slvrwhispr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slvrwhispr
Re: Whats under the bed?

What derby is this from? I don't recall seeing this design before.

martirs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages martirs
Re: BearBQ

This shirt is great.

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange
omnitarian wrote:Haha!

I guess there's a subtext about family, social networking, 6 degrees of separation, etc etc, but that's only if you really want to go 'art critic' on it. I don't really intend for anyone to read into the subtext, much less "require" it for understanding the shirt.

Basically it's just meant to be a stylish, whimsical, fun-looking shirt design.

Jasneko: No I do not, I just enjoy drawing bowties. I keep a list of every bowtie I draw, actually. I don't intend to draw that many, it just... happens.

Oh. Well, that's disappointing.

My favorite is the one with the mustache.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

Draike

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Draike
slvrwhispr wrote:What derby is this from? I don't recall seeing this design before.

It's from the Mystery derby, and it's GMV again.

Draike

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Draike
Re: Blue-Footed Booby Dance of Seduction

I was so mad when this was 4th last time. IT MUST PRINT. I MUST HAVE IT. Rarely is there a shirt I really want to wear from here, but this is definitely one of them.

Jmangino88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jmangino88

This shirt leaps into the vacuum dont vote for it.

I am a boy not a robot.

isparabola

quality posts: 8 Private Messages isparabola
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2

If this doesn't print... Which it looks like it probably wont I hope it prints elsewhere.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Re: Taj Mahal

Wow, I must've missed this during the pointillism derby--great job! Something so purely artistic will have a hard time winning, but you've GMV. Bonus points for using a lemon shirt.

alboneus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alboneus
Proudfootzor wrote:How is this in the fog? This shirt is just weird. Why would you wear this?

My sentiments exactly. Thank you for not making me feel like I'm the only one who thinks this design has "SPIDERS! GET THEM OFF!." written all over it.

No offense to edgar, ofc. Not familiar with his work, but this specific design, is not my cup of tea at all & the fact that it's in the fog just boggles my mind.

Before free market economy, we eat potato each night for dinner. Now we have much money. We eat two potato each night for dinner. And on happy days, we eat salted pork from can.

IndependentVik

Re: Origin of the Species

I don't know how I missed this last time. Hilarious, DF! GMV.

IndependentVik

Re: Big Foot: Case Closed

I really like this one. The only thing that bothers me is the optical illusion quality of the hunter's face. First it's a smile on his face, look away, then it's a nose!

(Or am I the only one who sees both?)

dmkooo

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dmkooo
icymallard wrote:haha, id wear it for its comical effect.

can u imagine how awkward the kiss would be..?

Doesn't look awkward to me.

dmkooo

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dmkooo

yodal

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yodal
Re: Whats under the bed?

great shirt! i dont have a orange shirt yet! hope it prints

lindab53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindab53
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2

scaffolding, I really wanted this shirt. Drakxxx, if it doesn't print here, please let us know if it prints elsewhere. Thanks.

Edit: Well, now I know why I have been seeing scaffolding a lot lately...it's the new filter word for c r a p.

gijose

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gijose
alboneus wrote:My sentiments exactly. Thank you for not making me feel like I'm the only one who thinks this design has "SPIDERS! GET THEM OFF!." written all over it.

No offense to edgar, ofc. Not familiar with his work, but this specific design, is not my cup of tea at all & the fact that it's in the fog just boggles my mind.

to be honest i'd prefer this as a print to a T-Shirt, but that doesn't change the fact that it's amazingly creative and a great design regardless, I'd buy it if it printed.

NYC!

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple

Thank you, everyone! I'd forgotten this was actually in the runnings. I appreciate everyone's support so much. <3

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
IamIreland wrote:This is crazy sweet.

Thanks! I kinda like it.

noisdois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois

Wow! It's been a long time since I've had a design in the fog! Thanks for the votes guys!

becca117

quality posts: 0 Private Messages becca117
benjaminleebates wrote:Here here!!!
But then again, not much makes sense when you are speaking in old wootish!
Nee Nee Neeeee!

Yea... I don't really understand it. Want to explain?

wicketswidget

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wicketswidget

Can't wait til i get this one, though my husband and i have spent over a $100 each on woot! shirts in the last five months i must have this one too. Think i'[ll get one for my two year old too!

Shaylan Turner

theghotiman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theghotiman
Re: Air

If this shirt doesn't print, I may lose all the faith I have left in Woot. There are several good shirts in this derby, but this is head and shoulders above the rest. Please print. Please.

unimatrixZxero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unimatrixZxero
Re: Cthulhu BBQ

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

nfrsbmschmck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nfrsbmschmck
noisdois wrote:Wow! It's been a long time since I've had a design in the fog! Thanks for the votes guys!

I hope it stays there! Thanks for making such a brilliant shirt.

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
hewtab wrote:I really like the transition of color used here. was it a halftone? I cant tell when one color begins and the other ends :D

Yes it's a halftone. A sneaky one.

kdubbs29

alboneus wrote:My sentiments exactly. Thank you for not making me feel like I'm the only one who thinks this design has "SPIDERS! GET THEM OFF!." written all over it.

Edgar really isn't my cup of tea, but that is my personal preference more so than a critical remark on his style. In my opinion his work would be suited really well for children's books as opposed to t-shirts that adults might wear. I could see children wearing his art much more easily than I can picture most adults.

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 8 Private Messages benjaminleebates
becca117 wrote:Yea... I don't really understand it. Want to explain?

Man, I had to hunt to find what I was referring to...
My internet access should be restricted when I am caffeinated.
Some one didn't understand why an entry wasn't doing better, I agreed wiht a 'here, here' secondly, The sub culture of woot is almost foreign, things here seem strange sometimes. Almost as bizarre as the Ents in LOTR. So instead of old entish, I said old wootish. And neee! is a monty python reference for obnoxious silliness in the guise of something greater...
It was serveral steps removed form the meaning, but caffeine screws with my sense of normalcy and interconnectivity. Six degrees of seperation between the meaning and the phrasing... Like obscure text speak.

kdubbs29

Re: Gonna Make You Lunch

I don't get the appeal of this shirt. At all. Its one of those shirts that has you thinking "if I made this, it never would have gotten votes". But hey, more power to you if you can strike a chord with the voting audience.

kdubbs29

Re: Hanauma Bay

This still strikes me as odd as a tattoo entry (but only in the sense that you don't see that style of tattoo in the northeast). But, it is a really sweet illustration that I would totally wear. Though, I would definitely prefer it on a nice, clean white shirt as opposed to the asphalt. Got my vote!

kdubbs29

Re: Rain Dancer

It is an absolute shame this isn't doing better. I think this is one of the best designs in the whole competition. It is complex in its design, yet so simple in its message. Brilliant!

supernut11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supernut11
Re: I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

First of all, I love this design and I cannot wait to buy it. But I'm curious: This phrase, "I am become death, the destroyer of worlds," was made famous by Robert Oppenheimer, the Father of the Atomic Bomb. He said it following the first successful explosion of the bomb. The phrase is an interpretation of a line from an ancient Hindu text, where it was said by the God Vishnu. IS the design meant to be an interpretation of Vishnu? Or maybe an abstract rendering of Oppenheimer (very abstract)? The phrase was also quoted in the movie Hunt for Red October. Is that Sean Connery in the design? Regardless of the intent, I love the design. GMV.

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
Re: A Mysterious Conspiracy

I love this! So silly and cute. The design is very well thought out and I love the expressions on everyone's faces, especially the bunny in the front. This needs more votes, I would definitely buy this if it printed!

jga122

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jga122
Re: Blue-Footed Booby Dance of Seduction

I loved this shirt when it came out during the Dance Derby and still Do! I, too, was bitter when it came in fourth.

gmv

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
kdubbs29 wrote:I don't get the appeal of this shirt. At all. Its one of those shirts that has you thinking "if I made this, it never would have gotten votes". But hey, more power to you if you can strike a chord with the voting audience.

As someone who has won infinitely more derbies than artulo (who only really got close to fogging with this one, as I recall), your sentiment is incredibly invalid. If you had made it, it almost ASSUREDLY would have gotten MORE votes, simply because your work has won, while his has proven to be incredibly unsuccessful. Well, here. The man has certainly had his share of prints elsewhere. But we all know that actually HURTS in woot voting.

jdubb1363

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdubb1363
Re: I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

I just don't see what you all like?
i guess i can see this as a tekin guy or something but how is this a good shirt?

noisdois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=34200]

whoa, i totally missed this one until now. awesome

jdubb1363

Re: Call me, Ishmael

I LOVE This Shirt

jdubb1363

pumbaa57 wrote:If this doesn't print here, and you take it somewhere else to print it, would you please pm me? I will mos defnatly buy it.

ME too

spanishmel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel

Happy to see this is in the fog!

LonChaney

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LonChaney
Re: Air

Why oh why is this straying further from the fog? Woe is me. I do so love the sleepy, wittle cloud people. And white shirts. grrrrr rrrrr *looking for inflatable, over-sized mallet to knock squishy, pink brains into the people who no wanna vote for this* Please, oh please vote for the happy little clouds!