noisdois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois
Re: Grace

Wow, I don't know how I missed this one before. I guess I didn't pay all that much attention to the pointillism derby :/

Very cool.

noisdois

Tuffer11 wrote:Very nice, I would buy more than one... I hope you win.

lol, well, it's not going to place, that's for sure. We can hope for an editor's pick, though!

aeternea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aeternea
Re: Some BBQ

yes I love this one

sugareeali

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sugareeali

I agree. Up and to the left or right would be a better placement.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Birdplanes!

This is one of my favorites of yours KR.

tiar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiar
Re: Air

Please win! GMV

I loved this the first time around. It's the perfect summer tee.

cinmarrn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cinmarrn
Re: Acherontia lachesis IIIx

I was so frustrated this one didn't do better in its derby. The carp that printed in that one....arghhh! This is gorgeous....good luck, GMV!

icemonster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages icemonster
HotSoup19 wrote:Really cool drawing, but I can't vote for it, I'd like to have sex one day

What a stupid comment, please shut up in the future.

MommaPhoenix

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MommaPhoenix

Our Movie Genre... I want! ! !!! This may be the design for the bag, but Our Movie Genre I neeeeed this as a shirt.

noisdois

omnitarian wrote:My favorite of yours in the derby Kris. It's like a still from a Miyazaki film, such wonderful characters and movement.

Amen. The movement on this one is amazing, Kris. I'm lovin' it!

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
Re: Mystery Date! (resub)

This is an awsome shirt. I would totally buy it and wear it. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I will get the chance...

ah6tyfour

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ah6tyfour

I want this shirt so bad!!! So glad it got a double-take. Let's do the right thing this time and vote it through....

noisdois

I saw this one on your site. I didn't realize that you had submitted it here. That's neat

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert
narkus wrote:this is so delightful!!!!!! i so hope it becomes an editor's choice. i'd get at least 2 : )

Thanks! Yes, I'd love to have one for my daughter.

honzo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages honzo
Re: Air

This needs to get back in the fog.

binkdrop

quality posts: 8 Private Messages binkdrop
paramecium10 wrote:I love science based shirts, but I can't figure this one out so maybe someone can explain. I know what a red giant and a white dwarf are, but what do either of these things have to do with our solar system? And where is our sun, which isn't a red giant or white dwarf? And why would they be playing marbles with our planets? The whole thing makes no sense, in fact I think it's kind of pointless given that there's no connection holding any of it together. I prefer the one in this derby with our sun playing marbles with the planets, at least those things are related somehow. This is a highly overrated shirt in my opinion, unless I'm just missing the connection.

The theme of the derby was "Outer Space" first of all; it wasn't just limited to our solar system. I understand your concerns, but seriously the shirt wasn't meant to be spot on scientific. It was just a play on words, and had I put any other planets besides easily recognizable ones, people would've surely said "What's going on here...are those planets or marbles?" rather than "Oh hey those are our planets and I get the joke a little better now". If it bothers you too much that the sun is not present, perhaps I'll just tell you that he is off getting ice cream somewhere and decided to let his friends play with his marbles (i.e. our planets).

Besides, a lot of people that stopped by my shirt's page for the Space derby had no idea what White Dwarves and Red Giants were in regards to space-related things anyways, so...had it been truly accurate regarding the science behind it, it would've no doubt just gone wayyyyy over a lot of people's heads. Plus, with joke shirts, sometimes it's just best to keep it simple, rather than completely accurate at times.

gnubjub

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gnubjub
paramecium10 wrote:I love science based shirts, but I can't figure this one out so maybe someone can explain. I know what a red giant and a white dwarf are, but what do either of these things have to do with our solar system? And where is our sun, which isn't a red giant or white dwarf? And why would they be playing marbles with our planets? The whole thing makes no sense, in fact I think it's kind of pointless given that there's no connection holding any of it together. I prefer the one in this derby with our sun playing marbles with the planets, at least those things are related somehow. This is a highly overrated shirt in my opinion, unless I'm just missing the connection.

My general feeling of it was that ultimately the universe is a big web of gravity. Everything is going to be pulling everything else in different directions. If you want to take the Red Giant and White Dwarf thing in to a scene to account for why our sun is not there, then how about our sun? Well it is much smaller than a red giant and much cooler than a white dwarf. Maybe they are bullies and ran him off?

binkdrop

Shigwarm wrote:Large space objects playing marbles with the planets is a great idea!

Hah! :p During the derby I submitted this shirt, someone actually linked yours. I haven't been here long so I hadn't ever seen it before, and I'm surprised to see we're both now in a derby together, because I had no idea how long it had been since your shirt was in a derby!

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

Ugh. Getting this to print isn't going to be as easy as I thought, is it?

lindab53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindab53
re: hearth

I am so sad to see that this one is not getting many votes.

lindab53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindab53
Re: Some BBQ

Yay, it's back in the fog again! Stay there, please, and print. There are actually 6 shirts I must have, so I know I am going to be disappointed regardless. There are probably another 6 on my "maybe" list...I'm hoping to not end this week with nothing I want to purchase like the past 3 weeks or so.

lefthandedninja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lefthandedninja
HotSoup19 wrote:Really cool drawing, but I can't vote for it, I'd like to have sex one day

Are you kidding? This is one of the sexiest looking shirt options I've ever seen on Woot. Sure, it isn't about space and there aren't any bunnies, but it'll do.

Hutif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hutif
Re: Sakura Hanami v.2 Full Blossom

Just beautiful.

paramecium10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paramecium10
binkdrop wrote:The theme of the derby was "Outer Space" first of all; it wasn't just limited to our solar system. I understand your concerns, but seriously the shirt wasn't meant to be spot on scientific. It was just a play on words, and had I put any other planets besides easily recognizable ones, people would've surely said "What's going on here...are those planets or marbles?" rather than "Oh hey those are our planets and I get the joke a little better now". If it bothers you too much that the sun is not present, perhaps I'll just tell you that he is off getting ice cream somewhere and decided to let his friends play with his marbles (i.e. our planets).

Besides, a lot of people that stopped by my shirt's page for the Space derby had no idea what White Dwarves and Red Giants were in regards to space-related things anyways, so...had it been truly accurate regarding the science behind it, it would've no doubt just gone wayyyyy over a lot of people's heads. Plus, with joke shirts, sometimes it's just best to keep it simple, rather than completely accurate at times.

I guess my problem boils down to this is two different good concepts merged into one that doesn't make much sense and requires a lot of explanation and storytelling (i.e. the sun went for ice cream). I think a shirt with just literal translations of space objects would be awesome. A shirt with the sun playing marbles with the planets is fine. Merging the two together is just random. It's like having a joke about black holes on the same shirt with a joke about how the moon is made of cheese. I just don't see the connection. Personally I would prefer to see the marbles left off and just add more funny literal translations of space objects.

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange
Re: Float On

I... don't get it. Sorry.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

MisterBones

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MisterBones

I must have this shirt, it is the sex. Vote or face my terrible wrath!

MissRebeccaF

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MissRebeccaF
Re: The collector

I love this concept! GMV (again).

MissRebeccaF

Re: Under the Aztec Sun

So well done! And I'm itching to have a yellow shirt. GMV (again).

binkdrop

paramecium10 wrote:I guess my problem boils down to this is two different good concepts merged into one that doesn't make much sense and requires a lot of explanation and storytelling (i.e. the sun went for ice cream). I think a shirt with just literal translations of space objects would be awesome. A shirt with the sun playing marbles with the planets is fine. Merging the two together is just random. It's like having a joke about black holes on the same shirt with a joke about how the moon is made of cheese. I just don't see the connection. Personally I would prefer to see the marbles left off and just add more funny literal translations of space objects.

I am going to go ahead and bring up the argument that every space-related show brings forth then, explosions in space. Like...I watch Star Trek, and quite often there is one thing or another that blows up in the middle of space, but of course in real life that wouldn't happen, as space lacks surrounding oxygen to fuel the fires and the explosion. Here you have the classic argument of what works in reality versus what looks cooler. Regarding my shirt, I had to make a decision on what would make a better, simpler joke and could include more characters to make it visually interesting, versus what is scientifically correct.

So...just because I know explosions in space look and sound nothing like on television shows, that doesn't mean that I can't appreciate it's visual appeal or the fact that without the sounds it'd be a rather uneventful scene. I'm not going to boycott the space shows because of their scientific inaccuracies, so I would hope that you wouldn't hate my shirt because it doesn't completely adhere to scientific properties.

MissRebeccaF

Re: Best Worn With Goggles

Wonderful, Rube Goldberg-esque design! It makes me wonder what's being made. I'm thinking donuts. GMV (again).

elviswind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elviswind

This one was definitely my favorite in the tattoo derby . . . a bloody shame it didn't print. Kids these days don't know a good tattoo design if it smacked upside the head.

MissRebeccaF

Re: Space Invaded (resub)

Still love it! Great color combo and wonderful little aliens. GMV (again).

MissRebeccaF

Re: Pressure Release

Great colors, great placement. Love it! GMV (again).

DanAmrich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DanAmrich
darthapo wrote:What happens if you mix 1 part Merlin with 2 parts ZZ Top?

You get "Rock of Mages!"

I'd love this if it were just the wizard image, without the text. I know it's the joke you're telling, but the watching the films factor, for me, is better.

Also, the joke's kind of built in visually anyway -- he's playing a BC Rich Warlock...

http://bunnyears.net

MissRebeccaF

Re: SteamBiker

Great drawing! I don't know how I missed it the first time. GMV!

MissRebeccaF

Re: This one is done

Weird and wonderful! GMV.

MissRebeccaF

Re: BearBQ

My favorite BBQ design! I still love it. Nice job! GMV (again).

MissRebeccaF

Re: Let the Meteors Fall

Wonderful concept and colors! Normally, I avoid cream, but I love this one. GMV (again).

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
AdderXYU wrote:Given the sort of work Mikey normally comments on/defends, having Edgar win a derby with a beautifully done and unique piece would be a huge threat.

You even like to whine like a baby even when I said I really like the design? lol A GREAT design does not always mean it will be a great shirt. Something your thick little head can't seem to grasp.

I think the design is very cool, just not something for a t-shirt. If you take that as in insult then that's your problem and idiocy.

*insert generic crying response by AdderXWhineZ to follow

MisterBones

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MisterBones

This is the single greatest shirt I've ever seen on Woot, and quite possibly the greatest I've ever seen anywhere else. God I hope I get a chance to buy this.