JadenKale


quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
tjost wrote:I'm having a hard time understanding the contempt you hold against me. You are the first person just to be outright rude on one of the forums with my work. Thousands of people seem to disagree with your attitude and I would imagine now thousands more will as well. I have no problem with you stating your opinions but if someone walked up to to you during an exhibit holding your work and went PHSSHH I think you would be quite offended. I was not lipping off to you as I truly am not familiar with your works (again this being my first derby) and as for the honey reference I find that overly formal and disrespectful especially considering that I'm probably several years your senior. If you have any more comments to make please do so in a respectful manner.



That's the problem, tjost, there wasn't contempt in the first place. You read my comment completely out context (as is so common at woot). PSH as in PSHAW <-- which, Why do I need to write it that way?!? I was stating that you needn't worry about your placing on the reckoning charts for a few weeks with a 3hr sell out time.

BTW, there is a PM awaiting your perusal.

Yokhannan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Yokhannan

watching the films.... sell out in 2 hours 40 minutes!!

way to place a big enough order woot :-p

tjost


quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
JadenKale wrote:That's the problem, tjost, there wasn't contempt in the first place. You read my comment completely out context (as is so common at woot). PSH as in PSHAW <-- which, Why do I need to write it that way?!? I was stating that you needn't worry about your placing on the reckoning charts for a few weeks with a 3hr sell out time.



Well in the future please be clearer in your statements. What I do find funny though is that on your shirt sale site (which thank you for spamming in my thread) you seem to use a character directly from a movie based on a hugely successful series of books, without even the attempt at parody. My piece is clearly parody and aside from blue fur does not use the likeness of said character, but merely lets the viewer reach there own conclusions. So yes, while I let the wooters love of nostalgia kick in I up the ante by clever visual puns.

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

WOW, that was a fast sellout! Awesome, didn't realize how much people loved sesame street. Congrats tjost!

Vote!

JadenKale


quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
tjost wrote:Well in the future please be clearer in your statements. What I do find funny though is that on your shirt sale site (which thank you for spamming in my thread) you seem to use a character directly from a movie based on a hugely successful series of books, without even the attempt at parody. My piece is clearly parody and aside from blue fur does not use the likeness of said character, but merely lets the viewer reach there own conclusions. So yes, while I let the wooters love of nostalgia kick in I up the ante by clever visual puns.



I'm not spamming anything. That's in my sig. You could do just the same thing if you add things to your signature under your account settings. And that's through cafepress, nothing I particularly care about. The only reason that's there was because I made that years ago for my brother just before the movie went to the theatre. And to my knowledge (based off my sale stats) I've not sold any of those. I just haven't removed it from the storefront.

CCCPenguin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CCCPenguin

Really Woot?! I just got off work, and this shirt is already sold out? It's alright, I am willing to pay fifteen for it here shortly.

nbrosas


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nbrosas

damn! really wanted this one... $15 from me I guess.

Thunk621


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Thunk621

Godamnitalltohell!

I get home from work at 4am and it's already sold out. I've never seen that happen before.

Frix


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Frix

(in relation to all of the arguing)

Jesus Christ, people.




They're just t-shirts.

People voted because they liked it, people have bought it, end of story. :|

tjost


quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Frix wrote:(in relation to all of the arguing)

Jesus Christ, people.




They're just t-shirts.

People voted because they liked it, people have bought it, end of story. :|



I apologize Frix and I'm sorry I didn't let it drop sooner Jaden. There were misunderstandings on both our parts, I won't continue with this argument.

JadenKale


quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
tjost wrote:I apologize Frix and I'm sorry I didn't let it drop sooner Jaden. There were misunderstandings on both our parts, I won't continue with this argument.



I think that's the first thing we've both agreed on.

Wooterologist


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Wooterologist

Presumably the cookies weren't missing before he started eating them. So the milk must have known that by enticing him, the cookies would go missing. If it did, that means it baked those cookies and set that plate right there deliberately, purposefully. Which means it's sitting there also deliberately, purposefully.

tjost wrote:

By the way, the milk carton is featuring a plate of cookies and I intended it to be like a missing persons alert



PerpetualKid


quality posts: 2 Private Messages PerpetualKid

Color me crushed that the one time I DIDN'T stay awake, the shirt sold out. Fer Jeebus' sake I woke up at 5AM gasping for air and checked shirt.woot FIRST before looking for my inhaler just to be kicked in the jaw by the Sold Out button. *weeps*

For the record, I did not vote for any of the fogged designs however this was the only one I considered purchasing. Congrats on such a successful design! I can't say for sure if I'll be picking it up for $15, but eh. I'm sure many others will be.

Congrats again.

eggwolio


quality posts: 1 Private Messages eggwolio

1. I like this shirt. I would have prolly bought it for $10, but I missed out. Not going to drop that extra five.

2. I can't even begin to understand how Jaden was misinterpreted in this instance. She merely assured the artist that he had nothing to worry about after he voiced that he hoped it stuck around for awhile.

3. Their/they're/there differentiation is not that difficult, and a slip-up can really put a damper on your ability to win an argument. Just my opinion.

The end.

Jestik


quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik



SOLD OUT?!!!

awww...How can I get one? Do you think woot will reprint this?????




(some sarcasm included)



palmgraphics


quality posts: 0 Private Messages palmgraphics

is there any shirt left??? i really want to buy this one.

eggwolio


quality posts: 1 Private Messages eggwolio

It will be available tomorrow for fifteen bucks at the "ongoing sale" link provided at the very top of this thread.

hoylemc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoylemc

Is there ANY way more of these shirts will be available? I need some coooookie monster in my life!

nevermind on that...i see the post above mine. my bad...need coffee before cookies

xxchange


quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange

I can see Spongebob doing this, too. Getting drunk on shots of milk. Didn't he do that with a sundae? But I see no reason why the Cookie Monster should be drunk from milk. He's a *cookie* monster. Get him drunk on cookies. And soda.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

Fujiko


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Fujiko

Bah, just woke up. Congratulations, and you'll get my $15 tomorrow.

ChefRAZ


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
JadenKale wrote:I think that's the first thing we've both agreed on.



are you kidding ? that was fun.is it really over? scaffolding what ever happened to holding a grudge? oh well , my first woot in a long time. It'll make a good gift.

fool4drummin


quality posts: 1 Private Messages fool4drummin

Aw, fer cryin'. I hate it when shirts sell out before 8 AM. Not fair.

Draug


quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug

Sold out already?! oO
Not that I wanted one but still...already?!

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

RobotDCLXVI


quality posts: 0 Private Messages RobotDCLXVI

Holy balls! I work nights. Well, hello, reckoning.

lkaloops


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lkaloops

Damn it! Now I'll be in the group of saps that have to pay an extra 5 bucks for this.

kennube


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kennube
lkaloops wrote:Damn it! Now I'll be in the group of saps that have to pay an extra 5 bucks for this.


Scoot over a little bit and make room on that Sap Bench for me...

auggie24


quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24

Darn you firewall at work! I cannot purchase while there... waaaaahhhhhhhhhh!

trunkwontopen


quality posts: 6 Private Messages trunkwontopen

Damn. Payday Friday, and I would have gotten this hands down.

And, in all my years here at Woot, this is the first time I've ever seen an argument. Weird.

Here before the WootBot was.

grengrad


quality posts: 0 Private Messages grengrad

So mad this sold out before I woke up.

brizday


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizday

I bought this shirt because I liked it... but gotta be honest here... the "sore winner" attitude is turning me off.

jimlivingston


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimlivingston

Way to discriminate against the East Coast. I checked at midnight and there was no new woot, so I go to bed. This morning I see a woot I would love to have and it is sold out!

This is not the first time I have missed the bus because releases are not done until 3 in the morning.

I think I am done wooting. This one finally pissed me off.

Can't even have parity in our woots, how will we ever have it in out Healthcare?!

wideyedpros


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wideyedpros

WHAT SOLD OUT ALREADY!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!.....I will buy one from someone! Sell me one woot! COME ONE!

zenix


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zenix
ampersandrea wrote:Am I gonna get kicked out of my Al-Anon meeting if I wear this?



nope. not even an AA one

hlpimfalling


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hlpimfalling



jimlivingston wrote:Way to discriminate against the East Coast. I checked at midnight and there was no new woot, so I go to bed. This morning I see a woot I would love to have and it is sold out!

This is not the first time I have missed the bus because releases are not done until 3 in the morning.

I think I am done wooting. This one finally pissed me off.

Can't even have parity in our woots, how will we ever have it in out Healthcare?!



It is quite annoying. We need a woot east coast. I miss out on so many things... And I really wanted this shirt when I saw it yesterday. So sad...

eggwolio


quality posts: 1 Private Messages eggwolio
jimlivingston wrote:Way to discriminate against the East Coast. I checked at midnight and there was no new woot, so I go to bed. This morning I see a woot I would love to have and it is sold out!

This is not the first time I have missed the bus because releases are not done until 3 in the morning.

I think I am done wooting. This one finally pissed me off.

Can't even have parity in our woots, how will we ever have it in out Healthcare?!



They're updated at midnight central time. That's 1am on the east coast. Every night, with very few exceptions when things break. Calling it discrimination is like saying that you were trying to catch a train but were a minute late and they didn't hold the entire train for you. There's a schedule to these things.

stargirl6878


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stargirl6878
grengrad wrote:So mad this sold out before I woke up.



me toooo!

well, ill just have to wait for this to be in the reckoning...damn $5 more...im so cheap...shhh...dont tell anyone...

jimlivingston


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimlivingston
eggwolio wrote:They're updated at midnight central time. That's 1am on the east coast. Every night, with very few exceptions when things break. Calling it discrimination is like saying that you were trying to catch a train but were a minute late and they didn't hold the entire train for you. There's a schedule to these things.



Fine, so they launch at midnight CST. That is still 1AM for us East Coasters and 10PM for West Coasters. Look at the sales chart. Washington, Oregon, and Cali were the main buyers. It's not even close elsewhere. Now why do you think that is? Could it be that people are awake at 10PM as opposed to 1AM?

Lastly, Minute no equaly hour, okay? If you make that mistake again, I'll have to keep you inside for recess.

jazdad


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jazdad

Too funny!!! and too SOLD OUT!!! AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!

Rob Kuyrkendall

eggwolio


quality posts: 1 Private Messages eggwolio
jimlivingston wrote:Fine, so they launch at midnight CST. That is still 1AM for us East Coasters and 10PM for West Coasters. Look at the sales chart. Washington, Oregon, and Cali were the main buyers. It's not even close elsewhere. Now why do you think that is? Could it be that people are awake at 10PM as opposed to 1AM?

Lastly, Minute no equaly hour, okay? If you make that mistake again, I'll have to keep you inside for recess.



My point was that they're made available at the same time for everyone. If you're someone who is typically asleep by that time and you're really worried that you might have to spend five extra dollars the following day, set an alarm and check it. Even if you buy it, it will take you five minutes, tops. Then go back to bed. Then the following day you'll wonder all day long if you dreamed it or actually ordered. Sure, it's more convenient for west-coasters, but it's available to EVERYONE simultaneously.

mumbo130


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mumbo130

This is amazing. Cant wait until tomorrow when i can get one.