truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
Re: dunce

This is SUCH an excellent illustration. His face reminds me of Sloth from the Goonies (in a good way:P). I know, a goonies reference, big surprise from someone named Truffleshuffle. But seriously, I can just picture him yelling "Heeeey yooooou gguuuuuys!"

truffleshuffle

Re: The End Of Summer

Aaaww...today is my first day of classes, and this shirt captures all my feelings perfectly. *sigh*

truffleshuffle

Re: That Was a Long Time Ago

Gaaahh. I am so jealous of your amazing amazing drawing skills. As a senior in college though, I dunno if I could rightly wear this. I still use some of this stuff...

Michieeve

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Michieeve
truffleshuffle wrote:Not gonna lie, when I looked at the thumbnail for this shirt, I totally thought it was gonna say "prostitute teacher" on the board. All you can see is the "stitute" part. What does that say about me...? ha ha

Our Movie Genre i thought so too lol

yeah the text is gonna get this shirt rejected... but at lest its funny lol
i like prostitute teachers!

Michieeve

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Michieeve

plasmablaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plasmablaster
jmmbell1987 wrote:I could be wrong, but I don't think woot has rules against people using their own photos, such as this one: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=32376. You are right in that there isn't a copyright problem with an image of your own fist.

As for the similarities, well, you may be out of luck there. Woot can be picky with rejections based on similar designs, and the designs Binkdrop cited are closer than other similar rejections they've made in the past. But woot can be inconsistent too. (the non-rejection of "Listen to Your Conscience", for example)

Yes, I see how there are other similar designs. I guess I was going for more of a parody of those types of images. And I thought Woot allowed parodies.

If anyone knows the process I would go through to appeal the rejection, please let me know.

Thanks binkdrop and jmmbell1987 for trying to help me understand the rejection.

http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry.aspx?id=34693

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 16 Private Messages benjaminleebates
re: just concentrate... yeah right!

I tried to keep it rather androgenous.
I wanted it to be wearable for either gender.
Thanks again for all your support and kind words.

perryn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perryn

awesome illustration. this needs to be printed.

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
st3r01ds wrote:Since the image at the file host isn't working either, I'd guess that the issue is with the file itself. Maybe a .bmp that has an extension of .jpg, confusing IE (or similar issue.)

A program like Irfanview will usually debug that sort of issue, since you can see what the image type is, etc.

As for the .gif images, I can see those fine.

Well, it's unfortunate that I can't do anything to fix it. All that work making the image for it to be unviewable to most people.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

supersonic213

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supersonic213
benjaminleebates wrote:I tried to keep it rather androgenous.
I wanted it to be wearable for either gender.
Thanks again for all your support and kind words.

Absolutely works. I find myself double-checking gender every time i look at it.

And how anyone can say daydreaming is not on topic in a school derby is missing an important part of their own childhood. I find daydreams perfectly on theme with school. The silhouette makes all the difference.

The guys at the new SONIC drive-in told me to have a supersonic day. And I did!

sharnar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharnar
Re: I Don't Think This One's Dead, Teach

i love this and would wear it, its genius!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
parrotworks wrote:That's the thing about these derbies..I tend to have my creative break through two days too late. Go figure.

Doesn't matter, you can catch up easily with a good concept. This concept is great!

wootvan

quality posts: 67 Private Messages wootvan

Love it...my son had a CD with this damn song on it and it nearly drove me insane...and I could NOT get it out of my head.

wootvan

quality posts: 67 Private Messages wootvan

...of course, I'm not sure what mommies and babies are doing on a school bus.

natesings

quality posts: 0 Private Messages natesings
Re: people on the bus

This is my toddler's favorite song. Is there a way to purchase it if it doesn't make it?

karmalala

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karmalala

MUST HAVE!

parrotheads

quality posts: 0 Private Messages parrotheads
wootvan wrote:...of course, I'm not sure what mommies and babies are doing on a school bus.

And I'm pretty sure the last time you sang the song, you were on a school bus ;)

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
truffleshuffle wrote:Not gonna lie, when I looked at the thumbnail for this shirt, I totally thought it was gonna say "prostitute teacher" on the board. All you can see is the "stitute" part. What does that say about me...? ha ha

LOL! I didn't even notice the way that looked until you pointed it out.

morddu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morddu

I'd especially like this if the artwork were a little more polished. I love the concept, though!

thatrobert

quality posts: 49 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Schoolbus polo

Yup, that's the other thing we did. Half the kids would be on the bus pencil fighting while the rest were manipulating this giant mallet...

smurfette880

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smurfette880
Re: The Chemist

Our Movie Genre!!!! I'm a Chemist and I love this tshirt!!!!

unpcnook

quality posts: 9 Private Messages unpcnook

Great job... only thing it's missing is a slide rule...

-UnPC

simontsui

quality posts: 1 Private Messages simontsui
Re: Hey...wait for me!

For adding the Wayside reference, you got my vote.

raevynpheather

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raevynpheather

The only reason this shirt isnt in the fog is because the id10t hardcore woot voters vote on art and not what is wearable.

That has become a real problem with this site and it is why very few derby shirts are selling out anymore. Too many people vote for something that looks great, but no one in their right mind would wear. It may look great on the wall, but it is not something that people will wear.

The funny thing is that most of the shirts that slip through and get printed, that sell out, are the ones that were attacked the hardest on these boards by the hardcore woot feedbackers, like almost all of Ramby's shirts.

Something that may help would be giving you a number of votes equal to the number of shirts that you have purchased, and allowing you to vote more than once for a shirt with those votes. That way those that actually purchase shirts (more than one) have more influence on what gets printed, which will result in more sales.

If they implemented that system, I would put 10-20 votes on this shirt, because it is one of only about 5 or 6 shirts in the derby that are wearable, and not wall art.

schw9411

quality posts: 8 Private Messages schw9411
Re: Check Yes or No

My new wife and I met just this way. Really hoping that this shirt succeeds

bigfatredhead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigfatredhead

I would def order one

leelaaa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leelaaa

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
Re: Book it

This is awesome kris, how is it NOT in the fog? BAH!

jasneko

quality posts: 32 Private Messages jasneko
Re: What A Weird Dream

Very cute avhienda! He looks so pleased, yet determined as a super hero!

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
truffleshuffle wrote:Thank you You can't really read it on the comp, but his note says "Do you like me? yes or no" with little unchecked boxes. It's hard to keep crushes secret when people can see right through you. tehe

Haha, now that's detail You have 3 entries this week that I've found so far, two of them involving terrified children. This one involves terrifying children. What is with you lately?!?! Haha jk, I like them all!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: That Was a Long Time Ago

I think the design is amazing but the colours will not work at all. I used a much darker green on "A Wonderful Day" and it's barely, barely visible. The dark green in this design is far more subtle.

If it prints, I really hope it turns out well... but I don't think it will. =\

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

DarkHavoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DarkHavoc

This is terrible. I feel bad for those sad, little puppies,
And yet I'm still laughing. Well done.

eHalcyon

Re: The Old Bird's Got Herself A Pet

"Bird with pet human" just reminds me of Edgar's entry now. Yours has quite a different context though.

InnerSwirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InnerSwirl
Re: The real reason they're the primary colors

I love this design! It's funny and the expression on the characters faces are priceless... Thanks for sharing!

DarkHavoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DarkHavoc

I think dinosaurs are the best thing God ever created. I'd have them on all of my shirts if I could. Even the button-ups. I hope this prints.

InnerSwirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InnerSwirl
Re: I'm Outa Here

Great composition! Love the colors... Thanks for sharing...

eHalcyon

Re: Field Trip!!

Your art is always getting better, good sir! I really like the way you draw your people.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
sonny2009 wrote: but to me the lines look way to sloppy and the design seems rushed.

This does not compute. At all.

avhienda01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avhienda01
kokoroneko wrote:AWWW you mist have just posted this, its so adorable!

Thank you!

imsochady wrote:Hahah, I saw the one where he just had underwear on. What happened there?

Haha, what, what are you talking about? You didn't see anything P: Nah, I originally planned it out as that whole idea where people have dreams that they're in their classroom in their underwear, so I switched it and had the kid in his underwear, and wearing pants in his dream, lol. But then I thought , seriously, I myself wouldn't wear a shirt with a kid in his undies, so I gave the kid some pants. He was still dreaming that he was a superhero, so it still worked out .

Xanzibar wrote:Nice style.

Thanks!

truffleshuffle wrote:This is so cute. I just love that little boy

Thank you! I'm glad you like him!

jasneko wrote:Very cute avhienda! He looks so pleased, yet determined as a super hero!

Thanks jasneko!