AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
andrewdombroski wrote:I cant agree with you anymore. This is a cheap t-shirt website. Why raise the price on classic shirts? The shirts we actually want to buy. No incentive? Doesnt that defeat the purpose?

This is not a cheap shirt website, though. It is a site which sells shirts. The first day price happens to be cheap. And some of the designs happen to be cheaper than dirt. But it is not a "cheap t-shirt website."

$20 for a graphic tee on American Apparel is PRETTY MUCH THE MSRP AT EVERY SITE EVER, especially after you factor shipping in.

BUT YOU WOULD ALL KNOW THIS IF YOU READ THIS THREAD

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
dekonstruct wrote:The perspective was changed on the moose mouth region. It makes it more accurate, but I was not going for accurate. It was my first derby, and when my first two submissions did poorly I said to myself, "what if I try drawing poorly?"

and of course it worked.

It was a fun derby topic too, they don't make them like they used to.

thanks, decon!

I missed it the first time around, but I was lucky enough to have just picked one up from teetrade.

lovin' it!

curb1510

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curb1510

The Madness of Miss Stereo...I have a fierce need.

Jestik

curb1510 wrote:The Madness of Miss Stereo...I have a fierce need.

I have a brand new one listed at Teetrade. Men's Medium.

Click on the link in my sig to see it. PM me here, or there, or email me at jestik @ gmail.com

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Jestik wrote:I have a brand new one listed at Teetrade. Men's Medium.

Click on the link in my sig to see it. PM me here, or there, or email me at jestik @ gmail.com

I still kick myself for not getting that one. Too fat for a medium, unfortunately, or I'd try and put in a bid for it. Definitely would like to see a redux.

Squirrelhunter70

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Squirrelhunter70

I would be the world's happiest man if "Living the Plan B" was brought back for this. It was my favorite shirt to wear, and somehow I've misplaced it, and with no way to replace it...

So a redux of that would make my life. But I suppose getting what you dream isn't really in the spirit of the shirt, now is it?

Nominate

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Nominate

Sorry, I haven't kept up with the thread, and going thru 13 pages is a hassle ... can somebody tell me if every shirt is going to be/has a chance of being reprinted?

If this goes on forever, it will obviously be slower than the rate of new shirts being printed, but I'm really looking forwards to a specific shirt (Love of Money) being reprinted, and I'm wondering of what my chances are of that happening ...? +How do they choose which shirt is to be printed again? All random?

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
Nominate wrote:Sorry, I haven't kept up with the thread, and going thru 13 pages is a hassle ... can somebody tell me if every shirt is going to be/has a chance of being reprinted?

If this goes on forever, it will obviously be slower than the rate of new shirts being printed, but I'm really looking forwards to a specific shirt (Love of Money) being reprinted, and I'm wondering of what my chances are of that happening ...? +How do they choose which shirt is to be printed again? All random?

Woot chooses what will print, and they haven't revealed their decision-making process. Could be a lengthy debate and much shouting, or it could be a dart in a board.

AdderXYU

Nominate wrote:Sorry, I haven't kept up with the thread, and going thru 13 pages is a hassle ... can somebody tell me if every shirt is going to be/has a chance of being reprinted?

I believe woot is simply choosing shirts they liked and feel deserve a shot to sell again. They've done a mix of previous successes and one-week wonders. They don't seem to care much about what the masses want. They seem to be basing this all on their own belief of quality, at least thusfar. It could just be that, much as quality control was better in the olden days of woot, the quality has to be better vicariously since they're culling from those days. Or it could be that woot really wants to show some respect for some true classic tees, not populist scaffolding. And also, to the same end, not totally unlikeable unpopular scaffolding.

Either way, "Love of Money" won't be reprinting this year, I wouldn't imagine. So there will be time enough to make theories and decode motives before we get to a point where it might. I'd say it's about even money whether it would or not, but since so far they haven't brought back a single derby tee in 5 weeks, who really knows

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ
dekonstruct wrote:The perspective was changed on the moose mouth region. It makes it more accurate, but I was not going for accurate. It was my first derby, and when my first two submissions did poorly I said to myself, "what if I try drawing poorly?"

and of course it worked.

It was a fun derby topic too, they don't make them like they used to.

you were drawing poorly before drawing poorly was cool ;)

but truthfully i love that shirt. i may have to buy another one simply cause i wear it that much, plus its a good luck charm for my hockey team in the playoffs.

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
KaylaJ wrote:you were drawing poorly before drawing poorly was cool ;)

but truthfully i love that shirt. i may have to buy another one simply cause i wear it that much, plus its a good luck charm for my hockey team in the playoffs.

heh, I guess there's a reason the bad art movement happened. If anything that shirt taught me to be true to what I was feeling, and not try fit myself into a narrow mold. It's been working so far.

jrs1980

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jrs1980
Nominate wrote:I'm really looking forwards to a specific shirt (Love of Money) being reprinted

What size are you? I've got a 3x that I only wore once or twice.

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

Nominate

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Nominate
jrs1980 wrote:What size are you? I've got a 3x that I only wore once or twice.

I'm looking for a Mens Medium. =/

Thanks for the replies, good catch on the fact that none of the shirts have been from Derbies ... failed to notice that, hmm. I guess I'd have to look for another way to get the shirt fer now.

rpm1200

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rpm1200
jrs1980 wrote:If/when you Classic ANGRY DAY, please remix thusly:

It's nice to see that teetrade is so active. I've been meaning to go through my bag of randoms and regrets and dive in over there. I'd love to snag USA 2145 and Dinosaurs That Are Communists For Some Reason. I've been here since the beginning, I just let myself get talked out of buying those by the forumites. No one can have my BATS, though.

I vote for Angry Day too, and I like the remixed version better than the original. I need it for my 3-year-old who actually says "I'm angry, Grrrrrrrrrrr" when he's angry. The original came out before Woot introduced kids' sizes.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird

I think the consensus is Angry Day!

I was in such a foul mood on Friday, I wished for an Angry Day so people would get the hint and leave me alone. That'll be my rule - when I'm wearing Angry Day, don't talk to me.

geoffreysteinman

quality posts: 7 Private Messages geoffreysteinman

must have "cake is a liar" (if anyone has it in a Men's L, let me know)

AdderXYU

geoffreysteinman wrote:must have "cake is a liar" (if anyone has it in a Men's L, let me know)

You missed it by literally a week.

I can't see when you joined, because woot is broken, but I'm pretty confident no one has sympathy for you.

prozaciswack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prozaciswack

Would love to see Discovering Technicolor again! Someone stole mine!

kizuna4me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kizuna4me

I only recently found out about this site but I am desperately on the search for the original hedgehog. Anyone know if this might be reprinted anytime soon? or just someone willing to see theirs? I already checked out teetrade.

Slarti59

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59

Hmm no one mentioned Best Thing Since.

That was one of my favorites that I really regret not buying, along with Ain't No Party Like A Boston Party and F5 Refreshes you (which sadly wasn't that popular and got reckoned right before I saw it).

I also liked the design of If Life Gives you Lemons but ended up trading it since I didn't like how bright the green was.

Horseypants

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Horseypants

It seems they are somewhat recent, but I would like the chance to buy the Steampunk Penguin, and the Nightmare Circus (with a different color other than pink.)

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
Horseypants wrote:It seems they are somewhat recent, but I would like the chance to buy the Steampunk Penguin, and the Nightmare Circus (with a different color other than pink.)

I have a XXL Steampunk Penguin I could probably be convinced to part with.

Unworn and everything.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

papawoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages papawoot

It would be great to see "Livin the Plan B" again. Hopefully, unchanged.

papawoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages papawoot
qqgask wrote:Oh my sweet infant baby Jesus Christ, -Living the Plan B.-

It came before my precious first encounter with Woot!, but I would kill and eat every single person in a hundred foot radius of me for a chance at that shirt.

haha, agreed.

Foocoustic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Foocoustic

Uranium: 92 Protons of Boom http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=6360

and

The Madness Of Miss Stereo
http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=5625

I need these!

groosalugg

quality posts: 4 Private Messages groosalugg
Foocoustic wrote:The Madness Of Miss Stereo
http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=5625

I need these!

One of these is listed at teetrade.org. Don't know what size you need, but check it out.

catadrioptic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catadrioptic

I would be interested in a few of the Sugar BSOD shirts if they are to be reprinted.

jesusbeard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jesusbeard
geoffreysteinman wrote:must have "cake is a liar" (if anyone has it in a Men's L, let me know)

That shirt was only sell for almost two years and you joined in 07, damn.

mer

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

More classic shirts now!

In the meantime, kitties:

moonrose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moonrose
Squirrelhunter70 wrote:I would be the world's happiest man if "Living the Plan B" was brought back for this.

I foolishly kept putting off ordering a Plan B and of course missed out on it, so if that one comes back I'm nabbing it for sure. Unless I miss it entirely, then I might have to go to Plan C...

dizAndyVan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dizAndyVan

whenever i try and go to the shirt.woot.com/classics page, i get routed back to today's woot

is anyone else having this problem?

BcNexus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BcNexus
dizAndyVan wrote:whenever i try and go to the shirt.woot.com/classics page, i get routed back to today's woot

is anyone else having this problem?

Yes, I have the same issue. Apparently shirt.woot! has given up on "Classics".

dizAndyVan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dizAndyVan
BcNexus wrote:Yes, I have the same issue. Apparently shirt.woot! has given up on "Classics".

darn, i was really hoping to catch F5 Refreshes you the second time around. I'd die for some of the t-shirts that were printed before i found shirt.woot

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

dizAndyVan wrote:darn, i was really hoping to catch F5 Refreshes you the second time around. I'd die for some of the t-shirts that were printed before i found shirt.woot

There are two F5 Refreshes You--in MXXXL and MM--available on teetrade.
You can find lots of other older, reckoned woot shirts on there for trade or to buy.

jizza

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jizza

is Redux/Remix Dead?

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
jizza wrote:is Redux/Remix Dead?

I'm guessing it's dead.

Any takers on a bet?

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

AdderXYU

genericsmith wrote:I'm guessing it's dead.

Any takers on a bet?

The better question is, after this long, and seeing how woot has only sunk lower and lower ever since their last redux, do we really want to know what they'd bring back?

I imagine it was stopped because of the low sales. If it comes back at all, we're just going to see the same boring shirts we all rooted for dropping off the chart come back again to sell hundreds more copies of mediocre work that never deserved to print in the first place.

I'd love to see woot prove me wrong, but how often does woot prove me wrong? That would involve caring.

Jestik

well, Joel himself stated in this post:

"fear not. We'll be back with more oldies soon."

surely Joel wouldn't lie to us, would he???

surely Joel wouldn't just leave all of us hanging without giving at least a little information, would he???

surely woot wouldn't feel compelled or obligated to give at least a little insight into what's going on, would they???

Snapster

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Snapster

I'm very proud of our work behind the scenes on a revised classics program. We will release it when it is time. It will be our most advanced technology in a magical and revolutionary concept at an unbelievable price.

Jestik

Snapster wrote:I'm very proud of our work behind the scenes on a revised classics program. We will release it when it is time. It will be our most advanced technology in a magical and revolutionary concept at an unbelievable price.

l0l... now THAT is the kind of update I was looking for!

thanks Snapster!