IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
kylemittskus wrote:Now it's not only a horrible shirt; it makes no sense!

Well, ok, I'll put a more charitable spin on it. It's a well-done, cute illustration that doesn't make much sense as a shirt design anymore. Blue suede shoes? The turtle is into Elvis?

I hope you can rework the turtle and bring him back in a future derby, fable, b/c there really is something lovable about the little guy.

littlejonny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlejonny
wootasourous wrote:Post the link to the one your seem to find similar please! If you are going to accuse, back it with evidence. :D

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=35111

I don't mind though this is much better than mine

ieatdumplings

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ieatdumplings
Re: They Do Not Like Us

ominous messages from Greg, definitely GMV

Kidgoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kidgoldstein
Re: The Binge

Much better suited to the theme this time around... as well as a much more appropriately labeled parody. Good luck.
-KiD

<insert something witty>

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
Re: Night of the Blue Eyed Lemurs

Baffled this isn't in the fog. The derbies are mysterious places these days...

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: the bluejay blues

awesome illustration and characters!

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
Re: Mission From God

Excellent characters- very well done!

iimiszvickie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iimiszvickie
Re: I love my new blue suede shoes

you'd get rejected again because the only thing that is on topic here is the blue shoe which doesn't mean anything. seki got rejected for the blue bird. the shoes could be any color. what is your blue representing?

nerdgod89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nerdgod89
AdderXYU wrote:"The market is changing" is different from "the market is right". It is walmart, not local farms, doing more damage to our world. Lazy cheapskate people are doing far more harm by shopping at walmart than simply getting lower quality products for the sake of saving a trip somewhere better.

Put more bluntly, your argument does not frame you as the wise and mature voice you may believe it does.

wise and mature? F that! im the jackass who points out ridiculous BS.

also, as an economist, i should point out, Wal Mart has done more to aid the impoverished in america than any combination of soup kitchens.

~
indianwoot

gryllus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gryllus
icymallard wrote:
however, im so damn tired of the vast amount of voters (and apparently buyers) who love his style and won't LET ME BUY ANY OTHER STYLES ON WOOT.

Exactly! There are so many well done and interesting designs each week, virtually none of which I get the pleasure of purchasing. And it's getting increasingly frustrating.

For Woot: Why, as a buyer, I should keep returning to what is essentially a monoculture? After a while, the faint hope that something interesting might print is just not enough to keep coming back.

For the Artists: The talent some of you display amazes me. I can't imagine what it's like to invest the time in creating something really cool and interesting and then have it buried beneath crud.

raevynpheather

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raevynpheather

All I have to say is that Woot dropped the ball on this one. They took a shirt that had something to do with the theme, and rejected it. Not only that but it was the best shirt in the derby, and would have sold out by 8am and been in the reckoning for months.

WOOT REJECTOR TAKE NOTE: If you do not take this level of rejection from here on out, and for the more than 75% of the shirts in this derby that have less to do with blue, than this shirt, then you fail at your job. You need to be fair and balanced. If you are actually fair and balanced, I expect to see more rejected designs than accepted designs in the future.

rudyrudell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rudyrudell
graffd02 wrote:Larger Detailed Desktop Background: Here

Made bunches of changes from the original including a Ninjer star... lets see if it'll get me closer to the fog?

Brownie points to anyone who can name where all weapons and who they come from...

GO!

Mario bros turtle shell
thors hammer?
the litch kings sword frostmourne
final fantasy sword
lukes lightsaber

not sure what that is off to the right of the turtleshell, looks like a mariopaint marker or something

not sure about the battle axe, the ninja star or the main sword. maybe the ninja stars from the ninja turtles? surprised theres no master sword from link in there.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Never Alone

These types of shirts absolutely boggle my mind!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

wootasourous

quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous
kylemittskus wrote:If by wearable, you mean shirts that have designs that don't fade after a couple of washes due to the tiny ink dots and lines, then you are wrong.

None of my shirts seem to fade from Ramyb. I've washed them many times and see no noticeable difference than before.

wootasourous

quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous
littlejonny wrote:http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=35111

I don't mind though this is much better than mine

I see the similarities. But it is a different take on the idea. The blue screen of death isn't literally trying to kill the guy in your design. Your design shows a peeved off guy, where as Ramyb shows the computer actually trying to kill the guy.

Maybe it might be a little too close for the rejectionator, but I think they are different enough.

stargirl6878

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stargirl6878
Re: posse

what is that between the characters legs? second character from the left...looks like tsk tsk...

lucky1988

lucky1988

Re: The Old Blue Whale

Love the painterly style and tranquil feel of the artwork.

hereiamnow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hereiamnow

I am in love with this shirt. For truly.

Vinyaernil

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Vinyaernil
Re: Blue States

Needz moar Ohio.

There are no windows in my office. Top Secret Serious Business is top secret.

lucky1988

Re: Deep Blue Sea

Rad! Awesome skills!

onixblack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages onixblack
raevynpheather wrote:All I have to say is that Woot dropped the ball on this one. They took a shirt that had something to do with the theme, and rejected it. Not only that but it was the best shirt in the derby, and would have sold out by 8am and been in the reckoning for months.

WOOT REJECTOR TAKE NOTE: If you do not take this level of rejection from here on out, and for the more than 75% of the shirts in this derby that have less to do with blue, than this shirt, then you fail at your job. You need to be fair and balanced. If you are actually fair and balanced, I expect to see more rejected designs than accepted designs in the future.

I agree with this patron This was one of the best shirt out there. I was going to buy one for me and for my little lady but everything else in the fog leaps into the vacuum to me so Im not buying anymore

DFirefly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DFirefly
sumosahilattack wrote:I don't see why this was rejected over other designs. I was looking forward to buying this one.

Me too, i am very dissappointed with whoever decided to pull the plug on this one. It is beautiful and i was really looking forward to buying it.

lucky1988

Re: Bluer than Blue

Thanks rjpulse

binkdrop- No worries, sorry to make you feel a little blue as well. I tried another style and subject matter, since my latest attempts were not too warmly received by the masses. I'm still searching for that "magic" combination of subject matter, art and style (wooters are a tough crowd). This one will probably be rejected anyways (since the other "Cookie Monster" design got rejected) or I'll pull it from the derby later. Cheers.

HujoeBigs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HujoeBigs
Re: They Pick On Me

While I was browsing your gallery of t shirts, you seem to have one that looks exactly like this, the one in the third row to the left, just on a different shirt color and the last one looks angry instead of sad. I dont know but something about that seems a bit off to me.

CelestialAxis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CelestialAxis

Quit wasting our time.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
re: the binge

Adder's right on. The first one kept at least one major distinguisher of the copyrighted character in question (namely the eyes, though as I stated before those boggle eyes are used on lots of characters). Here we have a lump of blue fur that dosen't even show a head, and one arm. Also the character would never be found in a situation as depicted. As an added twist I threw in the missing cookies image on the milk carton for extra kicks. This could be any of a number of characters, from multiple creative universes if you exclude the props around him (Seriously how many monsters do you know that are blue, think about it) It could even be a bigfoot with a bad coloring job...

octopai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages octopai
yingyangyen wrote:absolutely beautiful, i would definitely buy it

Oh I'm so glad! I would be honored to have people wear my designs some day.

And I wonder if this will be rejected since the "Color to Your World" was...oh well. Thanks for the support thus far and I hope you like future derby entries just as well

edkat873

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edkat873

Ooh, it's two things that are each considered beautiful across all the cultures and ages, and they are melty and flowy. I am struck by profundity and awe.

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
Re: Negative Bob

I MUST HAVE THIS SHIRT! LOLOLOLOL I don't think I have ever said that about a Woot shirt, especially a Derby shirt, but this is perfect for me.

Please tell me if you take it somewhere else after 60 days and have it printed.

DrkRonin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages DrkRonin

See.. this is just wrong. I work at sesame place.. if this wins.. hehe.. i wonder if i can wear this for my new uniform..

yes i know its sad that i admitted working in that place...

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman

Nice fix. Well done, I will own this.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
nerdgod89 wrote:wise and mature? F that! im the jackass who points out ridiculous BS.

And if you are doing so ignorantly, guess who cares? No one. You have no cause.

also, as an economist, i should point out, Wal Mart has done more to aid the impoverished in america than any combination of soup kitchens.

as an economist, you'll never understand the full toll of walmart's existence. All you can comprehend is money. And that is why you are wrong.

tjost

BTW guys I just want to mention how much I appreciate all your votes and supports. This is my first time submitting designs to Woot and I couldn't have asked for better support on all my pieces (well I could but then I would be a prick) Thanks again.

tjost

Re: Soul Food

Nice

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple

Probably won't be a popular placement, but the middle placement just didn't look right to me.

This was my attempt at cleverness. You just can't get more original than 'b.o.o-berry pie', really.

Edit: I'm totally loving the mst3k references when woot 'censors'.

lkackman

Re: A Clue?

Freaking yes.... great freaking work! I so must have this.

lkackman

Re: Earth Juice

This is everything I wish i could do in illustrator, but can never get it to look like this. This is so original. GMV.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: A Clue?

Hilarious. Great parody!

hookemhorns212

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hookemhorns212

Also I just wanted to point out that to my knowledge and general research Ramyb has never had a daily printed. I don't know about Honorable Mentions because I haven't had time to look back at all the shirts.