pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AZGman wrote:Long weekend-type visit?

We'll be back Monday.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:We'll be back Monday.

take the cactus with you.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
no1 wrote:take the cactus with you.

Yeah! After 20 years,it's really family, too!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

LittleMissRachel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LittleMissRachel
AZGman wrote:Yeah! After 20 years,it's really family, too!!

After 20 years, the freeloader really ought to get off its pot and get a job!

LMR's opinions are like margaritas: intoxicating, and best taken with a bit of salt.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Hi folks!

Found out I have a cyst on my wrist (that pain from two weeks ago). Hey that rhymes... gonna wait and see, sez the doc.

Decided that Bud Light Lime > Miller Chill. Surprising, since I do like MGD normally. Although it's hitting my empty stomach good

Produce market was meh- lots of tomatoes and swiss chard. Did get 2 yellow watermelons out of it, and a b*ttload of heirloom tomatoes.

I feel weird- I'm on the computer posting and the wife is grilling for the fam.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Howdy all. Convocation lasted about 2.5 hours. Sitting on bleachers. Ugh. My butt still hurts.

Worked on campus all day helping one of our techs get his schools ready for classes Monday. Also got a free lunch from a sales rep!

Told son to go apply for a job at this one place. He filled out app but didn't go there to turn it in. I hollered when I got home. He got nasty. I got nastier. He's off to go deliver the app.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

LittleMissRachel

SkekTek wrote:Hi folks!

Found out I have a cyst on my wrist (that pain from two weeks ago). Hey that rhymes... gonna wait and see, sez the doc.

Awww, that's no good! At least those aren't usually anything serious.

LMR's opinions are like margaritas: intoxicating, and best taken with a bit of salt.

SkekTek

LittleMissRachel wrote:Awww, that's no good! At least those aren't usually anything serious.

Well he said there were three treatments- 1) take celebrex for 2 weeks and it might go away or stop hurting, 2) stick a needle in it and make it go away temporarily, or 3) surgically take the dang thing out.

I voted 1.

LittleMissRachel

SkekTek wrote:Well he said there were three treatments- 1) take celebrex for 2 weeks and it might go away or stop hurting, 2) stick a needle in it and make it go away temporarily, or 3) surgically take the dang thing out.

I voted 1.

That sounds like a good one to try first. =)

SkekTek

LittleMissRachel wrote:That sounds like a good one to try first. =)

Me 'n needles in hands are not friends ^_^

LittleMissRachel

SkekTek wrote:Me 'n needles in hands are not friends ^_^

Me and needles anywhere near my anything are not friends.

SkekTek

LittleMissRachel wrote:Me and needles anywhere near my anything are not friends.

I don't mind them in general, having been forced to have blood taken every two to four weeks since 1987, but hands are a definite no no to me.

ThunderThighs

Staff

SkekTek wrote:Me 'n needles in hands are not friends ^_^

How about needles in the eyeball? I've had that done.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

SkekTek

DA59 wrote:How about needles in the eyeball? I've had that done.

Wife's had that done to each eye. Said it was surreal and weird. Personally, that creeps me out less than needles in hands.

LittleMissRachel

DA59 wrote:How about needles in the eyeball? I've had that done.

I couldn't do it. Not in a million years. Not unless I was *heavily* sedated. Maybe not even then.

ThunderThighs

Staff

SkekTek wrote:Wife's had that done to each eye. Said it was surreal and weird. Personally, that creeps me out less than needles in hands.

Just one for me. Awake of course. They deaden it but you can still see it coming towards you. I thought I was gonna hurl afterwards.

SkekTek

DA59 wrote:Just one for me. Awake of course. They deaden it but you can still see it coming towards you. I thought I was gonna hurl afterwards.

One word that makes many people ookey- vitrectomy.

Does LMR have her car back yet?

ThunderThighs

Staff

SkekTek wrote:One word that makes many people ookey- vitrectomy.

Does LMR have her car back yet?

Mine ws to inject some Botox-like thing into my eye muscles to deaden them. That was the strong eye. It let the weaker eye work for about 6 weeks and then when the stronger eye started to return to focus, it tracked with the weaker eye.

Of course, I was wall-eyed on that one eye for about 6 weeks. Had great peripheral vision though.

pooflady

Since no one's here, think I'll go take a shower.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Hey everybody! This is a drive by! Last few days have been hectic. Made an offer on another condo, received counter offer, made counter counter offer and was rejected. Closed up the condo. We won't be back until Thanksgiving unless we buy something and have to go down to close. Today we drove back to NC. We made it in 6.5 hours. Tomorrow is a long white dress meeting for the Eastern Star, so I'm working on the program. I have to make 10 lbs. of potatoes into potato salad. Hubby has lost his bow tie for his tux. May wear a purple tie with a black vest! School starts Tuesday, so maybe life will calm down. Have a great evening everybody!

pooflady

joyner wrote:Hey everybody! This is a drive by! Last few days have been hectic. Made an offer on another condo, received counter offer, made counter counter offer and was rejected. Closed up the condo. We won't be back until Thanksgiving unless we buy something and have to go down to close. Today we drove back to NC. We made it in 6.5 hours. Tomorrow is a long white dress meeting for the Eastern Star, so I'm working on the program. I have to make 10 lbs. of potatoes into potato salad. Hubby has lost his bow tie for his tux. May wear a purple tie with a black vest! School starts Tuesday, so maybe life will calm down. Have a great evening everybody!

From experience, 10 pounds of potatoes makes almost 15 pounds of potato salad.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:From experience, 10 pounds of potatoes makes almost 15 pounds of potato salad.

That's a lotta potato salad!

Hi everybody. Hope everyone had a day better than mine. Wasn't horrible, I just felt irritated. which is never a good thing.

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:That's a lotta potato salad!

Hi everybody. Hope everyone had a day better than mine. Wasn't horrible, I just felt irritated. which is never a good thing.

Here, too. I've had a lot worse days than this, but this wasn't a good day.

Is AZ here? If he is, I'll make this stuff bold.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:Here, too. I've had a lot worse days than this, but this wasn't a good day.

Is AZ here? If he is, I'll make this stuff bold.

not sure. I keep forgetting to bold.

I'm a bad woot friend!

pooflady

kdccrosby

Guess everyone's busy

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:Guess everyone's busy

Or have nothing to say. No opinions on anything?

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:Or have nothing to say. No opinions on anything?

evidently not!

so Poof - is your out-of-town family visit this weekend for any special occasion?

ThunderThighs

Staff

Whew, just walked Maisy. She's been wanting to take the longer walk lately. It's hot out there. 91 right now.

ThunderThighs

Staff

How are the new smilies going Poof? I see you playing with them.

kdccrosby

DA59 wrote:Whew, just walked Maisy. She's been wanting to take the longer walk lately. It's hot out there. 91 right now.

It is hot hot hot. we had a few scattered showers today which cooled things off just a bit though

ThunderThighs

Staff

kdccrosby wrote:It is hot hot hot. we had a few scattered showers today which cooled things off just a bit though

They like to tease us with small percentages of precipitation but nothing comes of it.

kdccrosby

DA59 wrote:They like to tease us with small percentages of precipitation but nothing comes of it.

we have had several days with some rain. not enough, and very scattered. But nice when it happened!

ThunderThighs

Staff

kdccrosby wrote:we have had several days with some rain. not enough, and very scattered. But nice when it happened!

Tomorrow is 100 with a 30% chance of precip. I reading that as humid.

kdccrosby

DA59 wrote:Tomorrow is 100 with a 30% chance of precip. I reading that as humid.

yuck! At least you aren't working in schools with the A/C turned off anymore!

ThunderThighs

Staff

kdccrosby wrote:yuck! At least you aren't working in schools with the A/C turned off anymore!

TRUE! Although the one today was a bit warm even with the AC on.

I have a hang up on cleaning ball mice. I just can't stop from taking them apart to clean them. Some of them feel like you're off roading the rollers are so dirty.

I did 30 of them in the lab yesterday.

kdccrosby

DA59 wrote:TRUE! Although the one today was a bit warm even with the AC on.

I have a hang up on cleaning ball mice. I just can't stop from taking them apart to clean them. Some of them feel like you're off roading the rollers are so dirty.

I used to clean mine all the time. They don't work right when the lint gets all built up in there! And I will sit there and pick every bit of it out.

I have a laser mouse now (or whatever it's called)

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

DA59 wrote:TRUE! Although the one today was a bit warm even with the AC on.

Now you have swine flu

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs

Staff

kdccrosby wrote:I used to clean mine all the time. They don't work right when the lint gets all built up in there! And I will sit there and pick every bit of it out.

I have a laser mouse now (or whatever it's called)

With these, the humidity turns that lint to a rubber-like blob that coats the 3 wheels. I found one this summer that the rubbery lint blob covered the entire white wheel. Yuck.

We replace these with laser ones as they break or wear out.

greeneyedgal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greeneyedgal
LittleMissRachel wrote:Today, for today is a no good very bad day.

It sure was! Today sucked! I hate school technology!!!

Crazy today's suckage was so universal....