striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
Re: Tattooed Lemming

Larry Lemming has... changed. Once upon a time he was such a goody goody trying to change the world with his protests. He has fallen in with a bad crowd, and is following the pack. Looks like Larry won't be making it through another running season.

This is basically a resub of a design I did for the Individualism derby. My first entry was doing so poorly, I had to take a second shot this week.

+/- 35 votes

KristinaSunshine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KristinaSunshine
Re: Inked

Our Movie Genre!! I love love love this

earthart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages earthart
rogueravnos wrote:Agreed. I love the squid, don't care for the shirt color at all.

Thank you your great feedback. If I make a version two of this, I am going to reconsider the shirt color. I had a tough time with it and since the point has been made a few times, I will definitely revisit it. Thanks again for your input. It is much appreciated.

AddyM

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AddyM
JadenKale wrote:lucky for you, it's not.

Still don't like the concept. There's barely anything to allude to it being a tattoo.

anything can be a tattoo...

galdino56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages galdino56
Re: Dare to be Different

i like the thumbnail better than the whole design. not to say this isnt good, but i dont see the need for more than 2 zebras.

-ol' galdo

kateweb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kateweb
krisrobinson wrote:hah! Can i get one with just that whale!? He's friggn awesome.

I feel the same way lose the pirate, that wale is frakeing cute

earthart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages earthart
Re: Acherontia lachesis IIIx

This is beautiful and has my vote as well. The line work and halftones are amazing, but there is one area that in the halftones that seems odd to me in the upper part of the abdomen between the wings.

The halftones seem to be almost uniformly symmetrical with the exception of this area. There is a horizontal "line" of lighter orange (running across where the wings meet the abdomen) most apparent on the left side as it is between two darker areas. As the line runs right, it staggers down in the middle then continues across. Was this intentional? Considering the detail this has, I am guessing it was, but it just throws me a bit.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
AddyM wrote:anything can be a tattoo...

The Freaking Rules of This Week's Derby wrote:Your design must have some clear connection to tattooing, tattoo culture, or recognizable tattoo styles. This doesn't mean your design has to be a rose or an anchor. If you're an expert in tat arcana and you want to parody a 16th century Malay thieves' tattoo, explain yourself and provide links to backup documentation and you're set. We'll also accept designs involving the idea of tattooing - your zombie tattoo parlor cartoon is fair game. But you can't just submit any old design and claim "This could totally be a tattoo."

ldthibbs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ldthibbs

well it looks like at least 7 people do.

Norock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Norock
Re: Robot Tattoo

cool idea but the way it just crops off on the right and at the bottom is unfortunate and makes me not want it :X

NathanWind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NathanWind

I think the only thing that could possibly make this shirt any cooler would be if she were sporting derby style roller skates with those striped socks. Hell, it already looks like it could be a ladies roller derby logo.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Acherontia lachesis IIIx

Thanks for all the nice comments and votes everyone.

@earthart - now that you mention it, that area's bothering me a bit - figured I had spent enough time on this design and it was good enough. Probably not worth it to pull and resub this late in the game, doesn't look like a print anyhow.

It looks fine on the hi res art, just this size with the halftones seems odd.

lostinthe619

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lostinthe619
slauka wrote:It's making me hungry for a GYRO sandwich, lol!

Mmmmmmmmmmmm... Now I know what I'll go get for dinner.

kbgmaslow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kbgmaslow

This is by far the most time that I've spent on a design for shirt.woot. I only hope it pays off. Here is a high quality image of my design .. enjoy!

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/2628/highquality.jpg

(0_O)

Re: The Ancient Art

VicisSubsisto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages VicisSubsisto
JadenKale wrote:There's barely anything to allude to it being a tattoo.

It's a direct parody of a common aspect of tattoo culture: People scratching words they do not understand into their skin. It's not blatantly obvious unless you speak Chinese, but if it was, the joke wouldn't work.

redsquidkid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redsquidkid
Re: Yeah, thats what it really says.

If the tatto is on the back - he can't read it. And since the head is only turned 90 degrees - it seems safe to assume that is as far the head turns, or he/she/it would completely turn his/her/its head to address the bot doing the tattoo.

At least that's the way I'm reading it (heh-heh).

~redsquid

Briany

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Briany
Re: Heart Your Sister

Nice. Sweet and simple. Although it might look better if you enlarged it and centered it on the shirt.

Briany

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Briany
Re: I'll never forget all the worms you hunted for me

Cute. I love how pleased the tattooed bird is with himself.

SydsKid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydsKid
jasneko wrote:Cool! It doesn't seem to be picking up many votes, but that's nice to know: )

I feel confident that one of these days the voters will realize what totally printable shirts you design. .. .... here's to hoping.

kinzoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages kinzoku
Re: The Ancient Art

Awesome idea.

sugareeali

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sugareeali
jewelwing wrote:I don't know why no one offers v-necks. Anyone know? Aside from the suffocation (VERY annoying) people just don't look that great being cut off right at the bottom of their neck. V's are way more attractive. I guess we could start a petition. We have 2 signatures anyways and it can only go up from there.

Of course you can add me on facebook. Be my friend or fan, I have both.

Everyone else, thanks for the great comments. The more this goes on the more I'm wishing this would do better too. It would look so good for the summer! Guess I'll have to just make one for myself. Wouldn't be the first time.

Two votes from me--
one for the v-necks and the other for this design. Looks great!

DreadPR

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DreadPR
galdino56 wrote:i like the thumbnail better than the whole design. not to say this isnt good, but i dont see the need for more than 2 zebras.

Well i sort of agree. I still love the shirt but would have preferred the front half, tattooed zebra, back half combo. Love the design on the zebra and would have liked it to be a little bigger on the shirt.

DrkRonin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages DrkRonin
Re: Safe Journeys (White)

i really hope this shirt wins, its beautiful, if it doesnt win will you get it printed any where else?

Muntoe

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Muntoe
Re: Weapon of mass disruption

That is an AMAZING use of color! Wonderful execution on this piece.

abelleauc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abelleauc
omnitarian wrote:Wow! The new colors really send this into the stratosphere (of awesomeness)

What Omni said!!

Also, speaking of the hi-res view, any chance you'd post one for us?

Thanks much!

Muntoe

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Muntoe
Re: Nature's Ink

Ehhh... not tattooish enough for me :c

nescobosa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nescobosa

Love Star Wars and this is a great concept but it's pretty unwearable. Who wants to walk around with a giant, disembodied gold arm across their chest?

binkdrop

quality posts: 8 Private Messages binkdrop
nescobosa wrote:Love Star Wars and this is a great concept but it's pretty unwearable. Who wants to walk around with a giant, disembodied gold arm across their chest?

I'd say that a large portion of star wars fans would. :d

MadamAtom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MadamAtom
Stellardig wrote:The constellation Ophiuchus has been known about since ancient times, but you wouldn’t know it.

Actually I did (and Serpens Cauda and Caput, too), but only because I was a dedicated stargazer for a while as a kid. I didn't know the zodiacal aspect, though. Neat!

capedcrusader514 wrote:apparently i know nothing about tattoos but this doesnt seem related,

Doesn't seem related? The guy's got snake tattoos all over him.

wootchawant

quality posts: 68 Private Messages wootchawant
flibbityjibbet wrote:Love the colors, but what's the meaning behind the number? The answer to this question decides my vote. :P

i think the "77" is in reference to the bible verses on forgiveness--if you look closely, you can see the sublimated "forgive" scrolling across the left side...

so wootchawootchawootchawant?! you're so funny with the money that you flaunt...

JadenKale

quality posts: 186 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: not so awesome

Woah, TeeJay... how many copyrighted characters do you have in there?

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
binkdrop wrote:I'd say that a large portion of star wars fans would. :d

that doesn't make it good design, though.

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514
JadenKale wrote:Woah, TeeJay... how many copyrighted characters do you have in there?

yea, idk if thats ok.

teejaytiger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teejaytiger
JadenKale wrote:Woah, TeeJay... how many copyrighted characters do you have in there?

i'm not really pushing too hard for printing (i already know it's probably not good enough to win)

i'm mostly just looking for concept approval.

i just thought it'd be hilarious if he had my little pony etched across his stomach.

if it does win, i'll change the characters enough to not be the originals, but still have some semblance of recognition.

but thanks for the vote! whoever that was

Altheahelaine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Altheahelaine

I've seen similar ideas on shirts at walmart and target and Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966).

I live, I learn, and so aid my end while I believe I'm winning

MaryESP

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MaryESP
Re: Sun Faerie

I like this, but I believe it is too many colors....Hurry and resubmit!

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian
marmls2m wrote:this is supposed to be a tattoo? because it looks like a stock vector collage/generic wal mart shirt. how does this relate to tattoos?

I concur

MaryESP

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MaryESP
Re: Child Cruelty

This is hilarious and, while I don't usually like pop-culture references on my T-shirts, I have to commend you on your style. Very nice.

kbgmaslow

Finally got mine up .. take a look and tell me what you think.

Thanks!

kbgmaslow

oops .. here it is.

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=33829

kbgmaslow wrote:Finally got mine up .. take a look and tell me what you think.

Thanks!