Jestik


quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

Jestik


quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: Nature's Ink



a little too monochromatic for my tastes, but still good work.

Jestik


quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: The Living Canvas




Superb as usual, Drakxxx. Very inspired, I love the coloring and different shadings of blue. I don't have any tattos, but appreciate this nonetheless.


thanks for being you.

Jestik


quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: Hanauma Bay



VIVID!!

I love how the colors pop off the shirt, Travis. Very nicely done!


Jestik


quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

rubadub


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rubadub
Re: Dare to be Different



hey this is awesome especially for your 3rd derby.

Jestik


quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: Live Caged and Complain



funny and very nicely done!

great colors to this one, bootstothesecondpower


Jestik


quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: Acherontia lachesis III




oh so prettay!

really like this, artulo.

iVote.com




Moosey0253


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Moosey0253
Re: Haka howl



I miss read howl as owl hehe >< Croooooooooow! for just waking up
-still pretty cool tho

jackviper21


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jackviper21
Re: One



I don't think i've been this blown away with any of the designs in a long time.

slauka


quality posts: 0 Private Messages slauka
Re: Under the Fluff



It's making me hungry for a GYRO sandwich, lol!

estaff


quality posts: 0 Private Messages estaff
Re: Best friends



Just my 2 cents, I would like it more without the text and the image smaller in the center.

tiar


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiar
Re: Haka howl



Haka is a traditional dance form of the Maori of New Zealand. Ta Moko, literally translated "to tap", is the name of the traditional Maori tattoo. The tattoos were performed with a chisel as to form permanent ridge lines along the skin. The Moko themselves have significant meaning to both the bearer and the culture as a whole. It makes for interesting reading, look it up!

Women typically have chin and lips inked while men would have full facial tattoos. There are examples of both sexes having body tattoos.

This stylized wolf was inspired by the full facial tattoos of the men and the war dance style Haka.

Detail

LightSpiral


quality posts: 4 Private Messages LightSpiral
Re: Haka howl



GMV!

tiar


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiar
Re: Acherontia lachesis III



Beautiful work as always Artulo! GMV

camoor


quality posts: 1 Private Messages camoor
Re: The Living Canvas



Great design but the flowers and butterflies kill it for me. Would have preferred abstract swirls...

monkeyswag


quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeyswag
vander84 wrote:Wow, I really like this design. First one I've voted for in a long time.



Thanks so very much. I appreciate your vote.

xtinaftw


quality posts: 21 Private Messages xtinaftw
AdderXYU wrote:This actually flows pretty well (and seems a good parody of the sort of person who floods their body with tats without having any reason or meaning behind them)

On the other hand, I can't vote for it because at the end of the day, it still looks like a cliche bad tattoo. Which I know is the joke, but the joke is one I'd never wear.



Well, I'm glad that you like parts of it, and I can definitely understand not wanting to wear it and risk appearing to support such designs, since the parody isn't visible from a distance.

I think it would be totally funny though to be wearing it and have people say things like, "Oh man, that thing is sweet, it totally looks like the 6 tattoos I..."

Then you can cut them off, "I and my shirt are making fun of you, jerkface."

xtinaftw


quality posts: 21 Private Messages xtinaftw
LonChaney wrote:It needs to have a star on it. Everyone these days seems to have some terrible star tattoo somewhere...



Oh, man, you're right.... Ok, just cross your eyes and gaze into the areas with lots of feathers. I'm sure you can see a star in there somewhere. :D

Andy47240


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Acherontia lachesis III


Always a fan of this style from you Artulo!



modernlucy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages modernlucy

That's hilarious! I hope this shirt wins so I can buy it and send it to that silly little girl!


Re: Because sometimes it looks really good on the face



capedcrusader514


quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514
Re: Fly Away



Noiceeeeeeee

capedcrusader514


quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514

tiar


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiar
Re: Child Cruelty



Hilarious! That was a good first laugh this morning

capedcrusader514


quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514
Re: Acherontia lachesis III



seems to high on the shirt.

ressamac


quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
Re: Acherontia lachesis III



Beautiful line work!

mmlturtle


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmlturtle
Josephus wrote:Has Keith Urban embraced the Maori?



LMAO! GMV!

JF73


quality posts: 0 Private Messages JF73
kaseyfleming wrote:hey, thanks everybody for getting this off to a good start, just hope it dosn't get rejected for some crazy unknown reason.



Um... Because you have a half-naked girl on it? I'm not buying it...

capedcrusader514


quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514
ajmartinez51 wrote:Celebrity? What movie was he in?

I'll take a shirt with the Shamwow guy on it next.



are you kidding? you don't really think celebrity implies they were in a movie do you?

mmlturtle


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmlturtle
roningaijin wrote:I'd like it more without the bones. The bones make it too grim.



I disagree, but it gmv either way!

SpastasticNomadic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpastasticNomadic
Re: Bone Dragon



Oooh, you're the bestest. Who needs those silly colours? Not this dragon, that's who! Thanks for taking the time to post this one up. I like it.

Proudfootzor


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Proudfootzor

I don't like the bracelet at all. The original one was much better.

octopai


quality posts: 0 Private Messages octopai
estaff wrote:Just my 2 cents, I would like it more without the text and the image smaller in the center.



worth a resub then because i was thinking the same thing :D

thank you guys for the support!!!



SpastasticNomadic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpastasticNomadic
Re: Acherontia lachesis III



My favourite this derby. Yep. I was hoping to see something from you this week. I knew you'd rock it. And you did. Really fab work. GMV.

perryn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages perryn

I'd definitely wear this shirt, even to Grandma's house. I think she'd wear one too. It is awesome and if it gets printed count me in for 2.

perryn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages perryn

Thanks peeps.

L3g3ndQ


quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
Re: Because sometimes it looks really good on the face



heh here is a better link to the story and a second link for the followup

http://www.geekologie.com/2009/06/star_face_girl_asks_for_3_star.php

http://www.geekologie.com/2009/06/update_56_star_faced_girl_a_di.php

B^) i love the writer of this site, he is freakin funny as hell!

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: The elusive TaMoko Kiwi



The thousands of ever-changing Phoenix tattoos were also inspired by Ta Moko.

cryss


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cryss

the problem with this tat idea is that to make the correct size tat on a child that will look correct as an adult is would have to HUGE because the tat does not expand/grow like the child does into a person.

psyci


quality posts: 0 Private Messages psyci

Yeah, this is wonderful. The expressions really make the shirt. Got my vote! Good luck in the running!