Bulnes

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bulnes
AdderXYU wrote:this shirt should be rejected for being unwearable.

Adder I have read comments from you before. You are mean and self-righteous. And you must have a sad little life if you have to haunt all the artwork of others and then trash talk them.

If you like something vote for it ... it you don't like it go on to the next one.

Get over yourself Adder

Woots: twelve
Shirts: fifty five...wow.. I gotta get another hobby

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
schw9411 wrote:
nbouscal, I just have to say, thank you for staying reasonable and admitting that while entries that take a little more work and have more "artistic integrity" (whoever decides what that is) would be preferable to cutesy dime-a-dozen gag shirts, WOOT is a BUSINESS. There's a reason that cutesy dime-a-dozen shirts are such. They sell. I think that DF really understands this and that's where the first pandas came from same with lion, witch, wardrobe, and the turtles. I don't know what adder finds to be so epicly important about silly t-shirts unless he is like others using money made from sites like this to live on, and then I feel for him a bit- but, really, spend more time promoting your design and saying why it is good rather than trashing on an intelligent artist who has the market figured out. ... ... wow that got off topic... I just wanted to say thank you for staying rational!

P.S. love the idea behind the pi shirt, hate the actual shirt along with others.

You don't need to be effected by something to care about it. Plenty of people care about poverty and malaria and war in Africa, and they don't even live there!

Which is not to say that a shirt is the same, but it is to say that if I care about what art means, and what self-expression means, and I care about the designers who put the effort in every week to personify that, and I care that people should be paid for the quality of the work they put in to any job they do, then I should care about who wins the derby. And it follows that if you don't care who wins the derby, you also don't care about art or self expression or fair wages.

It is more than just a silly little shirt. It's a slap in the face of everyone who tries. It's the office slacker getting the raise. And while woot is not big enough to influence art (especially since they so rarely feature any!) it is one more symptom of the death of culture. If artistic worth can be summed up by marketability and "playing the game," then art is meaningless, and everything art stands for is dead. And believe you me, the creative arts are more important for humanity than retail will ever be. Retail just brings in money, and the world got on fine before without it. Creation nourishes the soul. People have created since the dawn of time.

ensmind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ensmind
AdderXYU wrote:The designers with the worst reputations are the ones that make the most bank in the derbies. Think about it and tell me that "reputation" means ANYTHING. The only people who are effected are the ones who dare question what rises to the top. If you're in the right with the drones, you could eat babies on video and they'd defend you.

Seriously, though, the meteoric rise of this tee makes me pretty repulsed and totally baffled. I cannot honestly justify how this could do that legitimately, and it makes me wish woot had the sense of honor to investigate.

Adder get a life bro seriously... it's a T-Shirt Dude not public office... Freedom to express ones self through the outlet Woot provides... T-Shirts... You have the right to comment as does everyone else... but your problem is your skirt is too tight and your high heels don't fit...

Get out of the woman's department and take it like a man... This T-Shirt is I designed is a symbol to girls like you... you can't always have your way...

Good Night Adder sleep well and dream of me!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
carmenate wrote:I love the design, but there actually is a great band named Galactic already. They're out of New Orleans.

But this one is Galactic Riffed. Unlike pluralization or "The" at the beginning, the extra word is actually a significant difference.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

AdderXYU

ensmind wrote:Adder get a life bro seriously... it's a T-Shirt Dude not public office... Freedom to express ones self through the outlet Woot provides... T-Shirts... You have the right to comment as does everyone else... but your problem is your skirt is too tight and your high heels don't fit...

Get out of the woman's department and take it like a man... This T-Shirt is I designed is a symbol to girls like you... you can't always have your way...

so what are you expressing? Besides a personality that makes me look like the ice cream man?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

ensmind wrote:Adder get a life bro seriously... it's a T-Shirt Dude not public office... Freedom to express ones self through the outlet Woot provides... T-Shirts... You have the right to comment as does everyone else... but your problem is your skirt is too tight and your high heels don't fit...

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
studio1172 wrote:If it was on a shirt cop then it would be very much on topic.

The name sounds like so many bands that roll into venues that my band plays at.

The name is fine, but so is pretty much any string of random English words. It's just that the design itself doesn't say "hey, this is a band - not just random text". I quite like this band name, actually.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

AdderXYU

goldenthorn wrote:

This needs two more wolves. The current state of the JPG would be far improved with such an addition.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

AdderXYU wrote:This needs two more wolves. The current state of the JPG would be far improved with such an addition.

Courage Wolf brooks no company, for Courage Wolf is a pack of ONE.

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz
meestergud wrote:Wait. . .the Monsters of Cowbell don't come here to TX? HELLO?!?!? Yes, we have 6th St. in Austin and Woot!, but we also have cows. Lots and lots of cows. Plus, the University of Texas has a cow mascot and a bunch of old ladies who do nothing but ring cowbells during football games. As much as I love the idea, I can't vote for such an oversight.

How could three dorks ringing cowbells compete with a chorus of football Moms? Texas is the Broadway of cowbell. The tour wasn't ready.

- The Manager of T.M.O.C.W.T.

Bulnes

jabberjaws13 wrote:i seriously cannot believe adderxyu has not posted a fuming-standing-on-chair-screaming-at-screen rant about this....hopefully it is coming. highlight of my day sometimes....

HAHAHAHA!!!

I WAS JUST THINKING THE SAME THING!!

Oh he's out there... fists clenched, beads of sweat dripping off his beaklike nose. Wisps of steam coming from his ears... he's out there fingers twitching over the keyboard.

HAHAHA! I hope this goes to print because it is so deep in the shallow pool of woot.

AdderXYU

goldenthorn wrote:Courage Wolf brooks no company, for Courage Wolf is a pack of ONE.

Good for wolves. Bad for card decks.

Bulnes

ensmind wrote:Well said... and thanks for the back up!

Glad to do it.

chade2001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chade2001
Re: Infinite Pi

I seriously don't see the appeal with this one. It's even mind boggling to see this in the fog. Even that "Pander Bears" is close to the fog when it's clearly a joke entry, and yet people still vote for it. And of course Ramy's design is somehow close to striking distance. I won't mind PB&J and the Crab be up here, and also Botanical Beard. But this!? Bleh!

gone!

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

AdderXYU wrote:Good for wolves. Bad for card decks.

If wolves were card decks, your hand would be bloody but sharp.

Bulnes

gargrazz wrote:How could three dorks ringing cowbells compete with a chorus of football Moms? Texas is the Broadway of cowbell. The tour wasn't ready.

- The Manager of T.M.O.C.W.T.

I just love the little world you have created around this design.

But you haven't addressed The Fourth Bell Ringer.

Is it true what they say about his sudden departure? *gasp*

AdderXYU

goldenthorn wrote:If wolves were card decks, your hand would be bloody but sharp.

To a wolf, "royal flush" is the color of your face when they are chasing you.

TomBates

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TomBates
ensmind wrote:Dude... I know your young... but just understand... mothers have accounts on these sites as well... and ur very uncool...

good luck in life!

well yes, DUDE, i would consider myself young. even though "young" is completely relative.

so, mothers have accounts on here? that changes everything! i should completely rethink my position on this "design", the "designer" and their alleged mum. i don't want to offend anyone that has gone through child birth... i suppose to be fair i should have originally written, "I aate you and I aate yo mum!" if you get it, you get it.

also, i dont think "cool" could factor in to any post about a pi shirt.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

AdderXYU wrote:To a wolf, "royal flush" is the color of your face when they are chasing you.

UNO!

dangurous

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dangurous
Re: Monsters Of Cowbell World Tour

kinda sad the only wisconsin location is whuldbron... not even close to where i live...

34 woots for shirts, most recent: 10/23/12: Fresh Cake Remix (L); 9/22/10 - iHome Optical Netbook Mouse; 7/12/10 - Woot Off Lights; 5/26/10 - Jolly Roger Floor Mat; 11/23/09 - Memorex 720p HD Mini Camcorder; 3/23/09 - iRobot Roomba 535 Robotic Vacuum

Bulnes

TomBates wrote:....

so, mothers have accounts on here? that changes everything! .... i don't want to offend anyone that has gone through child birth...

That's right dearie... never offend a mother.

Remember what Thumper's mother taught him "If you can't say something nice ... don't say anything at all."

Now play nice! Stop being mean.

ensmind

IndependentVik wrote:Heh. I had to urbandictionary that one

BTW, rarely have I seen a designer answer criticism with less grace, ensmind. I feel your pain, man, I really do--some can be less than polite in their critiquing (I'll admit, sometimes that's even me). That being said, sniping back and being even nastier will not do wonders for your rep.

I'm actually enjoying it... Kinda fun and therapeutic... I appreciate the concern though... Not trying to be nastier at all... just standing up... ;-)

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

nursebynature wrote:That is enough! Babe! Go to bed and stop playing with children! Kids stop being so dumb and get over your dumb lack of fashion. This us NOT the critic's choice awards and you all need to get some kind of a life rather than bagging on T-SHIRT designs!!!! I am so sure! Dear Lord don't you boys have girlfriends to be cuddling with rather than ravaging people this late at night?!?! Get over it all and be happy when someone experiences a tiny bit of success. I am so sure!!!! Stop it all and good night to you testosterone filled nerds!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, if you can throw in a few more exclamation points, I do believe we'll have us a PARTY ON OUR HANDS!(!!!!!!)

ensmind

Bulnes wrote:HAHAHA!!

I just read a little more and who do you think popped up to drone on again

Oh... so funny... gotta go to bed now...

too funny... ah apcray the little lady may see my latest post... I'm so punished... Yay!

ensmind

goldenthorn wrote:Hey, if you can throw in a few more exclamation points, I do believe we'll have us a PARTY ON OUR HANDS!(!!!!!!)

LOL!

nice!

nursebynature

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nursebynature
goldenthorn wrote:Hey, if you can throw in a few more exclamation points, I do believe we'll have us a PARTY ON OUR HANDS!(!!!!!!)

Hmmm party? Have you even been to one lately? Or have you been on your computer for the last week bagging on poor souls and petting yourself thinking you were the s***? I'm sure a few people on here have lives you could TRY to borrow... or not

wugsby

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wugsby
Re: The Rockin' Martian Sushi Chefs

This definitely deserves to do better than it has been

GrumpyCloud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GrumpyCloud
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=33048]Vlad

IMO, this is the only Kazaam (1996) worth voting for in this derby. If I could vote 1000 times, I would.

dangerhaus

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dangerhaus

[quote postid="3293441" user="january"]hacker stuff 'bout my rig n loc

only half my base r belong 2 u now, d*g.

the ha is silent - i'm laughing on the inside

dangerhaus

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dangerhaus
Re: HAM GRENADE ROCKS HARDER THAN YOUR MOM!

har har

the ha is silent - i'm laughing on the inside

davidlichtman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidlichtman
re: molly ringworm

But ringworm is a rash, not a worm.

Properpc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Properpc
snarkygal wrote:

Sorry, I just had to do that LOL.

No problem - I love that orange!!

qdibble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qdibble
striker138 wrote:DING DING DING!!! We have a winner! I wasn't really sure anyone would get the reference.. since it was only about a 1 second bit in that scene. One of the best movie scenes ever by the way. You just earned a lot of cool points my friend.

One of my favorite scenes as well from one of the best films ever made.

PSORngr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PSORngr
Urtawkin2adork83 wrote:wow haven't people grown old of this joke yet...

It was a horrible joke to begin with. Probably the dumbest SNL skit I've ever seen. Of course anything with Will Ferrell in it is incredibly stupid.

euphoria316

quality posts: 0 Private Messages euphoria316

[quote postid="3292361" user="lauraglynn"]JW, I like you and I have liked all of your other designs. (here is the but) I take this as making fun of the homeless and it doesn't sit well with me. If it didn't use the word filthy it would be great.

Just my 2 cents and obviously the very minority.

take care[/quote

my friends are all music loving "filthy hippies" and they all love this shirt lol. and since when are hippies homeless? i got a pretty nice place myself

perryn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perryn

I'm surprised anyone would bad mouth this design. I think it is awesome and is easily my favorite one in the running. Great robot, great band name, great colors, just great. This is the only one of the shirts that are at the top that I'd buy.

RaefWolfe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RaefWolfe
Re: Monsters Of Cowbell World Tour

The moment that I saw this out of the fog and the pandas in the fog, I said out loud, "Are you SERIOUS?"

I'm going to be pissed if this won't print!

AliCat713

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AliCat713
re: infinite pi

When I first saw this shirt, I thought it was a clever little pun and considered if I might buy it if it printed.

After reading the "artist's" and his "girlfriend's" comments, I've decided I really want no part of this.

Congrats on the fogging, ensmind, but I'll pass. As a general rule, I don't buy from people who are rude to long-time members and artists.

IamIreland

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IamIreland

I agree

IamIreland

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IamIreland

Why is this Rejected? What's wrong with referencing Woot? Geez...