KessiTheNinja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KessiTheNinja
Re: Class Time Used Effectively

That's what I do!!!=P gmv fo sho!

KessiTheNinja

Re: The Chemist

Hahahaha! That's about how my chem class went!!! At first I thought that the kid in the bottom left was drinking it XD
gmv=]

KessiTheNinja

acobjoe wrote:Crayons serve so many purposes,

Coloring
Writing
Eating

What else do you need to be ready for school?

haHA! Epic!!! gmv!

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
HalfWheat wrote:Well, THERE it is...three little thumbnails, and I could go to the site and see it as well. The post before this, I could see the thumbnail but the image at the link was blank.

Just FYI, I tried two other computers (total of four today), one of which had a fresh re-load of the OS and pretty much nothing else installed. AND I tried a wireless connection to another router that uses a different ISP, just in case it was a problem with my network firewall or my ISP. No go on any of those options.

As far as the artwork, I'm pretty sure I went to school with that kid.

I do appreciate all your work and effort to view my entry. I hope you didn't consider it a total waste of your time.

It'd be nice if Woot could do... something (?) to make it viewable to everyone. MAYBE that's part of the reason for very few votes... *shrug* I HOPE that's the reason.

*I* thought it turned out pretty excellent. At least more than 14 votes worth.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: Brainwashed

Leave it to woot to attempt to show their "objectivity" by finally rejecting a ramy design which didn't have even a snowball's chance in hell of printing. Hypocrisy at it's finest but at least consistent.

thatrobert

quality posts: 49 Private Messages thatrobert
striker138 wrote:Really? We used to have EPIC pencil wars in school.

Yup. We would never have a Husky up against a #2 as shown in this shirt though. Husky's are in the heavyweight class while #2's are middleweights.

sugareeali

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sugareeali
Re: Yak to School

Lucky...I love the fact that I can I always identify your designs. That's such a wonderful gift to have! Great job, as always. It's so nice to see your entry in the Derby each week. Keep 'em coming.

ps. Can't wait to get my bag in the mail!
(they are printing all 4, right?)

jwangphp3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwangphp3

would totally wear this! hope this makes it in the fog soon!

parrotworks

quality posts: 17 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: people on the bus

That's the thing about these derbies..I tend to have my creative break through two days too late. Go figure.

plasmablaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plasmablaster
simontsui wrote:I gave this one a long thought.

This may look "pretty different than the usual Woot style" but it's a "Communist" fist.

Search Google Images for "red fist" and "communist fist" and see how similar it is. In fact, the design may be using a stock photo of someone's fist...

I was suspicious from the get-go because I've drawn these types of fists myself, based on Google Images. And the average fist doesn't have knuckle protrusions... that is, if you're not Boris Yeltsin:

I know this isn't the image you used, but I think you photoshopped one.

The point of using the fist was to get the idea of revolution across. The fist is an image related to many revolutionary movements and times, including communism.

I don't believe there is a copyright on using the image of a fist, and the fist I used is my own. I took a picture of my own fist and traced it in Illustrator.

I don't believe this shirt should have been rejected. Is there any way to make an appeal of some sort to get it un-rejected?

Also, could someone send me a link of the "similar" shirt?

Thank you.

And thanks again for all that voted.

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=34693

jasneko

quality posts: 32 Private Messages jasneko
lindab53 wrote:Love the colors!

Great to see that... I had this particular color scheme in my head when I started... then I went a different direction... and then I came back to it. Glad you like them!

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange
imsochady wrote:I just figured she was a she.

Hahahaha.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 8 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 7 Pink, 2 Eggplant

Last 12 of 90: The Cake is a Liar Remix - Pink, Fat Unicorn Remix - Pink, Mon Petit Chou, Campicorns, I hope you brought a lot of baggies..., Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror

eurojax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eurojax
cincyben wrote:Isn't that the code for 30 guys in Contra?

It's the "Konami Code", a couple games used it. Now even websites are using it, like facebook.

siamese999

quality posts: 0 Private Messages siamese999
Re: This Be Difficult

I just love this shirt!!! I really want one of these. Well, maybe five or more of these. As a teacher who has taught math for 43 years to students from junior high through college, this shirt speaks to me and to the sentiment that so many of my struggling students have had. I just love teaching math.

Your love for illustrating your imaginative ideas really shows through. You have superior talent at taking a concept and encapsulating it into a marvelous piece of art. Kudos!

binkdrop

quality posts: 8 Private Messages binkdrop
plasmablaster wrote:The point of using the fist was to get the idea of revolution across. The fist is an image related to many revolutionary movements and times, including communism.

I don't believe there is a copyright on using the image of a fist, and the fist I used is my own. I took a picture of my own fist and traced it in Illustrator.

I don't believe this shirt should have been rejected. Is there any way to make an appeal of some sort to get it un-rejected?

Thank you.

I know these shirts are not directly similar in that they aren't using pencils, but I believe woot frequently rejects designs in derbies if other even vaguely similar shirts exist. Like, this one is mildly similar because of the fist, and this one is definitely a different style but still the same concept. I know you were going for an easily recognizable symbol of revolution, but I guess the person in charge of rejections decided that the concept was a tad too popular.

I also don't know if there is a way to appeal the rejection. I think I remember reading somewhere that if they do overturn the rejection, chances are you won't get your original submission or votes back - you would simply have to re-submit. I could be wrong in what I'm remembering about that though.

aroughnah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aroughnah

perfect t-shirt to wear as a chemistry TA
GMV

Demonbuttercup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Demonbuttercup
lunartan wrote:i think the skunk farts knocked the bunny out

LMAO
I see it now.. the whiff floating across to the bunny!
love it!
GMV! had it before then but still has it!
I <3 Owls

Demonbuttercup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Demonbuttercup
Re: Why Frogs Don't Like School...

poor lil froggy!

hijimmy5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hijimmy5

I will get to see if my chem professors have a good sense of humor with this shirt haha. GMV.

jasneko

Re: Volare

The boy in the airplane drawing is charming!
One thing - I think you have to use the grey texture when you show your shirt if this is heather grey, or you could get rejected.

jasneko

Pyro999 wrote:this is sooooooooooo adorable <3

Very cute! And I like the colors.

hijimmy5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hijimmy5
dhmarr wrote:Wow, deja vu!

Those are 4 out of the 5 crayons I routinely ran out of in elementary school(the fifth being red). The reason being that all I ever drew was ninja turtles. Typical I suppose.

Turtle Power!

breakyourcrayon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages breakyourcrayon
Re: The real reason they're the primary colors

i love this shirt!!! as my name implies...seriously i will pay for this if it doesn't get up to the top...

simontsui

quality posts: 1 Private Messages simontsui

For this shirt, I'd pay double to see it printed. GMV mos def

simontsui

quality posts: 1 Private Messages simontsui
Re: My Favorite Sub

I hate to break it to you but the text on the chalkboard will get this rejected.

JadenKale

quality posts: 186 Private Messages JadenKale
mrwednesday wrote:Leave it to woot to attempt to show their "objectivity" by finally rejecting a ramy design which didn't have even a snowball's chance in hell of printing. Hypocrisy at it's finest but at least consistent.

He knew minutes after posting it that it wouldn't fly. He removed the 'vote' tag out of his sig by the time I posted pictures from The Cat in The Hat.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik

I'm not sure the idea of art jumping from a page is the most original, but you've got my vote for the beautiful execution. Love your colors. Not sure what the previous comment re: sloppy linework was all all about; I think your lines are rather clean.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
plasmablaster wrote:The point of using the fist was to get the idea of revolution across. The fist is an image related to many revolutionary movements and times, including communism.

Thank you.

I could be wrong, but I don't think woot has rules against people using their own photos, such as this one: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=32376. You are right in that there isn't a copyright problem with an image of your own fist.

As for the similarities, well, you may be out of luck there. Woot can be picky with rejections based on similar designs, and the designs Binkdrop cited are closer than other similar rejections they've made in the past. But woot can be inconsistent too. (the non-rejection of "Listen to Your Conscience", for example)

st3r01ds

quality posts: 0 Private Messages st3r01ds

Since the image at the file host isn't working either, I'd guess that the issue is with the file itself. Maybe a .bmp that has an extension of .jpg, confusing IE (or similar issue.)

A program like Irfanview will usually debug that sort of issue, since you can see what the image type is, etc.

As for the .gif images, I can see those fine.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: This Be Difficult

Great idea and drawing boots! Take my vote, please.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: That Was a Long Time Ago

Stunning illustration as always sir. And the concept is so true. We should make one like this with traditional art supplies.

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02

This shirt is SO FULL OF WIN

eravau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eravau
Re: Fish School

I love how unique each "student" is. No lazy duplication of fishes here.

xtinaftw

quality posts: 21 Private Messages xtinaftw
sarahjean1977 wrote:I love this one.

Thanks! :D

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
Re: My Favorite Sub

Not gonna lie, when I looked at the thumbnail for this shirt, I totally thought it was gonna say "prostitute teacher" on the board. All you can see is the "stitute" part. What does that say about me...? ha ha

truffleshuffle

I love this idea! It's so simple and clever. Great work;)

truffleshuffle

I love this shirt so much!! Print print print!!

truffleshuffle

Re: Field Trip!!

I love shirts like this, where you have to look at the design multiple times to catch all the cute, clever details. Excellent work!

truffleshuffle

Re: Everything I Need

The title of this shirt is so true...I wanna go find some old coloring books now *sigh*

truffleshuffle

Re: What A Weird Dream

This is so cute. I just love that little boy