joe43wv


quality posts: 14 Private Messages joe43wv
Gatzby wrote:Seattle, baby. We're going to paint this town a sort of greyish red!



Why not we do a nationwide campaign of paining ! in Woot green all across America. Who's with me?!?!??!

crowsnest


quality posts: 53 Private Messages crowsnest
Gatzby wrote:I'm the one that demanded the shrubbery. I still haven't received it.



Damn it I figured you had forgot about that.





sheesh just send the address.

@crowsnest531

Gatzby


quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
crowsnest wrote:Damn it I figured you had forgot about that.





sheesh just send the address.



Meet me in the forest. Follow the Nis!

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

crowsnest


quality posts: 53 Private Messages crowsnest
Gatzby wrote:Meet me in the forest. Follow the Nis!



Time and GPS coordinates please.

@crowsnest531

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

I'm done here.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:I'm done here.




That is not enough information.
Done in what way?

For tonight?
For the weekend?
The week?
Forever? (again)

Mad your thread is not used?

Used too much?

Not enough information.

Please report.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:That is not enough information.
Done in what way?

For tonight?
For the weekend?
The week?
Forever? (again)

Mad your thread is not used?

Used too much?

Not enough information.

Please report.



Hurry!!! Gatzby posted in the dysfunction thread!!!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Hurry!!! Gatzby posted in the dysfunction thread!!!!



You're in with the in crowd
You go where the in crowd goes
You're in with the in crowd
You know what the in crowd knows



(I tried looking up the lyrics, but they are too old, so that is how I remember it.)


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:You're in with the in crowd
You go where the in crowd goes
You're in with the in crowd
You know what the in crowd knows



(I tried looking up the lyrics, but they are too old, so that is how I remember it.)



Close enough.

But I'm not and I don't.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Close enough.

But I'm not and I don't.




Maybe you are so cool, you don't even know it.


ok that makes no sense.

But I hang around with you. .... doesn't that make me one of the uncool crowd too?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:Maybe you are so cool, you don't even know it.


ok that makes no sense.



no, no, it does make sense. thinking that you're cool would make you uncool. gman at least qualifies for coolness.

dontwantaname wrote:But I hang around with you. .... doesn't that make me one of the uncool crowd too?



or perhaps you're both cool.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:or perhaps you're both cool.




Well at least he is human

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:Well at least he is human



if you say so.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

HUMP DAY TODAY!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Not even a good morning?

What about good afternoon?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:Not even a good morning?

What about good afternoon?



I didn't have a good morning; the afternoon can only improve - now that I'm home . . . I hope.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:I didn't have a good morning; the afternoon can only improve - now that I'm home . . . I hope.



Sorry about the morning.
Hope the afternoon is better.



WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Raining


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining

Gman if you have time will you post your recipe
for stew made in a skillet, cooked in the oven.
Thank you.
Rain

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
Raining wrote:Gman if you have time will you post your recipe
for stew made in a skillet, cooked in the oven.
Thank you.
Rain



It's not really stew; it's pot roast and I don't use a skillet - I use an oven-safe 6 qt. pot with lid.

But, using the following ingredients (I wing the quantities):

- +/- 2 qts chicken stock ( enough to cover all ingredients in the pot);
- One packet pot roast seasoning;
- A 1-2 lb. pot roast (cut into large chunks if desired);
- Several red potatoes skin left on; quartered;
- Many baby carrots (I use prepackaged for ease);
- chopped onion, celery, and a few garlic cloves, if desired;

Adjust oven racks so your pot is centered in the oven and pre-heat oven to 350;

Sear the meat on all sides in the pot on the stove in real butter and season with a little salt & pepper. Do not drain juices.

Sprinkle pot roast seasoning over all the meat; stir to coat well;

Add potatoes and veggies to pot;

Add enough chicken stock to cover ingredients.

Place lid on pot.

Place covered pot on cookie sheet in oven.

Let cook until meat pulls apart with a fork.

In my experience, that's about 3 - 3 1/2 hours.


And remember - I'm a cook, not a chef!!

Your results will vary!!







Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:It's not really stew; it's pot roast and I don't use a skillet - I use an oven-safe 6 qt. pot with lid.

But, using the following ingredients (I wing the quantities):



And remember - I'm a cook, not a chef!!

Your results will vary!!




My grandmother was a great cook. Everyone loved going to her house to eat.
Although, you only got so much food. The depression never really ended in her house.

Somehow, even living in the same neighborhood, some butcher, same vegetables, even the same water.....Grandma's was fantastic.
My mom's version of the same thing was good. Mine was OK, not at all great.



WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:My grandmother was a great cook. Everyone loved going to her house to eat.
Although, you only got so much food. The depression never really ended in her house.

Somehow, even living in the same neighborhood, some butcher, same vegetables, even the same water.....Grandma's was fantastic.
My mom's version of the same thing was good. Mine was OK, not at all great.




Time, place, and people are seasonings only memory can add to a meal.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Wow. deadville again??

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
AZGman wrote:Wow. deadville again??



Or wrong wooter yakkin'.

G'night lurkers.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
AZGman wrote:Or wrong wooter yakkin'.

G'night lurkers.



Ooops, forgot I was on the dead end thread. No wonder no one was yakkin'.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Ooops, forgot I was on the dead end thread. No wonder no one was yakkin'.



Yes, we start posting here and then we delete it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Gman! Your buddy Hasselhoff is on!
I'm sure you are watching it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:Gman! Your buddy Hasselhoff is on!
I'm sure you are watching it.



Yeah; I recorded it so I can delete it without watching it.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:My grandmother was a great cook. Everyone loved going to her house to eat.
Although, you only got so much food. The depression never really ended in her house.

Somehow, even living in the same neighborhood, some butcher, same vegetables, even the same water.....Grandma's was fantastic.
My mom's version of the same thing was good. Mine was OK, not at all great.



prolly differs in use of unhealthy ingredients, like lard, butter, etc.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Time to call it a night.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
AZGman wrote:Time to call it a night.



see you tomorrow.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:prolly differs in use of unhealthy ingredients, like lard, butter, etc.



Not my grandmother. Olive oil, vegetables as the main dish most nights. Meat as a side dish 3 times a week. One glass of wine a day. Fruit for desert, unless company was over. Then you got fruit and pastries.
They lived into their 90's.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

G'night, Gracie.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

This takes a short-while to load up.

If you're a WWII history buff.

Very cool pics.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AZGman wrote:This takes a short-while to load up.

If you're a WWII history buff.

Very cool pics.



Just...Wow!

I didn't know we had anything going on in Alaska during WWII.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:Just...Wow!

I didn't know we had anything going on in Alaska during WWII.



A lot of folks don't. It was the impetus for the ALCAN Hwy.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Just...Wow!

I didn't know we had anything going on in Alaska during WWII.



You just live on the wrong side of the country. Don't worry we're used to that.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

I hate Verizon. hate them.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
kdccrosby wrote:I hate Verizon. hate them.



Do you know where you're posting?



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:Do you know where you're posting?



Yep. Congrats on Last Post Poof!

I was too busy having a hussy fit to congratulate you first.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
kdccrosby wrote:Yep. Congrats on Last Post Poof!

I was too busy having a hussy fit to congratulate you first.



Oh. //Going to look.//

Sonofagun.

I'd like to watch a hussy fit. What happened?



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."