daniesf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daniesf
jazmyne979 wrote:After those retro posters.

nice

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
Re: Bagel Bear Park

Hey, sent you a PM! Btw, I love the fuzziness of the bears!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
kylemittskus wrote:Aren't lungs the same size? The right (my right) lung is longer and the left one is fatter. It throws the symmetry of the shirt. And if it is a lung-like image that are supposed to be on the wearer, those are some LARGE lungs.

I also think it is very similar to the previously posted shirt; less similar to Devil in Details.

Actually, the left lung has lobes, the right doesn't. This is because the heart kind of fits in between the right and left lungs, and sort of points off to the left a little bit, and I suspect that because the heart beats continuously, it stimulates the left side to form into a couple of pieces. So, the left lung actually IS a little bit smaller in real life. I haven't looked at the large view yet, but the lungs really are very large in real life. The chest wall isn't that thick, and the lungs press right up against it, as if there's a vacuum between them, causing the lungs to be expanded- Oh, yeah, there is! The lungs fill up all of the chest cavity excepting the heart.

edit: So, now that I've looked at it, the actual lungs would be a bit bigger than shown on the shirt. The woot print limitation keeps them from completely filling the shirt, sadly.

pomzajr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pomzajr
Re: Bear. In. Station. Wagon.

This reminds me of something.. I think of an iphone app where a bear drove a car and swiped up fish or something?

walmazan

quality posts: 63 Private Messages walmazan
mixer23 wrote:No problem, where are you from? And I've seen woot let it slide before with it outside that area(as they deem it anyway)... Hopefully that will be the case this time as well. Good luck to you!

Thanks mixer23, for your support.

I from Mexico but I live in USA since 2 years ago with my wife.

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
Re: Raven Sanctuary National Park

Here's our design for this week.

Hope almost everybody likes it. I can think of one person that won't.

Feedback would be GREATLY appreciated... We were trying to work in a brighter shade than we normally do... it just didn't work out that way. We'd be willing to tweak it if there's enough call for it.

Vote are even more appreciated. We're quite proud of this design. Our goal is 100 on this one. *fingers crossed*

Fixed Sanctuary... Thanks for the catch.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
Re: Named After Sam (Redux)

"I'm Riff Raff Sam, the riffiest riff that ever riffed a raff!"
-Yosemite Sam

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

atshephe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atshephe
Andy47240 wrote:Just Google "Tree Lungs" and you will see SEVERAL versions of this. "Similar designs already exist" does not apply to everyone here, but if all rules applied to everyone this would be rejected.

This. One of the better examples of an existing "similar" shirt has already been posted. Personally, I think that woot needs to have some guidelines about what dictates a shirt being too similar to something that exists already. Is it simply the idea? Is it the overall design?

In the "Blues" derby my shirt:

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=35123

got rejected because it was too "similar" to this one:

http://www.threadless.com/product/1380/Bunyan_s_Blues

If this one doesn't get rejected than as far as I am concerned, woot's bias towards some designers will be confirmed.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: Campfire Tales

Great characters and idea sir! I think this week might be your week!

Drakxxx

Re: Giant Sequoia

Great painting style on this one sir. It reminds me off Bob Ross's trees on steroids!

sailormoontsu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailormoontsu
Re: The Caves: They are Mammoth

Visiting Mammoth Cave National Park when I was a kid is one of my fondest childhood memories. So naturally, I was inspired by them for this theme! Below is a larger image. Thanks and happy voting!

Blog Vote! Visit my Spreadshirt Shop.

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
biensurmacherie wrote:"But do not use the names of any actual National Parks, landmarks like Old Faithful, or the U.S. National Park Service."

You really tried hard to break that rule, didn't you?

I used no names... only pretty pretty pictures... now vote darn you VOTE!

walmazan

quality posts: 63 Private Messages walmazan
Drakxxx wrote:Great characters and idea sir! I think this week might be your week!

Thanks Draxx!, I glad you like it

Drakxxx

Re: Thanks Dad. This is great!

This is totally awesome Jewel, and I can definitely relate to the kid. Your designs with text always blow me away. You have a real eye for it.

sailormoontsu

Awww, I actually enjoyed those kind of trips as a kid. Still a cute design, though. The illustration style is perfect for the concept.

t3hloofa

quality posts: 6 Private Messages t3hloofa
Re: Yodel-ay-ee-ooooo

Price is right reference, very nice.

sailormoontsu

Re: Campfire Tales

Awesome cuteness!

sailormoontsu

Re: Giant Sequoia

This is beautiful. I agree with the tablet comments...I can't make it look this good. Another job well done, sir!

mikan36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikan36
Re: Guadalupe

Guadalupe Mountain National Park

I thought I'd do a shirt based off of a national park in Texas since I am from South Texas. The reference image is the picture I looked at to draw the shirt image, but I didn't trace... though I think that's pretty easy to tell since realism is not my friend. :p

Link: http://www.nps.gov/gumo/index.htm
Ref Img: http://tinyurl.com/ceaaz6

Detailed Img (click for larger):

sailormoontsu

Re: DEATH NATIONAL PARK

This is creepy. Great illustration but I wouldn't wear it on a shirt. Good for Halloween, though...

sailormoontsu

Re: Yodel-ay-ee-ooooo

Ah ha ha ha ha! I will definitely buy this if it wins. Oh, I literally just laughed out loud. This is just great!!!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
jazmyne979 wrote:It looked funky on brown, with the colors I used... this looked the best I felt. I really love yours, too! I'd buy one.

I was thinking that maybe if you got rid of the darkest color and used the shirt color instead it might work. But then again, sometimes you think one thing and it looks way off when you actually try it.

I'm glad you like my design. It was fun to try something a little different.

sailormoontsu

Re: Our Newest Park!

Great illustration style!

sailormoontsu

Re: Forest Adventure

Very nice illustration. You did a great job!

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514
Re: take the tour! refurbed, resubbed, all shined up!

It's still going to be rejected. You used a photo my man.

JesseBYAH

lindab53 wrote:"But do not use the names of any actual National Parks, landmarks like Old Faithful, or the U.S. National Park Service."

I don't know if yours will pass the rejectionater or not. What a lonely life for that whale, but I like the concept.

Nah, I don't think it'll get rejected. You can name your shirt pretty much whatever. It's not written on the shirt, so when you're wearing it, it's just a whale shooting water up out of the ground, haha.
Cute style, I like it!

sailormoontsu

Re: Dead Technology National Park

Cute and very clever! I know a few people who might want this.

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514
snarkygal wrote:There is a Joshua Tree National Park, but this entry looks more like joshua tree fire than sunset LOL.

then it should still be rejected? especially if it's an actual park, right?

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
Re: The Caves: They are Mammoth

I'm amazed at this piece of graphic design. Top notch stuff.

JesseBYAH

mixer23 wrote:No problem, where are you from? And I've seen woot let it slide before with it outside that area(as they deem it anyway)... Hopefully that will be the case this time as well. Good luck to you!

Yeah, it would kinda suck if they kicked it out after so many votes, when it would be an easy fix to just shrink it a little and move it down the shirt a bit.

This is my favorite of yours, I want this so bad! Amazing job with the colors, sir!

sailormoontsu

Re: Valhalla National Park

I like the nod to art deco in your style. Sort of a throw back to the old park posters. Good job!

sailormoontsu

Re: Bear. In. Station. Wagon.

I like it; very quirky.

billratio

quality posts: 1 Private Messages billratio
FhoShplunk wrote:I like that his pants are still undone. That's a nice awkward touch.

Thanks. I'm glad someone noticed.

Check out the Farting in the USA song parody and others!
http://www.youtube.com/user/thepetersonbros

JesseBYAH

genericsmith wrote:Here's our design for this week.

Hope almost everybody likes it. I can think of one person that won't.

Feedback would be GREATLY appreciated... We were trying to work in a brighter shade than we normally do... it just didn't work out that way. We'd be willing to tweak it if there's enough call for it.

Vote are even more appreciated. We're quite proud of this design. Our goal is 100 on this one. *fingers crossed*

Fixed Sanctuary... Thanks for the catch.

*psst- the sign is still wrong!*

Ziggybaby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ziggybaby
Re: Redundancy National Park

Ha! Made me laugh, out loud! Love it.

krouth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krouth

mikan36

Rofl this is hilarious. As a typophile I feel like the position of the bottom text should be shifted to the right a little more to match the position of the grass, but really, it's very minor. The boy reminds me of my younger brother, lol. GMV & I'd buy it! XD

mikan36

JesseBYAH wrote:Nah, I don't think it'll get rejected. You can name your shirt pretty much whatever. It's not written on the shirt, so when you're wearing it, it's just a whale shooting water up out of the ground, haha.
Cute style, I like it!

Yeah, I agree. Don't think it'll get rejected :3

I like the colors, style, and lol concept. Whale is cute!!

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
atshephe wrote:
In the "Blues" derby my shirt:

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=35123

got rejected because it was too "similar" to this one:

http://www.threadless.com/product/1380/Bunyan_s_Blues

If this one doesn't get rejected than as far as I am concerned, woot's bias towards some designers will be confirmed.

I remember that. Pretty stupid to reject yours on that derby.

scottgoodmonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottgoodmonkey
Re: Gummistone Park

I want this shirt for me and my godson as well as his 3 brothers and one for each of my 2 nephews! This is a great shirt