JuicyJ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JuicyJ
Re: henna hands

M.C. Escher just rolled over in his grave.

alaterdaytd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alaterdaytd
fivedoorsvt wrote:Thanks! This is my first derby entry ever.

Voted.

:unamused:

bmscurlock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmscurlock
Re: Firebird away

I like this! I would actually get this tattoo!

Fishguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fishguy
ithoughti wrote:kickass

yah dude!

bmscurlock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmscurlock
Re: W.W.I.D. (resub)

I hope this makes it to the fog. I know several people who would vote for this shirt!

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
jasneko wrote:Hey Striker... this is really cute! One thing though, I think I would like it better without the 'born to jump' tattoo (looks a little unmatching with the rest of the design).

I actually agree. I put it on there on a whim, and now it doesn't really look as good... not unlike most people I know who get real tattoos on a whim.. lol.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: The Living Canvas

I think the illustration and concept are fantastic, and overall this is a great design. My only concern is with the colours - I mentioned it before the derby began and looking at it now I'm even more worried. I just noticed that there are two separate shades of blue. I'm almost certain that at least one will be invisible on the shirt and the other will be difficult to see unless Woot steps in and brightens them up a bit when printing. I don't think I've heard of problems on blue yet, but the royal blue shirt I have is pretty dark.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26
thurdl01 wrote:Agreed. LOVE the concept, but would want a lot more of the writing to consider getting it.

Agreed. It should say a lot more.

DaraJ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DaraJ

Awesome shirt. Simple and totally insulting. You could have also used "Your Mamma"

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
AdderXYU wrote:And I'm simply saying that "appealing to a fanbase" is a horrible reason for something to exist. It should have some sort of merit outside that fanbase.

I agree that this isn't a great design. Compositionally it is strange. Like I said earlier, I was lacking for ideas and kept coming back to the play on words. I was more concerned with getting it done in time for the Friday launch then spending a ton of time concepting more. I didn't originally design this to capture the Star Wars votes, it was all about word-play. Admittedly weak wordplay at that. I could have very easily not submitted anything, but you never know what might appeal to people. My microphone was a spur-of-the-moment quick design that I submitted late and never thought would have a chance.

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26
Re: friends

I am not sure I would wear this, but the illustration is fantastic. I love this style of drawing. Good Luck.

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
icymallard wrote:i finally understand why the red microphone got printed...

it was a wearable design that worked on a shirt color that isn't as common as all hell..

give me some rare colors Mister Dubbs.

Perhaps. However, people on this site are very strange about colors. If you don't do something on black, brown, navy, etc., you get 100 posts telling you that they would never wear that color shirt. I bet half of the posts about my Trees entry (on light blue) were to complain about light blue. Sometimes its a tremendous risk trying to use a less common shirt color, and with $1000 on the line, unless the color makes the shirt a lot stronger, you have to think twice about color choice.

eHalcyon

heimo11656 wrote:Probably won't be rejected now because of its location in the fog of war. Wouldn't have made it this far.

Actually, rejectable designs make it to the fog of war all the time. Plenty of designs have been rejected from the fog before, though it usually takes longer because there's some bureacracy involved before a design can be rejected from the fog.

I'll be interested to see if this one survives. I don't think I've seen any solid rejections that would give precedence to rejecting this design, so I wouldn't call it rejection bait.

kasey - congratulations on the fog, and good luck!

darkbladearts

quality posts: 2 Private Messages darkbladearts
Re: Merlin's Prophecy

Folks, go vote for the resubmission on white! http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=33717

darkbladearts

Re: galaxy's best tattoos

Ha! Clever

darkbladearts

Re: Merlin's Prophecy (WHITE)

I don't do white shirts very often, but this is awesome--the design really works with this. I like it MUCH better than on the heather.

eHalcyon

f7eleven wrote:http://www.tshirthell.com/funny-shirts/if-i-were-a-dirty-skank-i-would-have-a-tattoo-just-like-this-one-tramp-stamp/

Different concept.

byrbwr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr

can you tap him for black mana?

earthart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages earthart
icymallard wrote:i like all the colors, the design, the look,

but for some reason i kinda wish the octo was sized down relative to the shirt...

Thank you for the feedback. I will definitely take that into consideration in my next version. It's funny, at first I did have it smaller but I felt the detail was getting a bit lost. I will take another look though to see if I can get the smaller original design to work. Thanks again.

jenovanomusuko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenovanomusuko
Re: Acherontia lachesis III

Sorry, but I'm still at a bit of a loss as to why this has to do with tattoos. It looks to me like a design - an awesome one, I'll say - but it just doesn't seem to have much to do with the derby.

jenovanomusuko

Re: henna hands

Great idea, but I'm personally not fond of its execution.

jenovanomusuko

Re: Wingman's Burden

"No one has anything to say about this design."

SpastasticNomadic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpastasticNomadic
eHalcyon wrote:I think the illustration and concept are fantastic, and overall this is a great design. My only concern is with the colours - I mentioned it before the derby began and looking at it now I'm even more worried. I just noticed that there are two separate shades of blue. I'm almost certain that at least one will be invisible on the shirt and the other will be difficult to see unless Woot steps in and brightens them up a bit when printing. I don't think I've heard of problems on blue yet, but the royal blue shirt I have is pretty dark.

I see your point. I happen to be wearing Cho's Treacherous Waters today (one of my few good random purchases) and the colour palette looks similar to me with the lighter and dark blues, and enough white to make it pop in places. I like the muted, subtle feel to the design; however, and it's one of my most complimented shirts. I think the addition of black to Drakxxx's might help it stand out even more, as well. I can see, though, where it might be too muted for some.

And for my random thought of the moment - I'm craving pistachio pudding.

jenovanomusuko

Re: TattooTs - Jgreen Giant

Beautiful design! However, I'm not voting for it.

I've seen a lot of things that are designs that are meant to be tattoos, but really, you can get anything tattooed on you. The fact that this is a tattoo should be incorporated into your design somehow, not just by calling it a "tattoo t."

jenovanomusuko

Re: Thug Life On All Fours

Brilliant and hilarious. :D

jenovanomusuko

Re: TattooTs - Wing Bat

This is just like your other one.

jenovanomusuko

Re: INFINITY LOVE

a) the above comment, plus
b) "But you can't just submit any old design and claim 'This could totally be a tattoo.'"

jenovanomusuko

Re: fists of ambivalence

"No one has anything to say about this design."

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 16 Private Messages benjaminleebates

This is just like that awesome scifi channel cammercial a few years back!
Here it is...
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/66274/tattoo_man/
Very cool

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
jenovanomusuko wrote:Sorry, but I'm still at a bit of a loss as to why this has to do with tattoos. It looks to me like a design - an awesome one, I'll say - but it just doesn't seem to have much to do with the derby.

It's a tribal style design (or at least my attempt at it) but thanks for your opinion! I'm thinking of getting it inked on myself :D

Micropolis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Micropolis

Love it!

JRuegg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JRuegg

Vote for this so I can buy it!

jenovanomusuko

Excellent design. However, I don't find it as wearable as some of the others on here.

On a separate note, did you ever think of having her eyes open?

jenovanomusuko

Re: Ancient Arts

Ditch the outline and resubmit and you'll probably get more votes.

Briany

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Briany
Re: Good Vs. Evil

I don't know, I really don't get a sense of battle from this design. It's more like this winged chick ran into a dragon on the way to the gym and she's like, "Hey Jeff. What ya doing?"

And he's like, "I'm flying and sh**."

And she's like, "Cool . . . cool."

PixelPotato

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PixelPotato
Re: The Ancient Art

Neat!

FishMann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FishMann
nyren wrote:This is the only submission in this derby that I would actually purchase. So sad it doesn't look like it's heading for the fog

Come on people. Use your myspaces, your facebooks, post to any forums you belong to, even real life people. Get this thing votes.

RNNNG

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RNNNG
Re: Nerd Life

NEEDS MORE HEX :D
fun idea

jenovanomusuko

Krio wrote:Ones a mac and ones a PC...

ah, but the only difference in ascii would be the carriage return...

jasneko

quality posts: 32 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Hidden Inside, Abstract-ish

Something a little different.
I know it's late but didn't have a lot of time this week...and I really wanted to submit a line-y tattoo design.
Thanks for looking, and hopefully - voting!