jazmyne979

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jazmyne979
odysseyroc wrote:I was thinking that maybe if you got rid of the darkest color and used the shirt color instead it might work. But then again, sometimes you think one thing and it looks way off when you actually try it.

I'm glad you like my design. It was fun to try something a little different.

That's not a bad idea...

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
paulkremer wrote:I don't know, JewelWing, 1 tree doesn't say "National Park" for me. It says "City Park." For someone who is questioning other artists "on-topicness" in their entry threads, this seems to be riding the same line.

I was honestly trying to do something on topic and I made this design today for this specific derby. Maybe it's not coming across how I'd hoped it would, but at least my intentions were right.

Still, something with a tree, even if it's only one, is more on-topic than a picture of Mordor. I'm not going to say any more about the other one tho, because then I'll get into bashing someone else's work. That's not my game.

mawcluster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mawcluster
Re: Thanks Dad. This is great!

Cool design. I think the text at the bottom spoils it a bit though.

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
Re: Campfire Tales

Awesome shirt. Great design.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
sailormoontsu wrote:I like the nod to art deco in your style. Sort of a throw back to the old park posters. Good job!

Thanks, that's exactly what I was going for.

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
JesseBYAH wrote:*psst- the sign is still wrong!*

SON OF A...

Both of us missed that...

Grah...

Of all the...

*weeps*

EDIT: It'll be fixed in the morning!!! So please still leave comments and suggestions and votes in the meantime.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
icymallard wrote:HEYYY!!! i asked for red or blue!!!

this is actually a nice shirt.

gettin better there..

heh sorry... I'm keeping it in mind, but it has to match the design/idea! Sometime
Thanks!

fablefire

quality posts: 21 Private Messages fablefire
Re: National Park of Wahoo!

National Park of Wahoo!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
fablefire wrote:National Park of Wahoo!

Cute! I like the big bellies on the bears.

SirGecko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SirGecko
capedcrusader514 wrote:It's still going to be rejected. You used a photo my man.

Plus:

"But do not use the names of any actual National Parks, landmarks like Old Faithful, or the U.S. National Park Service."

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
Re: CA$H FOR Clunk... ANTLERS

I shot a 10 Point Buck and Got a Doe and a Pair of real Bunny Slippers For FREE!

ASK ME HOW!

graffd02

imkainoa wrote:Would have like it if it said "Redundancy National Park of Redundancy"

But that would be redundant...

doh!

I like as is

Voted!

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
Re: bear back national park

thanks for the kind words everybody!! here is a little bit better look at the image

graffd02

This reminds me of my nephew Sawyer... that kid has his face permanently glued to a mobile video game screen at all times... not that thats a bad thing...

look dad a digital tree!

graffd02

You deserve a vote kind sir... your bears are awesome as is your scary scary park ranger... although the main bear looks like he has nips... lolz

laryxle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laryxle
Re: Luna Park

There is an actual place called 'luna park', in Sydney and in Melbourne. It's a theme park, but it's quite famous, and i'm not sure if this shirt would be allowed given the rules?

graffd02

I am surprised this is not doing better...

naktipi

quality posts: 4 Private Messages naktipi

Great role reversal! :D

Mmm. Pie.

scoutingbear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scoutingbear

LOL So true!

naktipi

quality posts: 4 Private Messages naktipi
Re: A Breath of Fresh Air

I love this! I want one.

Mmm. Pie.

schw9411

quality posts: 8 Private Messages schw9411
Re: The Last Park

Only tree shirt I have ever liked. Thank you.

schw9411

quality posts: 8 Private Messages schw9411
Re: BLACK LANDS NATIONAL PARK

So, I think that this one time, they made a video game about LoTR, so this should get rejected woot. No offense, patrick, but the rejectionator needs consistency.

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz
Re: The Last Park

This reminds me of Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell

They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot
With a pink hotel, a boutique
And a swinging hot spot

Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
Till it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot

They took all the trees
Put 'em in a tree museum
And they charged the people
A dollar and a half just to see 'em

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz
Re: Wildlife in Nepal

Nice use of color.

Foo228

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Foo228

sooooooooooo good (good job jewel)

kenziekinz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenziekinz
terrencegf wrote:Reminds me a bit of minimoose from Invader Zim.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/annathered/3707141665/

Can't believe this design got rejected for reminding someone "a bit of minimoose" - did u actually look at that character from Invader Zim??? What about the MORE THAN A MERE RESEMBLANCE to the Pillsbury Dough Boy that scored in the top four from the last Derby on cooking??? Are we operating under the same rules here, or what? Or the references to Mount Rushmore in other designs in this derby, or the SEVERAL look-a-likes to Smoky the Bear. This seems blatantly unfair, and I suggest that whomever is responsible for making such decisions reconsider and let this design back in, or kick the others out as well!!!

jazmyne979

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jazmyne979
patrickspens wrote:so to be honest, Jazmyne979 didnt get rejected with the same visuals, so i figured it must be the text. so i changed mine. not just trying to be redundant.

I wondered how long it'd take you to do this.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

Amazing character designs as usual Kasey.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

kenziekinz wrote:Can't believe this design got rejected for reminding someone "a bit of minimoose" - did u actually look at that character from Invader Zim??? What about the MORE THAN A MERE RESEMBLANCE to the Pillsbury Dough Boy that scored in the top four from the last Derby on cooking??? Are we operating under the same rules here, or what? Or the references to Mount Rushmore in other designs in this derby, or the SEVERAL look-a-likes to Smoky the Bear. This seems blatantly unfair, and I suggest that whomever is responsible for making such decisions reconsider and let this design back in, or kick the others out as well!!!

Here's an example: you can create a character that slightly resembles Garfield to do a parody about Garfield. You can't create your own comic strip with a character that looks like Garfield if you're not parodying the original comic. That's the difference. On the one hand you're commenting on someone else's intellectual property, on the other you're infringing upon it. If the artist was clearly parodying Mini Moose I doubt it would have been rejected (as long as there were some clear visual differences between the the new version from the original). As it is the character looks a lot like the original without any commentary or parody of it.

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
jewelwing wrote:I was really torn on whether to add the bottom line or not. Could have used some opinions on that, but there wasn't any time after I stayed up all night to finish it. If it's not your thing, well, the type is small so most people passing by won't get a chance to read it anyways.

It works either way. I don't know how you pulled off 3 designs in one night. That's insane. Especially since they aren't just stick men or smiley faces. Quite impressive. And on a side note, I really like your work in general. There are a few artists on here whose work I highly respect and you are one of them. I like your diversity and the quality of your work. Keep it up.

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: antarctica national park

Nothings really the same after the tourists find you.

frikinelmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frikinelmo

I'm trying to submit a new entry, but the server seems to be down. I get a 500 Internal Server Error. I guess it will wait until morning. Here's a preview.

Muntoe

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Muntoe
Re: Our Newest Park!

Oh man, I LOVE the colors of this and the text is awesome! Definitely gmv!

blammoed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed

Larger view here.

Your comments and votes much appreciated!

Muntoe

Re: A Breath of Fresh Air

Hey, I don't have anything against this shirt at all, it looks kinda cool to me. But because I'm a woman with a rack, this will NOT look like lungs on my chest, but like some sort of demented bra. Sorry, can't vote on this one. :c

Jaiyla

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jaiyla
Re: antarctica national park

Our Movie Genre. this is adorable <33333

Elfkid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Elfkid
Re: Please Dispose Of Thoughtfully.

I like this, but despite the title I thought they were chilling a bottle of wine and thought "meh, it's woot, does it have to make sense?"

Jaiyla

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jaiyla
Re: Bagel Bear Park

bears?!? bagels?!? GMV!!

Muntoe

Re: Origin of the Feces

In before a rejection!!!

blammoed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed
derekfilley wrote:When did woot allow animated .gifs for their design detail views? cool!

That's AWESOME! I remember wanting to have animated design details a while back... neat.

I like the design, and the display of it a lot, very nice work!