dijin


quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijin
Re: henna hands



nice and creative idea. gmv

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
itoaseik wrote:Phew, long post alright, though mine wasn't much shorter. But what's this about Adder having a blog? I read more than I post, and this is the first I've heard about such a thing.



Singularitee - it's a blog highlighting some of the best designs on various shirt sites. Check Adder's signature for a convenient link. His comments there are quite insightful.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Floridafighter66


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Floridafighter66
scuzzmaster11 wrote:ohhhh . . . i feel like such a dork. i thought those were feathers the first time this was in. i liked it, but i like it even more now. d-oh, wear yer glasses when viewing shirts, my wife says. lol. got my vote, very nice work!




if they're not feathers, then what are they?

i deff think the design is awesome, colors are eye-catching and cool. but i gotta ask, i don't understand the title of this shirt, and what it has to do with the design. i mean, is this like the ultimate warrior of doom? still, awesome design though. very detailed.

Xanthis13


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Xanthis13
itoaseik wrote:Since it first appeared, I liked this drawing but not as a shirt, and I just realized why: Three Wolf Moon. Although I don't think this design itself is tacky, it really reminds me of those very tacky semi-tie-dyed big-animal-design t-shirts.

Anyway, sorry it sounds like I'm hating on the design, I really would like it a lot on anything but a t-shirt. Good luck to all those who want this, maybe I'll get lucky and they'll print Rain Dancer too.



So wait a minute. You are hating on this but like Rain Dancer? They are similar ideas!

squirrrl


quality posts: 2 Private Messages squirrrl
Re: Land of the Rising Sunny Side



Please let me know too....would definitely buy it.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
bmckay wrote:BS. It is hurtful towards Edgar. It is exactly why I said my web 2.0 statement. I didn't even use your name, I stated a generalized taste, but you took offense and saw it as a personal attack against your work.

You say right up there that Edgar's style isn't worthy of high artistic praise because its childlike and hard to understand. You use his name directly, it's demeaning, and your comments were not only directed towards adder.



I have to agree.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

itoaseik


quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik
eHalcyon wrote:Singularitee - it's a blog highlighting some of the best designs on various shirt sites. Check Adder's signature for a convenient link. His comments there are quite insightful.



Ah, thanks. I tend not to notice signatures. Some cool shirts on there.

KessiTheNinja


quality posts: 0 Private Messages KessiTheNinja
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2



Please please please let this go up in the fog and stay there!!! I love this shirt sooooo much!! Basically amazing in so many ways! Even as a girl i'd wear this quite frequently=P GMV! [times 373 million if i could!]

itoaseik


quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik
Floridafighter66 wrote:if they're not feathers, then what are they?



Scythes, thus a personification of death using well-known grim reaper imagery. It takes a closer look to notice, and is one of the things I really like about this design.

Xanthis13 wrote:So wait a minute. You are hating on this but like Rain Dancer? They are similar ideas!



Sortof... I was trying to not really hate on this because I like a lot about it, just not as a shirt. I think maybe it's the color choices, maybe just a personal issue of being reminded of those other types of shirts. I like the idea and the line work plenty. And yeah, Rain Dancer is the third shirt I would buy in this derby, after Air and Steamworks Operatica.

OggyDoggy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages OggyDoggy

Though this quote is well known because of Oppenheimer's response to the detonation of the atomic bomb, it was originally from the Eleventh Chapter of the Bhagavad-gita (Hindu scripture) in which Krishna displays his "Universal form." I think this is what the art is trying to portray. You can read more here.

IndependentVik


quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
kylemittskus wrote:Why would Indians buy a shirt of something that they have in their own country? That would be like a New Yorker wearing an "I Love New York" shirt.



I think what the OP meant was that tourists visiting India would buy the shirts as a memento of their visit.

thurdl01


quality posts: 11 Private Messages thurdl01
Re: Some BBQ



Voted for it last time.
Voted for it this time.

studio1172


quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
Re: People of the Sun (final)



dammit. needs more votes!

joebeimon


quality posts: 3 Private Messages joebeimon
Re: Hanauma Bay



Really Like this, been there and it would really like to be able to wear this... I like asphalt. GMV!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

teragoesbyte


quality posts: 0 Private Messages teragoesbyte
Re: Cloud Corsairs



This reminds me of the ship in Stardust. Very whimsical!

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
SpastasticNomadic wrote:The style on this is superb. Still loving it.


I agree, very charming design, once again.


cleverconveyence


quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverconveyence
Mrspott wrote:come on adder just because you don't like deadfrog doesn't mean you have to hate his shirt its probably one of 2 I would wear in this whole derby



...Adder wasn't hating, from the looks of it. I don't think he even dislikes Deadfrog. He's said before that he knows DF is capable of great work, unlike some other designers.

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)
number of shirt.woots in 09: 2 (same criteria)

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
cleverconveyence wrote:...Adder wasn't hating, from the looks of it. I don't think he even dislikes Deadfrog. He's said before that he knows DF is capable of great work, unlike some other designers.



DF is capable of great work. I see it so rarely from him, however, that I can no longer even try to respect him when it does come out.

His shirt in the fog this week was a last-minute hail-mary when he realized people were dead set on getting his Pandas rejected in the quote derby. He could have worked on the artistic idea first, but he went for an overdone one, with no discernible difference from a million other shirts except the style, which was used in all his prior wins. All of which, like that one, illustrated something 100% as it was, without added creativity. By submitting an artistic piece, he would either prove people liked his work both ways and get a print (or else get pity votes because his pander idea was axed), or he would lose, and could say "SEE!!! I can't win with these ideas! I am such a victim, and I need money"

It is true I've liked his work in the past. But he is long past the point where I'd ever consider buying anything of his, like it or not. I think his design and art ethics are far too low to support.

devdave


quality posts: 0 Private Messages devdave
Re: Whats under the bed?



as we say in Australia - GO YOU GOOD THING!

Tana920


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tana920
Re: Electric Bill and the Charges



I only wish I could vote for this more than once.

Love it. GMV again

jadepm


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jadepm

I still absolutely LOVE this shirt. I'll give it a go promoting on Facebook again...

jadepm


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jadepm
pumbaa57 wrote:This is far and away my favorite design I think I've ever seen submitted to shirt.woot. If this ends up printing somewhere else, please please please let me know, and I will buy it, along with backups for when the first one wears out!



I second that emotion.

elwayman02


quality posts: 2 Private Messages elwayman02
Re: Cloud Corsairs



sailormoontsu did a great job on this shirt, I'm glad to have been a part of this project.

jmmbell1987


quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Re: Cloud Corsairs



This is a beautiful design.

jmmbell1987


quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

Funnily enough, this is by far my favorite tgentry design this derby, and it's nowhere near the fog.

Not that the ones in the fog aren't very good in their own right, of course.

FuriousGeorge11


quality posts: 0 Private Messages FuriousGeorge11
IndependentVik wrote:I really like this one. The only thing that bothers me is the optical illusion quality of the hunter's face. First it's a smile on his face, look away, then it's a nose!

(Or am I the only one who sees both?)



I agree that the face looks pretty poorly drawn, perhaps it's intentionally done, but personally I don't care for it the way it is.

Stexe


quality posts: 21 Private Messages Stexe
AdderXYU wrote:DF is capable of great work. I see it so rarely from him, however, that I can no longer even try to respect him when it does come out.

His shirt in the fog this week was a last-minute hail-mary when he realized people were dead set on getting his Pandas rejected in the quote derby. He could have worked on the artistic idea first, but he went for an overdone one, with no discernible difference from a million other shirts except the style, which was used in all his prior wins. All of which, like that one, illustrated something 100% as it was, without added creativity. By submitting an artistic piece, he would either prove people liked his work both ways and get a print (or else get pity votes because his pander idea was axed), or he would lose, and could say "SEE!!! I can't win with these ideas! I am such a victim, and I need money"

It is true I've liked his work in the past. But he is long past the point where I'd ever consider buying anything of his, like it or not. I think his design and art ethics are far too low to support.



Design and art ethics? What are you talking about? You make designs on a COMMERCIAL website to SELL THEM. You don't need to maintain artistic integrity when you're trying to SELL THEM FOR MONEY. Seesh.

Plus, I really like this shirt. I just wish it was on black instead of blue. I think the gold and black combo would be a much better representation of a bringer of death. But even still, if this wins I'll probably buy it.

HiroOfTime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages HiroOfTime
Re: Float On


As much as I hope this shirt makes a rally to the top, in case that doesn't happen, is there any chance we'll see this on another site? And if that does happen, is there a chance I may receive a pm so I may buy it?

Pretty please?

Reawen


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reawen
jmmbell1987 wrote:As a vegetarian, I'd proudly sport this shirt.



Me too... I think it makes wearing it extra funny ^_^

lindab53


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindab53
Re: Aerial Wonder



I see this one creeping up a bit, but it's going to need to be an EC. C'mon woot!

Piratical


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Piratical
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2



This shirt is stunning, I don't understand why it isn't in the fog. D: I may cry if this doesn't end up in the top three.

Icemank91


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Icemank91
Re: Whats under the bed?



Is the spoon for the eyeballs?

kaseyfleming


quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
jasneko wrote:I thought this one was very well done in its previous derby... best use of heather grey in a design that I've seen!



no doubt!

haezoo


quality posts: 1 Private Messages haezoo
Re: Bunny Holly



Voted again, but please let us know if it prints somewhere else! I will buy it!

benjaminleebates


quality posts: 8 Private Messages benjaminleebates
mjc613 wrote:It is also based on reality. Maybe people come here to escape from the pressures of work, and don't want to be reminded of it. I, however, want to get one of these to wear for casual Friday.



The reference to office space is priceless. I enjoyed this shirt before I noticed the reference...

noisdois


quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois
Re: He's developing a nasty tan



lol! missed this one before! i love it because it shows what REALLY happens to vampires in the sun... :D

Michiman117


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Michiman117
Re: I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.



wow this is really aartistic lol!

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Air



I am quite irritated that this is sitting in 6th place. Please vote for this one, woot purchasers!

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Stexe wrote:Design and art ethics? What are you talking about? You make designs on a COMMERCIAL website to SELL THEM. You don't need to maintain artistic integrity when you're trying to SELL THEM FOR MONEY. Seesh.



If you cannot both make money AND have ethics, then you are not worthy of my respect. They should not be mutually exclusive.

All art should be bound by ethics. There is not some moral void that comes up when money is involved.

jswaddell


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jswaddell
Re: Now What?



I love this shirt!