sealag

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sealag

Love the bear, but I wish the Band Title were something more clever...unless I'm missing something.

All who wander are not lost.

Micromom1973

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Micromom1973
re: bunny holly

This shirt should be available even if it is not in the top 3...so creative. The "Crickets" add so much to it's charm.

unclemax

quality posts: 8 Private Messages unclemax

HOW IS THIS SHIRT NOT WINNING?! This is one of the few that actually looks like a real band shirt, AND it's gorgeous!

Why does the title have to be "clever"? Puns aren't the only way to go. This one gives helpful advice.

WATCH OUT FOR BEARS!

KarmaGirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KarmaGirl
Re: Veggies are SO METAL!

I totally want this shirt! If Woot doesn't pick it up, I hope it shows up on cafepress!

saltydog75

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saltydog75
thephilliesphanatic wrote:This one ACTUALLY looks like a band t-shirt. Very sleek design!

Totally agree. I want a shirt that would legitimately make someone go and google the name of the band to see who they are. If it's obviously fake, it's just not that cool.

IamIreland

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IamIreland
studio1172 wrote:I read "Appearing on plates everywhere." as well

I thought it said 'plants'...

IamIreland

Re: The 5 Panda 'lectrical band

GOD, how many of these ARE there? You know you're splitting your votes, right?

xtinaftw

quality posts: 21 Private Messages xtinaftw
AliCat713 wrote:When I first saw this shirt, I thought it was a clever little pun and considered if I might buy it if it printed.

After reading the "artist's" and his "girlfriend's" comments, I've decided I really want no part of this.

Congrats on the fogging, ensmind, but I'll pass. As a general rule, I don't buy from people who are rude to long-time members and artists.

Agreed. At first I was glad for your design doing well since it was rejected last week as a text violation. I don't think it's very aesthetically pleasing at all, aside from the colors (but it's hard to go wrong with shades of blue and white, amirite?) I've refrained up until now from commenting because I'm sure you will just say it's because I have an entry based on pi also. However, as AliCat said, I can't vote for someone who can't take comments from the fan base and fellow designers without becoming defensive, and not just defensive, but offensive. The last straw was when you attacked Adder by implying he is acting like a woman. And then a few post from there you had the nerve to tsk tsk at someone making a somewhat generic and more than likely sarcastic "your mom" comment.

If this is "just a t-shirt design contest" then why are you reacting so venomously instead of laughing and shrugging it off and telling YOURSELF that it's just a dumb contest and why should you care so much?

IamIreland

Re: Hoochies Anonymous.. keepin it skanky [upgrade]

While I'm not exactly a fan, I don't think it should have been rejected.

saltydog75

Re: Electric Bill and the Charges

Totally cute. I would actually like a faded version.

thomasofhunter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thomasofhunter
sealag wrote:Love the bear, but I wish the Band Title were something more clever...unless I'm missing something.

It is actually the band name my friend and I came up with for our Rockband band name. It comes from the theme song from a show called "Perfect Hair Forever." In the lyrics, it says "Watch out for bears; to them you are spaghetti dinner."
I've always loved how ridiculously obvious the line "Watch out for bears" sounds.

IamIreland

marmls2m wrote:i wish i could vote for this now. but i especially like how you design brings attention to an issue while remaining as unbiased as possible

Well-designed. We hope you'll submit this elsewhere. I bet Snorg or Busted might pick it up.

leonryan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages leonryan
Re: The Sex Drugs

i really appreciate that, but the way i've been in and out of the fog it seems there's at least 4 better designs in the running. i guess we'll know for sure soon. this has been a nail-biting week for me.

saltydog75

Re: Danson Kween!

It looks like Ted Danson if he were a burn victim. Creepy.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

nursebynature wrote:Hmmm party? Have you even been to one lately? Or have you been on your computer for the last week bagging on poor souls and petting yourself thinking you were the s***? I'm sure a few people on here have lives you could TRY to borrow... or not

Oh, darling, you're trying so hard. Here, this is for your efforts:

IamIreland

auntiesash wrote:Why would it be cnotty? I like the pun - knotty (like knot work) vs naughty. To me, cnotty just looks like a spelling error.

I like the shirt! Nice!

Agreed! And it took a second for this to 'click' but I do like it. None of that 'Cnotty' business...

IamIreland

Re: The Eucalyptus Melancholy

The middle one looks like Hitler.

saltydog75

Re: The June 09ers!

Truly awesome.

mjpyv2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjpyv2
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=33048]Vlad

Awesome shirt. I'm so sick of the cartoonish stuff winning. I never wear black and even I would buy one of these and wear it just because of the design.

smiller933

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smiller933
Re: IM In Pain

I like this. A clean design that can be understood and appreciated from 10 feet. Well done. GMV.

saltydog75

TurboGraphx16 wrote:I really like this shirt, but I think it's gonna' look ridiculous with the front blank. I understand Woot! can't do it, but I wish they could put a little graphic on the front; then it would look more like a concert T.

Totally agree. I was all set to vote for it until I realized it was printed on the back.

Dagith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dagith
re: the space crabs

Hit its weak point for massive damage!

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
ericstreif wrote:I'm sorry but I really don't get this and why so many people are voting for it. It doesn't really make sense nor would I ever wear this.

umm prolly kuz this is the best dang illustration anywhere near the top of this derby!!!! that and a kick A band name to boot!!! but i kinda see what you are saying no cute pandas or PB&J jars for all the lil spawn to wear to preschool B^(

Twistedmonkey22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Twistedmonkey22
xtinaftw wrote:Agreed. At first I was glad for your design doing well since it was rejected last week as a text violation. I don't think it's very aesthetically pleasing at all, aside from the colors (but it's hard to go wrong with shades of blue and white, amirite?) I've refrained up until now from commenting because I'm sure you will just say it's because I have an entry based on pi also. However, as AliCat said, I can't vote for someone who can't take comments from the fan base and fellow designers without becoming defensive, and not just defensive, but offensive. The last straw was when you attacked Adder by implying he is acting like a woman. And then a few post from there you had the nerve to tsk tsk at someone making a somewhat generic and more than likely sarcastic "your mom" comment.

If this is "just a t-shirt design contest" then why are you reacting so venomously instead of laughing and shrugging it off and telling YOURSELF that it's just a dumb contest and why should you care so much?

why wouldn't he stand up for himself? yeah, sure he may have gone a little low on some of those blows but its not changing the fact that im buying this shirt as soon as it prints. i like it, cool shirt(love it even more after his explanation of some the artistry), I'l wear it. i try not to let peoples comments effect if im going to buy the shirt. i try to only go on my own opinion when i first see the shirt. humans are easily swayed by other's opinions.

On a side note: Its weird how when i do actually read comments (which is only on the shirts im thinking of buying) its always the most drama filled flow of comments. happens every time...

homeschoolwinner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages homeschoolwinner
AliCat713 wrote:When I first saw this shirt, I thought it was a clever little pun and considered if I might buy it if it printed.

After reading the "artist's" and his "girlfriend's" comments, I've decided I really want no part of this.

Congrats on the fogging, ensmind, but I'll pass. As a general rule, I don't buy from people who are rude to long-time members and artists.

Seriously.

He's already fogged and will probably print. There's no need to be rude and mean about it. The posts critiquing his design are obviously not losing him votes. You can either ignore those comments or gracefully accept them ("Thanks for your suggestion/comment/critique, I'll keep that in mind for next time").

ensmind wrote:I pictured you picturing yourself as a priest with that Holly 'r than now complex... But then again... both ice cream men and priests like little boys...

Don't hate Adder... Love... just not the neighbors kid!

That was particularly rude, insulting and disgusting. I've seen artists defend their work and that's fine and dandy, even commendable at times. But the way they've been reacting is gross and even embarrassing to themselves.

"Love is the meaning of life, Life is the meaning of love" The Rutles

koopadaisy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koopadaisy

Agreed. 100%.

I was all set to buy one of these for my math nerd husband until I read all this. Even though it will probably print anyway, I'm removing my vote and will not be buying from this artist in the future.

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
dangerhaus wrote:har har

There is nothing funny about Ham Grenade. Ham Grenade destroys cities with distorted songs from golden axes. Ham Grenade will wipe your tears with some other shirt because Ham Grenade did not receive enough votes to bring the pork lovin' to you.

Ahhh . . . I need some coffee. Thanks for the votes and all that jazz! I am really surprised by how many Ham Grenade got. THANKS!

Sjohnson509

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sjohnson509
iheartstevezissou wrote:love it!

Love it!

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
Re: WE ARE ALL ANATOMICALLY CORRECT SOMEHOW

Hey everybody - just for giggles, vote for this shirt and see how far it will get before noon!

superkevio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superkevio
Re: Interplanetary Bunnies

This is really cute - you have my vote! I did the Bunny Holly design, so I guess we both have that in common. Good luck today!

jmorken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmorken
Re: Watch Out For Bears

NEEDS to win.

superkevio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superkevio
Re: Botanical Beard

Thanks for the kind words on my Bunny Holly design. I just wanted to let you know that I like your style a lot and that you have my vote.

ChuckleNorris

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ChuckleNorris
homeschoolwinner wrote:I don't know why I didn't notice this before. I dig the illustration. I think it's hilarious. The style reminds me of Of Montreal's art.

Thanks. I wish I'd gotten it on sooner.

SOHDWPT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SOHDWPT
homeschoolwinner wrote:Thank you! I am very happy to hear that.

It's pretty obvious, though, that it won't print...breaks my heart! But if I got this printed elsewhere, maybe spreadshirt, would anyone be interested?

yep!

nursebynature

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nursebynature
JordanTG wrote:Your and your girlfriend are as fat as there are numbers in pi.

I guess you guys win... I made an account to vote for people's shirts I like and then got sucked in... no more comments for me just voting. You guys are pretty rude and downright mean. Say whatever there will be no more responses from me and I hope you guys had fun being school yard bullies.

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz
Bulnes wrote:I just love the little world you have created around this design.

It's all part of the new t-shirt design service. New shirt, new reality.

Bulnes wrote:But you haven't addressed The Fourth Bell Ringer.

Is it true what they say about his sudden departure? *gasp*

He had some ridiculous notions about 3/3 time. The rest of the guys thought it would just sound like a racket if he was hitting hitting 3/3 and they were all hitting 4/4. They crunched some numbers over a round of ice cream and they realized that they would only be ringing together every 12th note.

Now you tell me, do you want to go to a show where 11/12th's of it is out of sync?

JiggaWagga

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JiggaWagga
Re: Galactic Riffed

I voted for this just cause everyone got all pissy about the whole pen1s thing. =D

picasserole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages picasserole
MaryESP wrote:AWESOME!!!!

A couple of days back, 'Emptees' shirt of the day, was titled "Show me your Mary"( a very strange title, or so I thought at the time ). You might want to check it out, it's quite a striking design. Glad you like mine btw..;j

catz07b

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catz07b
mybell wrote:Ah, the Filthy Hippies are in the fog, as most filthy hippies are.

hahahahahahahahaha so true

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
bsbangel180 wrote:I love this shirt sooo much. I think you should submit it to threadless. They're a website where you vote for shirts, too, only its not just for one week. And I *need* this shirt!!

Amazing design. I love love love it.

Thanks! Don't know if Threadless is likely but I'll think about putting it up somewhere...