Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

amandatory

quality posts: 5 Private Messages amandatory

Cute!

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange

See, he's a lovable monster. He has hearts in his eyes!

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

CroKevi

quality posts: 3 Private Messages CroKevi

poor girl.. that's going to take half an epoch to untangle!

BoredStiff

quality posts: 13 Private Messages BoredStiff

Sometimes I feel like Woot is just stringing us along...

jpawmsu

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jpawmsu

so much for a birthday surprise

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

I like it, but I don't think I want it. Side note: is this the same artist who did the shirt with the little girl and the pet brontosaurus?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon

Reminds me of kite fighting.

I've never actually flown a kite before. Maybe when I have kids.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

barry1214

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barry1214
jpawmsu wrote:so much for a birthday surprise

yeah, what's up with that?

Nomack001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Nomack001

That is one magnificent kite!...I hope that it comes up for sale on woot soon.

guitardriver64

quality posts: 2 Private Messages guitardriver64

Haha looks like apelad is representing himself as apekite!

eHalcyon

xxchange wrote:See, he's a lovable monster. He has hearts in his eyes!

I think it's a girl monster. The top of her head says "elle", which is french for "she".

scottjl

quality posts: 12 Private Messages scottjl

would have been a nice shirt except for the ugly green color. ugh.

sidecarsally

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sidecarsally

Awesome design. I feel like I want a huge print of that covering an entire wall at my place.

prateeko

quality posts: 70 Private Messages prateeko

Pft, there's nothing to worry about. That so called 'monster' is just full of hot (or possibly cool) air.

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian

Kites were invented as weapons? Citation needed.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
kylemittskus wrote:I like it, but I don't think I want it. Side note: is this the same artist who did the shirt with the little girl and the pet brontosaurus?

Apelad did Death has Keen Eyesight and, well, Apelad. I don't think he was behind Live Wire.

That said, it's not for me, but the title alone makes it way better than the offering from "some related site with a similar daily offering". I am not naming it, because apparently naming similar sites is grounds for deleting comments some places.

binkdrop

quality posts: 8 Private Messages binkdrop
eHalcyon wrote:Reminds me of kite fighting.

I've never actually flown a kite before. Maybe when I have kids.

You're totally going to have to get on that before you have kids. Kite flying, I'll have you know, is an "all people of all ages" type of thing. It's something I really like to do in my free time, and I completely think you should give it a go...especially before you have to go with children who will inevitably end up crying because they tangle their strings or can't get it to fly.

kylemittskus

AdderXYU wrote:Apelad did Death has Keen Eyesight and, well, Apelad. I don't think he was behind Live Wire.

That said, it's not for me, but the title alone makes it way better than the offering from "some related site with a similar daily offering". I am not naming it, because apparently naming similar sites is grounds for deleting comments some places.

In case anyone's wondering, Adder is talking about Teefury. It appears they have printed another copied shirt. Unless there is some multi-universe thing going on.

jpawmsu

I wish some of the shirts would be alittle more adult. Too many cartoons lately.

SarahPants5

quality posts: 6 Private Messages SarahPants5

I love the detail on the girl, her face is very expressive. Refreshing.

prateeko

quality posts: 70 Private Messages prateeko

The physics of this shirt don't line up. Based on the direction the girl's hair is blowing the kite should be positioned differently. I call [physical] shenanigans!

darquis2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darquis2

Much like adder, not for me, but boy do I love that name.

xtinaftw

quality posts: 21 Private Messages xtinaftw

I hope this shirt comes with a pet mouse (or rat) that you can set on the shirt and test his intelligence by timing how long it takes him to follow the path of the kite's string.

Who wants flowers, really? I'm sure Algernon would have preferred this kite.

akeenersense

quality posts: 1 Private Messages akeenersense

does this "percentage of sales per day" thing mean I can wait and this shirt will be here past midnight tomorrow? (assuming no sell out of course)

jpawmsu

reminds me of the kite eating tree from "Peanuts". Im sure it didnt have any inspiration from that.

cake eater

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cake eater

sorry lambchop....i'm just not feelin' it. not on this one. perhaps tomorrow or the next day. just got my filthy hippies shirt. should have ordered 3.

forum option changes may take a few minutes. just relax

xxchange

I think the days of flying kites are gone. This shirt will be a nice memento to remember them by.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

imsochady

quality posts: 26 Private Messages imsochady

If it was a boy instead of a girl, I'd really consider buying it. I used to make kites from newspapers as a kid, flying it in the hills, that was sure fun. I'm not much of a fan of olive shirts though.

jpawmsu

oh yeah Happy birthday shirt woot, and to myself

xxchange

Oh, but it's gonna bug me that it looks like he has wings.

Not pretty wings either. Ostrich wings.

powerpiglet

quality posts: 6 Private Messages powerpiglet
jpawmsu wrote:reminds me of the kite eating tree from "Peanuts". Im sure it didnt have any inspiration from that.

Reminds me of Billy's Balloon... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpc5vgi9zbM

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

Adam, I don't know if I love it on olive, but the cartoon is well done and I love the monster out of string. I would have liked to have seen it on baby blue, royal, or even grass or kelly green

kylemittskus

prateeko wrote:The physics of this shirt don't line up. Based on the direction the girl's hair is blowing the kite should be positioned differently. I call [physical] shenanigans!

The girl's hair isn't blowing from the wind; she's running away. DUH!

SpastasticNomadic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpastasticNomadic

Man, I love running with kites. And I love olive. But I don't like Axe being shipped with my tees. Woe is me.

samrlevine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages samrlevine

This is one of the cooler designs that I've seen on woot, the only problem is that i'm a guy and I don't know if I'm cool enough to sport a picture of a little girl wearing purple on the front of my shirt... no matter how cool the overall design may be.

Normscoffee

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Normscoffee

Happy Birthday shirt.woot.

jkbc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jkbc
xxchange wrote:See, he's a lovable monster. He has hearts in his eyes!

eHalcyon wrote:I think it's a girl monster. The top of her head says "elle", which is french for "she".

These two observations sold me. Bought one for my girlfriend.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Normscoffee wrote:Happy Birthday shirt.woot.

Shhhh don't remind them how old they are.

eHalcyon

binkdrop wrote:You're totally going to have to get on that before you have kids. Kite flying, I'll have you know, is an "all people of all ages" type of thing. It's something I really like to do in my free time, and I completely think you should give it a go...especially before you have to go with children who will inevitably end up crying because they tangle their strings or can't get it to fly.

My children will not cry. I will train them to be perfect. Every tear will be dealt with severely. They will learn quickly. They will be merciless, calculating, killing machines. I will foster a dynasty, a clan whose legacy will survive millenia. Thou shalt hear the name Halcyon, and thou wilt tremble. No more shall the word mean serenity or tranquility. No! "Halcyon" will become synonymous with death and destruction. We will rain torment on all humanity! We will reign supreme! BWAHAHAHAHA!

Except, you know, it'll be my actual name instead of "Halcyon".

And I'm just kidding. *shifty eyes*