HalfWheat


quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
mopsie2002 wrote:I posted this before, but now that you're for sure in the fog--

When (if, but I'm guessing it's not #4) you submit your design for printing, can you try to fix up her left arm? I *love* this design, but that arm really bothers me. It's too long and deformed (bending out at the elbow? bottom half of arm curving? eh?). Thanks for reading.



I'm not the designer, but I don't think that's possible. I think they might have allowed a designer to fix an error on very rare occasions (and I'm not even sure about that, but I thought I read that it happened maybe once), but they don't allow design changes after the fact. If he had wanted to make the change you're asking for, he would have had to have submitted a new design during the derby and started over as far as getting new votes.

Kendra283


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kendra283
Re: Boys in Blue




This is too funny and I work with the police!!!

lucky1988


quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Bluer than Blue



thanks imsochady!

D3lusional wrote:Me thinks this design will make you look fat.



@D3lusional-In comparison to your head, probably not.

mopsie2002


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mopsie2002
HalfWheat wrote:I'm not the designer, but I don't think that's possible. I think they might have allowed a designer to fix an error on very rare occasions (and I'm not even sure about that, but I thought I read that it happened maybe once), but they don't allow design changes after the fact. If he had wanted to make the change you're asking for, he would have had to have submitted a new design during the derby and started over as far as getting new votes.



No, I've seen them make minor changes. I bought the circus/feather/Dumbo design and the outline of the ear was added after voting and before purchasing.

Oregonian through and through <3...even if I call North Carolina my home now.

rjpulse


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rjpulse
windrift wrote:Thank you for the botanical correction...so now I need to refer to the Lincoln Roses that took over one of my flower beds as weeds. "Who'd of thought."



Weed or not it's still nice to hear what people what to see in my Art. So all comments are welcome.

kender42


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kender42
Re: The Binge



Congrats on top 4!

D3lusional


quality posts: 2 Private Messages D3lusional
lucky1988 wrote:@D3lusional-In comparison to your head, probably not.



Really you're going to try and be a firing Rocket Number 9 Crow because I didn't say something positive about your shirt?
But really the pointed top widening out at the bottom, yeah if you have a belly it will be accentuated here. But hey I guess that won't be a problem since this pandering piece of triteness will never print.

ep9683


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ep9683
brkak132 wrote:1. i like this format
2. i like cute animals
3. i like halftone swirly spam

so i vote and buy these shirts, isn't that the whole point? vote for a shirt you would want to buy and buy it?

i really want this shirt to print though... it reminds me of somebody...



Same here...I vote for the shirts I want and not for any other reason. Seeing people throw hissy fits is an added perk.

adambz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages adambz
ep9683 wrote:Same here...I vote for the shirts I want and not for any other reason. Seeing people throw hissy fits is an added perk.



I agree.. I don't own anything of ramyb's, and haven't voted for anything of his, but I do like most of it. I wouldn't wear the stuff with the bunnies, but I really liked the tree that was here last weekend.

Honestly - ramyb is very smart. He knows what the voters/buyers of woot will buy, AND they are buying it. Didn't the fire tree sellout last weekend? If I could do that, you can guarantee I'd be here every week.

shirt.woot!:
Donut Panic, Shiny, Noted, X-Ray Fiesta, Jungle Within(random), Woodland Rock

woot!:
Woot-Off Lights

arenee123


quality posts: 0 Private Messages arenee123
Re: Band of Blues



I love it!!!
It is good art work....
I really like that it can be what ever you want

AndyTK


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AndyTK
ramyb wrote:Blue moon is also a song.

"Blue moon
You saw me standing alone..."

You should listen to it sometime



Love that song.
You also have "Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shining. Shine on the one that's gone and left me blue..."

Recorded by some of the greats! Patsy Cline, Elvis, and Bill Monroe to name a few.

Love the design and will buy!

Kidgoldstein


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kidgoldstein
IndependentVik wrote:Just a quick clarification, Al _could_ do parodies without the permission of the original artists, but he never does. He's a class act that way



Don't tell that to Coolio... even though I believe Al's version.

<insert something witty>

mcosgrove


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcosgrove
Re: Blue Moon



Let's all stop and take a breath. It's a T-shirt! It's not going to hang on the wall at the MOMA. Yes, ramy's designs are cheesy and something you could see on www.peopleofwalmart.com. However, people's style is their choice. Ramy is not trying to reinvent the wheel.

IT'S A T-SHIRT. I will pay $10 for one, not this one though, spill some beer on it as I hit on the ladies, then get home and throw it in a hamper. I am not framing it. Just settle down.

samjack56


quality posts: 0 Private Messages samjack56
marmls2m wrote:you people are unbelievable. where the hell were all of you during the steampunk derby where ramyoku had three entries in the top that were all off topic but didnt get rejected anyway? where were all you rabid fanboys during the pointilism derby where an off topic design by your favorite designer was upheld by joel regardless of the fact that other designs had been rejected in that derby for less egregious offenses? how many times IN A ROW has this designer skirted around the rules and had not been punished for it? how many times had this designer and her boyfriend submitted designs that were full of unclear boundries about which of them actually designed the shirt, designs that were so glaringly off topic they deficated on the derby rules and all the shirts in the derby that were on topic but were ranked under this kind of scaffolding, AND NONE OF YOU SAID A DAMNED WORD????

granted i am a little upset, but you are all rabble roused over this, spouting off about how this isnt fair and you dont resepct woot's democratic process(are you kidding me?) and you willfully disregard all the times sekiyoku has danced around the rules with no consequence. and yet you still want to pretend this is a fair contest. you all dont give a scaffolding and half about fair. you just liked it when the woot bias was toward sekiyoku, not against her.

how does it taste seki, your own medicine? is it bitter? because its what we detractors have been choking down for the past year. maybe now youll pay attention to the rules. im not very hopeful though

and i want to make it clear that i still respect the many submitting artists in this thread such as binkdrop and omni that want the same rules upheld for everyone. while i disagree with you about the legitimacy of this rejection, i respect willingness to raise your voice about it. most artists on this site remain silent about anything unpleasent for fear of alienating people against them



firing Rocket Number 9 idiots like you on this website need to stop building things up to be more than they are. I don't give a fire Rocket Number 9 who made it, it's an awesome design that fits into this weeks derby theme and it should have not been rejected. Just because you're a butt-hurt piece of Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966) that doesn't like this particular artist because they're better than you doesn't mean you have to go raging around on the internet. Get ripped son.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
samjack56 wrote:firing Rocket Number 9 idiots like you on this website need to stop building things up to be more than they are. I don't give a fire Rocket Number 9 who made it, it's an awesome design that fits into this weeks derby theme and it should have not been rejected. Just because you're a butt-hurt piece of Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966) that doesn't like this particular artist because they're better than you doesn't mean you have to go raging around on the internet. Get ripped son.



Do you yell at history classes for being so negative toward Chairman Mao without reading anything also?

Because yknow, if you'd read this thread, you'd realize that everything you just said was invalidated in as many logical and intelligent ways as possible, so that for someone to still not get it after having done minimal reading, they likely were already "ripped"

samjack56


quality posts: 0 Private Messages samjack56
AdderXYU wrote:Do you yell at history classes for being so negative toward Chairman Mao without reading anything also?

Because yknow, if you'd read this thread, you'd realize that everything you just said was invalidated in as many logical and intelligent ways as possible, so that for someone to still not get it after having done minimal reading, they likely were already "ripped"



I've read more than enough to know you're just mad because you can't win a popularity contest on the internet.

remedic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages remedic
Re: Blue Moon



I love this. This is probably the only shirt I'd buy and wear that I've seen so far.

homeybeef


quality posts: 0 Private Messages homeybeef

Edgar, I hope you can get this printed elsewhere!

wizard7926


quality posts: 4 Private Messages wizard7926

Great work -- hopefully it catches sight of either the second-chance derby or the editors' faves!

abo3abid


quality posts: 0 Private Messages abo3abid
Altheahelaine wrote:I love Bob Dylan.



I'm not a fan of dylan, but this shirt is a work of ART. I stopped buying childish shirts (unlike this one). I guess a lot of old wooters, like me, did too

if this shirt is on shirt.woot I'm getting one

lucky1988


quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
D3lusional wrote:Really you're going to try and be a firing Rocket Number 9 Crow because I didn't say something positive about your shirt?
But really the pointed top widening out at the bottom, yeah if you have a belly it will be accentuated here. But hey I guess that won't be a problem since this pandering piece of triteness will never print.



With a worm on a hook, the troll takes the bait!

footnotegirl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages footnotegirl
mrwednesday wrote:The voters don't care what you submit they just vote for you because they followed you here or to spite people like me. It really would go a long way if you'd drop the smug demeanor and admit your m.o.



As a voter who a) did not follow anyone here, b) only votes for shirts she would buy if they won the derby (this time it was the Mucha-esque shirt because I love me some Art Nouveau), c) would not vote to spite anyone (though am more than occasionally amused at the overblown responses people have here) d) does not always vote for Ramyb (but does, sometimes, and owns some ramy shirts, and some not ramy shirts) I take some extremely paltry offense at the above statement. I am also amused. It does your argument absolutely no good at all to make sweeping statements that are so easily and verifiably proven to be completely wrong.

bpr2


quality posts: 175 Private Messages bpr2

*gives the rejection person a cookie for a job well done.*

that was fun while it lasted!

debonairlove


quality posts: 0 Private Messages debonairlove
spilzer wrote:Thanks! I like him too. Maybe I'll keep him around and he can make another appearance in some future Derby. Who knows what other kinds of mischief he could get himself into?



I will keep my eyes peeled for him!!

SuJo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SuJo
sei wrote:ha! smash faced oompa on the floor!



I often wondered if the Oompaaa's ever got any "down time". I figured Wonka just kept them working 24~7.

swordsaint


quality posts: 0 Private Messages swordsaint

sweet jesus, it's sold out.

ALREADY?!?

c0mbine


quality posts: 0 Private Messages c0mbine
Re: Van Gogh's Witching Hour



Must have, this is amazing.

mopsie2002


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mopsie2002
footnotegirl wrote:As a voter who a) did not follow anyone here, b) only votes for shirts she would buy if they won the derby (this time it was the Mucha-esque shirt because I love me some Art Nouveau), c) would not vote to spite anyone (though am more than occasionally amused at the overblown responses people have here) d) does not always vote for Ramyb (but does, sometimes, and owns some ramy shirts, and some not ramy shirts) I take some extremely paltry offense at the above statement. I am also amused. It does your argument absolutely no good at all to make sweeping statements that are so easily and verifiably proven to be completely wrong.



I am much the same (actually am mostly a wine.woot poster), though I did vote for this design. One of the few in this derby I could actually see myself wearing, and I only vote for those I know I would wear, as that's the whole point.

Oregonian through and through <3...even if I call North Carolina my home now.

CoreyMacLeod


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CoreyMacLeod
Re: The Binge



I want one. 3XL. Missed the first round. Bring them back!

jannieb


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jannieb

Excellent shirt.
It made me LOL when I saw it!!

scarchin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages scarchin
jannieb wrote:Excellent shirt.
It made me LOL when I saw it!!



I've shown this to many people and they ALL truly LOL.

This is going to be a big one.

scarchin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages scarchin
gklayman wrote:Blues Clues and the Cookie Monster IN THE FOG?!?
I think it's time for kids.shirt.woot to make an appearance.
The Shirts are funny, but I can't imagine anyone above 12 actually wearing them.



I will - 43

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
footnotegirl wrote:As a voter who a) did not follow anyone here, b) only votes for shirts she would buy if they won the derby (this time it was the Mucha-esque shirt because I love me some Art Nouveau), c) would not vote to spite anyone (though am more than occasionally amused at the overblown responses people have here) d) does not always vote for Ramyb (but does, sometimes, and owns some ramy shirts, and some not ramy shirts) I take some extremely paltry offense at the above statement. I am also amused. It does your argument absolutely no good at all to make sweeping statements that are so easily and verifiably proven to be completely wrong.



You keep using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.

And your word really doesn't verify anything proven wrong.

footnotegirl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages footnotegirl
AdderXYU wrote:You keep using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.

And your word really doesn't verify anything proven wrong.



Au contraire mon ami! Let us consider the logical progression.
Mrwednesday says "The voters don't care what you submit they just vote for you because they followed you here or to spite people like me."
I, and another voter (and perhaps more, but we can only speak for ourselves), say we do care what he submits (sometimes vote, sometimes don't), we did not follow anyone here, and we do not vote to spite. Thus pretty much disproving every single thing in the above sentence.
Of course, you could just distrust me on sheer principle, I suppose. That would be a completely different and amusing logical fallacy, but you're welcome to it.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
footnotegirl wrote:Au contraire mon ami! Let us consider the logical progression.
Mrwednesday says "The voters don't care what you submit they just vote for you because they followed you here or to spite people like me."
I, and another voter (and perhaps more, but we can only speak for ourselves), say we do care what he submits (sometimes vote, sometimes don't), we did not follow anyone here, and we do not vote to spite. Thus pretty much disproving every single thing in the above sentence.
Of course, you could just distrust me on sheer principle, I suppose. That would be a completely different and amusing logical fallacy, but you're welcome to it.



being that the user and girlfriend are known for a history of using fake names to garner more popularity, there is zero reason anyone should trust anyone's word who claims to like either of them. Especially since it is so hard to explain why and how anyone would appreciate such mediocrity.

though if your offense was but paltry, it's really not important, since you weren't even very offended.

aperfecttool72


quality posts: 7 Private Messages aperfecttool72
Re: Van Gogh's Witching Hour



I would love to see this printed somewhere if woot doesn't. Please let me know?

mopsie2002


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mopsie2002
AdderXYU wrote:being that the user and girlfriend are known for a history of using fake names to garner more popularity, there is zero reason anyone should trust anyone's word who claims to like either of them. Especially since it is so hard to explain why and how anyone would appreciate such mediocrity.

though if your offense was but paltry, it's really not important, since you weren't even very offended.



Well the fact that we both have a decent number of purchases to our name should at least show that we're not accounts created just to praise them, no?

Oregonian through and through <3...even if I call North Carolina my home now.

mopsie2002


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mopsie2002
scarchin wrote:I will - 43



I won't - 25. ;)

Oregonian through and through <3...even if I call North Carolina my home now.

Deflit


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deflit
AdderXYU wrote:I don't disagree with your last paragraph.

I do disagree with all the other ignorant bias you're giving off. I am not biased against anyone UNLESS they continually bring horrible work, uncreative work, and unthematic work to the derby. This person does this every week she enters...




So, you ARE bias towards them..?? Either that or your last sentence was incorrect and you actually do think they bring decent creative and/or thematic work...

Odd.

truffleshuffle


quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
aperfecttool72 wrote:I would love to see this printed somewhere if woot doesn't. Please let me know?



After the 60 days is up I will try and post this somewhere else. I'll keep you updated!