leonryan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages leonryan
acceptablerisk wrote:By corrected, do you mean with the cymbal moved to the front? I like it better in the back. He's a robot; it's not like he couldn't still hit it if he wanted to.

yeah i moved it in front of his hand where it was always intended. it was too big to be in the background and was always intended to be in front anyway. i just happened to drop it in the back by accident at the last minute. if enough people prefered it in back i'd be happy to leave it there, but that was never the plan.

Vinyaernil

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Vinyaernil

This derby had a lot of potential, but nothing really caught my eye. I am sad and sleepy.

There are no windows in my office. Top Secret Serious Business is top secret.

Solonari

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Solonari
IamIreland wrote:Why is this Rejected? What's wrong with referencing Woot? Geez...

Remember, Woot's "[REJECTED]" stamp is a unique concept, never before used anywhere else. They came up with the idea *before* such a rubber stamp ever existed, and may currently be in arbitration with other parties over royalties and trademark infringement.
Either that, or Woot just took one more step into the "raging 7 year old treehouse club" mentality.

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
leonryan wrote:yeah i moved it in front of his hand where it was always intended. it was too big to be in the background and was always intended to be in front anyway. i just happened to drop it in the back by accident at the last minute. if enough people prefered it in back i'd be happy to leave it there, but that was never the plan.

aww i actually liked it in the back B^) but hey congrats on the fog first time out thats great!!! hope you enter in more derbys kuz you did a great job with this one!!

seanminns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seanminns

as some one who live on the drag in austin, i have to say I an enamored by you shirt. if by some cruel trick of Beelzebub this does not show up on shirt woot please, please let me know where i can buy it

benjamino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benjamino
Re: now appearing in Seattle, Portland, NY, San Fran..

Will wear it in the street "hoping" to offend people. Damn you hippies, and your sound, and your smell. I am going to eat a steak.

neonix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neonix
AliCat713 wrote:Very sorry to see that this didn't re-fog. Top-notch illustration that was maybe *too* professional for this derby! If you decide to take this elsewhere, do let me know. I'll be happy to support it at cameesa or another site.

I agree, it probably was too professional. This is really an awesome design. Please let me know if you submit it to another site as well, I will vote wherever it goes and support it if you put it on cameesa.

neonix

cmdixon2 wrote:Thanks for all the votes and support everybody!
I'll definitely revisit this one once it's out of Woot's grasp.

Awesome, please let me know if/where you submit it on other sites!

neonix

Please submit this someplace else. Even without the fake band theme, it would look great with just VEGAN VULTURE on it. Let me know if you put it up elsewhere, I'll vote/support and buy it.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Solonari wrote:Remember, Woot's "[REJECTED]" stamp is a unique concept, never before used anywhere else. They came up with the idea *before* such a rubber stamp ever existed, and may currently be in arbitration with other parties over royalties and trademark infringement.
Either that, or Woot just took one more step into the "raging 7 year old treehouse club" mentality.

"No Woot References" is a long-standing derby rule. While a rejected stamp certainly existed before Woot, it would be difficult to use that concept in the derby without referencing Woot - all the more difficult if you mimic the style of Woot's own "rejected" image.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

mfitzmorris

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mfitzmorris

verrrry clever- the guitar model is a Warlock.

xGreatRomances0x

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xGreatRomances0x

I really, really, really, REALLY want this shirt. Everything about it is awesome and I'm sad that it's not in the top four.

redhuskerlover

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redhuskerlover

Absolutely love the art and color scheme. Like some other have said though, the band name isn't so good. And it doesn't go with the artwork. I'd buy this if I could change the band name or take if off entirely. Nothing against sex and drugs here, it just doesn't make sense.

camoor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages camoor
Re: Infinite Pi

Full disclosure: due to the blue I didn't vote for this and have no desire to buy it.

But in defense of this design, it's original, it's based on a solid concept, and it's clever (use of circles, infinitely repeating numbers, etc). I may not like the artist personally but who cares. I'd rather see some original and diverse designs then see another derby full of anthropomorphic off-topic kawaii done by a group of Pollyannas.

zoobum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zoobum
re: werewolves can't dance

where can I get one....I love this shirt!!!

stpaul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stpaul
Re: Bunny Holly

Beautiful! But aren't there more than six colors?

meganamyh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages meganamyh

As a total hippy myself, I think this is fantastic, and will wear mine with pride. Fantastic work!

sumorez

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sumorez

Comment below -- Google Chrome screwed up a bit it seems.

sumorez

Okay, this is getting just weird now.

sumorez

I'm still not even sure how it wasn't disqualified for having nothing really to do with music. It has nothing to do with music at all. "We don't stop playing until the numbers run out"...? You could be talking about -- pun time -- an infinite number of things. I would never associate this with music, and neither would anyone else if asked out of the blue what the shirt was about.

It's by far one of the worst shirts I've seen in the fog, in terms of aesthetics and graphics. I agree with previous posters that it looks overly pixelated and the gradients are just bad. And I've identified exactly what it looks like -- it looks like you took a shirt design and dropped it to 4-bit color. Load up any of the other shirts from this derby into Paint and save them as a 16-color bitmap, and you'll have essentially what this shirt looks like.

I find every remark made my the designer incredibly obnoxious, and I'm glad it didn't get my vote. I'm sure it'll end up printed just because most people don't read these forums, but I know I'll be surprised if it sells out.

zenith1047

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zenith1047
Re: instrumental death frenzy

if you decide to post this on some other t-shirt printing site, where i can buy it, please tell me where to get it. this is my #1 fav from this derby (i'm actually quite upset with the fog...)

Pretending to be human since 1913

psyci

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psyci

Congrats on the 1st place win! This is the first shirt I've bought from the derby in months. I love it!

choiceweb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages choiceweb
Re: Captain Salt

I totally missed this shirt. Hope it gets printed elsewhere. Actually hope quite a few of the others do.

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
zenith1047 wrote:if you decide to post this on some other t-shirt printing site, where i can buy it, please tell me where to get it. this is my #1 fav from this derby (i'm actually quite upset with the fog...)

no problem!

buphey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buphey
mjpyv2 wrote:Awesome shirt. I'm so sick of the cartoonish stuff winning. I never wear black and even I would buy one of these and wear it just because of the design.

To all the folks that expressed interest in Vlad and the Dudes please let me know if you are serious and I will see about having them printed.

kteafish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kteafish
Re: rock band

I didn't think of the game Rock Band at all until I saw everyone whining about it.. cool shirt

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird

Even though I think this shirt is a total piece of junk and the artist acted like a huge jerkface, I almost hope it prints so we can watch the hate pile on in the daily discussion thread. Of course, since it is a holiday weekend, the hate might be minimal as everbody will be too busy drinking and blowing their fingers off, in which case it's just going to be a supersucky print.

faughtey

quality posts: 21 Private Messages faughtey

Staff

yankeebird wrote:Even though I think this shirt is a total piece of junk and the artist acted like a huge jerkface, I almost hope it prints so we can watch the hate pile on in the daily discussion thread. Of course, since it is a holiday weekend, the hate might be minimal as everbody will be too busy drinking and blowing their fingers off, in which case it's just going to be a supersucky print.

Woot deleted all kinds of posts. Guess they don't want everyone to know what a jerk the artist is. Supersucky print it is! Pretty boring reading the thread now that they took all the meat out of it.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown

africadoug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages africadoug

I really love this shirt! I wish I had seen it soon enough to vote.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
wugsby wrote:This definitely deserves to do better than it has been

Thanks wugsby!

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
Re: The Sex Drugs

o man i hope you got 3rd place!!! this shirt needs to print! i dont know how that pi shirt even made it into the fog much less got 2nd B^(

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
faughtey wrote:Woot deleted all kinds of posts. Guess they don't want everyone to know what a jerk the artist is. Supersucky print it is! Pretty boring reading the thread now that they took all the meat out of it.

Yeah, they deleted two of mine. In one of them, all I really did was call the guy a jerkface. I guess they can say it but I can't.

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

Dear Artist,

You got ripped off, this shirt is much more wearable than the one that says "sex and drugs" on it.

Not everyone can wear a shirt that says those words to where they work; and or around town ect.

It's a shame that you got 4th place.

Please keep up the great shirt designs.

chinchillazilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chinchillazilla

895 votes to 887... Holy freakin' apcray, dude. I had my eye on this since the beginning, and when the Pi shirt took 2nd place and it was between this and Cowbell, I honestly thought it was over by then.

Congratulations, sir. A close victory, but a victory nonetheless. Got mine ordered. =)

wdelgenio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wdelgenio
Re: BEHOLD OR BE DAMNED

banjo, accordion, and triangle. nice.

gfasting

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gfasting

ensmind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ensmind
goldenthorn wrote:Oh, darling, you're trying so hard. Here, this is for your efforts:

Oi! Mosh good!! I just saw this... sorry for the way blated post back... Gthorn... too funny... My g friend hates 2 love you... - WACK! Lol!

But again... tanks4 the backup... before

E

gfasting

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gfasting
Re: Scientology Tabernacle Choir

I live real close to Clearwater ans would rock this shirt downtown.... just to see the look on everyone's faces!!!! XD

Rock on S.T.C.!!! ROFLMAO!!!! XD

bmsolares

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmsolares
Re: Monsters Of Cowbell World Tour

I want one of these shirts!

Grandjean1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Grandjean1

where can I get this shirt??