that the umlaut is in the wrong spot. Shouldn't it be over the "u?"

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

Oddly enough, I was in Clearwater, Florida last weekend. We even passed by the world headquarters.

iheartstevezissou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iheartstevezissou
re: gonna make you lunch

love it!

cleverconveyence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverconveyence
AdderXYU wrote:

Though the scenario does hammer home just how bad the majority tends to be at picking things. Hell, I still think Obama's "popular vote" margin was tooooo thin for any card with Sarah Palin on it.

Like how a meteor passing within however many hundreds of thousands of miles of Earth is considered a "near-miss." hurrrrr.

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)
number of shirt.woots in 09: 2 (same criteria)

asifspider

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asifspider
Re: Infinite Pi

I appreciate the joke and think the design is ok, but I'm not sure the design will work on a t-shirt, and it isn't instantly recognizable as a "band T-shirt". It could just as easily be a math club softball t-shirt.

Honestly, I think it would look better without the "band name" and jokey motto.

Not to sound too harsh, but I hope the pb&j or robot shirt catches up to this one.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

woot reference. NTM a real event.

:-o

cleverconveyence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverconveyence
simontsui wrote:I just had to log in and vote for this. If it makes to the top three, I will buy it.

Join date, japanese reference in username, etc.

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)
number of shirt.woots in 09: 2 (same criteria)

guitardriver64

quality posts: 2 Private Messages guitardriver64

Umm is anyone else a little bothered that this is basically a design resubmission with some letters added to it? Let me site a similar case that got rejected the infamous "4 Dollars a Gallon"

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=14734

Caused this shirt to be rejected:

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=31969

Woot at least could be consistent in their rejections..... Those derbies were 40 derbies apart this one is the next derby come on!

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: Gibblies anime band

Not something I'd really see Woot selling, but I think it's cute. I like the color scheme.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

guitardriver64

quality posts: 2 Private Messages guitardriver64

hoho moar Bunnies!!

smedgrick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smedgrick
Re: The Archaic One (brown)

reminds me of that one eagles album, one of these nights.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Infinite Pi

I'm seriously asking. Someone please explain to me why this shirt is worthy of being in the fog?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

waacodemon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon
JordanTG wrote:If the Pie shirt beats this then one thing is going to happen;

Gun in mouth.

well said. well said

I once ate a cricket.

bbulrich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbulrich
Re: Bunny Holly

this is adorable

SOHDWPT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SOHDWPT
asifspider wrote:... and it isn't instantly recognizable as a "band T-shirt". It could just as easily be a math club softball t-shirt. ...

Well said.

hewtab

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hewtab
Re: Space Owl Solo

Jasneko, if you print this elsewhere let me know. I really want it!