kender42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kender42
Re: Soylent Green Is People!

I am afraid people just wouldn't get it. I would have to explain the shirt way too often and I am already married so it will not help me pick up the ladies.

kender42

Re: The eggs have gone bad!!!

The turkey/chicken creeps me out. Not near as much as the one in the Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs movie but still creepy.

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514
Re: Muffaneer

Awesome idea and execution.

kolorblindd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kolorblindd

I really like the simplicity and creativity of this design. Do want.

GMV

dragndrop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragndrop
Re: A Dangerous Concoction

There are likable things about this shirt. The cauldron is nice, but I don't think it's going to show up at any distance.

I like the idea of the dragon, but it doesn't look like a dragon, really. It's what you assume it is, given the design, but if you saw that head out of the context of the shirt you probably wouldn't guess 'dragon' on the first try.

I like the green, but there's too much of it. The thumbnail is actually better than the shirt. It's going to look like a clump of glowing green hair from a distance.

The cat could stay or go.

The placement and flow is boring. Not hideous, but boring.

The witch or spirit or whatever doesn't really make sense if the derby is about cooking, unless she's being cooked. Outside the derby, you could come up with another interpretationt that could make sense. But I don't think that's the point of the competition, is it?

The really bad thing about this is that it could be a lot better with a little more effort. The other bad thing is that there are much better designs with fewer votes.

kyougoh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kyougoh

Wow he's really pulled out all stops for this one -- revisiting past winners to make sure every element is there.

1. Black background? Check
2. Random cute animal? Check
3. Glow effect? Check
4. Swirls that form magical creatures? Check, and check again for having two
5. Shiny desu? Check

The formula is now complete -- the $1000 is as good as won.

imsochady

quality posts: 24 Private Messages imsochady

MiKEYxCORE

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MiKEYxCORE
Re: Here I Come Warhol!!!

I love Andy Warhol, I love the obscure reference, I love this shirt.

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
kender42 wrote:I really like what you have done here, but I don't get cooking out of it...I get eating.

I would buy one, but not going to vote for this derby, sorry.

Funny, but the first thing I thought of was that they were just being pulled from a pot to test them. From the way they're bending, they don't look quite done yet. Yes, I cook a lot.

If they were on the way to be eaten, I doubt someone would be picking them up in long, dangling strands quite like that. And there would be evidence of saucy/soupy ingredients clinging to the noodles.

I know that's a lot of assumptions on the part of someone who isn't the artist, but it's just they way I see it. So yeah, I see cooking at this point rather than just eating.

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
lindab53 wrote:I wish he would resub. It'd make a great shirt and I'd definitely vote for it, and probably buy it, too. I usually like your designs, but I wouldn't consider wearing this one as it is now(crass).

I am not into crass humor myself, and the undies were a last minute addition. I was trying to make it humorous and unique... I won't win with or without them though.

sakleehop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakleehop
Re: Eggstremely Delicious!!

Eggs certainly know their way around the kitchen; and then some!!!

commodorecrush

quality posts: 0 Private Messages commodorecrush

Kind of a "Johnny Cupcakes" logo rip-off.

I like it though! I think it looks better...

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
dangurous wrote:always stewing up trouble in the derbies. it doesn't matter how loosely this could relate to the theme, it's cool and it's nearly halloween so popularity will climb again. i'm on the half that like ramy's drawing, so a vote is you.

How is this cool though? Glowing and swirly doesn't equal cool.

burtonrider404

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burtonrider404

cool

orzine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orzine
PerpetualKid wrote:Personally, I'd like it better without the dragon (although the woman is a wonderful touch). That being said, I would never buy a tee like this based solely off of the mock up only because I'm not entirely sure that it would print well. Plus I'm already a pretty busty chick. The thought of people staring at my torso trying to figure out what their looking at is kind of a turn off.

i thought it was a duck when i looked at it first

supersonic213

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supersonic213
Re: The Awakened Aroma

How in the hell does this shirt have so few votes? PICK IT UP PEOPLE!

The guys at the new SONIC drive-in told me to have a supersonic day. And I did!

Adubs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Adubs
commodorecrush wrote:Kind of a "Johnny Cupcakes" logo rip-off.

I like it though! I think it looks better...

ditto... i thought of 'johnny cupcakes' right away

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
Re: Maybe Mommy Won't Notice

I usually don't like designs with square edges, because usually they seem like an artifical cutoff at the edge of the printed area. But this makes sense, because the stove is against a wall, and the smoke is hugging that wall and then creeping along the ceiling.

And I like the look on her face.

Christinanana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Christinanana

Space Chef slaved over a hot stove all morning to serve you these tubes.

monkeyswag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeyswag
Re: Iron Mouse Challenge

Iron Mouse Challenge

Secret ingredient: swiss cheese
Special rule: must not be melted.

Slice + Dice, and eat as much you can in ten minutes. Ready, set, go!

monkeyswag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeyswag
monkeyswag wrote:Toasted Politician Design

Hopefully, I made the right decision.

Peace, baby, peace!

Okay. I made a mistake. So sorry.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

What's on the side of the cauldron, opposite the cat?! My screen resolution is fine, I always see colors perfectly well, but I can't see it = IT WILL NOT PRINT WELL AT ALL!!!!!

All you fans, if you don't care about the theme, and you don't care about the same type of design, or anything else people are complaining about, do you at least care about a shirt with a visible print?!

And just to keep the discussion on track, here's the theme's description:

"Last week you brought the crop in; this week you cook it up. Whether you're equipped with some restaurant-grade stainless-everything master kitchen or a microwave too small to pop popcorn in, chances are you've fried, baked, broiled, boiled, charred, grilled, roasted, toasted, or nuked something to eat at some point in your life. Or at least paid someone else to. Now take that knowledge out of the kitchen and into the wardrobe with a cooking-themed shirt delicious enough to wear."

It is obviously looking for food-based cooking designs. Hence the cooking the crop, reference to a kitchen, and the last sentence cleverly using the word "delicious.

Based on this description, this shirt is not on theme.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kender42

Re: Great Minds Think Alike

So ummmm would you really wear this? In public? Not to mention nothing is cooking.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
Re: Looks like Chicken Tonight!

well the chicken dance begins.

lindab53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindab53
Radscoolian wrote:I am not into crass humor myself, and the undies were a last minute addition. I was trying to make it humorous and unique... I won't win with or without them though.

And, believe it or not, I was having major second thoughts and felt bad about what I had written. That was too harsh a word and I was going to see if there was a way to edit it out, but you have already responded. I apologize. You have a lot of talent and some day soon I hope to buy one of your designs.

fauxe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fauxe

What does this have to do with cooking? last time I checked, and i check often, witches cauldrons were not used for cooking food.

Christinanana

I'll buy two of these if it goes to print!

This does remind me of Johnny Cupcakes in that it's a baked goods jolly Roger, but it's most definitely not a ripoff. GMV!

Christinanana

Re: Spaghetti

This illustration has a beautiful flow to it.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: Spaghetti

This is totally charming. Great mood to it, great flow, and great colors.

And one of the most unarguably on-theme tees in this derby no less.

TheyKilledKenny

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheyKilledKenny
Re: Meltin Marshmallow - Click for Hamster Comp

Are ya ready kids?
Aye Aye Captain!
I CAN'T HEAR YOU!
AYE AYE CAPTAIN!
ohhhhhh!!!!

Who melts in a steamy mug of cocoa?
YELLOW MARSHMALLOW!
Coated with sugar and tasty you know
YELLOW MARSHMALLOW!
If delicious chocolate be somethin’ you hope
YELLOW MARSHMALLOW!
Then drop him in cocoa just like a boat!
YELLOW MARSHMALLOW!
Ready?

YELLOW MARSHMALLOW!
YELLOW MARSHMALLOW!
YELLOW MARSHMALLOW!
YELLOWEY MARSHMALLOOOOW!

Excuse Me Maam, Your Woot is Showing...

jellyrolly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jellyrolly

Definitely made me laugh, love the Devo hat/cap.

nami474

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nami474
HalfWheat wrote:I usually don't like designs with square edges, because usually they seem like an artifical cutoff at the edge of the printed area. But this makes sense, because the stove is against a wall, and the smoke is hugging that wall and then creeping along the ceiling.

And I like the look on her face.

Thanks! I usually don't either but I thought this composition worked the best for what I wanted to show. This was inspired by a past experience unfortunately....

Christinanana

Re: Soul Food - resub

Such a cute illustration! The color palette is wonderful.

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct

Just for comparison.

johnny Cupcakes:

Pyknic Wear:

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
PerpetualKid wrote:Personally, I'd like it better without the dragon (although the woman is a wonderful touch). That being said, I would never buy a tee like this based solely off of the mock up only because I'm not entirely sure that it would print well. Plus I'm already a pretty busty chick. The thought of people staring at my torso trying to figure out what their looking at is kind of a turn off.

Oh! I thought it was a fox.
...not sure what might have made me think of that!

imsochady

quality posts: 24 Private Messages imsochady
Re: Scratch Kitchen

I've always wondered if the food astronauts eat float back up from their stomach after eating, heheh. Neat idea!

Askiopop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Askiopop
jmmbell1987 wrote:I see where you're going here, but that's pretty tenuous. Feeding and cooking are two very different things.

yes, If the tree had apples though, I could understand it alittle more

Christinanana

Re: Spite

I feel like my kettle gives me this treatment every morning. Cheeky cookware.

Christinanana

Re: The Awakened Aroma

I love the textured look of this so, so much.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
imsochady wrote:I've always wondered if the food astronauts eat float back up from their stomach after eating, heheh. Neat idea!

There's a sphincter valve right above the stomach at the bottom of the esophagus that keeps the food and stomach acids out of the esophagus. Ought to work for astronauts too.