ChaosFox0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChaosFox0
icymallard wrote:shirts creepy enough for me

Creepy? Excellent! ...I was going for cute, though.
Creepy's better.

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
Re: yup, it's just another couch on a shirt

This would keep people guessing, ha ha. I like it:P

ChaosFox0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChaosFox0
Re: Nobody Wants to Play With Me... (Resub)

Everyone needs a beholder shirt!

truffleshuffle

Re: They Do Not Like Us

I don't know what it is, but there's just something so cute about their beady close-set eyes. I just love it

truffleshuffle

Re: The Fix

wahahahaha, I can't help but love this shirt!!

rachel1aaron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachel1aaron
Re: Bluejay Blues

Excellent illustration! I love all the detail! I almost wish they were positioned on the shirt the way they are in your comp window, with one larger & moved forward, with the bit of overlap. I think it might give it more depth, and would compliment the realism of your drawing. GMV!

truffleshuffle

Re: Blue star...

I just gotta ask...did you take your name from that Jerry Spinelli book? Cuz me likey that book...

stargirl6878

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stargirl6878

simple and cute...

sei

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sei

too cute!!!!!! I want this!

Re: Blue star...

fablefire

quality posts: 18 Private Messages fablefire
Re: I'm gonna go so fast with these shoes

"I'm gonna go so fast with these shoes"

stargirl6878

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stargirl6878
truffleshuffle wrote:I just gotta ask...did you take your name from that Jerry Spinelli book? Cuz me likey that book...

no...i've never read that book

its just cuz i like stars...heh

planeshifter2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages planeshifter2
icymallard wrote:i dont wanna jump on the bandwagon but seeing something fogged that I dont want to wear and seeing RAMYB as artist is getting tiresome.

woot needs to do something about the current voting system.

accnts with more purchases should have more voting power, or there should be a way to do a "super vote" which forces you to buy the shirt if it wins.

this would make woot better!

and also, where the hell is edgar?

You make it sound as if Ramy's shirts don't sell out all the time, which they do. There are inevitably a few people who vote for his shirts just to piss people off, just as I'm sure there are (more than) a few people who would vote for a shirt that was not his to knock one of his out of the fog, which is just as unfair. The vast majority of people voting for his shirts do indeed seem to be buying them.

BrysonReb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrysonReb
truffleshuffle wrote:I just gotta ask...did you take your name from that Jerry Spinelli book? Cuz me likey that book...

Really, you liked it? It was a good book, but it made me so angry! The main character was a horrible friend!

Nice shirt, by the way, sweet and simple!

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
yankeebird wrote:Your adherence to woot rules for designing is remarkable!

They should just rename the whole site walkingchris.woot.com and let you design everything!

I think he's simply doing a public service to woot designers, showing them as many ways as possible to get rejected in one design. All that's missing is a scatological reference.

truffleshuffle

BrysonReb wrote:Really, you liked it? It was a good book, but it made me so angry! The main character was a horrible friend!

Nice shirt, by the way, sweet and simple!

Well...the last time I read it was at least 8 years ago...so I could be remembering it better than it was ha ha.

jmmbell1987

Josephus wrote:I've given it a lot of thought, and just read this as another wishful attempt to convince everyone it's on theme. She's happy! She's a devil (horns!), and playing a happy song to dance with her pals, the damned souls who inhabit those bones! There's nothing blue in her tune, her expression, or her intent. Another fun day at the boneyard for the devil in the blue dress! Oh! it's purple!
hmm. if only she had on a blue dress.

It has the color blue in it. That pretty much seems to be the only requirement for the theme. If that's not the case in the eyes of the mods, then it's off theme and should indeed be rejected, along with about half of the other designs in the derby.

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
Re: Blue Jay Blues

Working on fixing it... Hopefully within a little while I can have a resub up.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

Devook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Devook

Excellent. The only good, original shirt in this whole bunch.

truffleshuffle

binkdrop wrote:I saw you recognized the Mucha reference. : ) I had a friend who liked his work a lot so I thought I'd try something different and go with utilizing a bit of his style. Thanks for the compliment!

Waaa! I love love love Mucha. He's totally one of my favorite guys. Great reference Her hair is absolutely beautiful. That's my favorite part. Perhaps it needs more swirls though or intricate pattern work in the background to take it that extra step.

truffleshuffle

Re: Riding the Cosine Wave

Tehe, this is very simple but I like it. It's got sort of an XKCD feel to it.

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
Re: Blue Jay Blues resub

Here's the resubmission of my Blue Jay Blues shirt. Please vote again (all 4 of you)... Please leave comments. They can only help (well, usually)

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

JakobAndPatrick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JakobAndPatrick

I am in love with this design. It's by far my favorite in the derby.

Re: Blue Orchid

themindofahaiku

quality posts: 0 Private Messages themindofahaiku

nicely done!

brieanna

quality posts: 47 Private Messages brieanna

I like my signature.

themindofahaiku

I don't know why I like this, but I do!

brieanna

quality posts: 47 Private Messages brieanna
Re: Blue Moon

I like it. I hope it prints!

I like my signature.

themindofahaiku

nice!

wjmoss

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wjmoss

YES!

sakleehop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakleehop
Re: Panik Shirt

Really!!!!!?????

animatedbox

quality posts: 2 Private Messages animatedbox
Re: Blue Moon

I think it's pretty funny that the more you guys hate on ramyb the more shirts he sells.

wootasourous

quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous
animatedbox wrote:I think it's pretty funny that the more you guys hate on ramyb the more shirts he sells.

I agree. The only reason people throw wild accusations is because he prints more often than all the artists. It's very funny actually. :D

Kiwii

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kiwii
binkdrop wrote:The lower halves of the men look very different than the top. I can only assume you used the movie poster as a reference for the top and then drew the legs yourself, so that's why it's a bit different, right?

They do look a little squaty, and Elwood's legs don't seem to match his top half, but all in all, I LOVE the idea.

nerdgod89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nerdgod89
TurboGraphx16 wrote:It's to the point where I vote for Ramyb designs every week just to push them into the fog. I love watching the board go nuts when they end up printing.

I've never found one that I wanted, and have never bought one of his/her shirts, but every week I vote for their entries, and in talking to a bunch of my buddies who are on this site as well, they do the same.

Hear Hear! My friend, I do exactly the same thing. (though, I do enjoy buy/wearing the ramy/seki shirts)

But these people are quite hilarious. Look, even this week, the Ramyb shirt has no bunnies or cute animals, and everyone either goes nuts about a) the womans left arm or b) that this is similar to another shirt he has done which as also significant for not having bunnies.

Both arguments are so petty they crack me up. People are so jealous his shirts are good, they start nitpicking the tiniest things. Hahaha, maybe if they spent more time practicing drawing and design instead of woot board posting...

~
indianwoot

bjbancroft

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjbancroft
re: a clue?

SICK! i need this shirt

TikiWahine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TikiWahine
SkekTek wrote:Hmm... there's something a bit... ODD...

about the number of fingers here

And here I thought you were going to mention the hairy palms!

jmmbell1987

I pretty much have the same issues with this design that have been voiced by others:

The hummingbird looks tacked on, and the orchid... well, it looks like an orchid. The two images are kinda bland and don't really blend that well.

jmmbell1987

I don't really see the prettiness in this design that others do. The bird is (I know I say this a lot) nondescript and kind of boring overall. The colors pop nicely, but the overall image doesn't strike me as all that wearable.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
TikiWahine wrote:And here I thought you were going to mention the hairy palms!

Inconceivable!
-torturers and swordsmen have a lot of scars.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
icymallard wrote:i dont wanna jump on the bandwagon but seeing something fogged that I dont want to wear and seeing RAMYB as artist is getting tiresome.

woot needs to do something about the current voting system.

accnts with more purchases should have more voting power, or there should be a way to do a "super vote" which forces you to buy the shirt if it wins.

this would make woot better!

and also, where the hell is edgar?

Do you think ramy fans don't already buy all his trash?

Votes need to be taken away from people, not more votes given.

therabidcow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages therabidcow
Re: I'm gonna go so fast with these shoes

I want this with just the turtle!