matthax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matthax

I don't know Yogi, doesn't sound like such a good idea. Who cares? Possibly in for 1.

LiveSquid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages LiveSquid

PANGS. Hunger Pangs. Not pains. Pangs. Learn English, people.
http://languageandgrammar.com/2009/01/08/pangs-or-pains/

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
faughtey wrote:Yogi says he is "Better than the average bear". I believe he is bigger than the average bear. And has really bad breath.

Actually he says "Smarter than the average bear"

Edit: and stuff about pic-a-nik baskets...

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

spilzer

quality posts: 121 Private Messages spilzer

Sung to the tune of "Camptown Ladies"
"There was a bear named Yogi Bear, Yogi, Yogi.
There was a bear named Yogi Bear, Yogi Yogi Bear.
Yogi Yogi Bear. Yogi Yogi Bear.
There was a bear named Yogi Bear, Yogi, Yogi Bear.

Yogi liked to show himself, see what, I've got.
Yogi liked to show himself, see what I've got, bare.
See what I've got, bare. See what I've got, bare.
Yogi like to show himself, see what I've got, bare."

As this charming ditty from my youth suggests, I'll be going bare, because I sure won't be bearing this shirt on my back anytime soon.

lethargicmass

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lethargicmass
LiveSquid wrote:PANGS. Hunger Pangs. Not pains. Pangs. Learn English, people.

I must admit that the first thing I did upon reading "hunger pains" as the shirt name/label was to search the comments for the word "pang," to see how long it took someone to point this out. (You're the second to point it out, but the first to do so with conviction.)

I gave up on correcting internet mistakes such as these long ago; I'm focusing solely on it's/its and than/then for now. If those two can only be eradicated, I believe that next we'll see a vast reduction in the use of an apostophe to indicate that an "s" is coming up as the last character in a word, shortly followed by a snowball effect where people actually make an effort to learn and use language correctly when posting -- and eventually it even becomes kewler than l33t-speak.

[Note to those at whom these efforts are directed: See how that's the word "than" in the final clause of the last sentence above, and not the word "then"? You are to write the phrase "proper grammar will eventually become kewler than l33t-speak" 40 times on the chalkboard during recess; I want you to REMEMBER it.]

I love bacon!

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

Great design! I love the destroyed tables, the action of the poses, the textures... Excellent work!

Adubs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Adubs

... another bear attacking a man?

KaneRobot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KaneRobot

Not a huge fan of the shirt color but this is too awesome not to buy.

Three in one week is a new record for me (the first two harvest ones were awesome, and now this one).

jmaerzke

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmaerzke
thewronggrape wrote:Another play on this theme from Threadless (and a shirt I own):

http://www.threadless.com/product/792/Don_t_Play_With_Matches

I would have bought that shirt too, but it's sold out. Looks like it's only Yogi and no Smokey for me.

dubdubdub

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dubdubdub
LiveSquid wrote:PANGS. Hunger Pangs. Not pains. Pangs. Learn English, people.

PUNS. Word Play. Not literal. Puns. Learn humor, people.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pun

Maybe I'm giving the woot writers too much credit, but I figured that they were referencing to Yogi's hunger had finally convinced him it was time to bring the hurt to one Mr. Ranger Rick.

Kjelldon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kjelldon

This gives the story of Yogi and the Park Ranger an almost legendary feel, like they're a part of our modern mythology or something.

How about some more like this? Yosemite Sam and Bugs? A realistic Marvin the Martian and his weird dodo? Glorious Elmer Fudd in Wagner-inspired valkyrie raiments?

jjp5421

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjp5421

Threatdown #1 Bears

jmaerzke

Kjelldon wrote:This gives the story of Yogi and the Park Ranger an almost legendary feel, like they're a part of our modern mythology or something.

How about some more like this? Yosemite Sam and Bugs? A realistic Marvin the Martian and his weird dodo? Glorious Elmer Fudd in Wagner-inspired valkyrie raiments?

Woot could steal all of my money with this. Looney Tunes was my childhood.

naktipi

quality posts: 4 Private Messages naktipi

Really not digging the shirt's base color. Sand is definitely not my color...

Mmm. Pie.

mixer23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mixer23
SirGecko wrote:They did print a "realist yogi bear" shirt but he was a little less... violent in the one they printed.

http://www.threadless.com/product/650/The_Average_Bear#top

Personally I like this one better. I might get it.

I know, the lady friend actually owns it. I guess that's why "threadless" was my initial thought... It's in the same vein as the other shirt.

mixer23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mixer23
KaneRobot wrote:Not a huge fan of the shirt color but this is too awesome not to buy.

Three in one week is a new record for me (the LAST two harvest ones were awesome, and now this one).

Heh, fixed that one for you...

jimsmithpirate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimsmithpirate

I don't really see the humor in this. Just a bear about to kill a guy. Why is this funny? Besides, don't park rangers carry guns? Dude, I would busta cap in dat bar's a** with my Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan.

jmaerzke

jimsmithpirate wrote:I don't really see the humor in this. Just a bear about to kill a guy. Why is this funny? Besides, don't park rangers carry guns? Dude, I would busta cap in dat bar's a** with my Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan.

Nothing wrong with ignoring every other response that mentioned Yogi.

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
lethargicmass wrote:I must admit that the first thing I did upon reading "hunger pains" as the shirt name/label was to search the comments for the word "pang," to see how long it took someone to point this out. (You're the second to point it out, but the first to do so with conviction.)

I gave up on correcting internet mistakes such as these long ago; I'm focusing solely on it's/its and than/then for now. If those two can only be eradicated, I believe that next we'll see a vast reduction in the use of an apostophe to indicate that an "s" is coming up as the last character in a word, shortly followed by a snowball effect where people actually make an effort to learn and use language correctly when posting -- and eventually it even becomes kewler than l33t-speak.

[Note to those at whom these efforts are directed: See how that's the word "than" in the final clause of the last sentence above, and not the word "then"? You are to write the phrase "proper grammar will eventually become kewler than l33t-speak" 40 times on the chalkboard during recess; I want you to REMEMBER it.]

I think their, there, they're and your you're are much more annoying. Also, when people use two instead of to or too. And yes, I have seen them spell out the number like that meaning the other word. I don't get why it's so hard to understand.

rootdownaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rootdownaw

Would totally buy this one, but I get paid bi-weekly, and the checking account is thin this week

brendan948725

quality posts: 39 Private Messages brendan948725

To quell these hunger pains he's got to stick it like duct tape. He should hit up Magnolia and mack on some cupcakes. 2, no 6, no 12... Baker's Dozen! He'll totally go crazy for those cupcakes, cousin.

*MOST RECENT WOOTS!*

• Random Crap
  • Light Blocking Curtains and Rod
  • HP Deskjet Wireless

• 20 Woots! (5 Bungled Original Communicator)
  • 27 Shirts!
  • 5 Sellouts!
  • 2 Homes!
  • 1 Sport!
  • 2 Techs!
  • 1 Wine!
  • 1 Accessories!
  • 2 Pops!

peachkin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peachkin

PROBABLY the best thing I've seen this week.

ShpongledSquirrel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShpongledSquirrel

I picked one up, I love the design and like the subtlety since obviously a lot of folks here don't even get it. The color isn't my favorite but I liked the design enough to still buy it.

Froglegz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Froglegz

Someone send this shirt to Steven Colbert. He just loves bears....

got a face like charles bronson
straight outta green bay wisconsin

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
thewronggrape wrote:Yeah, it's the whole being a warm or a cool thing, or a summer or winter, however you want to call it.

And if you're hot, you're hot.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik

I broke down and bought this. The deciding factor is when I realized my Dr. Clayton Forrester self didn't buy that Game of Life parody shirt successfully (it's not in my order history and my card was never charged--I must've screwed it up somehow). So I figured I owed myself a cool shirt. This fits the bill

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
Leahbh wrote:I think their, there, they're and your you're are much more annoying. Also, when people use two instead of to or too. And yes, I have seen them spell out the number like that meaning the other word. I don't get why it's so hard to understand.

The lose/loose confusion makes me want to stick a fork in my eye.

claudicina

quality posts: 34 Private Messages claudicina
bumpass wrote:A lot of useless comments lately. I see no resemblance to anything pertaining to feces in this shirt in my humble opinion.

I'm just as entitled to my opinion, as you are to yours, USELESS or otherwise.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
claudicina wrote:I'm just as entitled to my opinion, as you are to yours, USELESS or otherwise.

He didn't tell you not to comment, so he wasn't trying to stifle you or tell you that you're not entitled to your view. He just gave his opinion about your opinion which-- according to your logic--is an opinion he's entitled to

(The mind, it boggles!)

MiNiCoNaN

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MiNiCoNaN

totally just got one for my dad, who used to try the yogi voice on me calling me "boo boo". can't wait to see the look on his face.

Craigmar

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Craigmar
IamIreland wrote:No.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/7/4/
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/7/6/

Look it up, Crow.

IrishLass622

quality posts: 5 Private Messages IrishLass622
HalfWheat wrote:The lose/loose confusion makes me want to stick a fork in my eye.

It makes me want to stick a fork in the person's eye who uses lose for loose & loose for lose!