claudicina

quality posts: 34 Private Messages claudicina
kylemittskus wrote:This shirt is not well drawn, causing it to succeed based on it's unfunny pun and pop culture reference that is only funny to tweens.

You said exactly what I was thinking.

jjason82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjason82

Wow. I can't even begin to tell you how cancellation I find this.

Muntoe

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Muntoe
JadenKale wrote:And you're saying this, as is, qualifies as a purchase? I mean, the pun is horribly bad, and I've already commented on my opinion as to the shading/stippling. Is the text really saving the design, from your perspective?

Absolutely not! This is definitely not my type of shirt on woot! (and probably not many others' either), and honestly I don't really think anything else could save this design from being criticized...

Not even unicorns or fuzzy mammals or swirly designs.

kimmux

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kimmux

If you haven't watched Arnold in "Pumping Iron", you haven't seen him at his finest. GO GET IT!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Muntoe wrote:Absolutely not! This is definitely not my type of shirt on woot! (and probably not many others' either), and honestly I don't really think anything else could save this design from being criticized...

Not even unicorns or fuzzy mammals or swirly designs.

Awwww now I want a fuzzy unicorn riding some sort of swirly mammalian creature.

duckcake

quality posts: 44 Private Messages duckcake
isparabola wrote:I like puns.

Not this shirt though.

yeah this pun is... just no...

Hi people =þ

djthebandit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djthebandit

f@il on the I'll BRB...

Muntoe

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Muntoe
JadenKale wrote:Awwww now I want a fuzzy unicorn riding some sort of swirly mammalian creature.

In due time,I'm sure someone will haha

tjmonkey15

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tjmonkey15

IMHO, this T ain't worth the $$$. I'd rather buy a DVD with some cash from my CD, head down to NYC and meet my BFF who's in the FBI. He's been working with a CSI to track down the body of someone in the IRS, you may have seen it on the TV, maybe NBC or CBS? IIRC, ABC had a special on the SVU in DFW, where they had a similar case. Even the guy on PBS was like watch the HVS (W T H), which made me ROFLMAO so hard I knocked out my IV. Yeah, I'm in the ICU at OSU hospital because I tore my ACL. I asked the MD to check me for H1N1 and he said "I'm just a janitor," so I said AFAIK, you shouldn't be carrying around that scalpel, you crazy POS." He was like "Thx, but MYOB" and peaced out. Our Movie Genre (O M G), there's this guy in the bed next to me, keeps talking about the AARP and his 401k, then he goes on about his PC not accepting an SDHC card. I was like TTYL dude, but then he'd BRB with some crazy story about his days in WWII. I need to get out of here ASAP, PDQ, or he needs to end up in BFE. Either way, as long as I can get some R&R before I have to take my SAT. U C, I want to be a CPA, but my GPA was too low and I got no AP credit, so now I'm sort of SOL. This may sound like an SOS, but W/E, just know that your future is TBA, so learn from my mistakes. IOW, stay away from the PCP and the X, and you should be A-OK. But YMMV.

Woot from terrific Wisconsin (F T W)!!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

It's not a humor.

duckcake

quality posts: 44 Private Messages duckcake

I love how everyone in California bought one.

Hi people =þ

brknfngr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages brknfngr

Looks like the style of animation from "Samurai Jack"

rwheeler

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rwheeler
imsochady wrote:Hahah, I roflcoptered!

You mean you got to the roflchopper?

JadenKale

brknfngr wrote:Looks like the style of animation from "Samurai Jack"

Samurai Jack is much smoother and has a bit of a flow to it. This seems rather stiff and rigid, in contrast.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
JadenKale wrote:Awwww now I want a fuzzy unicorn riding some sort of swirly mammalian creature.

Does Aaaaahhhnold count as a swirly mammal?

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

ceejatec

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ceejatec

Personally I think it's pretty clever. It would have been funnier if it just said "BRB" rather than "I'll BRB", though. IMHO.

JadenKale

eHalcyon wrote:Does Aaaaahhhnold count as a swirly mammal?

No... at one point I would have said bulging and muscular... but flabby doesn't equal swirly.

hasdgfas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hasdgfas

With an extra syllable, this can't be used in an Ahnold accent and still sound good. Remove the "I'll" and it's perfect.

Schmoofy

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Schmoofy

He really has a large mouth opening...with regards to his "skin" mouth and "metal" mouth.

MigratingCoconut

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MigratingCoconut

I don't see how this shirt will help me find Sarah Connor.

Pass.

jannieb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jannieb

I WON'T BRB for this shirt!!

JadenKale

Schmoofy wrote:He really has a large mouth opening...with regards to his "skin" mouth and "metal" mouth.

To be fair to the artist, that is probably more accurate than one thinks about when they think of the human mouth. Take a look at this cross section of the human face*

*may make some squeamish.

Schmoofy

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Schmoofy
JadenKale wrote:To be fair to the artist, that is probably more accurate than one thinks about when they think of the human mouth. Take a look at this cross section of the human face*

*may make some squeamish.

Nice find, maybe I am mistaken, heh.

JadenKale

Schmoofy wrote:Nice find, maybe I am mistaken, heh.

I would have linked Harvey Dent first, but I wanted an accurate scale diagram/cross section to prove my point.

bkeokip

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bkeokip

Before you push the stupidly oversize button on this shirt, ask yourself these two questions…

Who would win in a melee grudge match to the death?

Schwarzenegger as Conan the Barbarian
or
Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze
or
Schwarzenegger as the Kindergarten Cop

Whatever happened to that baby from Junior?

kossorihana

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kossorihana
ceejatec wrote:Personally I think it's pretty clever. It would have been funnier if it just said "BRB" rather than "I'll BRB", though. IMHO.

I was coming to the forums to post nearly this comment. Glad I'm not alone!

yodal

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yodal

I love the 90s feel its like duke nukem or one of thos games i used to play as a kid. Awesomeness

janitorjulius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janitorjulius
duckcake wrote:I love how everyone in California bought one.

...and all 8 wooters in Delaware. Whiskey the foxtrot?

trunkwontopen

quality posts: 6 Private Messages trunkwontopen

Cute. Not cute enough for a t-shirt.

Here before the WootBot was.

SpastasticNomadic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpastasticNomadic

Either Arnold has a very large head or a very small shotgun. Proof of steroid use?

At least it's a pop culture reference I actually get. Congrats on the print. Not for me, though.

BobbyScar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobbyScar

ooooh I'd buy this in a hot minute if it just said "BRB"

i think "I'll BRB" is just awkward, and i think the reference is obvious either way

sirgrim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sirgrim

Good thing I decided to order yesterday's shirt at the last minute. That should hold me off for a while, this one is terrible.

Solonari

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Solonari
AdderXYU wrote:It's not a humor.

I just felt you should know not everyone missed your reference ;-)

Some artists are born. Some artists are made.

And some artists are neither. Sorry, ths shirt just doesn't cut it.

willywag

quality posts: 1 Private Messages willywag

The same joke would work with a drawing of Douglas MacArthur.

Though in both cases I think it would work better if it just said "BRB".

ribs15183

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ribs15183
SpastasticNomadic wrote:Either Arnold has a very large head or a very small shotgun. Proof of steroid use?

I like the idea and the style in general, but that shotgun and tiny hand really throws the whole thing off.

lindab53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindab53
sirgrim wrote:Good thing I decided to order yesterday's shirt at the last minute. That should hold me off for a while, this one is terrible.

I almost did that myself and now wish I had. I liked it a lot, but wasn't sure if I liked it enough. I'd be happy, I think, if I could find 1 good shirt a week to buy. This week nothing in the fog appeals to me. There are about 5 with fewer votes, though, that I'd buy without hesitation. I'm still waiting for my last purchase, Steamworks Operatica.

bennydougs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bennydougs

I have to say, I like the style of illustration and I think its pretty funny. Nice work Jesse.

phantomile

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phantomile

This would be a lot funnier if it only said "BRB".

spentfromnz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spentfromnz

Fairly cool design. It's at least as funny as the Delorian crashing into the Tardis. I'd prolly buy one if I hadn't already wooted this week.

cheryldcummings

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheryldcummings

I think this shirt is hilarious... end.