1%
0%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

djcutnpaste

quality posts: 1 Private Messages djcutnpaste

Totally awesome dude! If my check clears before tomorrow evening, then I'm in for one.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

If the Brits had made the movie, he would have looked far dapper in blue. Also, I think it would have gone over far better with British sayings.

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange

That is obviously not a robot. LIES!

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

dpbowl842

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dpbowl842

"Dead or alive, you're coming with me! For tea and crumpets."

Loved that movie.

JadenKale

dpbowl842 wrote:"Dead or alive, you're coming with me! For tea and crumpets."

Loved that movie.

I would have laughed if he had to stop protecting the citizens for a spot of tea and an oil change.

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange
dpbowl842 wrote:"Dead or alive, you're coming with me! For tea and crumpets."

Loved that movie.

What movie? I'm out of the loop again!

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

isparabola

quality posts: 8 Private Messages isparabola

This is pretty funny.

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku

This is the most intimidating shirt I've seen in a long time.

dpbowl842

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dpbowl842
xxchange wrote:What movie? I'm out of the loop again!

Part man. Part machine. All copper. The future of law enforcement with a pack of crips on the side.

Robocopper (1987)

jenml27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenml27

"Here’s one for ya’ll across the pond!"

"You all" is contracted y'all, not ya'll.

The apostrophe means that letters were taken out; "ya'll" would have to mean "ya will" which doesn't make any sense.

The letters taken out are the O and the U, hence the apostrophe where they would have been: "y'all."

Pardon my pedantry, y'all. Have a lovely day!

BoredStiff

quality posts: 13 Private Messages BoredStiff

So is this Robobby Cop?

chagmus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chagmus

Once again, a Woot shirt suffers from poor color coordination. It seems I've seen dozens of otherwise desirable designs rendered impotent by the choice of shirt color when it matches perfectly the dominant hue in the design. Anyone remember the Oroboros, snake swallowing its tail, with the green-on-green effectively obscuring half the image?

Shirt.Woot....ya wanna sell me more shirts? Just be a bit more alert to the overall color schemes, and I'd be hooked much more often.

prateeko

quality posts: 70 Private Messages prateeko

I know the term copper is used instead of cops in England, but what do they call the game of 'cops and robbers'? Coppers and Robbers just sounds weird so I figured they must call it something else...

lockntross

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lockntross

My nipples got hard when I saw you guys actually linked to an INFOWARS.com article!!

Brap Allgood - To Serve and to Protect (feat. Alex Jones )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyc1pXhIY7I

nantes89

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nantes89

I don't mean to be needy and yearning, but I really, really, really, really, really want that hat. I need to wear that hat with that shirt. I need to.

JadenKale

KidKobun wrote:Will he work with my Mac?

Yes. He'll work with a mac, but certain words will be spelled differently, such as 'colour' and 'favour'. Also, if you use a text-to-speech program, words like 'aluminum' will be said with an extra syllable.

xtinaftw

quality posts: 21 Private Messages xtinaftw

Too much copper, not enough robo.

JadenKale

nantes89 wrote:I don't mean to be needy and yearning, but I really, really, really, really, really want that hat. I need to wear that hat with that shirt. I need to.

One British Bobby Hat, coming right up!

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311

Hillary approves of this shirt...

By agrant311, shot with KODAK DX6340 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2009-07-15

zozzles

quality posts: 6 Private Messages zozzles

Nice, simple, clean design.

As long as you don't associate it with those movies that just happened to have an "actor" with no appreciably visible emotions under ANY circumstances - it ain't bed

Incidentally - there is one exception where he plays a deranged killer who has allegedly brutally chopped up his wife and children [note: think Little Teensy Tiny Bits and Pieces] and the husband (who isn't very nice anyhow) of the so-called female protagonist.

Fairly psychological flick, the question is whether he has ANY grasp on reality at all, but I'll let you find out the resolution yourself.

Cant afford one of these, though. It is too bad that my utility bill last month was ASTRONOMICAL (girlfriend kicked me out, everything in my house smelled a tad musty (not bad, just stale), so washed Everything and the dishes and... Lord knows how much electricity my computer and oxygen concentrator use up! Yeah, those were the real b*stards, not the laundry stuff...

Perhaps I'll have to wear the same underwear a couple or so days a week and reduce my taking a shower to once a month or so. it isn't as if I'm in contact with other humans to speak of. And, of course, buy a lot of Ramen noodles.

Of course, it also shows why Anne Landers and Dear Abby were always right about warning women away from guys who sponge off of them (to use a pun).

Ah, for the former days of disposable income! 'Tis sad, 'tis lamentable!

P.S. I love "Buckaroo Banzai". I have lost count of how many times I've watched it. But it is the emotions of the other characters that make the movie. Buckaroo might as well be... A ROBOT!

KiraNoFutago

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KiraNoFutago

Does it say bad things about me that my first thought was "Domo arigatou, Mr. Roboto"?

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon

Hmm... I don't really get it. It's obviously a take on Robocop... but I don't get the joke. Can someone explain?

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

rslong

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rslong

I wish you'd get rid of the ad for $6 t-shirts. That loser with the red beard freaks me out and then I can't sleep and spend myself silly on home protection equipment. Has he never heard that sex sells? Must not, he's the exact opposite. he makes the hair on my neck stand on end. I hesitate to click just in case he's going to be there. JMO Ughh

BoredStiff

quality posts: 13 Private Messages BoredStiff

Soccer hooligans beware!

(and yes, I am aware they call it football across the pond)

southcutt

quality posts: 14 Private Messages southcutt
jenml27 wrote:"Here’s one for ya’ll across the pond!"

"You all" is contracted y'all, not ya'll.

The apostrophe means that letters were taken out; "ya'll" would have to mean "ya will" which doesn't make any sense.

The letters taken out are the O and the U, hence the apostrophe where they would have been: "y'all."

Pardon my pedantry, y'all. Have a lovely day!

I love you.

Unless you're a dude, in which case, "I like your style, Dude."

zozzles

chagmus wrote:Once again, a Woot shirt suffers from poor color coordination. It seems I've seen dozens of otherwise desirable designs rendered impotent by the choice of shirt color when it matches perfectly the dominant hue in the design. Anyone remember the Oroboros, snake swallowing its tail, with the green-on-green effectively obscuring half the image?

Shirt.Woot....ya wanna sell me more shirts? Just be a bit more alert to the overall color schemes, and I'd be hooked much more often.

I agree to an extent. It uses essentially all the same color (or an exceedingly small range except white, and, of course, black. As a result, there is close to no contrast.

Now, please be careful with the following suggestion - if there had the finest possible but absolutely visible when printed outline - or even better, a shadow seeing as how shirt.woot! seem to be able to do gradations these days, it would have been better. I'm absolutely NOT suggesting that white should EVEN be considered as this outlining color - I leave that up to those of you who are better at deciding such things. If it is one-dimensional, then it would REALLY define the outline of the graphical elements If it were a shadow, obviously it would only be on one side at n angle going upward one direction or the other so as to provide some depth.

Then you'd have both a possibility of increased color variation, contrast, and something that clarifies the image itself. Perhaps even a three-dimensional effect.

Just a couple of ideas for y'all to trample upon.

azdarkknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages azdarkknight
eHalcyon wrote:Hmm... I don't really get it. It's obviously a take on Robocop... but I don't get the joke. Can someone explain?

There isn't one, as if it was for the Brits it would be Robopigs. I think the only people who call them coppers are people over 90 and people on TV trying to look cool (oh and American designers it seems..)

Although I do like the fact that the visor is part of the helmet.. makes you wonder what happens when the helmet comes off...

eHalcyon

chagmus wrote:Once again, a Woot shirt suffers from poor color coordination. It seems I've seen dozens of otherwise desirable designs rendered impotent by the choice of shirt color when it matches perfectly the dominant hue in the design. Anyone remember the Oroboros, snake swallowing its tail, with the green-on-green effectively obscuring half the image?

There's a difference though - with the Oroboros design, it was supposed to be different greens. Unfortunately, the chosen colours were too close to the shirt colour, so it was difficult to see. In this design, blue ink ISN'T used - it's all shirt colour. And it will be visible because of the black outline.

The use of the shirt colour has a few advantages - first, Woot saves money on ink. Second, it's not a thick print and so will be breathable. Another quality (which you may or may not like) is that it is more subtle.

eHalcyon

azdarkknight wrote:There isn't one, as if it was for the Brits it would be Robopigs. I think the only people who call them coppers are people over 90 and people on TV trying to look cool (oh and American designers it seems..)

Although I do like the fact that the visor is part of the helmet.. makes you wonder what happens when the helmet comes off...

But... there has to be something, right? If it was just Robocop, then it would be copyright infringement, even with the "per" suffix. So there must be some sort of parody going on, though it's going above my head right now.

jabbasi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jabbasi

Daft Punk embrangles!

lol didn't see that coming ;)

Shirt.Woot Purchases -
30 Shirts for Myself (15 Random)
9 Shirts Given to Friends
Most Recent Purchase: Random x3

southcutt

quality posts: 14 Private Messages southcutt
eHalcyon wrote:But... there has to be something, right? If it was just Robocop, then it would be copyright infringement, even with the "per" suffix. So there must be some sort of parody going on, though it's going above my head right now.

It's a cross between Robocop's head/helmet and a UK-style Bobby helmet.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
eHalcyon wrote:Hmm... I don't really get it. It's obviously a take on Robocop... but I don't get the joke. Can someone explain?

You see my friend, woot thinks they can put something up that relates to a movie or pop culture and we'll buy it and be really really excited about it. And they've dropped the whole joke thing because they think we're that dumb.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

masterkraig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig
chagmus wrote:Once again, a Woot shirt suffers from poor color coordination. It seems I've seen dozens of otherwise desirable designs rendered impotent by the choice of shirt color when it matches perfectly the dominant hue in the design.

It's true and I agree.

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

cake eater

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cake eater

why is there a tit on his head? (apologies to neil and his friend warlock)

forum option changes may take a few minutes. just relax

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
kylemittskus wrote:You see my friend, woot thinks they can put something up that relates to a movie or pop culture and we'll buy it and be really really excited about it. And they've dropped the whole joke thing because they think we're that dumb.

No no, you're thinking of TeeFury

I give woot a lot of apcray, but THEY don't pick most of the least parodic apcray they print. They just don't have the robocajones to tell their voters that they don't know what they're voting for. When it comes to total lack of parody up for sale for a quick buck, NO ONE does it like Teefury.

tms10000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tms10000

You do realize this one is printed in black and white, right? The blue is the color of the tee. There's no blue on blue action. Should the fabric be red, that'd be a red helmet you would be looking at.

zozzles

OK, folks, enough of the "cop" stuff:

(Oxford English Dictionary)
cop, v.
north. dial. and slang.
[Perh. a broad pronunciation of CAP v.2 (OF. caper to seize); in nearly all North Eng. glossaries; and now of general diffusion in the slang of schoolboys, criminals, policemen, etc.]
a. trans. To capture, catch, lay hold of, 'nab'.

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with having a copper badge (an EXTREMELY common mistake). It has EVERYTHING to do with nabbing, grabbing, and generally laying hold of somebody who has done an unlawful thing: for example, a robber who has committed a robbery is a person that a cop would wish to catch.. In fact, there is that famous old game played by jillions of children called "Cops and Robbers" that use "copper" as being an extended noun form of "to cop".

Now that I've bored you to death, you can get back to your (*(#& flowers, grapes, and other flora on the decoration on the top of the cap and so forth.

zozzles

tms10000 wrote:You do realize this one is printed in black and white, right? The blue is the color of the tee. There's no blue on blue action. Should the fabric be red, that'd be a red helmet you would be looking at.

And thus would look even far MORE awful.

mcwoot42

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mcwoot42
JadenKale wrote: Also, if you use a text-to-speech program, words like 'aluminum' will be said with an extra syllable.

How do you pronounce aluminum with five syllables?