Re: The Binge

I love this one, it has my vote.

stargirl6878

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stargirl6878
Re: Compositional Blues

lol love the shirt template

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26
Re: Either I have the blues, or my kidney is missing.

The moustache on the little dude makes this shirt. It's pretty awesome. I think I will vote now.

twalter87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twalter87

Awesome... Got my vote!

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
rudyrudell wrote:Mario bros turtle shell
thors hammer?
the litch kings sword frostmourne
final fantasy sword
lukes lightsaber

not sure what that is off to the right of the turtleshell, looks like a mariopaint marker or something

not sure about the battle axe, the ninja star or the main sword. maybe the ninja stars from the ninja turtles? surprised theres no master sword from link in there.

Looks like your the only one playing... :D

K here's the full List:

Mario's Turtleshell
Buffy's Slayer's Axe
Thor's Hammer
Doctor Who's Sonic Screwdriver
Yoda's Lightsaber
Cloud's Buster Sword
The Litch King's FrostMourne
Ninja Gaiden's Ninja Star

stargirl6878

atshephe wrote:Well, I guess that is that. Thanks again to those that voted for this.

i'm sad to see this get rejected...just for the record, i think your design is better than the shirt on threadless...

stargirl6878

fablefire wrote:"I love my new blue suede shoes"

blue suede sneakers, huh? they've gotta be pumas or adidas...

Jestik wrote:shouldn't he/she/it have four shoes?

great observation...

Altheahelaine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Altheahelaine

haha whoa this sure did fog fast

I live, I learn, and so aid my end while I believe I'm winning

Altheahelaine

Duddles86 wrote:The bird in this is cool but not on topic. The flower looks like a... and doesn't fit with the design. I can't believe this lasted when the blue bird one that looked better got rejected. I hope that something displaces this one from the fog. At this point I am tempted to vote for any shirt that is close just to try to kick this one out of the fog.

grael

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grael
databit wrote:Thank you everyone for the support. It was a fun run while it lasted. I never expected it to go so far.

There is an awesome shirt about the blues brothers:
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=34990

/Yes it was a trace and it did not deserve to be printed, but it was awesome being in the top 10 for a while.

Make a new one without a tracing!

grael

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grael
databit wrote:Thank you everyone for the support. It was a fun run while it lasted. I never expected it to go so far.

There is an awesome shirt about the blues brothers:
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=34990

/Yes it was a trace and it did not deserve to be printed, but it was awesome being in the top 10 for a while.

Make a new one without a tracing!

Altheahelaine

Re: That's no screensaver

I wish you had submitted this earlier- I am definately more attracted to it then the blue moon you submitted.

It's nice to see some branching out.

Altheahelaine

Re: Big Blue

I kind of like the 'blobs' of color for some reason- it's got a very watery feel to me.

Altheahelaine

Re: inspired by the blue men group

As far as I can tell this is the same design that they rejected you for?

Altheahelaine

Re: Bluer than Blue

I'm not surprised you used characters already in the derby either. The drawing is cute but all I can think of is someone ripped sonic's shoes off.. poor little guy! ;__;

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
Re: Deep Blue Sea

That's pretty awesome. I love how you used the pink in there. I usually don't like anything pink.

Altheahelaine

Re: He wheely doesn't like it anymore.

+1 for your name and the hamster is cute

Altheahelaine

Re: Natural Blues

This is so amazing and fantastic and.. great!

kender42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kender42
Re: I love my new blue suede shoes

I liked the one with the hedgehog better. Just put the 'fast' shoes image on a blue shirt and I would vote for it.

my2collies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages my2collies
Re: Never Alone

watching the films? Seriously, get off my porch!

kmatherly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmatherly

Not sure what they didn't get? it's the BLUE man group! Blue right...thats all they asked of us?

Cute shirt.

|
|

my2collies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages my2collies
dankstick wrote:This derby is about blues isn't it?

I would buy this ina hot minute! I can't understand why it isn't higher in the rankings. Awesome shirt!

mopsie2002

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mopsie2002
Re: Blue Moon

Just a note--

If this gets printed, please shorten her left arm? It's like a foot too long, looks really weird.

Oregonian through and through <3...even if I call North Carolina my home now.

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian
Re: Color to your world

Kinda have to agree that this rejection is rather hypocritical. "The only relation to blue is that it just-so happens to contains the color blue" adequately describes nearly half the designs in the top ten. I don't care how Woot interprets its own rules, but I rather they interpret them consistently.

brkak132

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brkak132
Re: I love my new blue suede shoes

i like the turtle, but yeah it really makes no sense lol... i'd still buy it but it really could be a lot better. like your your other shirt "you have to try this guys". i LOVE that shirt. i'm hoping for another great shirt from you, featuring this turtle!

l3it3r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages l3it3r
re: the binge

!! i want.

-L3it3R

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: the bluejay blues

Awesome detail and color.

tjsynkral

quality posts: 15 Private Messages tjsynkral
Re: A Clue?

(Insert inevitable Hardly Boys reference...)

graffosu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages graffosu
graffd02 wrote:Looks like your the only one playing... :D

K here's the full List:

Mario's Turtleshell
Buffy's Slayer's Axe
Thor's Hammer
Doctor Who's Sonic Screwdriver
Yoda's Lightsaber
Cloud's Buster Sword
The Litch King's FrostMourne
Ninja Gaiden's Ninja Star

Everyone knows that the Doctor could TOTALLY take a beholder.

KTG darkmold.deviantart.com

HotChocolate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HotChocolate

112 votes in 3 hours, wow.

jkiernan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jkiernan

Goodbye Steve.

GMV.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost

Isn't this from a animation and drawing book. I seem to remember these characters when I was taking animation.

kender42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kender42
brkak132 wrote:i like the turtle, but yeah it really makes no sense lol... i'd still buy it but it really could be a lot better. like your your other shirt "you have to try this guys". i LOVE that shirt. i'm hoping for another great shirt from you, featuring this turtle!

I am buying the "You have to try this guys." from the reckoning! I keep looking at it and saying it will be my next shirt and now today is that day...the tough part is should I get it for my wife, 4 year old daughter or myself?

Keep up the great designs.

marzipanapple

Re: Earth Juice

This is such a cute/clever idea. I love the colors you chose. It really makes it pop off the shirt (and somehow all that 'juice' makes me think of Mario Sunshine...).

Edit: Oh man, I just saw the cloud detail. I love the little hurricane! This just got 10x more awesome (and it was already pretty swell).

marzipanapple

fablefire wrote:Really really awesome and cute. Would like it better if the pie crust was a blue hue though, so that it was all in sort of ghostly hues.

Agh, you're right. I'm really having a lot of problems with my pc/tablet's monitor. I wanted to make it pop off the shirt, but it really just looks kind of odd.

Thanks for the tip. I may resubmit if I can get it fixed real quick.

joelterrific

quality posts: 21 Private Messages joelterrific

Staff

I guess we were due for one of these misunderstood themes. The thought was to get people to riff on the color blue or the concepts surrounding blue, not to simply makes shirts that contain the color blue.

I hope the frustrated designers out there realize that every so often the themes will not be easy. We'll shoot to be consistent, but this will be subjective. If there appears to be a connection to 'blue' we'll allow it.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik

Can't believe how quickly this fogged. Crossing my fingers for a print. It's not the only good design in the fog right this minute, but it's the only one I'd wear myself.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
IndependentVik wrote:Can't believe how quickly this fogged. Crossing my fingers for a print. It's not the only good design in the fog right this minute, but it's the only one I'd wear myself.

I'm pretty sure that this is not only going to print, but that it's also going to get first place.

Congrats on a big winning idea, this rejection might have been the best thing that happened to you. Love the new version, I think it's more interesting and funnier than the original. I expect an early sellout with this shirt.

Good luck, you should be golden as long as this tiptoes past the rejectionator's bad mood this week, but I can't see a reason for any issues anymore.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost

Well I think it survived the latest rejection trimming, so my worry now is this. If this prints I'm afraid I won't get one for me Seriously I thought it would do well but all yesterday I just kept clicking refresh and the count continued to climb. Over 400 votes in under 24 hours. Thanks again everyone for the support!

marzipanapple

Thanks to everyone who supported this design.

After seeing so many rejections I've lost some of the confidence I've had it this one. I did mean for it to look as if she were so blue that she didn't mind being taken over by green, but what does that mean *really*? Not very clear to a viewer probably.

Anyways, thanks again.