xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange

I do like the color combination though. Maybe if it wasn't so much gold as pale yellow... it might look less like uncooked spaghetti.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

pumbaa57

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pumbaa57

Three words: Call me, Ishmael.

there's nothing douchier than a signature that lists all the junk you've bought. NOBODY CARES.

psyddicus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psyddicus

I like the design but I'm not crazy about the colors

lonelypond

quality posts: 414 Private Messages lonelypond

Intricacies upon intricacies...wear it + start a religion, a futuristic post apocalyptic religion, but you'll start something none the less.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
endangeredomega wrote:Really like this one, but worry how some of the finer details will come out when it prints ...

The textures & things look fabulous on the comp, but will this be another "Season of Change" ... design that looked absolutely stunning on my screen, but lost something in translation upon printing?

I'm curious how the black will turn out on the navy. I already know for sure that black lines don't show up at all, but maybe the large areas in this design will be subtly distinguishable from the navy.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

PsychedelicBreakfast

quality posts: 9 Private Messages PsychedelicBreakfast

Kinna reminds me of Ganondorf. Only kinna though.

danmtz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danmtz

very very tempting. I like the contrasting, but like others don't know how well it will print on navy.

ornryactor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ornryactor

I was unsure, but I'm in for one. It's a little darker (thematically, not visually) than the type of thing I usually wear, but something about it is just reeeally cool. I love it.

3/23/2007 BellSouth 2-Way Wristwatch Communicator - 2 Pack
3/23/2007 SanDisk 256MB MP3/WMA Player with FM Tuner and Voice Recorder

jenopy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jenopy

is this shiny gold metal?
or bleh yellowish-orange ink?

Daveed84

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Daveed84

This one reminds me of Tyrael from Diablo II.

pumbaa57

Daveed84 wrote:This one reminds me of Tyrael from Diablo II.

Good call! I knew I thought it looked like something I'd seen before!

there's nothing douchier than a signature that lists all the junk you've bought. NOBODY CARES.

denvermax01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages denvermax01

Pretty neat shirt, not completely understanding as well..
BUT it must be something good because his other shirt.woot entry was seriously a legend in my opinion.

jenopy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jenopy

I laughed at

"CONDITION: St. Homobonus"

I now officially have the maturity of a 9 year old.

prateeko

quality posts: 70 Private Messages prateeko

Is this out of Aztec or Myan mythology? I just ask because those are the only things I can think of when I look at this shirt.

dukeplaysbass

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dukeplaysbass

Bhagavad Gita, Revelations, Truman and Oppenheimer. I damn near wooted just on the quote alone.

I'm gonna go get a drink and see if I like the design as much afterwards.

ionix

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ionix

Now this is a great shirt! I've been waiting for one of these for a while! Great design and concept.

Insert cool signature here.

Fuzzylavapenguin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Fuzzylavapenguin
arvay7 wrote:Reminds me of Siegfried from Soul Calibur.

He actually reminds me more of Zasalamel.

clepsydra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clepsydra
fraxcat wrote:Tyriel?

my thoughts exactly.

Esoteric07

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Esoteric07

Is this the angel that heralds the end of the military industrial complex?

Smaugrens

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Smaugrens
jmmbell1987 wrote:For all we know he's just two feet tall. Some size reference on the shirt (small animals, people, houses, planets, bugs) would be useful in determining how wise fighting him would be.

Size is irrelevant...have we all forgotten how tall Chucky was??

edelman

quality posts: 7 Private Messages edelman

sigh... the english major in me is not allowing me to purchase this shirt.

jjason82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjason82

I don't know what this has to do with theme and quite frankly, I don't care. I've been wanting this design on a shirt ever since I first saw it. I think a few others can join me when I say... FINALLY!

jjason82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjason82
edelman wrote:sigh... the english major in me is not allowing me to purchase this shirt.

It's a quote from a pretty famous book, mister english major. A quote from a book which was later quoted by a brilliant scientist, which has also been printed in many books. Either way, you're covered.

Merovign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Merovign

I like this shirt. I really like this shirt. But I'm not going to order it, because your size chart makes no sense to people who live in a 3-dimensional world.

Why not relate it to something like, oh, I don't know, shirt sizes. Chests don't just have a width and a height, they have a depth, too.

Interestingly enough, shirts have to fit around the circumference, not just the width. Unless you just tape it on the front. Or you're a flatlander.

Especially when you proclaim your shirts are cut differently than regular shirts, then you hide the size.

No thanks. Please consider relating your shirt sizes to something familiar, instead of assuming that humans only vary in height and width.

luca5

quality posts: 2 Private Messages luca5

i don't really get it... Are those things scythes on the right side?
Is this like supposed to represent the grim reaper in some way?

luca5

quality posts: 2 Private Messages luca5
depward wrote:Guys - his wings are scythes. Just thought I'd let you all know.

oh okay got it

Malarki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Malarki

Just bought one. It looks so... BADASS!

Vote Vote Vote!!!

dukeplaysbass

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dukeplaysbass
edelman wrote:sigh... the english major in me is not allowing me to purchase this shirt.

The philosophy major in me thinks you oughta get the twist out of your turtleneck and try reading a little Hunter S. Thompson sometime. HST turned me on to Revelations, which as about as cool a read as you'll ever find.

Sad -- you'd have thought that the eight or nine years of CCD would have done more for me than just keep me in the firing line of the Boston Archdiocese game of Hide-the-Perv.

satim19454

quality posts: 0 Private Messages satim19454

Is the background black? I cant tell

Tim its everywhere you wanna be

eHalcyon

satim19454 wrote:Is the background black? I cant tell

It's Navy. The colour is listed in Woot's product description. The "we call this colour" part gives a humourous take on the colour, but it's usually very obvious. You could also look at the top of the page, under the product condition. It says "Product: 1 Navy Woot Tee".

pumbaa57

Merovign wrote:I like this shirt. I really like this shirt. But I'm not going to order it, because your size chart makes no sense to people who live in a 3-dimensional world.

Why not relate it to something like, oh, I don't know, shirt sizes. Chests don't just have a width and a height, they have a depth, too.

Interestingly enough, shirts have to fit around the circumference, not just the width. Unless you just tape it on the front. Or you're a flatlander.

Especially when you proclaim your shirts are cut differently than regular shirts, then you hide the size.

No thanks. Please consider relating your shirt sizes to something familiar, instead of assuming that humans only vary in height and width.

Are you especially strangely built or something? I mean, it's not getting tailored for a damned suit! It's a t-shirt for crying outloud!

Let me help you; just answer these quick questions:
How many arms you got?
You got a head?
Does it have a neck attached to it?
You got a torso?
You morbidly obese?

If you answered "yes" or "no" or "2" or "1" or "0" to any of these questions, I think you're about an XL.

You're welcome.

eHalcyon

Merovign wrote:I like this shirt. I really like this shirt. But I'm not going to order it, because your size chart makes no sense to people who live in a 3-dimensional world.

Woot uses regular AA (American Apparel) shirts. The women's sizes are cut a little differently, but it's nothing out of the ordinary. If you already own some AA T-shirts, follow that. If not, you can probably get about the same size as any other T-shirts you own (for example, I wear Medium pretty much across the board).

Most people agree that AA shirts tend to run small, so you could order up one size to be safe. If you are a well-endowed woman, you may find a larger Men's size to be more comfortable. Also keep in mind that the shirts may shrink a little bit, depending on how you wash them.

You could also just go to an AA store and try on their shirts. Or just take your best stab at it.

Mrspott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mrspott
akhileshp2007 wrote:Why so emo?

in for 1..

how the hell is this emo???

lyeeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lyeeth

why does it have to be navy

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Mrspott wrote:how the hell is this emo???

oh I get how it's emo... scythes = death. emos (heart) death. ergo this shirt is emo.

allochthon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allochthon

"Warrior Archangels with flaming swords, four dudes at the cardinal points that are considered to be the most ultra-rare: let’s be honest, Christendom, you’re sitting on a gold mine."

Heh. Read "Archangel Protocol" and the sequels:
http://www.amazon.com/Archangel-Protocol-Lyda-Morehouse/dp/0451458273/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249628677&sr=8-1

Kick-ass archangels in a high science fiction setting.

bardolator

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bardolator

It took me a minute to figure out what your concern was, but I think I've got it.

1. The sizes come in three "flavors" (S, M, L, XL are men's sizes; WS, etc. are women's sizes; K are kids' sizes).

2. The width and height are for the design size as it appears on the shirt. That is, if you get a larger shirt the design is also larger (so the Jolly Green Giant doesn't have a tiny picture in the center of his chest while the Keebler elf has a design that overruns the shirt. It's proportional).

Hope this helps.

P.S. to those discussing sources--It's "Revelation," not "Revelations"! ;) (Yes, I'm an English geek....)

rainingnails

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rainingnails
Esoteric07 wrote:Is this the angel that heralds the end of the military industrial complex?

That's what I'm going to have to tell people who see me wearing it. Awesome.

eHalcyon

bardolator wrote:It took me a minute to figure out what your concern was, but I think I've got it.

1. The sizes come in three "flavors" (S, M, L, XL are men's sizes; WS, etc. are women's sizes; K are kids' sizes).

2. The width and height are for the design size as it appears on the shirt. That is, if you get a larger shirt the design is also larger (so the Jolly Green Giant doesn't have a tiny picture in the center of his chest while the Keebler elf has a design that overruns the shirt. It's proportional).

Hope this helps.

P.S. to those discussing sources--It's "Revelation," not "Revelations"! ;) (Yes, I'm an English geek....)

He or she is talking about Woot's sizing chart and the measurements which it uses, which is separate from the design size measurements given in the product description.

4farhan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 4farhan
PsychedelicBreakfast wrote:Kinna reminds me of Ganondorf. Only kinna though.

Ganondorf is far greater than a harbinger of death. He is death itself.

Thia shirt did make me make a woot account so I could get it.