KessiTheNinja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KessiTheNinja
Re: Dancing in the Rain

One of my top 3 at least in the derby=P This is awesome!!! GMV!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KessiTheNinja

Re: The Mysterious Evolution of The Killer Whale

Gives a whole new take on Killer Whales now doesn't it? I support this shirt and the laser carrying whale...GO WHALE!!!!

KessiTheNinja

Re: increased pressure

Woah... awesome. I want... very very much so!

KessiTheNinja

Re: Now What?

I really wanted this shirt to make it last time!!! I hope it does this time around!!!

Weredawg

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Weredawg

Love the design and the concept; well executed. But as for me wearing it, I'm not sure; mainly due to the color contrast of having a large pink object on a blue backdrop. I don't know if I could pull this off as a dude.

AGiftToTearApart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AGiftToTearApart
Re: Grace

I do love the design, but I also agree on the placement. Upper right would look nice. I'm not too big a fan of black shirts, so I'd love to see how this would look on a creamy orange shirt. Just my preference, though.

Infurnoh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Infurnoh
Re: Acherontia lachesis IIIx

looks like i'm trippin XD

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
kungfumanchu wrote:Your shirts are always awesome. I wish more would make it to the top.

Thank you very much Kungfumanchu! That means a lot to me. I sure wish more would make it to the top, too! Though, its always tough going against "all-star" competition in these double-take derbies. I'll keep designing if you keep voting!

arwerther

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arwerther
Re: Air

Am I the only one who does not get the appeal of Edgar shirts? Of course, the water color technique in this won is done really well, but the style of the drawing is just strange. Oh well, to each their own.

schnauzergirl38

arwerther

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arwerther
Re: Gonna Make You Lunch

Ugh. Horrible.

schnauzergirl38

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
Re: King of the Grill

Loved it then, love it now. Great shirt Ski. I could really get some work done around the grill in a great shirt like this!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
paramecium10 wrote:a joke about black holes

Woot's PG-13 rule is more like G. A joke about black holes would probably get rejected.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Nina5481

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nina5481
nyren wrote:GMV This had so many of my friends cracked up when I showed them the submission during the Tattoo derby. You'd think me and my twenty-something friends would have outgrown Your Mom jokes by now, but nope!

Man I want this one.

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26
Re: Cthulhu BBQ

After much deliberation I have decied that I would definitely purchase this shirt if it prints. +1 vote for you.

itoaseik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik
kylemittskus wrote:Yellow, orange, pink, 2 blues, gray.

I think it was suggested last time that it was only orange and yellow for the sun, then two blues, gray, and then black (outlines). This seems to fit, but only allowing for the use of halftones beyond the abilities of a mere mortal.

I'm very glad this is still fogged, I hope it lasts (or Woot doesn't screw up the EC's).

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian
arwerther wrote:Am I the only one who does not get the appeal of Edgar shirts? Of course, the water color technique in this won is done really well, but the style of the drawing is just strange. Oh well, to each their own.

When I was brand, brand new to the shirt scene I didn't quite know what to make of Edgar either, but he very quickly became a favorite. It really is a matter of wabi-sabi... I don't think you have to be an art snob to appreciate the twee, childlike innocence Edgar is able to capture. Essentially it's because it's so different from everything else in the shirt world that makes it so incredibly charming.

binkdrop

quality posts: 8 Private Messages binkdrop
Weredawg wrote:Love the design and the concept; well executed. But as for me wearing it, I'm not sure; mainly due to the color contrast of having a large pink object on a blue backdrop. I don't know if I could pull this off as a dude.

I'm glad you like the design!

As for your concerns, it's not pink actually, it's red. Maybe you need to adjust your monitor. Plus, if it's called "Red Giant, White Dwarf" why in the hell would I make the giant pink?

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian
homeschoolwinner wrote:This is awesome. What derby was this from?

Air.

eHalcyon

itoaseik wrote:I think it was suggested last time that it was only orange and yellow for the sun, then two blues, gray, and then black (outlines). This seems to fit, but only allowing for the use of halftones beyond the abilities of a mere mortal.

I'm very glad this is still fogged, I hope it lasts (or Woot doesn't screw up the EC's).

So is the pink-ish part an orange halftone? Or is the black the same dark blue as the darker halftones in the clouds?

I don't doubt that only six colours are used (I'm not always a fan of his pieces but Edgar definitely knows what he's doing). I'm curious as to which colours were actually used though. The watercolour effect is great.

eHalcyon

binkdrop wrote:I'm glad you like the design!

As for your concerns, it's not pink actually, it's red. Maybe you need to adjust your monitor. Plus, if it's called "Red Giant, White Dwarf" why in the hell would I make the giant pink?

I wouldn't call it "red", per se. Maybe a rosy red or a deep pink. The belly is pink.

binkdrop

omnitarian wrote:When I was brand, brand new to the shirt scene I didn't quite know what to make of Edgar either, but he very quickly became a favorite. It really is a matter of wabi-sabi... I don't think you have to be an art snob to appreciate the twee, childlike innocence Edgar is able to capture. Essentially it's because it's so different from everything else in the shirt world that makes it so incredibly charming.

I've seen a whole lot of Edgar-ish stuff on Deviant Art so I guess it's completely lost it's charm for me. It seems odd that people would flock to the nonsensical types of designs so freely when there seems to be a raging debate continuously going on around here for what actually constitutes "good art" on a shirt. Ohhh you people here are rather fickle!

binkdrop

eHalcyon wrote:I wouldn't call it "red", per se. Maybe a rosy red or a deep pink. The belly is pink.

Light red . Don't even make me bring Red vs. Blue into this discussion.

Proudfootzor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Proudfootzor
Re: Air

How is this in the fog? This shirt is just weird. Why would you wear this?

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
arwerther wrote:Am I the only one who does not get the appeal of Edgar shirts? Of course, the water color technique in this won is done really well, but the style of the drawing is just strange. Oh well, to each their own.

For my personal tastes only, some of Edgar's designs are hit-or-miss. There have been a few that I just don't 'get' the widespread appeal of (ie: Fiction vs. Non-Fiction), but I absolutely *love* some of his not-quite-creepy, vaguely-twisted, almost-tragic-yet-undeniably-charming pieces.

Some of my all-time Edgar favourites include "Play musics for my eeears dum dum dum dum dum ", "Inspired By Gravity's Rainbow", "I'll be there Tomorrow", and my all-time absolute number one *favourite* design, "my pet deer".

Unfortunately, I'm usually in the minority, and the Edgar designs I like best never see print.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Proudfootzor wrote:How is this in the fog? This shirt is just weird. Why would you wear this?

It's colorful, whimsical, and beautiful design. It's simple on the eye as well.

Overall, it looks great and would make for a shirt I'd wear in a second.

kittyjane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kittyjane
Re: He's developing a nasty tan

u gotta love vamps!

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
HotSoup19 wrote:Really cool drawing, but I can't vote for it, I'd like to have sex one day

You, sir, have failed today's "good argument" test. Please step away from the keyboard until you've learned how make a point intelligently.

Avengedpoet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Avengedpoet
Re: The Vampires are Playing Baseball

Steal from Twilight much?

ChuckleNorris

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ChuckleNorris
Avengedpoet wrote:Steal from Twilight much?

uh huh

ChuckleNorris

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ChuckleNorris
artcow83 wrote:I love that they sparkle! Cracks me up! Great design.

I'm glad

paramecium10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paramecium10
binkdrop wrote:I am going to go ahead and bring up the argument that every space-related show brings forth then, explosions in space. Like...I watch Star Trek, and quite often there is one thing or another that blows up in the middle of space, but of course in real life that wouldn't happen, as space lacks surrounding oxygen to fuel the fires and the explosion. Here you have the classic argument of what works in reality versus what looks cooler. Regarding my shirt, I had to make a decision on what would make a better, simpler joke and could include more characters to make it visually interesting, versus what is scientifically correct.

So...just because I know explosions in space look and sound nothing like on television shows, that doesn't mean that I can't appreciate it's visual appeal or the fact that without the sounds it'd be a rather uneventful scene. I'm not going to boycott the space shows because of their scientific inaccuracies, so I would hope that you wouldn't hate my shirt because it doesn't completely adhere to scientific properties.

I'm not sure you're reading what I wrote. I'm not talking about scientific properties or explosions. You have two different concepts fighting for meaning on your shirt, and neither of them relate to the other. Either one by themselves would be good, but put together the entire idea behind the shirt becomes cluttered and not very well thought out. I think you did a good job with all the elements, but put together the meaning becomes muddled in my opinion.

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26
paramecium10 wrote:I love science based shirts, but I can't figure this one out so maybe someone can explain. I know what a red giant and a white dwarf are, but what do either of these things have to do with our solar system? And where is our sun, which isn't a red giant or white dwarf? And why would they be playing marbles with our planets? The whole thing makes no sense, in fact I think it's kind of pointless given that there's no connection holding any of it together. I prefer the one in this derby with our sun playing marbles with the planets, at least those things are related somehow. This is a highly overrated shirt in my opinion, unless I'm just missing the connection.

IMO this shirt is underrated. It needs more votes. I want this badly. I know it's "cute" which is frowned upon here at Woot, but the design is very clever. vote for bink!

espetrell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages espetrell
re: i am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

This shirt looks pretty awesome. I like the color contrast, and especially the shading technique. GMV.

espetrell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages espetrell
Re: Whats under the bed?

SO cute. I love it. GMV

imsochady

quality posts: 18 Private Messages imsochady
KessiTheNinja wrote:Gives a whole new take on Killer Whales now doesn't it? I support this shirt and the laser carrying whale...GO WHALE!!!!

GO WHALE!!!

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange
Re: Call me, Ishmael

I think A Long Way Gone when I see the title, not Moby pretzel twist. Lucky the whale's not in both books.

I laughed when I saw this, by the way.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange
xxchange wrote:I think A Long Way Gone when I see the title, not Moby pretzel twist. Lucky the whale's not in both books.

I laughed when I saw this, by the way.

And also that's one funky filter.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

binkdrop

paramecium10 wrote:I'm not sure you're reading what I wrote. I'm not talking about scientific properties or explosions. You have two different concepts fighting for meaning on your shirt, and neither of them relate to the other. Either one by themselves would be good, but put together the entire idea behind the shirt becomes cluttered and not very well thought out. I think you did a good job with all the elements, but put together the meaning becomes muddled in my opinion.

At this point, I think we're just talking ourselves in circles; you think I didn't read what you wrote, while I did, and I think you completely missed the entire point behind me bringing up explosions in space. I haven't managed to completely convey to you the lightheartedness of the shirt, and you would prefer a more literal shirt, so perhaps we should just stop having this conversation.

I acknowledge that you think my shirt in its entirety is not well thought out, and you wouldn't buy it. I have noted your thoughts on it being "cluttered", although I humbly disagree, and we can leave it at that.

Maybe you could take all this negative energy and turn it into some positive compliments for Shigwarm here, since his shirt seems to fit more of what you're looking for anyways.

ItsReigning

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ItsReigning
Re: I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

I wanted this to place last time it was up =[ please help it win this time

kakuloo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kakuloo
mcguire867 wrote:I like the idea, but the only thing that bothers me is that...well, it's a peacock...not a peahen. So it's a male penguin asking a male peacock to dance. Not that there's anything wrong with that! *Laughs* I just think it's not what the designer intended.

Cute idea, though. And peahens aren't nearly as flashy anyway.

It could be a female penguin wearing a bowtie. =P