CarbonSasquatch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CarbonSasquatch

Looks like a vintage Indian, possibly a Scout

http://www.maximummovies.net/2006/02/03/the-worlds-fastest-indian/

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
eyeslikesugar wrote:Wasn't last monday, the 7th, randoms?

Oh yeah, that's right. Monday was the holiday that totally threw me off schedule for some reason.

Maybe it was the two Mondays before then...?

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
tosoloter wrote:That's a Harley Sprint. Recognized it immediately. I am so getting two. One for me, and another for my dad since I know he'll want one once he sees mine.

Even without the handlebars? I considered getting one for my stepdad as I thought it looked like a harley but I dunno if he'd like it w/out handlebars.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

bblanchard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bblanchard

they've had a lot of cool shirts lately, 4th one I've picked up in the last 2 weeks

Brian Blanchard

kossorihana

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kossorihana
wootasourous wrote:Why do the birds look like the bird's from the Hollister logo?

Because that's what birds look like.

brendan948725

quality posts: 39 Private Messages brendan948725
duckcake wrote:whats with the misc. stuff around the bike?

Those are distillation columns. They are one of the most inefficient methods of liquid separation, using varying boiling points of a mixture to boil off one component as a vapor while leaving the other component(s) in the liquid stream below. Distillation columns use nearly 20% of the nation's industrial power... at least according to my separations professor. As a PHD professor in Chemical Engineering at Georgia Tech, I believe him.

*MOST RECENT WOOTS!*

• Random Crap
  • Light Blocking Curtains and Rod
  • HP Deskjet Wireless

• 20 Woots! (5 Bungled Original Communicator)
  • 27 Shirts!
  • 5 Sellouts!
  • 2 Homes!
  • 1 Sport!
  • 2 Techs!
  • 1 Wine!
  • 1 Accessories!
  • 2 Pops!

tosoloter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tosoloter
AttilaTheMom wrote:Even without the handlebars? I considered getting one for my stepdad as I thought it looked like a harley but I dunno if he'd like it w/out handlebars.

I think they're just hidden in the silhouette... Some handlebars are small like that, and don't stick up.

vdawg5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vdawg5

Nice design. Thinking about getting this.

Question - how do the sizes compare to, say, Threadless shirts? I'm tired of ordering stuff online that doesn't fit...

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

motocycles be hitmotizing!

siran459

quality posts: 0 Private Messages siran459

Anyone else think this shirt is horribly ugly?...

qvirus89

quality posts: 5 Private Messages qvirus89

I'm no expert on vintage motorcycles, but it looks kind of like the bike that Rollie Free used to break the speed record. I think he rode mostly Indians.

And who says you need handlebars? Real men point their bikes in the direction they want to go and pull the throttle cable with their teeth.

Travisberry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Travisberry

That title is perfect. I had already clicked the I want one button before even seeing it. Sweet shirt.

duckcake

quality posts: 44 Private Messages duckcake
brendan948725 wrote:Those are distillation columns. They are one of the most inefficient methods of liquid separation, using varying boiling points of a mixture to boil off one component as a vapor while leaving the other component(s) in the liquid stream below. Distillation columns use nearly 20% of the nation's industrial power... at least according to my separations professor. As a PHD professor in Chemical Engineering at Georgia Tech, I believe him.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..... i didnt understand a word of that... but sure

Hi people =þ

Frix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Frix
wootasourous wrote:Why do the birds look like the bird's from the Hollister logo?

It might have something to do with the fact that most bird silhouettes look the same.

amarillo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amarillo
Frix wrote:It might have something to do with the fact that most bird silhouettes look the same.

Exactly, seagull silouettes often just look like other seagull silouettes, hahaha As for the handle bar question: They are not visible because they go towards to the observer. To make them visible you´d have to move the whole wheel which in case of a silouette would turn it into an oval. That would really look odd;) Another question was about contests, yes the design has been in a design competition before but thats quite a while ago...

wrek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wrek

I do not understand this t-shirt design... however, it will not stop my from ordering two.

You're so vain... you probably think this post is about you.. don't you? Don't you? You're so vain!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
vdawg5 wrote:Nice design. Thinking about getting this.

Question - how do the sizes compare to, say, Threadless shirts? I'm tired of ordering stuff online that doesn't fit...

The sizing is comparable to Threadless since half of Threadless' shirt inventory is labeled as AA shirts.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
amarillo wrote:Another question was about contests, yes the design has been in a design competition before but thats quite a while ago...

That was I. I figured it had been, I just didn't remember which site or how long ago.

amarillo

wrek wrote:I do not understand this t-shirt design... however, it will not stop my from ordering two.

I like the way you think

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

wow, amarillo, you have mesmerized the woot crowd. Anyone else putting up a design like this would have been inundated with "I'd feel like a bοοb, wearing a shirt like this", "Nice pair of headlights on that Indian", and "Pancakes!". I'm just tittering in the background, myself.

harleechik70

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harleechik70
AttilaTheMom wrote:hey woot, go proofread your Don't Wear This Shirt: section. sheesh.

And a very nice daily. Anyone know what bike that is?

I'd say it's an old Triumph.

smalltownsarah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smalltownsarah

The bike pictured is a custom cafe racer build, possibly made out of several brands of bike, most likely all Brit/Italian... and vintage.

Check out http://www.caferacer.net/page1.html for some similar-shaped bikes.

~Sarah

benide

quality posts: 2 Private Messages benide
tosoloter wrote:That's a Harley Sprint. Recognized it immediately. I am so getting two. One for me, and another for my dad since I know he'll want one once he sees mine.

It kind of looks like an old Zundapp.

...except for the lack of a headlamp.

Regardless, it's got the "cafe racer" style handlebars. They drop below the level of the tank or are flat, so they don't show in profile.

trunkwontopen

quality posts: 6 Private Messages trunkwontopen

Does anyone else see a face of an owl? Or, was that the point of this shirt/derby?

Here before the WootBot was.

nihil

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nihil
AttilaTheMom wrote:hey woot, go proofread your Don't Wear This Shirt: section. sheesh.

It looks generally generic, older style. It looks a little like the revival Royal Enfield that just came out. (which I want badly.....)

ratvespa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ratvespa

the engine looks like a honda clip on style engine, 50cc up to 110cc, they used in many street, step thought, trail, and ATC's from the 60's to the 80's

cindyscrazy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cindyscrazy

This shirt is PERFECT for my exhusband. We actually had a pressed tin picture of a bike like this one hanging in the house at some point. He's a big fan of vintage bikes. And yes, the handlebars are hidden in the sillouette because they ride extremely low.

I'm also getting one for my dad. He's just a bike fan in general

"I don't want a pickle
I just wanna ride on my motor-cycle"

"I don't wanna die
I just wanna ride on my motor-cy.....cle"

I LOVE that song lmao

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"--from a T-shirt

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cindyscrazyknits?ref=si_shop

zking953

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zking953

its a 1968 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson Ala Verde 250

http://classic-motorcycles.com/aermacci.html

EthiopiaAvery

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EthiopiaAvery

your sure it's not 1951 Norton, the sprint had higher bars.

It's obviously a cafe racer, what gets me it the Norton body design, and the Harley peanut style tank. What really get's me it the fact that it's a Cafe (no headlight) but has the passenger seat on it. I would almost say it's a chopped version of a late 20's early 30's Norton with a 50's tank on it.

and i so wish i had 15 bucks right now, or that i could postpone this sale for a few weeks till i get paid, I'm too broke and want this shirt so bad it hurts. (3xl is santa is listening)

krouth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krouth
siran459 wrote:Anyone else think this shirt is horribly ugly?...

Quite the opposite actually. I think it's too cool for school!

jiodek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jiodek
adamantypants wrote:Funny. I was just shopping around for motorcycles which inevitably led me to perusing the Internets looking at vintage Vincent Black Shadows.

To quote Richard Hammond on motorcycles: "I am straddling my boyhood hero! No, no. Wait, thats not right. No... Between my legs--No!"

flutek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flutek

It's a cool shirt. Ironically from afar it kind of looks like the robot Johnny 5 from that 80's movie.

mattlscc

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mattlscc

"tiny metal deathtrap" - nice... I'm not a motorcycle person, but I like the look of this shirt. Good worK!

SpastasticNomadic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpastasticNomadic

Excellent daily. Nice to see a.mar.illo here.

In for one as a gift.

mct13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mct13
zking953 wrote:its a 1968 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson Ala Verde 250

http://classic-motorcycles.com/aermacci.html

No. This is older, note the girder (front) forks. Probably Italian though.

aghyatt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aghyatt

I love this design, and I love most of the designs here, but why does the design have to be printed so BIG?!! It's more tasteful and looks far better when the design is smaller and centered. It's not like we're worried people can't see what's on the shirt right?

I'd be spending much more money here if the logos/designs were scaled more appropriately.

amarillo

mct13 wrote:No. This is older, note the girder (front) forks. Probably Italian though.

I should know, but I don´t, I just can´t remember Italian , yeah, I think it was italian...

phriedom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phriedom
qvirus89 wrote:I'm no expert on vintage motorcycles, but it looks kind of like the bike that Rollie Free used to break the speed record. I think he rode mostly Indians.

And who says you need handlebars? Real men point their bikes in the direction they want to go and pull the throttle cable with their teeth.

Really? Maybe you should take another look.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollie_free

andrewdombroski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewdombroski
eyeslikesugar wrote:Wasn't last monday, the 7th, randoms?

Yes. Last Monday was randoms.
Woot pattern theory...FAIL.

I have a belly full of white dog scaffolding and now your going to lay this Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966) on me!?!

andrewdombroski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewdombroski

Do I have to get my Motorcycle liscense to wear this shirt? Lolz

I have a belly full of white dog scaffolding and now your going to lay this Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966) on me!?!