animatedbox


quality posts: 2 Private Messages animatedbox
Re: The Group...



I'm beginning to suspect that the woot staff hasn't actually read the rules for this derby yet.

stingray69


quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: Either I have the blues, or my kidney is missing.



This might just be me, but the kidney looks like a beret. I wouldn't have noticed it without the moustache which makes Mr. Blue look French and in need of a beret. Then I realized the kidney looks like a beret. If that is intended, then I stand in awe. If it's just a happy coincidence, then I still like the shirt.

stingray69


quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: Blue Moon



I think he's sad because he keeps ruining his shirt.woots. Dude, wear a crappy shirt when the moon is full! Or don't wear one at all.

Acorns


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Acorns
Re: I love my new blue suede shoes



Sadly, I must agree that this just doesn't work anymore.

Perhaps it would work better the other way around: Sonic without his shoes has now lost his blue color but is now blue because he's slow. You can make him a couch potatoe while you're at it

albinoapple


quality posts: 2 Private Messages albinoapple
Re: Blue Moon



I like this shirt. I think it's pretty. I am slightly appreciative that ramy's designs for the past two weeks (maybe 3?) haven't been bunnies.

wootasourous


quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous
lindab53 wrote:Ugh. And we've already had that idea this derby.



Post the link to the one your seem to find similar please! If you are going to accuse, back it with evidence. :D

wootasourous


quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous
BaldBob007 wrote:It is very true that Ramy and Seki have a winning mindset. They pander to the masses. In doing so, they are not creating "art"; they are creating a "product". Do they have talent? Absolutely, they are able to manipulate pixels in a way that I can only dream about at this stage.

People keep saying that the majority of complaining is due to jealousy. And that is true; but not for the reason they think. We are not jealous of the wins and the money they receive. We are jealous for artistic integrity and woot's guidelines. It raises ire when these are consistently ignored, and yet the offenders are rewarded.

You are trying to tell us to follow their example? That's telling us to stop being artists and sell out.

There are many real artists with integrity that I respect in this community. I value the constructive criticism I receive from them. I'll keep doing what I do, and try to grow as an artist. If I don't make money, that's fine, at least I'll feel good about myself.



I'm not saying we should all follow their example, sorry if that is what you got from what I wrote.

The point that I was trying to push across, is the fact that anyone who does something and wants to win, is going to try to compel most of the crowd to like their design.

Not saying to follow what Ramyb and Seki do, all I'm saying is that they do something that works, and people who complain about their designs not winning should find something that works better for them.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
wootasourous wrote:I'm not saying we should all follow their example, sorry if that is what you got from what I wrote.

The point that I was trying to push across, is the fact that anyone who does something and wants to win, is going to try to compel most of the crowd to like their design.

Not saying to follow what Ramyb and Seki do, all I'm saying is that they do something that works, and people who complain about their designs not winning should find something that works better for them.



But they ARE trying to compel most of the crowd to like their design. By making excellent designs. See, that's how most people try to work a crowd. Do what you do to the level you can do it, and then hope it resonates. If you have high skill, which many of the most common losers here do, that seems like it should be the best way to work the audience.

Since that is not working, your recommendation comes down to "pander to a bunch of people who don't know their arts from their elbow"

wootasourous


quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous
Re: That's no screensaver



But anyways, I like this ramyb. I know how that guy feels, because the blue screen of death can be unavoidable sometimes, and it feels like it is going to kill you. Love it, and as always GMV.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
wootasourous wrote:But anyways, I like this ramyb. I know how that guy feels, because the blue screen of death can be unavoidable sometimes, and it feels like it is going to kill you. Love it, and as always GMV.



It rather detriments your other arguments when you state you "always" give Ramy your vote. It shows you are arguing to protect him and his horrible designs, not to honestly aid any real designers.

rudyrudell


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rudyrudell
Re: Deep Blue Sea



all i can say is



ooooooooooooooo

Deflit


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deflit
AdderXYU wrote:It is not ridiculous. It is off theme...

... I think it's appropriate that seki is among the first, given all the times she has flaunted her total lack of respect for theme. So while I agree with your commentary that more needs to go, I fully disagree that this should stay. There is only one "designer" who comes remotely close when it comes to off theme designs that stick around, and it is her boyfriend...

... No one with any true investment in this site wants to see more of this win.



Your bias feelings toward the artist and her boyfriend are weak. Everyone knows you hate on them no matter how different they are each week. You can't even say that they've done the exact same designs every time. It's like saying other artists do the "same design each derby" because they follow their own distinct "style."

Unlike the other entries that could allegedly be called off-theme that they have made, this one is not. The rules clearly stated it only had to deal with the color blue, or any type of blue(sadness, music, television characters) thus making it a very broad theme this week.

This entry had a blue bird in it. That's all it needed to be on-topic this week. Nothing else. if it needed more then the theme wasn't clearly stated at all.

Blame the theme for its wording being too broad, not this entry for being off-topic. It definitely is not.

Rejectionator should go through the rest of the entries that have only to do with a blue object and reject them as well, otherwise it just conformed to the vocal minority in taking this artist down from near the top. The only entry in the fog right now that's a play on the word "blue" is the Blue's Clues one. The other three should be rejected as well if this one was. Among the rest of them.

twalter87


quality posts: 0 Private Messages twalter87
Re: Depressed? Have a Cupcake.



I agree... Got my vote!

____________________________________________

wootasourous


quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous
AdderXYU wrote:It rather detriments your other arguments when you state you "always" give Ramy your vote. It shows you are arguing to protect him and his horrible designs, not to honestly aid any real designers.



So what if I give my vote to Ramyb every entry that he does? I give many artists my vote because I consistently like their designs.

I'm just complimenting what I like about it, and that's it.

twalter87


quality posts: 0 Private Messages twalter87
Re: Peace of Blue



I dig it... Got my vote!

____________________________________________

mopsie2002


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mopsie2002
Re: Color to your world



Sadness, I loved this one!

Oregonian through and through <3...even if I call North Carolina my home now.

wootasourous


quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous
AdderXYU wrote:But they ARE trying to compel most of the crowd to like their design. By making excellent designs. See, that's how most people try to work a crowd. Do what you do to the level you can do it, and then hope it resonates. If you have high skill, which many of the most common losers here do, that seems like it should be the best way to work the audience.

Since that is not working, your recommendation comes down to "pander to a bunch of people who don't know their arts from their elbow"



Maybe you think they are excellent designs. But you are just one vote in the whole derby. They could honestly care less about what you think.

What you say has no impact every week on their designs. As much as you hate Ramyb and Seki, nothing is going to change. I don't even know why you try anymore to Mitchell about their designs every week.

It got old months ago, and now it's just damn annoying.

As for the other artists, yes they do create good designs, but for the most part, they are better canvas prints than shirt prints. I do like their designs, but they just don't seem like a shirt to me, and that is the reason they probably don't get the votes that Ramyb and Seki get, because they do make wearable shirts, to most of the voters. Now as for the vocal people on the forums. They dislike them, but your concept of a good shirt seems to be on the other page than what everyone else who is voting likes.

mopsie2002


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mopsie2002
Re: Blue Moon



Totally love this one, hope it wins!! I *certainly* hope it's top three so I can buy it!

Oregonian through and through <3...even if I call North Carolina my home now.

stingray69


quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: Blues Glory



Nice coloring on this. Well, I guess it's just all blue, but I think it's done well. I would like it a lot better, though, if it didn't have the staff or musical instruments. Just the phonograph and the notes pouring out works for me. Also, you might be outside the printable area.

Link218


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Link218
Re: Panik Shirt



wow... just wow

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Deflit wrote:Your bias feelings toward the artist and her boyfriend are weak. Everyone knows you hate on them no matter how different they are each week. You can't even say that they've done the exact same designs each week. It's like saying other artists do the "same design each week" because they follow their own distinct "style."

Unlike the other entries that could allegedly be called off-theme that they have made, this one is not. The rules clearly stated it only had to deal with the color blue, or any type of blue(sadness, music, television characters) thus making it a very broad theme this week.

This entry had a blue bird in it. That's all it needed to be on-topic this week. Nothing else. if it needed more then the theme wasn't clearly stated at all.

Blame the theme for its wording being too broad, not this entry for being off-topic. It definitely is not.

Rejectionator should go through the rest of the entries that have only to do with a blue object and reject them as well, otherwise it just conformed to the vocal minority in taking this artist down from near the top. The only entry in the fog right now that's a play on the word "blue" is the Blue's Clues one. The other three should be rejected as well if this one was. Among the rest of them.



I don't disagree with your last paragraph.

I do disagree with all the other ignorant bias you're giving off. I am not biased against anyone unless they continually bring horrible work, uncreative work, and unthematic work to the derby. This person does this every week she enters.

The rules are clear. the shirt must be ABOUT blue. This is about a bird hatching. Not a bluebird. Not a blue jay. Just some bird. There are lots of things here which are not about blue, as well, and this is the fault of the designers and non-designers-who-enter-anyway. But this should have been rejected. You could change the color and have the same exact entry. To me, that states it is not about blue at all. Any entry on theme should be unable to work without its relative blue usage. Or else it is not about blue.

The idea of being about blue the color is to mean to create a design which pays homage to the color. Not just anything that uses the color.

squirrelfry


quality posts: 0 Private Messages squirrelfry

THREE LEMUR MOON!

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
wootasourous wrote:Maybe you think they are excellent designs. But you are just one vote in the whole derby. They could honestly care less about what you think.

What you say has no impact every week on their designs. As much as you hate Ramyb and Seki, nothing is going to change. I don't even know why you try anymore to Mitchell about their designs every week.

It got old months ago, and now it's just damn annoying.

As for the other artists, yes they do create good designs, but for the most part, they are better canvas prints than shirt prints. I do like their designs, but they just don't seem like a shirt to me, and that is the reason they probably don't get the votes that Ramyb and Seki get, because they do make wearable shirts.



You think this opinion makes you look wise. But it doesn't.

It got old months ago for you. There are many, many people here that may be bored of it, but are bored because it still needs to be said, not because it is still being said. I'm bored of saying it. these issues should have been fixed before ramy and seki even came here. They'd never have stuck around because they'd never have been able to win.

ramy and seki do not make wearable shirts. that is where you are fundamentally wrong. Thousands of buys mean nothing. Thousands of people buy walmart produce over farmers markets.

wootasourous


quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous
AdderXYU wrote:You think this opinion makes you look wise. But it doesn't.

It got old months ago for you. There are many, many people here that may be bored of it, but are bored because it still needs to be said, not because it is still being said. I'm bored of saying it. these issues should have been fixed before ramy and seki even came here. They'd never have stuck around because they'd never have been able to win.

ramy and seki do not make wearable shirts. that is where you are fundamentally wrong. Thousands of buys mean nothing. Thousands of people buy walmart produce over farmers markets.



Well until that day happens, good fight sir.

espetrell


quality posts: 0 Private Messages espetrell

stingray69


quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: Negative Bob



Yes. I laughed on this one. Totally caught me off guard. It kind of reminds me of this design because of the simple two part joke that sucker punches you. I love it. My favorite part is the bluebird's beak in the thought bubble.

espetrell


quality posts: 0 Private Messages espetrell
espetrell wrote:This reminds me of Jungle Within.



Er, wrong link. Forget the link

capedcrusader514


quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514
Re: They Pick On Me


One of two wearable shirts in the derby.

zekecatz


quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz
Re: Never Alone



Not on blue, no text this week and spelling error. There should be their.

theghotiman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages theghotiman
Re: Blue Moon



This may be the worst thumbnail I've ever seen for a design, let alone one that's fogging. Add to that the unclear message of the piece (The moon is melting? Pac-Man is melting? The girl is sad about her gargantuan arm and cause the world to melt including Pac-Man, who was retconned into becoming the moon?) and I don't get why it has as many votes as it does. Maybe I'll just start saving my money for the classics each week. I tend to like those. Then two years from now when designs like this are reprinted as classics I can go find somewhere else to buy a tshirt.

Mattthew


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mattthew

I like this design, you should definitely resubmit in a later derby.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
wootasourous wrote:and that is the reason they probably don't get the votes that Ramyb and Seki get, because they do make wearable shirts



If by wearable, you mean shirts that have designs that don't fade after a couple of washes due to the tiny ink dots and lines, then you are wrong.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Mattthew


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mattthew
tjost wrote:Now with 100% more parody. What could have driven him to such lows...



how is this one not getting rejected like the last one?

Love it btw!

dsglaser


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsglaser
Re: Panik Shirt



I am glad this exists ... even if in a rejected state.

theghotiman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages theghotiman
Re: The Old Blue Whale



I feel the need to result to expletives to describe how much I like this shirt. Rather than that (mostly because they'd be filtered out) I will just say that I love it and you have my sale as soon as it's available, wherever that may be.

supersonic213


quality posts: 0 Private Messages supersonic213
Re: Earth Juice



Clever and original! Not every day we see that around here.

The guys at the new SONIC drive-in told me to have a supersonic day. And I did!

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Mattthew wrote:how is this one not getting rejected like the last one?

Love it btw!



The concept of parody is a thin line, but a definite one. you can see it walked between the two pieces. One was blatantly cookie monster, with the concept very loosely alluded to. This doesn't show cookie's most distinguishing features, while also taking the concept itself and highlighting it. Parody requires a strong, logical twist, sometimes of humor, sometimes just of juxtaposition.

That doesn't make something safe from rejection or copyright allegations, of course, but respecting parody and understanding parody is always best for any designer who might feel ripped off if someone took their own work for their own profit. Parody is snarky homage in many ways.

ressamac


quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
Re: Mission From God



Oh, if there is any question, this is parroty.


AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
nerdgod89 wrote:And amazing....farms are hurting and Wal Mart is thriving....
Maaaybe, the market is changing, and you are yelling from protectionism because you are dying from creative destruction....or major suckitude, who knows?



"The market is changing" is different from "the market is right". It is walmart, not local farms, doing more damage to our world. Lazy cheapskate people are doing far more harm by shopping at walmart than simply getting lower quality products for the sake of saving a trip somewhere better.

Put more bluntly, your argument does not frame you as the wise and mature voice you may believe it does.

rglee129


quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
Re: Color to your world



I gotta admit, I was surprised to see this one rejected, too. Granted, that bird could have been any color and it would tell the exact same story. BUT this particular version of the story was bringing BLUE into the world, so it should be okay.