faultylogic83

quality posts: 2 Private Messages faultylogic83

Reminds me of the 'Grill to cook babies' Sears had on their website the other week.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,541221,00.html?mep

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: I'm gonna go so fast with these shoes

If the turtle had a headband you'd be in the fog.

elviswind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elviswind
Foildisc wrote:Really? cause when i saw this my first thought was of cape cod, mass.

Honestly, that was my first thought too . . . but I think Maine lobster is perhaps more famous than cape code lobster and I also noticed the outline of Maine in the background . . . . so there ya go.

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
Re: Boys in Blue

Boys in blue... and they are pigs... get it?

I had to resub, because I forgot to remove the 7th color I intended to be the shirt coming thru. Now I have 6 colors with the shirt being the 7th.

If you voted before, please vote again... and if you didn't, then what are you waiting for?

faultylogic83

This needs to print... along with Two generic suits just on display. this could be the best derby in a while

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
Re: the bluejay blues

I love the attitude you got into those birds. It's just what it should be.

wootasourous

quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous
carouselonmars wrote:strange that some here would like to 'fix' the voting system. do you hear yourselves? corrupt much?

'supervotes' that 'force you to buy'? voter senority?
effin balderah.
this won't make woot, or anything else better.

the remedy for this growing complaint is simple. the winning artist should not be allowed to enter in the following derby.

it reduces the amount someone can make in a year by half, but it gives more artists a shot.

and it's better than ego-driven supervotes.

Ramyb usually doesn't even enter every derby. Sometimes he will go a couple derbies before poping up again.

faultylogic83

i must say the turtle is cute, although throwing in the unnamed blue hedgehog seems an unnessicary ploy to get this submited into this derby.

brendecko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brendecko
Re: i eat babies

Sick...

hookemhorns212

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hookemhorns212
stargirl6878 wrote:well u are missing out...would like to see some of the shirts you actually like...

i have about 15 woot shirts myself and i am proud to say that MOST of them are ramyb designs...

as for the same colors, this is pretty far off from fiery autumn, wouldn't u say...?

Wow what an awful wardrobe....There are plenty of good artist that get printed here. What do I own?

Less Is More
From Your Sink Since 1900
Nanonauts
The Epic Begins
You Have To Try This Guys
It Was A Dark And Stormy Night...
Mon Petit Chou
One Flew Out Of The Cuckoo Clock
Noted
The Awakening
Pandora's Friends
Galaxy
It Came Out Of Nowhere

To me yes the colors are different here from the fiery autumn but both look like colors were just vomited on a shirt and happened to form shapes.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Jaiyla wrote:I adore your designs

Much thanks Jaiyla!

Vote!

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
jmmbell1987 wrote:Not updated for the '08 election?

That was my first thought. Striker, update this for the '08 election and you'd have my vote.

IndependentVik

Re: Earth Juice

Quite clever and totally wearable. As a big water-drinker, I would definitely pick one up.

SydsKid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydsKid
Re: One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish

This one is 5,000 times more wearable than the other one was (I couldn't believe that other ugly shirt won). This one is AWESOME!

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
fablefire wrote:Really cute sack. Seems like he needs something to be sad about though. Actually, I could see this on a "gluten free leaps into the vacuum" kind of shirt.

That would be funny. this sack is sad because I don't let him hang out wit his friends. One day he will learn that Father knows best.

Off to mow the yard!

binkdrop

quality posts: 8 Private Messages binkdrop
icymallard wrote:

ive been wanting to wear a damned edgar shirt for a long time since i already own RAMYB style shirts, but it never happens.

EVER.

I do believe Edgar's Air shirt was on sale as an Editor's choice during the double take derby week. So...it has happened. :p

Livnxtreem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Livnxtreem
brendecko wrote:Sick...

I second that

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
systemerror wrote:what color shirt is this on

I put it on the navy color. If it looks a little off, it might be because of the yellow and black pushing the color to green. I dunno...

Radscoolian

Katerbater wrote:Maybe they'll make it out okay...

I voted--Cool design!!

Thank you!

Radscoolian

jasneko wrote:Gorgeous!!

Why thank you Jasneko!

Radscoolian

spanishmel wrote:Lovely artwork!

Thanks Mel

striker138

Re: Blue Jay Blues resub

I like the design. I probably would have have made it smaller, and added a bit to the background. Maybe a moon since you already have the gray and white you would need. I like the music notes, and the shadow looks alright. Both add depth and fill in what would have been open space.

I personally liked the original design with the tree and the patch of darker blue in the back ground... but with a moon added and the paint roller effect more prominent than it was in the original.

Or even better, a combination of both designs. With this sitting bird in the tree, instead of the standing bird.

nerdgod89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nerdgod89
carouselonmars wrote:strange that some here would like to 'fix' the voting system. do you hear yourselves? corrupt much?

'supervotes' that 'force you to buy'? voter senority?
effin balderah.
this won't make woot, or anything else better.

the remedy for this growing complaint is simple. the winning artist should not be allowed to enter in the following derby.

it reduces the amount someone can make in a year by half, but it gives more artists a shot.

and it's better than ego-driven supervotes.

I have a solution....the artists that complain about not winning should be better...
win by playing the game according to the rules, not by re-writing rules so you can win

~
indianwoot

IncurableHumanist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IncurableHumanist
Re: The Old Blue Whale

I really hope this fogs, it's prolly my fav design in the derby

Radscoolian

homeschoolwinner wrote:This is awesome! I really need to read up on this watercolor business.

Yah, this is the first time I've tried something like this. I don't think it would print very well, but I don't think anyone has to worry about it printing at all.
It wasn't all that hard to do. I just downloaded some photoshop brushes at www.brusheezy.com, lowered the opacity and flow of my brush in photoshop, and painted in different layers with similar colors (blue, light blue etc.)
Then I changed each layer to halftones by changing the document from RGB to a bitmap using round halftone pattern at 20 dpi.
If you need more help, let me know

striker138

IndependentVik wrote:That was my first thought. Striker, update this for the '08 election and you'd have my vote.

I honestly didn't expect anyone to even vote for this one. It is just so... blah. The political map is actually the one from just before the election, as I thought that was more indicative of the way states really lean politically.

I can easily post an updated map. It only take 30 minutes to do this one from scratch, so working from this, I am sure 5 minutes tops... lol. I will post it this afternoon, as I am about to go out.

Radscoolian

Josephus wrote:gasp! why are they coming out of a giant ear?

It is allegorical, silly.

striker138

Radscoolian wrote:Yah, this is the first time I've tried something like this. I don't think it would print very well, but I don't think anyone has to worry about it printing at all.
It wasn't all that hard to do. I just downloaded some photoshop brushes at www.brusheezy.com, lowered the opacity and flow of my brush in photoshop, and painted in different layers with similar colors (blue, light blue etc.)
Then I changed each layer to halftones by changing the document from RGB to a bitmap using round halftone pattern at 20 dpi.
If you need more help, let me know

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering how you got that effect. I am always looking for new things to try, since what I am doing now is so bad... lol.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
tjost wrote:First if your argument is I typed it in Google and it didn't spit something immediatly back, then thats your own problem. Look up Cobalt Blue Tarantula and tell me what you find. Second bobble eys are not copyrighted (otherwise Geico would be in trouble with there cash stacks, along with about 2000 other characters) neither is blue fuzz, or cookies, or spiders.

Simmer down there. I was kidding.

CaboLH

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CaboLH
Re: Two generic suits just on display

Sorry, no vote from me. I do not see any artistic interpretation in this submission, just a 'live trace'.

carouselonmars

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carouselonmars
nerdgod89 wrote:I have a solution....the artists that complain about not winning should be better...
win by playing the game according to the rules, not by re-writing rules so you can win

that's not a solution, that's an opinion. and a subjective one at that.

carouselonmars

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carouselonmars
wootasourous wrote:Ramyb usually doesn't even enter every derby. Sometimes he will go a couple derbies before poping up again.

understood. not every artist has an entry for every derby.

a welcome loop-hole.

davidfromdallas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages davidfromdallas
Re: 159 Sad Shapes

okay. maybe more like 163.

IndependentVik

striker138 wrote:I honestly didn't expect anyone to even vote for this one. It is just so... blah. The political map is actually the one from just before the election, as I thought that was more indicative of the way states really lean politically.

I hear you, but as soon as I noticed my home state (VA) was missing, I was bummed. The fact that we went blue last time was a historic thing for us.

Anyhoo, I know your chances of printing are slim, but thanks for thinking about resubbing

nerdgod89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nerdgod89
carouselonmars wrote:that's not a solution, that's an opinion. and a subjective one at that.

Sorry, should have phrased it better.

The losing artists should stop trying to beat ramyb by complaining he beats them too often, and instead, practice more to win head-to-head in the derby.

~
indianwoot

studio1172

Re: The Old Blue Whale

1. This is awesome!
2. I didn't realize that it was you Jewel.
3. Picasso should have studied you. I might have liked him better.

Hope all is well in The Forest.

and 4. GMV

studio1172

Re: Deep Blue Sea

This is A to the WESOME!

Why, why, why is this design not higher up with more votes?! Hopefully, you will get a HM it it does not move up faster!

studio1172

Re: Housebreaking Blues (version one!)

Awww . . . little Blue dropped his "soft serve."

DarkRaven44

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarkRaven44
Re: i eat babies

Personally I am more offended by the blue balls shirt than this I really want this shirt it just projects my hate for children to the world I love it

TomW

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TomW
Re: Lost in those cold, blue eyes

Don't stare too deeply into those cold blue eyes, or you might get sucked in and lost forever.

Once you're in, how to get out? A rocket can take you part of the way, then you have to switch to a submarine (look out for giant jellyfish), and finally trek on foot across a snowy wasteland.

It's a trial...