IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Re: Courage

Would love to see a closeup of the artwork; it looks fantastic. That black rectangle around the printable area is distracting--you should try to resub without that.

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
Re: Blue Jay Blues

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=35180

RESUBBED!!!

Vote for it! (PLEASE!)

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

IndependentVik

Re: the bluejay blues

I have a blues-loving buddy that would eat this up. Great job, blammoed: GMV.

timothydansereau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timothydansereau

Really creepy. Really.

Re: i eat babies

IndependentVik

Re: Natural Blues

Great placement, and I love the cartoony style you used to render the birds. Sort of Disney-like, but old school Disney, before it became Satan's Own Media Company.

genericsmith

Wow... Just... Wow...

I mean... WOW...

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)

IndependentVik

Re: Blue Gas Mask

You have to submit this on a woot shirt template so we can see where the art will be placed on the shirt. As it is, the entry will be rejected.

IndependentVik

Re: The worst is yet to come... for real this time

Doesn't this have to be printed on a blue shirt? The comp looks like a black shirt to me (at least on my monitor).

genericsmith

Re: Courage

Is that a picture just tweaked to blue?

genericsmith

Re: Blue Jay Blues resub

I know this will be easily overlooked with all the other similar themed shirts... But I do appreciate and welcome feedback.

IndependentVik

eHalcyon wrote:That's not fair at all. kdeuce's designs are usually very cohesive. This one instead uses two very disparate elements (to negative effect, in my opinion). It's a departure from his usual style; I don't recall seeing anything like this from him before.

Seconded. I don't really see how this is derivative of his previous work. FWIW, I kind of like the design, but now that I've seen the flower thing, I sort of can't unsee it.

Dig the bird, though.

loveengrey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loveengrey

This is really nice. Really like how it flows down. If it doesn't make it on this site, you could probably submit it to some aquarium haha.

darknomad23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darknomad23

Yo.
I really dig the design.
You should try getting this out there by other means if you dont get in on this derby, though i hope you do.

keep it up

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire

I love the style. Delicious. The orange does pop, though I would do more orange hues instead of the flesh tone. Creamsicle style maybe. The diaper is throwing me off though. I could never wear a shirt with a diaper. Just one of those things. Stuffed animal maybe? You know, like those "ugly dolls"? Or maybe a small furry creature if you wanted to keep it as live prey for the extra "disturbing factor". I hear lolkittens are tasty...

fablefire

Re: The Fix

Always loved this idea. Hope it survives the rejectionator. I'm going to wear it on those days where I fall off the wagon from my gluten free diet. =)

fablefire

Re: The Breaks

I really dig the textured, sort of painted look.

fablefire

Re: Big Blue

Lovely color palette. I think I'd prefer a less blobby use of color in the background and perhaps some finer lines and detail, like on the whale.

imsochady

quality posts: 28 Private Messages imsochady

I bet it taste like powder...baby powder!

fablefire

Re: Mucha Ado About Nothing.

Love the colors and sic linework. Digging the Mucha influence as well.

(Benny is also adorable <3 )

fablefire

Re: Blue Moon

Many kudos for drawing a seriously depressed werewolf as awesomely as you did. He's got that nice harsh lineart contrasted by such a sad face. XD

fablefire

Re: Don't cry over me.

The BG is kind of throwing me off but great perspective and nice colors. Not to mention tasty lineart again... :d

fablefire

Re: Transform My Blues with some spare change...

Hah! Very cute Optimus. =)

fablefire

Re: Why so gloomy, Little Sad Sack?

Really cute sack. Seems like he needs something to be sad about though. Actually, I could see this on a "gluten free leaps into the vacuum" kind of shirt.

fablefire

Re: Blue Green

Really tasty linework. I also love the hatch texture.

lindab53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindab53
Re: Boys in Blue

It would suck to get stopped for speeding (or anything else) while wearing this.

drainhts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drainhts
TurboGraphx16 wrote:It brings a smile to my face to know that when Adder's sitting in front of his computer, alone on a Friday night, I'm taking one shred of joy he has and making a mess of it.

You call that trolling

So sayeth Wikipedia, "In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional or disciplinary response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

So, technically, yes, that's called trolling. Your parents must be so proud.

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard

actually adder isnt trolling at all cuz hes serious. he is just saying what he believes.

thats like saying a protest against racism is trolling.

lol amirite?

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: Big Blue: Resubmission

this is my 2nd favorite shirt in the derby, behind the baby eating one.

this shirt is so GOOD

mybell

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybell
Re: You can have this back.

You hit the bullseye, I like how the heart is broken as he hands it back, with pieces missing.

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
lindab53 wrote:It would suck to get stopped for speeding (or anything else) while wearing this.

I would give this shirt to every cop I know. I am sure they would have a good sense of humor about it.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

yes, I can see how this won't offend anybody

l0l....

nbrosas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nbrosas
Re: The Old Blue Whale

Ha! This is great, love the homage to Picaso, and fits the theme super well. Haven't bought a shirt in a while, this one is definitely wearable though.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: Dance of the Deceased

completely suckz that this isn't going to print. Not that I really thought it would, but I had hoped.

And the 60 day woot-hold will put it past Halloween.

Kudos to you, Drakxxx, for not getting discouraged. You keep submitting wonderful art and superb designs. Thank you.

Is there any thought to pulling this from contention and subbing it at the Halloweek3 contest? I think you would stand a great chance over there...

ShirtwearingKait

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShirtwearingKait
re: i eat babies

Ew. This is disgusting.

ShirtwearingKait

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShirtwearingKait
Re: I'm gonna go so fast with these shoes

Adorable! i love the shirt. i dont really understand why theres another animal tho. Why not a bunny? like tortoise and the hare

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
Re: The Blues

Does Woot offer that shirt color? On second thought, I guess it just looks a little light, because of the shading effect.

HikePolska

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HikePolska
Re: Don't cry over me.

Love this, GMV.

Jamezz93

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Jamezz93

Why is everyone so critical of shirts like this? Maybe it's not your personal favorite, but you can't deny that it has artistic ability. I can't believe there's such a big fuss over ramyb's work, when just about anyone could draw a 1-dimensional video-game reference shirt relating to any given derby theme and win, but few have this level of artistic ability.

Maybe I'm here for the wrong reason, but I'm looking for shirts that are aesthetically pleasing, not humorous to a small cult of fanboys for a certain game/online joke/etc.

notruthingod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages notruthingod
Re: Blue Rose

I can't wait to wear this.
GMV for sure

carouselonmars

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carouselonmars

strange that some here would like to 'fix' the voting system. do you hear yourselves? corrupt much?

'supervotes' that 'force you to buy'? voter senority?
effin balderah.
this won't make woot, or anything else better.

the remedy for this growing complaint is simple. the winning artist should not be allowed to enter in the following derby.

it reduces the amount someone can make in a year by half, but it gives more artists a shot.

and it's better than ego-driven supervotes.