CyberCowboy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CyberCowboy

Why does it not surprise me how much you know about puppets?

JadenKale wrote:To my knowledge, the only prominent 'purple' monster, (and imo, is pushing it, because I thought he was more maroon) is Telly Monster from Sesame Street. I'm quite sure there were other purple monsters on Sesame Street and Muppet Show, but they weren't important enough to remember their names.

There were a few blue prominent monster muppets, however:

Cookie Monster (Sesame Street)
Grover/Super Grover (Sesame Street)
Herry Monster (Sesame Street)
Sam the Eagle (from The Muppet Show)


Believe it or not, should you wish to investigate further, there IS a Muppet Wiki. I knew these off the top of my head, but only because my mom wanted to work with Jim Henson before I was born. She made her early childhood education emphasis in puppetry. In fact, last year for Christmas, I bought her her own Whatnot (a Jim Henson Company designed muppet) to use at school for teaching the kids.



fredeerick67


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fredeerick67

These shirts need to come in tall sizes.

anetty


quality posts: 0 Private Messages anetty

TOTALLY AWESOME!! ITS WITTY, CATCHY AND TO Z POINT!. NO WORDS NECESSARY FOR THIS ONE


PLEASE PUT MORE DESIGNS OUT

emeraldchickpea


quality posts: 1 Private Messages emeraldchickpea

Happy 2nd birthday!

104 weeks this week.

sonja711


quality posts: 3 Private Messages sonja711
Trandrewpe wrote:i ordered mine last month and still have no received it. what now?



e-mail woot!!! they have great customer service.
it only takes a week at most to get most t-shirts.

Narfcake


quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake

Current count - 49,992 ...

Narfcake


quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake

Narfcake


quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake

Narfcake


quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake

Last wooter to woot: paws117
Last purchase time: Friday, October 07, 2011, 10:31:15 AM Central Time
Woots sold: 49999

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Narfcake wrote:Last wooter to woot: paws117
Last purchase time: Friday, October 07, 2011, 10:31:15 AM Central Time
Woots sold: 49999


This is a bit exciting to watch.

I'm just hanging out, really.

Narfcake


quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake

Last wooter to woot: paws117
Last purchase time: Friday, October 07, 2011, 10:31:15 AM Central Time
Woots sold: 49999

Last wooter to woot: rebeccacamp
Last purchase time: Friday, October 07, 2011, 10:44:19 AM Central Time
Woots sold: 50001

I threw in an order at about 8:44am PDT because I was getting sick of hitting F5 seeing who was #50,000 ... which makes me wonder ... was that my order?

Narfcake


quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake

Last wooter to woot: newkindofkick
Last purchase time: Friday, October 07, 2011, 10:52:04 AM Central Time
Woots sold: 50002

Narfcake


quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake

So over 30 minutes have passed, and no #50,003 yet, so yeah, I think I'm the winner of the you-bought-the-50,000th-The-Binge-shirt-so-here's-your-5-seconds-of-fame-that-went-by-so-fast-that-there-isn't-even-a-screen-shot-of-it award ...

DAMN THAT SUCKS!

tjost


quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Narfcake wrote:So over 30 minutes have passed, and no #50,003 yet, so yeah, I think I'm the winner of the you-bought-the-50,000th-The-Binge-shirt-so-here's-your-5-seconds-of-fame-that-went-by-so-fast-that-there-isn't-even-a-screen-shot-of-it award ...

DAMN THAT SUCKS!



Thanks Narf and thanks to everyone else who have supported this shirt over the last two years, it's been an amazing ride and it looks like its not going to be over any time soon. Thanks again!

undertow976


quality posts: 6 Private Messages undertow976

50,000!

jamesbottomtooth


quality posts: 41 Private Messages jamesbottomtooth
tjost wrote:Thanks Narf and thanks to everyone else who have supported this shirt over the last two years, it's been an amazing ride and it looks like its not going to be over any time soon. Thanks again!



did you quit your job yet? is that ~$100k in 2 years?

elfdreamer


quality posts: 3 Private Messages elfdreamer

It seems that Binge's success was already prophesied.
From Day of Reckoning 121 by Jason Toon:

Cue the slow, mournful trumpet. Just three weeks shy of the 100-week mark, our longest-running t-shirt has been Reckoned. Thanks for the memories, The Cake Is A Liar. But honestly, we've been wondering when this would happen. We're talking about a shirt that debuted on November 3, 2007, riffing on a game that was hot at the time - there must have been some weeks when more people bought this t-shirt than the game that inspired it. Now top 10 fixture and all-time top seller Nevermore assumes the mantle of longest-surviving active shirt. And maybe two years from now, we'll be marking the passing of this week's new #1, The Binge. As pop culture references go, it's certainly based on more enduring source material. Get your piece of cake while you can - it goes in the trash at midnight Central time.



Though I doubt that we will be mourning The Binge so soon.

RexDart


quality posts: 0 Private Messages RexDart
fredeerick67 wrote:These shirts need to come in tall sizes.



EXACTLY...

tracelica


quality posts: 1 Private Messages tracelica

It's National Diabetes Week where we remember those who have it by wearing blue... What better way to support the idea than buying and wearing The Binge?

minsx


quality posts: 0 Private Messages minsx

I see this design over at Zedge:

http://www.zedge.net/wallpaper/7129527/?src=a

I can only assume that it has been ripped. Shirt.woot might want to go protect their intellectual property.

MAlvarez

klimka13


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klimka13

wearing mine now! ... shoulda bought a Large instead of an XL

c70chris


quality posts: 0 Private Messages c70chris

The story behind this shirt is what makes me think about it and laugh at random times during the day... I wish it was printed on the shirt itself!

kllangellier


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kllangellier
tjost wrote:Thanks Narf and thanks to everyone else who have supported this shirt over the last two years, it's been an amazing ride and it looks like its not going to be over any time soon. Thanks again!



Ok, so I already own this shirt, in fact, it was my first purchase on shirt.woot... And then you know what happened about 6 hours ago? THEY MADE IT INTO A HOODIE!!! And can you guess who is about to own said hoodie? ME. :-D I am so far beyond excited, I can't even tell you. Thank you SO much for creating this design (as well as 'Epic Fail' and 'This Was a Triumph' [both of which I own]). :D ♥

susiewoots


quality posts: 16 Private Messages susiewoots
kllangellier wrote:Ok, so I already own this shirt, in fact, it was my first purchase on shirt.woot... And then you know what happened about 6 hours ago? THEY MADE IT INTO A HOODIE!!! And can you guess who is about to own said hoodie? ME. :-D I am so far beyond excited, I can't even tell you. Thank you SO much for creating this design (as well as 'Epic Fail' and 'This Was a Triumph' [both of which I own]). :D ♥



We need more hoodies. It's cold and I want this shirt in a hoodie, and nevermore also

jhobden


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhobden

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
jhobden wrote:Looks like it's been ripped off by the demoitvational poster crowd:
http://www.motifake.com/epiphany-white tundra frost-hangover-cookie-monster-epiphany-demotivational-posters-134489.html



Reported, thank you!

I'm just hanging out, really.

jbhswim


quality posts: 31 Private Messages jbhswim

I know this shirt has about 55,000 sold, but I really love it. Own both the hoodie and the shirt and I've even had a few people regonize it in the real world. "Hey, that's the Binge! Everyone knows the Binge!"

FlamingoNut


quality posts: 12 Private Messages FlamingoNut
klimka13 wrote:wearing mine now! ... shoulda bought a Large instead of an XL



Not to late to buy another ;)

My 11yo has a recent Cookie Monster fetish, so I bought the tote bag, which she used on Halloween, to complete her Cookie Monster costume. It was perfect.

kllangellier


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kllangellier

Wow, almost 55,000 now. As I sit here in my Binge Hoodie... Haha

rainbowshalom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rainbowshalom

I've been lusting after this shirt for the longest time.
I would pay more if you made it in a women's medium v-neck.
I just don't wear regular collared shirts - I think it was a past life experience where someone must have messed with my neck.

cherzek


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherzek

Isn't Ronald McDonald's buddy the Grimace a purple monster? Not a muppet or a product of Henson, but still a purple monster.

I believe MahnaMahna and Animal are purple as well, but neither are specifically identified as monsters.

Granted, I'm joining this conversation very late, and I'm not even sure why it was taking place exactly.

CyberCowboy wrote:Why does it not surprise me how much you know about puppets?



JadenKale wrote:To my knowledge, the only prominent 'purple' monster, (and imo, is pushing it, because I thought he was more maroon) is Telly Monster from Sesame Street. I'm quite sure there were other purple monsters on Sesame Street and Muppet Show, but they weren't important enough to remember their names.

There were a few blue prominent monster muppets, however:

Cookie Monster (Sesame Street)
Grover/Super Grover (Sesame Street)
Herry Monster (Sesame Street)
Sam the Eagle (from The Muppet Show)


Believe it or not, should you wish to investigate further, there IS a Muppet Wiki. I knew these off the top of my head, but only because my mom wanted to work with Jim Henson before I was born. She made her early childhood education emphasis in puppetry. In fact, last year for Christmas, I bought her her own Whatnot (a Jim Henson Company designed muppet) to use at school for teaching the kids.



baybei


quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

Love this shirt! Bought it for my brother for Christmas (yeah, I like to get my shopping done early) because he loves cookies and milk! And, this is just too perfect! I may have to buy myself one...I just can't wear it until after Christmas, lol!

tjost


quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
baybei wrote:Love this shirt! Bought it for my brother for Christmas (yeah, I like to get my shopping done early) because he loves cookies and milk! And, this is just too perfect! I may have to buy myself one...I just can't wear it until after Christmas, lol!



My you are the early shopper. Glad you like it and I would definitely suggest getting your own copy. Especially while it's still on an American apparel blank and not anvil

Narfcake


quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
tjost wrote:... Especially while it's still on an American apparel blank and not anvil


Actually, they switched over on the May 19.

tjost


quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Narfcake wrote:Actually, they switched over on the May 19.



SON OF A...... grrrrrr I wanted to get some backups for myself before they switched

squabbit


quality posts: 0 Private Messages squabbit

This is a funny shirt.

adamsilver


quality posts: 0 Private Messages adamsilver

I've never bought a shirt.Woot before despite purchasing a number of other items here. Going through the thread, it appears to me as if Woot has begun manufacturing this shirt with a worse brand as opposed to the one they used to use. Is this correct? If so, is it reason enough not to purchase the shirt? Just saw this design for the first time today and love it.

tjost


quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
adamsilver wrote:I've never bought a shirt.Woot before despite purchasing a number of other items here. Going through the thread, it appears to me as if Woot has begun manufacturing this shirt with a worse brand as opposed to the one they used to use. Is this correct? If so, is it reason enough not to purchase the shirt? Just saw this design for the first time today and love it.



It really depends on personal taste in shirts and as always is subjective. If your a guy the new shirts fit pretty good still. I liked the american apparel shirts more but they are very comparable in feel and fit ( at least when I wear them, others may experience slightly different results) I've had some of my own prints on them from woot now and I do like them just not quite as much as before.

For women this is another story entirely. If you are petite the new woman's shirts will swamp you. If you have more curves then it may fit you better and be more flattering especially in the chest area. There's a whole big discussion thread on it in the forums.

Another problem many have is that the shirts are no longer made in the USA. For some that's a problem for others it's not. Some are upset but still buy, again it's a personal thing. Overall though I think the new blanks are still of good quality but they do carry some drawbacks compared to the previous offerings. I think that you'll like the finished product but I may be slightly biased. Hope this helped

scoooter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages scoooter

This shirt shouldn't be sold in sizes under XL

neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
scoooter wrote:This shirt shouldn't be sold in sizes under XL

In my home right now, I have three copies of this shirt in two different sizes under XL, an apron which is definitely not XL-sized, and a poster which I would qualify as medium-sized. I am not sure why you believe that this shirt should not print on sizes smaller than XL, but if woot printed an XXXXL poster, I'd happily put it on my wall; willingness to purchase would depend on whether it was an XL or XXXXL price, however.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)