the dance don’t come natural.
Enhance your stature. Fall
into the routine they call
The Margaret Thatcher, y’all.

Do The Margaret Thatcher!

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: henna hands

Uhh..I've added new meaning to double-take. I took a double-take when I realized I actually made the derby.

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
xxchange wrote:I agree that the original is better... is that up for sale anywhere? I would absolutely buy it.

I will be opening a online store hopefully in September. I don't have a url yet, but I'll let you know when I do!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Radscoolian wrote:I will be opening a online store hopefully in September. I don't have a url yet, but I'll let you know when I do!

www.threadless.com/submissions

you're only hurting yourself if you take a solid idea and don't try shopping it around before selling it yourself. Unless you're starting a full personal storefront with real, quality screenprinting.

scumit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scumit
AdderXYU wrote:This shouldn't be in the fog right now.

Because it should have printed during the original derby instead of the schlock that didn't even fit the theme.

I only saw the first sentence before scrolling down and felt like fighting you :P

GMV I'm always a sucker for some good wholesome steampunk.

scumit

Re: Call me, Ishmael

Me want o.o +1

scumit

Re: Secret Admirer

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :] +1

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola

I really like the design, but I just think it would be a terrible t-shirt. Just my two cents. Either or, good luck to you.

ZombieGorilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZombieGorilla
Re: Some BBQ

Ugh... this is disgusting, vile and offensive to a wonderful children's book.

I soooo want it! GMV!

mikenytola

I'm still amazed this one didn't win the first time! GMV and a purchase for sure on this one.

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
AdderXYU wrote:www.threadless.com/submissions

you're only hurting yourself if you take a solid idea and don't try shopping it around before selling it yourself. Unless you're starting a full personal storefront with real, quality screenprinting.

I can't compete on this site, and I"ve tried some other designs on threadless that haven't worked. I think I'm a fairly competent designer, and I've come to realize that good design doesn't sell a shirt. Woot demonstrates this wonderfully every week.
I have a businessman friend who I will be working with, we are going to build a full storefront, and we are currently looking for a print shop to work with.
With any luck, I can get a customer following.

sakleehop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakleehop
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2

Dam n, it's not even the end of the first day and this terrific design has already been knocked out of the fog! If this shirt doesn't print this week - I have to believe that too many derby voters simply cannot appreciate this level artistic design. Unfortunately, both the artist and his fans pay the price for their lack of appreciation. Hopefully, things will change as the derby votes continue to be registered.

mikenytola

Had my vote last time, GMV again. I was really bummed when this one didn't win.

AdderXYU

Radscoolian wrote:I can't compete on this site, and I"ve tried some other designs on threadless that haven't worked. I think I'm a fairly competent designer, and I've come to realize that good design doesn't sell a shirt. Woot demonstrates this wonderfully every week.
I have a businessman friend who I will be working with, we are going to build a full storefront, and we are currently looking for a print shop to work with.
With any luck, I can get a customer following.

www.emptees.com

If you haven't checked them out yet, do so. Lots of hideous zombiegore nonsense, but lots of talented designers and artists who know their way around starting up a storefront. Could prove valuable.

marmls2m

quality posts: 2 Private Messages marmls2m
mikenytola wrote:I'm still amazed this one didn't win the first time! GMV and a purchase for sure on this one.

i guess im the only one who doesnt like this shirt. i dont like the color choices, i dont like the layout, i dont like the concept. i think the air shirt, steamworks, and even the booby designs make better shirts than one.

no offense travis

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
mikenytola wrote:I really like the design, but I just think it would be a terrible t-shirt. Just my two cents. Either or, good luck to you.

"Terrible" is a bit strong, no?

I'd love to wear this, personally. It's beautiful and colorful, but not too complex either. It's the kind of shirt I'd like to see more often, like infinityloop's "Rain Dance".

ZombieGorilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZombieGorilla
Ultracellodude wrote:What derby was this in? It's totally awesome, and I need one.

It was in the tattoo derby:
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=33835

mixer23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mixer23

I really want all four shirts that are currently fogged, but I gotta say, this is the one I want most!

AdderXYU

jmmbell1987 wrote:"Terrible" is a bit strong, no?

I'd love to wear this, personally. It's beautiful and colorful, but not too complex either. It's the kind of shirt I'd like to see more often, like infinityloop's "Rain Dance".

Given the sort of work Mikey normally comments on/defends, having Edgar win a derby with a beautifully done and unique piece would be a huge threat.

kerflampatree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kerflampatree

Our Movie Genre I'd buy a few of these.

Re: increased pressure

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
Re: Float On

Thanks for adding a few interesting facts in there. I was not aware. I was however aware that this design rocks just as much as the song of the same name does. My cursor just can't help floating on over to the vote button.

tenchi86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tenchi86

Great entry.

jewelwing

Re: Electric Bill and the Charges

GMV for awesome halftoning skill.

kerflampatree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kerflampatree

Isn't this a play off of the movie "City Of Lost Children"? It is if I'm not mistaken.

Re: MI 1600

marmls2m

quality posts: 2 Private Messages marmls2m

i just want you to know, drakxxxy, im pulling for you

jewelwing

Re: Up Up Up You Go

Thanks so much!

Not expecting too much on it tho. From what I remember from last time, the big hand creeps people out. Even tho that's seriously the real reason stuff can fly. The truth is sometimes too much to handle.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2

Shocked this didn't print last time...good luck this derby! Wonderful design.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
SpastasticNomadic wrote:The flow is wonderful. Colouring is perfect. And your imagery as always is excellent. GMV.

Thanks so much!

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

Back into the fog with you.

This derby is gonna be fun to watch. I just hope it ends with this and "Air" printing.

devdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devdave
Re: Brother Sun, Sister Moon

i really want this one! come on with the votes people!

devdave

Re: Whats under the bed?

what an awesome idea
a great one for any age, but a great present to give kids too! ( i have a few in mind ) you have my vote for sure!

jerroul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerroul

I am under orders to stop buying shirts - this will be an exception...

devdave

Re: People of the Sun (final)

jumbies inspired legendness.

mlovesr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mlovesr
Re: I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

Is this design referential?

mlovesr

Re: Friends With Snails

This is adorable!

maverick9six

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maverick9six
Re: Cthulhu BBQ

This shirt is AWESOME!!!!!

mcguire867

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcguire867
re: may i?

I like the idea, but the only thing that bothers me is that...well, it's a peacock...not a peahen. So it's a male penguin asking a male peacock to dance. Not that there's anything wrong with that! *Laughs* I just think it's not what the designer intended.

Cute idea, though. And peahens aren't nearly as flashy anyway.

mlovesr

Re: Blue-Footed Booby Dance of Seduction

Really sweet and cute. I hope he dances his way into the top three.

Dance, blue booby, dance!

samtark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samtark

Hey, now, what's this about the bags? Is it a shirt or bag? Now, if it's a bag, I'd like to see how it looks... woot? wootbot?

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
samtark wrote:Hey, now, what's this about the bags? Is it a shirt or bag? Now, if it's a bag, I'd like to see how it looks... woot? wootbot?

Bags are next week. This week, shirts.

DF, black's pretty much invisible on navy. You've used rather large blocks of it here, so maybe it'll show, but I wonder if you couldn't have put the extra colour to better use (assuming you're at 6 already - it's kind of hard to tell). If this prints, I'll be looking forward to seeing photos. Maybe black will turn out not to be entirely useless on navy.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)