roundidiot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roundidiot

SIN AGAINST GOD!

kidding.

love it.

bought one.

greydove

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greydove
goldfndr wrote:Nah, it's Hitachino Nest.

C'mon guys. Can't you SEE that it's Blue Moon?

thebassman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebassman

Would have bought it last night when I was up at 3am, but had to ask my wife first. She said yes, so I'm in for 1 - great shirt!!

consolecowboy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages consolecowboy

I've just about had it with all these shirts that promote the self-destructive lifestyles of animals! That owl is just begging for a heart attack, sitting around all night (and day, for that matter) with his bag o' mice. And we all know what's in those bottles! Sheesh, what's with you irresponsible people?!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
dnsgrrl wrote:Possibly a veiled reference to Tom Waits (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nighthawks_at_the_Diner ?? )

I can't be the only one that picked up on that, surely? Just couldn't let Tom Waits pass by unreferenced.

I don't see how that would be a reference. Even if he specifically said "nighthawk" - it's a real animal. The diner would have to be mentioned, I think.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

streetwalkincheetah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages streetwalkincheetah

nice design & portfolio. hopefully one day i'll be able to buy "Cryptid Poker" as well

lindab53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindab53

I didn't realize that "Boldly Going" in the current derby is this artist's as well. I like that one a lot.

flynnerdsp

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flynnerdsp

Great shirt. Nice first print. Poor owl doesn't have dtv though.

dukeplaysbass

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dukeplaysbass

He was prolly gonna go to bed but clicked across AMC and found "Guess Hoooooooot's Coming to Dinner?" Between Spencer, Kate, and Sidney there's enough legends to make even those noisy-azz blue jays stay up late......

Great design! In for one!

faughtey

quality posts: 20 Private Messages faughtey

Staff

Haiku (from things I really love)-

faughtey wrote:A full moon glowing
A river winding, flowing
A wise owl knowing.

Changed to fit this shirt-

A full moon glowing
A tv brightly showing
A wise owl knowing.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown

rmscls06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmscls06
ErikaAmerika wrote:Wow, I'm totally a night owl. I HAVE to get this shirt!

I think it's the first time I've felt compelled to buy a woot shirt right away.

Thanks and congrats, Mr. Douglass. =)

I agree Erika..totally me and a quick decision.

lindab53

Oh, scaffolding. What's not to like? In for one. Great shirt!

Slydon

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

dnsgrrl wrote:Possibly a veiled reference to Tom Waits (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nighthawks_at_the_Diner ?? )

eHalcyon wrote:I don't see how that would be a reference.

coff

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

bennydougs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bennydougs

Thanks for all the love everyone! Your comments crack me up.

eastcobbler

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eastcobbler

Love it. I gotta stop buying shirts though. Hmmm...

aldarisrain

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aldarisrain
trunkwontopen wrote:If he drank Dos Equis, then that would make him the world's most interesting owl.

stay lazy my friends

Muntoe

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Muntoe

Man, I sure wish mice came prepackaged and cut into thin slices for US to eat! Lucky owl :c

jel2301

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jel2301
Jestik wrote:-OH-

and, by the way......

would it be too much to ask to have a shirt for us "Really-Early People", whatever we're called?? I think that would be nice and considerate.

thanks a lot.

Yep, you have this one. Or, if you prefer a little more devious but slightly less relevant, this one.

But you've been around Jestik, so you knew of those. Probably just forgot because your brain hadn't turned on yet because IT WAS SO FREAKING EARLY IN THE MORNING when you got up.

Kidgoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kidgoldstein

Where's Adder's opinion? I secretly love reading them. Reminds me of the Angry Video Game Nerd... except about t-shirts and woot.

<insert something witty>

Kidgoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kidgoldstein
greydove wrote:C'mon guys. Can't you SEE that it's Blue Moon?

Where's the orange slice?

<insert something witty>

DarkRaven44

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarkRaven44

Shouldn't there be three lines across his eyes since owls have three eyelids?

mattlscc

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mattlscc

cute shirt. If I wasn't broke, I would buy it. thanks!

jel2301

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jel2301

I'm a night owl, and pretty much everyone I know knows it. So I'm in for one, and then in for another one for my wife just thought it was cute and wanted it as a nightshirt.

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale

Bounce, baby... bounce!

Autarctic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Autarctic

ordered one at 2AM this morning when I first saw it. Figured I am up everynight to check woot so I was the type of person to buy this.

and ofcourse Bag o' Mice are win

swrlyIdk3nshin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swrlyIdk3nshin

I just realized the irony of buying this shirt at 4am. ^_^

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
jel2301 wrote:Yep, you have this one. Or, if you prefer a little more devious but slightly less relevant, this one.

But you've been around Jestik, so you knew of those. Probably just forgot because your brain hadn't turned on yet because IT WAS SO FREAKING EARLY IN THE MORNING when you got up.

ha, that's exactly the problem!

thanks for the reminders - just forgot about them.

TracksAll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TracksAll

I'm a federal park ranger - and I'm here to say this owl has just adapted and evolved from watching the happenings in his current environment...the campgrounds where EVERYONE is sitting outside their RVs watching the race on TV sitting on the picnic table.

DarkRaven44

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarkRaven44

Hmm so the night owls tonight can't get this shirt cause it's sold out ironic

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
DarkRaven44 wrote:Hmm so the night owls tonight can't get this shirt cause it's sold out ironic

Which begs the question... was this shirt designed to reward the night owls who got dibs on it last night, or to teach a lesson to those who were going to grab it late tonight?

My guess is the former, since the time the new shirt gets posted is still early by night owl standards.

In all seriousness, congrats on the sellout!

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129

Great design! Very well done. And congrats on the sellout.

bennydougs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bennydougs

thanks everyone. very excited to see it sold out! Im still somewhat new to the woot, do they usually sell out on the first day?

lindab53

bennydougs wrote:thanks everyone. very excited to see it sold out! Im still somewhat new to the woot, do they usually sell out on the first day?

Not often. Congratulations! I am looking forward to wearing this shirt.

rcgul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rcgul

pleeeeeeeeease sell me one of shirts i will pay 50 bucks

Autarctic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Autarctic
lindab53 wrote:Not often. Congratulations! I am looking forward to wearing this shirt.

Yep me too can't wait to wear this shirt

fablefire

quality posts: 21 Private Messages fablefire

Grats on the sellout! =D

...and lol at the artist bio: "This is Ben Douglass’ first professional illustration job! Well done, Ben. Now be sure to visit our forums and enjoy all the people who try to convince you that you’ve committed some sin against God by picking up a pen. If you’re still drawing after that, you may just have what it takes."

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Kidgoldstein wrote:Where's Adder's opinion? I secretly love reading them. Reminds me of the Angry Video Game Nerd... except about t-shirts and woot.

My opinion is that the angry video game nerd does not have the nuance of my critiques. He is the Pabst to my craft microbrew.

Other than that, I said little because I was neither enamored nor enraged. I'm a bit shocked this had what it took to sell out, but I'm pretty even-keeled on it in general. You didn't REALLY want a boring commentary, did you?

Slydon

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

you sad owls who are awake to visit here in about thirty minutes will be pleased at what happens

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

Ldyandrea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ldyandrea

This is an awesome design! I actually had to buy two, one for me and one for my sister!