LittleMissRachel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LittleMissRachel
no1 wrote:i'd like a little head, myself.

Scandalous!

LMR's opinions are like margaritas: intoxicating, and best taken with a bit of salt.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

It took 14 years to do Mt Rushmore, and they've been doing Crazy Horse since 1941. They are done with his head. That dude was nutso. His family is still working on it, and it'll be an incredible sight when/if they finish it, but they may never do it.

Looking at the models of Rushmore, it wasn't finished either.

But both of them are simply awesome. Rushmore is seriously amazing, and inspiring.
Crazy Horse is its equal, in a much different way.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
no1 wrote:i'd like a little head, myself.

I thought you already had two!!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Josephus

pooflady wrote:Hi Joe, didja see the new Woot site?

Are you kiddin' me?

yeah, I saw it, we'll reserve judgment.

I have taken a lot of pictures, whoever it was that asked. using my 35mm camera, hadn't used it for about 20 years. I hope it worked. I figure it has about 64 megapixel resolution, seems foolish not to use it. just can't see the pics right away.

OK, off to dinner. may be back tonight.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
AZGman wrote:I thought you already had two!!!

a little more head wouldn't hurt, i always say.

LittleMissRachel

no1 wrote:a little more head wouldn't hurt, i always say.

Agreed.

LMR's opinions are like margaritas: intoxicating, and best taken with a bit of salt.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Josephus wrote:Are you kiddin' me?

yeah, I saw it, we'll reserve judgment.

I have taken a lot of pictures, whoever it was that asked. using my 35mm camera, hadn't used it for about 20 years. I hope it worked. I figure it has about 64 megapixel resolution, seems foolish not to use it. just can't see the pics right away.

OK, off to dinner. may be back tonight.

this web page says about 24 megapixels for iso 50.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Enjoy; ciao.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
DA59 wrote:Hmph. When I go down Provative Ln, I get told I'm being gross and act my age.

by who?

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Curses. Called the doctor for m-i-l today and was told someone would call me back. That was at 3:00. I wanted to go somewhere tonight. Really annoys me.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Iceback

pooflady wrote:Curses. Called the doctor for m-i-l today and was told someone would call me back. That was at 3:00. I wanted to go somewhere tonight. Really annoys me.

I'm guessing they're closed now..

Iceback

pooflady wrote:Curses. Called the doctor for m-i-l today and was told someone would call me back. That was at 3:00. I wanted to go somewhere tonight. Really annoys me.

I hope it's nothing serious

pooflady

Iceback wrote:I hope it's nothing serious

No, it isn't, although I'd sure like to hear back because I'm leaving town Thurs. morning and my s-i-l is leaving Thurs. afternoon. We need some instructions, or, if the doc wants to see her, a faster appointment.

Iceback

pooflady wrote:No, it isn't, although I'd sure like to hear back because I'm leaving town Thurs. morning and my s-i-l is leaving Thurs. afternoon. We need some instructions, or, if the doc wants to see her, a faster appointment.

would they normally call back this late?

pooflady

Iceback wrote:would they normally call back this late?

I've been called as late as 9 before.

pooflady

Okay, I upgraded FF. Now where do I find Smilies 5?

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Evening everybody!

We FINALLY got the training class I have been pushing for approved today. AND the trainer can come next week, the week before I go to the client where I need the info.

YAY!

greeneyedgal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greeneyedgal
DA59 wrote:Or streaming radio and their soaps.

but my classroom's quiet and I need pandora to help me work!!! When the kids are back I only listen pandora 5pm and later after most people have left school and I feel like I can take up more than my fair share of bandwidth....

LittleMissRachel

greeneyedgal wrote: but my classroom's quiet and I need pandora to help me work!!! When the kids are back I only listen pandora 5pm and later after most people have left school and I feel like I can take up more than my fair share of bandwidth....

Pandora makes the work happen. It's vital.

kdccrosby

DA - did you see this?

Dog Pool Party

Josephus

voila!

kdccrosby

I've never been to Rushmore. Looks very cool! thanks for sharing pics

LittleMissRachel

Yay piccy-tures!

pooflady

Neat pictures, Joe.

kdccrosby

Watching Masters of Reception on TLC.

brings back memories and makes me glad I got out of the wedding cake business.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

greeneyedgal wrote: but my classroom's quiet and I need pandora to help me work!!! When the kids are back I only listen pandora 5pm and later after most people have left school and I feel like I can take up more than my fair share of bandwidth....

Strange thing is that the ops mgr called me a bit later to ask if I was downloading anything. I had IE windows open but nothing special going on. Her monitor showed me as the highest bandwidth user. I shut down all IE and not much help. Was running some diagnostics when I left to work on campus.

Go figure.

After hours is ok to me too. It's the middle of the day stuff that's the killer.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

kdccrosby wrote:DA - did you see this?

Dog Pool Party

Yeah, a few of the water parks around here do that at the close of the season. Fred was too old by the time we moved here. Maisy hates water. I have some friends that have gone and say it's quite fun.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kdccrosby

DA59 wrote:Yeah, a few of the water parks around here do that at the close of the season. Fred was too old by the time we moved here. Maisy hates water. I have some friends that have gone and say it's quite fun.

My dog would have hated it. She looked like she was having a seizure when she tried to swim and keep her head completely out of the water at the same time.

she would freak out in the pool, and instead of getting out at the steps, she would pull herself out at the side.

Yet - she was more than happy to stand on the first or second step of the pool, as long as no one came near her. (scared we would push her in)

ThunderThighs

Staff

kdccrosby wrote:My dog would have hated it. She looked like she was having a seizure when she tried to swim and keep her head completely out of the water at the same time.

she would freak out in the pool, and instead of getting out at the steps, she would pull herself out at the side.

Yet - she was more than happy to stand on the first or second step of the pool, as long as no one came near her. (scared we would push her in)

When she was younger, Maisy used to get in on the sunning deck of the pool (about 4" deep) and dip her tummy to cool off. Was pretty funny to watch.

Fred was a water dog. He swam laps with me sometimes in the pool in WA.

kdccrosby

DA59 wrote:When she was younger, Maisy used to get in on the sunning deck of the pool (about 4" deep) and dip her tummy to cool off. Was pretty funny to watch.

Fred was a water dog. He swam laps with me sometimes in the pool in WA.

I was disappointed Banita didn't like to swim. tried to help her, but she would literaly climb up you to get out of the water. She weighed 50 lbs - so that wasn't very comfortable. She FREAKED!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Hmmm, works in EBW.

ThunderThighs

Staff

kdccrosby wrote:I was disappointed Banita didn't like to swim. tried to help her, but she would literaly climb up you to get out of the water. She weighed 50 lbs - so that wasn't very comfortable. She FREAKED!

Fred was that way until we first threw him in the lake ... ok, pushed him in where it was a few inches deep. He loved it from then on.

kdccrosby

DA59 wrote:Hmmm, works in EBW.

you deleted yourself?

I tried throwing Banita in the pool. never worked - not in her 15 years. she hated it every time.

ThunderThighs

Staff

kdccrosby wrote:you deleted yourself?

I tried throwing Banita in the pool. never worked - not in her 15 years. she hated it every time.

Yeah, we'd put Maisy (and Trixie) in the pool and they'd swim the stairs but they hated it.

I wonder if it was different for Fred because he started in a lake where he could chase ducks & fish. And it smelled nasty.

kdccrosby

DA59 wrote:Yeah, we'd put Maisy (and Trixie) in the pool and they'd swim the stairs but they hated it.

I wonder if it was different for Fred because he started in a lake where he could chase ducks & fish. And it smelled nasty.

I tried with a small stream first. nothing ever worked.

no idea when I'll have another dog - but if it's a bigger breed it will hopefully be one that likes to swim.

ThunderThighs

Staff

kdccrosby wrote:I tried with a small stream first. nothing ever worked.

no idea when I'll have another dog - but if it's a bigger breed it will hopefully be one that likes to swim.

Fred was just a mutt dog.

kdccrosby

DA59 wrote:Fred was just a mutt dog.

so was Banita.

my mom had a full bred lab. She would 'save' us when we swam in the deep end. If we went underwater, she would dive in and bite our hair and start pulling to try to drag us out. painful

ThunderThighs

Staff

kdccrosby wrote:so was Banita.

my mom had a full bred lab. She would 'save' us when we swam in the deep end. If we went underwater, she would dive in and bite our hair and start pulling to try to drag us out. painful

Fred

kdccrosby

DA59 wrote:Fred

AWW Fred was CUTE!

I'll have to find a pic on my other computer of banita.

ThunderThighs

Staff

I am totally wiped out. Going to bed. Gnite all.

Convocation tomorrow a.m. Gag. I don't sit still well. Sigh.