0%
1%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange

No. No no no no no no no. I will not buy a shirt with a giraffe with a stump on its head.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

Cycospaz2

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Cycospaz2

Why is he choking the giraffe?

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
xxchange wrote:No. No no no no no no no. I will not buy a shirt with a giraffe with a stump on its head.

All giraffes have a "stump" on their heads. It is giraffe anatomy.

One of the best tees in a while, MJ. I love the humor on this one.

CrazyLarkin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CrazyLarkin

Well, I couldn't resist. I mean, my name is Abe too.

My name is Abraham, and I approve of this shirt.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon

I can't put my finger on it, but that rabbit doesn't look quite right. Hmmmmm.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

Congrats on the print, MJ! :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

reipsadeus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages reipsadeus

So is the giraffe an attempt at mock symbolism for Africa?

Doe not call up Any that you cannot put downe; by the which I mean, Any that can in turn call up somewhat against you, whereby your powerfullest Devices may not be of use. Ask of the Lesser, lest the Greater shall not wish to Answer, and shall commande more than you.

- H.P. Lovecraft

caspianta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages caspianta

am i taking this the wrong way, or is this the most offensive thing ever? likening the man who is remembered for ending slavery (emancipating) to a magician who's...i dunno...getting PETA upset by forcing an abused giraffe be a part of a trick. i'm kind of ashamed of woot for producing this shirt...for me it goes a little too far.

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24

Just me, or does this look like Abe the Magical Vampyre?

AdderXYU

reipsadeus wrote:So is the giraffe an attempt at mock symbolism for Africa?

I am guessing it is an attempt at mock symbolism of abe lincoln being freaking tall.

xxchange

AdderXYU wrote:All giraffes have a "stump" on their heads. It is giraffe anatomy.

One of the best tees in a while, MJ. I love the humor on this one.

But they're brown, like antlers. This is just... a lump. He should get it checked.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

rjv011

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rjv011

Is it just me??? How come I've been buying Woot shirts for a month or so at $5 and suddenly they are $10? I haven't seen any comments on the doubling of the price. Anyone know?!!

xxchange

rjv011 wrote:Is it just me??? How come I've been buying Woot shirts for a month or so at $5 and suddenly they are $10? I haven't seen any comments on the doubling of the price. Anyone know?!!

That's you. If you have a cheat or something to get these shirts cheaper, YOU MUST TELL ME.

cleaner00

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cleaner00

i dont get it.
is the giraffe symbolic of something African?

Unique Woot items purchaced: 69
Bundles of Clones#39;s attempted: 42 (including the Dow Jones bag)
Bundles of Clones#39;s acquired: 3 (25Sep09/26Mar10/26May10)

xxchange

AdderXYU wrote:I am guessing it is an attempt at mock symbolism of abe lincoln being freaking tall.

Interesting! Would have never thought of that. Though, in reality, he really wasn't very tall. Only about six foot two.

AdderXYU

xxchange wrote:But they're brown, like antlers. This is just... a lump. He should get it checked.

Dacoops3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dacoops3
rjv011 wrote:Is it just me??? How come I've been buying Woot shirts for a month or so at $5 and suddenly they are $10? I haven't seen any comments on the doubling of the price. Anyone know?!!

They are always $10. Maybe you were/are high.

BoredStiff

quality posts: 13 Private Messages BoredStiff

Is this Abe's famous Gettysburg Headdress?

sydiswatching1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sydiswatching1

he wore a long big hat, perhaps big enough to fit a giraffe (though giraffes aren't real)

eHalcyon

You might want to check your credit card statement... maybe you've been confusing the price for next-day (or international) shipping with the actual price of the shirt. It's always been $10.

xxchange

AdderXYU wrote:

But that doesn't look like a tree stump.

xxchange

xxchange wrote:No. No no no no no no no. I will not buy a shirt with a giraffe with a stump on its head.

Oh! Maybe he got hit on the head!

Problem solved.

Wait... is that how Abe got him in there in the first place?

eHalcyon

AdderXYU wrote:

I hadn't even noticed the lump in front of the rabbit ears... I agree that it looks kinda off in the illustration. Why are they clumped together and so far forward?

xxchange

eHalcyon wrote:I hadn't even noticed the lump in front of the rabbit ears... I agree that it looks kinda off in the illustration. Why are they clumped together and so far forward?

To freak us out so we won't buy the shirt.

unrulyking

quality posts: 1 Private Messages unrulyking

Im sure this shirt is meant to be little else but silly. And yet, if you wear it, wouldn't you expect at least a dozen or so people that day to think you're an unabashed racist?

What's the point of the giraffe having rabbit ears? Isn't that a little weird, like a giant church moving in to an old car dealership lot (Woot employees, I think you know what I mean)? Honestly, I just don't understand if it's meaningful or pointless.

loyaleagle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages loyaleagle

I gotta say I think this is one of the worst shirts I've seen on Woot....then again Threadless has weird stuff all the time, so maybe it's just a different kind of taste.

Also, I'm not sure this is really meant to be a political cartoon or something...more like a wacky art project with mixed symbols.

My 2 cents

@loyaleagle on Twitter

My blog: Science Is Magic
On Twitter: Loyaleagle

Woots Purchased: Rainy Souls, Altec Lansing Expressionist Plus 2.1 Speaker System, 1985 BC, Random Shirt (The Quick Brown Fox), Chance of Scattered Showers, Random Shirt (I Wish...), It Came Out of Nowhere

xxchange

That beard there makes him look a bit like Sean Connery. SNL Jeopardy, anybody?

BoredStiff

quality posts: 13 Private Messages BoredStiff
xxchange wrote:That beard there makes him look a bit like Sean Connery. SNL Jeopardy, anybody?

I was thinking Billy Mays. So sad...

xxchange

Since when were wands white at BOTH ends of the stick?

bradyson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson

I know that this is a daily and has nothing to do with the current derby, but I would have thought that there would be a band named "The Great Emancipator."

captivity

quality posts: 6 Private Messages captivity

This is absurd, or inaccurate. Either way, I'll pass. Amusing as graffiti, fistfight-inspiring as an article of clothing. Actually, I think my husband would punch me out if I wore it. Or I'd punch him. Either way, we agree that Abe was mediocre and history books glaze over any real reasoning behind his actions.

I just mentioned this shirt to my husband, and with his extensive background in history, he said to me, and I quote: "He had a really high voice."

So also, Abe sounded like Michael Jackson.

xxchange

BoredStiff wrote:I was thinking Billy Mays. So sad...

Oh yes. Him too. Can you believe all these people dying? There must be a curse or something on celebrities fifty or over.

That's four deaths, actually, though. Reminds me a bit of my freshman year of high school.

imsochady

quality posts: 28 Private Messages imsochady
cleaner00 wrote:i dont get it.
is the giraffe symbolic of something African?

Actually, it's a little known fact that Lincoln went to Africa to also emancipate the giraffes from their oppressive lion king Simba.

LarryLars

quality posts: 65 Private Messages LarryLars
eHalcyon wrote:I hadn't even noticed the lump in front of the rabbit ears... I agree that it looks kinda off in the illustration. Why are they clumped together and so far forward?

"what hump?"

As Adder mentioned, the stump (lump, hump) is for real and should not be confused with the antlers.

!

Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

i thought lincoln's only magic trick was veing able to move stuff w/ his picture on. or is that just lincoln's ghost?

eHalcyon

LarryLars wrote:"what hump?"

As Adder mentioned, the stump (lump, hump) is for real and should not be confused with the antlers.

Ok, sure... I guess I was thrown off because the illustration makes it look stumpy, whereas all the photos I'm looking at depict it as humpy, i.e. more rounded on top.

flibbityjibbet

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flibbityjibbet

I don't think this is as much about Abe being tall, as it is about his hat being tall. He was famous for that hat. Although I think he could have pulled off the fedora. But then he'd only be able to pull this trick on gremlins.

kashmirton

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kashmirton
xxchange wrote:Since when were wands white at BOTH ends of the stick?

since always? I think the magician usually has one end fully in his hand so you don't see it

Vegan

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Vegan
loyaleagle wrote:I gotta say I think this is one of the worst shirts I've seen on Woot....then again Threadless has weird stuff all the time, so maybe it's just a different kind of taste.

It's a hipster thing, don't try to understand the randomness.