xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange

Um so... how was the derby winner announced today?

I see no bags...

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

xxchange

ObLaDiObLaDa wrote:The peanut butter looks pretty appetizing, but I'm a little worried about the jelly. What kind of jelly is bright violet?

Radioactive jelly. Most people think radiation is bright green, but it's actually purple. That's a closely-guarded secret, now; don't go spreading it willy-nilly.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

palookaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages palookaboy

woo hoo!

xxchange

Where are the dog comments? I may have simply missed them, but I'm disappointed there aren't any (that I've seen) dog lovers reminiscing over peanut butter torment's past... how you stick some PB on the roof of his mouth (or side of his nose if you can't reach) and sit back and watch him uncontrollably lick... lick... lick...

Yes, peanut butter can get very sticky.

Also, congrats to the first sucker, whose name sounds suspiciously like A JAR...

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
xxchange wrote:Um so... how was the derby winner announced today?

I see no bags...

This has already been discussed at length at the beginning of the thread...

xxchange wrote:Radioactive jelly. Most people think radiation is bright green, but it's actually purple. That's a closely-guarded secret, now; don't go spreading it willy-nilly.

I know you're just joking, but most radioactive material actually doesn't glow at all.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

xxchange

eHalcyon wrote:This has already been discussed at length at the beginning of the thread...

And, of course, you couldn't just tell me. Instead, you make me go back and read ALL the comments from before... SIGH... fine. All right. But it'll hurt me more than it'll hurt you.

eHalcyon

xxchange wrote:And, of course, you couldn't just tell me. Instead, you make me go back and read ALL the comments from before... SIGH... fine. All right. But it'll hurt me more than it'll hurt you.

It's common forum courtesy to read through a thread to avoid asking a question that has already been asked ten times. Winners were just announced here.

goblinpunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goblinpunk

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=3581903

congratulations...smack and katy

that is the real inspiration. lol

ps. sorry I couldn't get the url to link so you have to copy and paste it but it will be worth it and no it is not a rickroll

chellelee75

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chellelee75

Its peanut butter jelly time!

wessel3280

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wessel3280

I love PB&J I had one for lunch....
Although I don't agree you should sell the mix together in a jar. Big no no!!!

robertsv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robertsv
azdarkknight wrote:Hehe Im here to convert Americans, one at a time ^.^. I'm almost interested enough to goodle why it got called jelly here when its jam in the UK.

Didnt say I didnt like it, just not in sanwiches.. something about sweet on sandwiches, never liked it on toast either - now jam tarts or a blob on rice pudding, now we're talking! /end of off topic

I like the shirt actually, just could never ever see myself wearing it without looking like a prat

I believe its not necessarily a UK/US difference, but a textural one. Jelly has all seeds and flesh strained out, and jam has all the seeds and flesh left in.

PlumCr8zy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PlumCr8zy

My son's favorite food as a kid...he'll crack up when I give em this. Heck, he says pb&j is the perfect food!

PlumCr8zy

azdarkknight wrote:Hehe Im here to convert Americans, one at a time ^.^. I'm almost interested enough to goodle why it got called jelly here when its jam in the UK.

Didnt say I didnt like it, just not in sanwiches.. something about sweet on sandwiches, never liked it on toast either - now jam tarts or a blob on rice pudding, now we're talking! /end of off topic

I like the shirt actually, just could never ever see myself wearing it without looking like a prat

There is a difference in jelly and jam...jam is more fruit, jelly more sugary gel/gelatin...I prefer jam! It stays put better! LOL

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
eHalcyon wrote:But the fingers shouldn't be spread apart when snapping.

yes, but the sound doesn't happen until the fingers stop touching. Otherwise it would be called a pinch.

Watch yourself snap. When the noise sounds, your thumb comes out and your finger comes down and sometimes bounces back.

Also, it's a cartoon.

tgentry

quality posts: 109 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Congrats on the print Artulo. Got a good laugh out of me.

AdderXYU

artulo wrote:Thanks for all the great comments and especially thanks to all the folks buying shirts today. Really happy to see that it's going over well.

Yes, PB is snapping his fingers to J's groovy beats!

Goober grape is one of those ideas where it's good in theory, but when you have a sibling that is less adept with a knife, it all comes out a gooey gray mass. Back into the teleporter with you!

Much love to woot staff for selecting my design as editor's choice again! Hopefully I can make it to the party later this month and say thanks in person.

Question is - do I wear my own artwork? That's a bit egomaniacal isn't it? :D

As I recall, last time many designers wore themselves. Damn egomaniacs. Obviously, y'do what you do, tho.

I'd recommend Line Rhino, myself ;)

darkblueeyesmagician

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkblueeyesmagician
theclaytonator wrote:So...where are the bags?

The bags are for shipment. They aren't being made into shirts.

PlumCr8zy

chellelee75 wrote:Its peanut butter jelly time!

oh yeah...got that as a ringtone on my cell phone...when my son (pb&j lover) calls!

PlumCr8zy

AdderXYU wrote:yes, but the sound doesn't happen until the fingers stop touching. Otherwise it would be called a pinch.

Watch yourself snap. When the noise sounds, your thumb comes out and your finger comes down and sometimes bounces back.

Also, it's a cartoon.

That...and his hand is probably sticky from messing with the jelly! LOL

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy

Congratulations, artulo!!

eHalcyon

AdderXYU wrote:yes, but the sound doesn't happen until the fingers stop touching. Otherwise it would be called a pinch.

Also, it's a cartoon.

The snapping sound comes from the middle finger hitting the base of the thumb, which is where the motion ends. My fingers aren't spread apart.

The cartoon explanation is fine by me though.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
eHalcyon wrote:The snapping sound comes from the middle finger hitting the base of the thumb, which is where the motion ends. My fingers aren't spread apart.

The cartoon explanation is fine by me though.

According to the all-wise Wikimapediasaurus:

"Snapping (or clicking) one's fingers is the act of creating a cracking/clicking sound with one's fingers by building tension between the thumb and another (middle, index, or ring) finger, and then moving the other finger so it hits the palm of one's hand at a high speed.

The sound of the snap is created as a result of one of the fingers coming into contact with the groove between a second finger and the palm, thus forcing the air out with an audible crack which resonates in the curved shape of the palm."

I can have my index finger slightly extended or pointing smartly after the snap sound becomes audible.

And yes, it's a cartoon.

:D

eHalcyon

artulo wrote:According to the all-wise Wikimapediasaurus:

"Snapping (or clicking) one's fingers is the act of creating a cracking/clicking sound with one's fingers by building tension between the thumb and another (middle, index, or ring) finger, and then moving the other finger so it hits the palm of one's hand at a high speed.

The sound of the snap is created as a result of one of the fingers coming into contact with the groove between a second finger and the palm, thus forcing the air out with an audible crack which resonates in the curved shape of the palm."

I can have my index finger slightly extended or pointing smartly after the snap sound becomes audible.

And yes, it's a cartoon.

:D

Ha, ok, learn something new.

But I stand by my assertion that the fingers (and I mean all the fingers) will not be spread apart. I snap with middle finger and thumb, and that "groove" thing Wiki talks about is formed with my ring finger. When I'm done snapping, my index finger is indeed "pointing smartly", but the other three fingers are folded in onto the palm. I can certainly open up my hand again, but it would serve no purpose - and since sound is pretty fast, the snap certainly becomes audible before that action.

Apologies for getting hung up on this. e_e

Tana920

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tana920

Couldn't resist in for 2

ilovecoolshirts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ilovecoolshirts

Love it!

stygiania

quality posts: 6 Private Messages stygiania

This shirt seems to be popular in Colorado and Vermont. Those states have lower rates of obesity than most of the country. Coincidence?

Six Woots
Fifteen Shirt.Woots
Five Kids.Woots

arioth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arioth

Yes!!! Loved this the first time around and voted for it again last week so I'm stoked it's printing. Congrats, Artulo!

Editor's Choice weeks rocks so hard!

lindab53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindab53

Congrats Artulo. This is nice.

Woot, can we please have Aerial Wonder next?

AdderXYU

lindab53 wrote:Congrats Artulo. This is nice.

Woot, can we please have Aerial Wonder next?

I'm thinking that might be unlikely, as we've already had an editor's choice from the air derby.

I'm not too upset about this, because I love Edgars, but I also liked Aereal, and it also means my favorite of the do-over (Omnitarian's "float on") likely won't get a print either.

soldoutd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soldoutd
AdderXYU wrote:I'm thinking that might be unlikely, as we've already had an editor's choice from the air derby.

I'm not too upset about this, because I love Edgars, but I also liked Aereal, and it also means my favorite of the do-over (Omnitarian's "float on") likely won't get a print either.

I think there will be 3 other designs on editor choice, since last derby was about bag

AdderXYU

soldoutd wrote:I think there will be 3 other designs on editor choice, since last derby was about bag

except this was when "bag one" would have sold. So two more.

I still don't think they'll doubledip on derbies though within the ECs. Wouldn't mind if they did, but I don't expect it.

lostnightsoul

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lostnightsoul

Horrible stencil lettering, and a total disrespect to DJ culture.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

lostnightsoul wrote:Horrible stencil lettering, and a total disrespect to DJ culture.

OHNOES, IT'S A DISASTER!!!1!

(congratulations, artulo; I bought mine!)

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
lostnightsoul wrote:a total disrespect to DJ culture.

Congratulations: You're tonight's offended party!

AnonymousBroccoli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnonymousBroccoli

I don't even eat sandwiches, and yet I will be wearing this shirt.

AdderXYU

lostnightsoul wrote:Horrible stencil lettering, and a total disrespect to DJ culture.

I didn't know "eating glowsticks" was considered culture

lostnightsoul

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lostnightsoul

"eating glowsticks" is not DJ culture... it's part club culture but one for a few rare who are dumb enough to do that.

powernerd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages powernerd

Is the Jelly sweating?

Barninator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barninator
Kayla1092 wrote:PB doesn't have any ears or a nose, so what's holding up his glasses?

maybe...peanut butter?

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom

Argh. Like many of my favorite shirts, it looks like this one will be reckoned before I even get mine. I hate when that happens.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.