Jaiyla

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jaiyla

I am very tempted to get this, it's adorable. I'm on the fence with this.

isparabola

quality posts: 8 Private Messages isparabola
AdderXYU wrote:

Hmmm... That is a nice touch to the whole thing.

Not really a shirt I'd buy, but everything seems really thought out.

Good stuff.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
xxchange wrote:I'll never understand why he didn't make room for a TV.

And besides, since when are larks red?

Meet the Certhilauda burra.

This lark in the shirt is clearly South African.

isparabola

quality posts: 8 Private Messages isparabola
jmmbell1987 wrote:Meet the Certhilauda burra:

http://www.astrocape.org.za/nctrip/Lark_Red2434.jpg

And besides, if it wasn't a lark the pun wouldn't work.

runnjd216

quality posts: 1 Private Messages runnjd216
shantelly77 wrote:I want this but I don't want to spend ten dollars because I am THAT broke, but I want it, but I don't want to spend ten dollars, but I want it, but I don't want to spend ten dollars.....grr....someone decide for me! Please?

My advice, for what it's worth (not much): Imagine that it is five years from now. If you don't buy this shirt, will you wish you had? Probably. Do your future self a favor.

dangerhaus

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dangerhaus
homeschoolwinner wrote:He probably got that nest at Ikea

i hope not - or he'll likely find out three essential twigs are missing and backordered.

the ha is silent - i'm laughing on the inside

fivedoorsvt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fivedoorsvt

Hi Everybody!

I'm Adrian...aka FiveDoorSVT. I sent my personal info into shirt.woot...maybe they'll take a minute and update my bio on the main page.

This is only my fourth shirt entry in as many weeks. I was really excited to see i got a win!

Thanks to everybody who voted for me!

And if you can't decide on whether or not to buy a shirt, remember that for every shirt you buy, a birdollar is donated to Obitats for Ornithology.

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
Muntoe wrote:This design is cute, but it also makes me wonder how the heck a bird can draw/write out blueprints...

Anyway, congrats Mr. Five!

He didn't draw the blueprints himself, obviously. He got 'em from some loon who was hawking them outside the twig-store. And now that he sees how complicated it was, he really egrets it, but there;s no use grousing about it. His wife's quite a gull, and she'll be crowing to all the other chicks when he's finished.

ewtye

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ewtye
AdderXYU wrote:No one would get it?

You don't know ANYONE who knows what "nests" and "blueprints" are?

Yes, I realized I made my friends and family sound stupid - sorry loved ones. It's the random people who would be staring at my chest that would make it awkward to wear this shirt.

jmmbell1987

isparabola wrote:And besides, if it wasn't a lark the pun wouldn't work.

While we're on this, I'd like to point out that this shirt's title is a pun, unlike the joke in yesterday's shirt.

homeschoolwinner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages homeschoolwinner
ewtye wrote:Yes, I realized I made my friends and family sound stupid - sorry loved ones. It's the random people who would be staring at my chest that would make it awkward to wear this shirt.

Yeah, but you're gonna have people staring at your chest with almost any design. Unless you wear plain t-shirts. Who wants to do that?

Not me.

"Love is the meaning of life, Life is the meaning of love" The Rutles

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
HalfWheat wrote:He didn't draw the blueprints himself, obviously. He got 'em from some loon who was hawking them outside the twig-store. And now that he sees how complicated it was, he really egrets it, but there;s no use grousing about it. His wife's quite a gull, and she'll be crowing to all the other chicks when he's finished.

If his wife likes it that much, she shouldn't duck helping him out. One will never finish the nest as quick as toucan.

shantelly77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shantelly77
runnjd216 wrote:My advice, for what it's worth (not much): Imagine that it is five years from now. If you don't buy this shirt, will you wish you had? Probably. Do your future self a favor.

Thanks! I went ahead and bought it and I think I lit up ND. Yay!

LawLady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LawLady
shantelly77 wrote:I want this but I don't want to spend ten dollars because I am THAT broke, but I want it, but I don't want to spend ten dollars, but I want it, but I don't want to spend ten dollars.....grr....someone decide for me! Please?

Go for it!

DCno10

quality posts: 376 Private Messages DCno10
jmmbell1987 wrote:Meet the Certhilauda burra.

You're sure it's not a European swallow...I mean..lark.

dangerhaus

HalfWheat wrote:He didn't draw the blueprints himself, obviously. He got 'em from some loon who was hawking them outside the twig-store. And now that he sees how complicated it was, he really egrets it, but there;s no use grousing about it. His wife's quite a gull, and she'll be crowing to all the other chicks when he's finished.

hee hee. although the last line obliges me to say:

"That's enough", said the man waving away the buzzards. "I think it's dead now."

Still, you certainly live up to your name.

LawLady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LawLady
bluetuba wrote:I love this shirt, but what kind of bird is that?

A cute one. The designer exercised creative license on the color. If it makes you smile, it's a buy.

chefbooyadee

quality posts: 38 Private Messages chefbooyadee

As is standard with putting a DIY kit together, Wren Höek inexplicably ended up with an extra part that seemed to go nowhere.

HalfWheat

AdderXYU wrote:If his wife likes it that much, she shouldn't duck helping him out. One will never finish the nest as quick as toucan.

They're taking terns. Or maybe she went to borrow a crane from their cuckoo neighbor, Jay.

HalfWheat

dangerhaus wrote:hee hee. although the last line obliges me to say:

"That's enough", said the man waving away the buzzards. "I think it's dead now."

Still, you certainly live up to your name.

It ain't over until the woodpecker sings.

dangerhaus

ewtye wrote:Yes, I realized I made my friends and family sound stupid - sorry loved ones. It's the random people who would be staring at my chest that would make it awkward to wear this shirt.

that's because random people's impedance does not match.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
HalfWheat wrote:It ain't over until the woodpecker sings.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

galenanderson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages galenanderson

Since im off to architecture school on sunday, and i was thrilled by this derby, and i would have given this shirt a hundred votes if i could have, my only dilemma is how many to buy?

lindab53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindab53
fivedoorsvt wrote:Hi Everybody!

I'm Adrian...aka FiveDoorSVT. I sent my personal info into shirt.woot...maybe they'll take a minute and update my bio on the main page.

This is only my fourth shirt entry in as many weeks. I was really excited to see i got a win!

Thanks to everybody who voted for me!

And if you can't decide on whether or not to buy a shirt, remember that for every shirt you buy, a birdollar is donated to Obitats for Ornithology.

Congrats on the print, Adrian! As for the bio, that's pretty much the kind all the artists get.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
HalfWheat wrote:They're taking terns. Or maybe she went to borrow a crane from their cuckoo neighbor, Jay.

he's still asleep , he's a night owl.

kossorihana

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kossorihana

Is anyone else worried the design is too small? For a shirt with this amount of detail, I don't want people to have to get that close to my chest to appreciate the art.

homeschoolwinner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages homeschoolwinner
chefbooyadee wrote:As is standard with putting a DIY kit together, Wren Höek inexplicably ended up with an extra part that seemed to go nowhere.

Ren and Stimpy?

"Love is the meaning of life, Life is the meaning of love" The Rutles

andibabe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andibabe

I am really tempted on this the more I think about it. Hoping my last woot shirt shows up today so I can double-check something on sizing before I order.

Wanted to say, the blueprints reminded me of spending time with my dad building things

HalfWheat

eHalcyon wrote:

Well, on that note, I guess I'll stop warbling before someone else eggs me on.

Really, I'm done.

I wouldn't want you-owl to think I'm a raven loony. I wouldn't want to wind up in the booby hatch.

Okay. Now I'm done.

MiNiCoNaN

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MiNiCoNaN

Great shirt, I hate that I'm out of money

HalfWheat

ChefRAZ wrote:he's still asleep , he's a night owl.

...must...resist...temptation...

Ah, got it under control. Not another peep out of me tonight!

erikparsons

quality posts: 1 Private Messages erikparsons

This is a great looking shirt...

Does anyone else get Birdhouse in your Soul by They Might Be Giants stuck in your head when you see this?

MiNiCoNaN

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MiNiCoNaN
erikparsons wrote:This is a great looking shirt...

Does anyone else get Birdhouse in your Soul by They Might Be Giants stuck in your head when you see this?

I didn't until I read that post. Great song. Great song

markcrim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markcrim

Nothing against this particular shirt design, but....

LESS CUTE, PLEASE, WOOT! No more Pikachu creatures, no more cuddly cartoon animals, no more winky puns and awwwww moments.

mecos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mecos

first buy in a long long time.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

Oh the bird puns... :D

iGGz

quality posts: 7 Private Messages iGGz

Will this look weird on a shirt? Like that perspective? Something just tells me it won't look right?

i am woot's god.

You're the giant Ken Jennings head? HOW DID YOU GET OUT?

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Congrats fivedoorsvt! Really cute and clever design.

Vote!

jmmbell1987

iGGz wrote:Will this look weird on a shirt? Like that perspective? Something just tells me it won't look right?

Well, there's nothing particularly complicated depth-wise in the design. Nothing that couldn't be replicated with a pointy stick and some loose dirt. Even I, who can barely draw a straight line with a ruler, can draw a fairly convincing cube, so I don't think printing will be an issue.

intothemoooon

quality posts: 8 Private Messages intothemoooon

This must be a girl bird. Never known a man to read the assembly instructions.