avhienda01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avhienda01
omnitarian wrote:Ooh, lookin' good!

Thanks!

mikan36 wrote::D
Cute & Pretty! I like the diagonal placement

Thank you! I'm glad you like the placement.

sittle wrote:This is great, well drawn and uniquely designed.. GMV...

Keep up the good work!

Thank you very much!

rjpulse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rjpulse
Re: Mucha Ado About Nothing.

Very nice design...

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=35112

rjpulse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rjpulse
Re: Blues Glory

I love this design idea...

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=35112

Barnhill5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barnhill5
Re: Earth Juice

A fine submission. Love it - hope this prints!

PerpetualKid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PerpetualKid
Re: Blue Moon

...when I left to take my kid to the zoo earlier today this wasn't even close to the fog. Now here it is, bumping out two other designs that I would love to see printed. I...I...*sigh*...

This blows. No beef with the artist at all, I just think there are better designs out there. I wouldn't buy this shirt if it printed is all I'm saying. Its pretty enough, but not what I want out of this Derby.

Blah.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: The Breaks

Gorgeous!!

spotsknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spotsknight
graffd02 wrote:
Brownie points to anyone who can name where all weapons and who they come from...

GO!

They look like weapons from the AQW MMO

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Natural Blues

Pretty, sweet and cute at the same time, I really like this!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
mllemeranii wrote:I was wondering if it was just me. Glad to know it's not. Thanks!

I am simply glad I've never seen anything this hideous coming out of "similar flowers". That would be a dealbreaker.

Are people bothering to look at the terrible splotchyness at the bottom? Seriously, one more case of a "Designer" who can't design yet continually does well.

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
hookemhorns212 wrote:All of his/hers(?) designs have all looked the same to me for a long time now. Same colors, same style etc. Just growing tired of the same recycled stuff over and over again. Between my account and my husband's account I have about 15 woot shirts. Not a single Ramyb or Sekiyoku or Ramsisyokub shirt amongst them.

I can appreciate that you do not them him/her as a designer or that you dislike them, but to say they are all the same? Might want to get your eyes checked out because these do not look the same. Maybe you can find one element, but many designers have elements that are the same in a lot of their work.

Even thought I don't care for this shirt, at least it's on topic (blue moon) unlike most of the other ones in this derby.

devdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devdave
Re: Blue Orchid

you have serious skills my friend.

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
Re: Congratulations... You're a Winner!!!

Blue ribbon. Such a simple idea. This shirt is for anyone who wants to be a winner!!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
mikenytola wrote:I can appreciate that you do not them him/her as a designer or that you dislike them, but to say they are all the same? Might want to get your eyes checked out because these do not look the same. Maybe you can find one element, but many designers have elements that are the same in a lot of their work.

Even thought I don't care for this shirt, at least it's on topic (blue moon) unlike most of the other ones in this derby.

You honestly can't see similar threads in ALL of those? The first three all have the same damn fire, even.

The fact is, Ramy has never had an attractive or original idea come out of him. All arguing otherwise does is make you look like a philistine.

sonny2009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sonny2009
Re: Night of the Blue Eyed Lemurs

You can never go wrong with lemurs. Really nice tone and atmosphere with this piece.

devdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devdave
Re: BANJO BROTHERS

go you good thing! glad to see you entering! very original idea.

mikenytola

AdderXYU wrote:I am simply glad I've never seen anything this hideous coming out of "similar flowers". That would be a dealbreaker.

Are people bothering to look at the terrible splotchyness at the bottom? Seriously, one more case of a "Designer" who can't design yet continually does well.

lol at the first part of the comment.

The second part reminds me of a joke.

"My mother always warned me about taking the bus. She said there is always ONE weirdo on the bus. But I could never find him."

mikan36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikan36
elviswind wrote:y = cos (2x)

this comment = win

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2
mllemeranii wrote:Looks like chicken scratch on a shirt. DNW.

Couldn't have said it better.

that was fun while it lasted!

mikan36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikan36
Re: I want to be Blue

This needs to go back in the FoG. Immediately. ((((( I want ittttttt

likenoother

quality posts: 0 Private Messages likenoother
Re: Riding the Cosine Wave (2)

I loved this shirt! And I really want to wear one!

mikenytola

AdderXYU wrote:You honestly can't see similar threads in ALL of those? The first three all have the same damn fire, even.

The fact is, Ramy has never had an attractive or original idea come out of him. All arguing otherwise does is make you look like a philistine.

Again you neglect to read. I said maybe you could find one element. You might want to get your eyes checked as well.

So an artist can't have similar designs or a style? Not that I'm comparing artists at all here but...

Why don't you take a look at some works from Salvador Dali, Rembrandt, Da Vinci and Botticelli (and many others) and tell me you do not see any similarities. All arguing otherwise makes you look like a philistine.

jamesktran

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesktran
PensiveIntensive wrote:I like it... A lot, actually. The design is really pleasing to the eye. But I'm just not really sure what I'm looking at, and on a shirt it's probably going to be even harder for all the people looking at my shirt. I'll contemplate voting for it. Keep up the work for sure either way! :D

haha i can see what you're talking about.

my idea was that themeparks are pretty crazy and very busy looking i guess. :X
my favorite type of art is busy because each time i look at it i can find something new and it never gets too boring :P

and thanks for your comments :D

Booperelli

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Booperelli
Re: Blue Orchid

So no one's gonna come out and say it?

qdibble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qdibble
Re: Dance of the Deceased

This is definitely one of your best works. I hope this one fogs more than I've wished any other would. Beautifully blue.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
mikenytola wrote:Again you neglect to read. I said maybe you could find one element. You might want to get your eyes checked as well.

So an artist can't have similar designs or a style? Not that I'm comparing artists at all here but...
[lots of pretty paintings]

Van Gogh painting different things he saw directly in front of him at night (which, with his style, might look similar) is not remotely in the same ballpark. C'mon now, you're using landscape paintings. Of course those will look alike.

Ramyb more or less using the same templates with adjustments depending on the derby aren't at all in the same ballpark as two different Van Gogh landscapes. Likewise, you cherry picked Ramyb designs that weren't all that similar to one another. No, not every one of his designs looks like every other one. But at this point, it's easy to take most designs of his and quickly point out how he used the exact same elements in other designs of his.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Re: Since My Baby Left Me, I've been so...Uh...Line?

Wow, haven't seen a design from you in ages. I really like this one, though I wish you would've just subbed with the design printed where woot would do it, as opposed to right next to the seam.

Still, tight illustration and I like the asymmetrical tilt you gave the overall design.

mikenytola

jmmbell1987 wrote:Van Gogh painting different things he saw directly in front of him at night (which, with his style, might look similar) is not remotely in the same ballpark. C'mon now, you're using landscape paintings. Of course those will look alike.

Ramyb more or less using the same templates with adjustments depending on the derby aren't at all in the same ballpark as two different Van Gogh landscapes. Likewise, you cherry picked Ramyb designs that weren't all that similar to one another. No, not every one of his designs looks like every other one. But at this point, it's easy to take most designs of his and quickly point out how he used the exact same elements in other designs of his.

My original point to that person (not Adder) was that not all of his designs look the same. So yes it makes sense that I picked out the ones that did not and the ones that did for Van Gogh. I didn't disagree that some look the same. You basically support my point.

spanishmel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel

Lovely artwork!

mikenytola

Booperelli wrote:So no one's gonna come out and say it?

mllemeranii and Adder basically did, just with a twist of humor instead of literally saying it. ;)

ZhenXia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZhenXia
Re: Welcome to Blueland

OMGGG THIS DESIGN IS SOOO AMAZING!!! you definately got my vote!

mikenytola

This design deserves to be in the fog over the others by a landslide imo.

Booperelli

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Booperelli
mikenytola wrote:mllemeranii and Adder basically did, just with a twist of humor instead of literally saying it. ;)

Oh, I know. I threw something out there as well.

I just figured some less quippy, more blunt member would have laid it on the table by now.

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
rjpulse wrote:Thanks for all the nice comments... I appreciate all votes, and I'll be sure to check out your shirt designs if you link them to me...

Seriously? You aren't going to even look at the other designs in the derby unless people give you links to them?

mikenytola

Booperelli wrote:Oh, I know. I threw something out there as well.

I just figured some less quippy, more blunt member would have laid it on the table by now.

Well I could say that the humming bird is red... ;) ;)

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Oops!

It's not a blues brothers entry. It's not a blue jay entry. It's not even a blue moon entry. No blue except the ink and shirt. But we've all been there. Hit a ball "out of the park" and into a neighbor's window. RUN!!!! But for the window owner- major sadness. From your humble servant, Doctor SkekTek.

hookemhorns212

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hookemhorns212
mikenytola wrote:My original point to that person (not Adder) was that not all of his designs look the same. So yes it makes sense that I picked out the ones that did not and the ones that did for Van Gogh. I didn't disagree that some look the same. You basically support my point.

Van Gogh was a wonderful artist. This shirt looks like Papa's Smufs wet dream. Big difference and just my opinion. It reminds me of about 7 of his other shirts. I just think there are other artists that I would much rather see printed here.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
mikenytola wrote:My original point to that person (not Adder) was that not all of his designs look the same. So yes it makes sense that I picked out the ones that did not and the ones that did for Van Gogh. I didn't disagree that some look the same. You basically support my point.

Saying that he recycles designs he's already done is not the same as "each Ramyb design looks the same as every single other Ramyb design". You are right about that. However, it's more or less as damning a point.

Anyway, I realize why you chose the designs/painting you did. I just thought the logic behind the choices was flawed.

SkekTek

Re: A Clue?

Great design, dude. I'm glad you got those pages on the floor- they totally sell the idea. So want to wear it to the next PTA meeting....

SkekTek

Re: They're Finally Going Home

This is actually a VERY clever concept. Maybe next time put some blue accents on the abductees to clearly make them blueberries.

akanata

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akanata
Re: Dance of the Deceased

SPAZZZZ
COOL SHIRT.
MUST GET.
SPAKXXXX!!!!
[HEHE, BIG FAN OF YOURS!<3]