imsochady

quality posts: 30 Private Messages imsochady
dekonstruct wrote:Thanks! My wife asked me, "Who's gonna want that shirt?", and I told her nerds like me are going to want this shirt... I just wish there were more nerds like me so it would print.

LOLS, I like the 'no magnet' sign, hahah.

Mrcs09

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mrcs09

great job

nami474

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nami474
Re: Mt. Robot National Park

A mountain, carved and dedicated to our robot leaders. They overthrew the human race and formed a robot nation under Asimov.

sneezycop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sneezycop
Re: 1337 Bot

Just a bit off topic.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

HAAAAH, this is awesome! GMV!

BunnyFu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BunnyFu

It is nice to see that our robot overlords have an appreciation for the robots that came before them. The composition is fantastic and I love the simple color choice. Great shirt. I hope you win.

Misskari

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari
Re: Teddy Bear

I [heart] Teddy. Cute concept... GMV!

durwoody

quality posts: 0 Private Messages durwoody
Re: Giant Sequoia

I love trees! On vacation, I take pictures of trees all the time. This shirt is fantastic! I'd buy it and wear it without hesitation. What's really cool, besides the colors of the trees, lighting and the shirt is the awesome positioning of the tree. I don't think I own any shirt's that have that illustration positioned on one side. This shirt would not have been the same without the positioning.

Great job! I love it.

durwoody

quality posts: 0 Private Messages durwoody
Re: Raven Sanctuary Final (?) Resub

Love the reference to Edgar Allan Poe, just think the dark brown shirt is a little too dark to make this design really pop. Love the creativity though.

HannaDisaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HannaDisaster

I totally am feeling the camp shirt vibe. It makes this shirt design rock harder in my book. Kasey Fleming you're awesomes!

Jaiyla

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jaiyla
parrotworks wrote:Thanks. The woot system takes some liberties in censoring text submitted to keep things family friendly.

but i didnt say anything other than it was adorable! weird :O

SJulian1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SJulian1
Re: BLACK LANDS NATIONAL PARK

*sigh* I don't want to see any of these LOTR shirts in the fog. It's been waaay over used, and the derby has hardly started. Plus when this prints it'll hardly be seen. It doesn't even relate that much to the derby.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Damnit

I hate monkies..and I hate this movie...but Our Movie Genre this is AWESOMENESS. I just lol everytime I look at it. GMV, which is really saying something, cause man...I really dont like anything primate related. Great design and very clever!

BaldBob007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BaldBob007

This is pretty fantastic; however, use of copyrighted characters will probably earn a rejection...

Jaiyla

Re: Futile Effort re-sub

Ha! very cute!

Jaiyla

Re: Image.nation Park

I truly love the artwork with this one. Great job !

jerroul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerroul
striker138 wrote:If the original Muffineer shirt last week was rejected for being less similar to an existing design, this one should also be rejected. But we all know how Woot does things, so who knows.

Muffineer was rejected for being too close to a trademarked logo - not too similar to existing design. much stricter criteria.

wormsweater

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wormsweater
Re: Campfires!

Awesome.

jerroul

thurdl01 wrote:Seriously? If that was rejected for "too similar" than this needs to be rejected for "too similar". But I see the first round of rejections are in already.

one "bad" rejection should not demand another "bad" rejection, unless you are just fishing for excuses to reject this because of your dislike of the artist.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: Lost Souls Cavern

WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!!!!!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
jerroul wrote:one "bad" rejection should not demand another "bad" rejection, unless you are just fishing for excuses to reject this because of your dislike of the artist.

You don't think this shirt is similar or almost identical to the shirt posted above?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

nami474

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nami474
BaldBob007 wrote:This is pretty fantastic; however, use of copyrighted characters will probably earn a rejection...

I thought it was worth a try. I'll probably make a different version if this is rejected. I also thought of one of my favorite woot shirts ever, the one with the dolorean crashing into doctor who's tardus and that was definitely copyrighted. I'll leave it up to the wonderful, most gracious woot legal team

kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: 1337 Bot

I love these types of submissions! They make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rdamoiseaux

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdamoiseaux
Re: Futile Effort

I didn't do the template for this, so I assume it will be rejected. I did a re-sub: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=35929/

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

While I like this, I can't give it a vote for 2 reasons:

1- It seems a more than likely candidate for rejection.

2- My partner has threatened to disown me if I buy any more shirts with robots on them.

endangeredomega

Re: Do Not Feed the Eagles

Nicely done.

endangeredomega

Re: Old Faithful

I'm not sure 'cute' is the word I'd use here. Melancholy, perhaps?

jerroul

kylemittskus wrote:You don't think this shirt is similar or almost identical to the shirt posted above?

I see a similar base concept, but different artistry, different intent/treatment, and to me, at least, a totally different "feel". As I said above, on Friday, my first reaction to this shirt is that it is a visualization of how my lungs feel when I first wake up in the morning camping up in the redwoods of Sequoia or Kings Canyon National Parks.
The other shirt, while also having "lungs" as its starting place, is not saying that to me, in my opinion. It is rather a comment on trees as the breathing mechanism of Earth, ie lungs. I confess I do not understand the Roman Candle reference in the other shirt's title, so maybe I am missing something that those who are using it as proof of "unoriginality" can see.

jazmyne979

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jazmyne979
beso0282 wrote:this is the second shirt with a Lord of the Rings theme.

Technically mine was submitted first, though the second was just an instant after.

jazmyne979

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jazmyne979
Robsoul wrote:Looks great on the brown.

Thanks... was a good call with replacing the darkest color with the shirt color.

HollidayStudios

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HollidayStudios
dxsmachina wrote:http://www.flickr.com/photos/44765654@N00/343345059

wow okay that one looks exactly like my design . . . damn

endangeredomega

IndependentVik wrote:Getting one for my nephew if it wins--he loves these things. And I can't believe no one's mentioned how the sleeping bear is clutching a little teddy bear: that's a great touch!

I think it's a well-executed idea, but for me personally, the teddy is the one element of the design that just seems a little ... off. GMV regardless, I suppose, even though I don't eat the things (it's not the bear shape that bothers me, it's the gelatin.)

atheis4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atheis4
Re: Thanks Dad. This is great!

brilliant idea, and so true.

imkainoa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages imkainoa
billratio wrote:

It's a sandwich.

I will cry if I can't buy this shirt.

orzine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orzine

how fine are these halftones?

Misskari

I was blown away when I saw the skull... Very cool.

Misskari

Re: Forest Adventure

Very nice... Love the deep sense of space.

endangeredomega

Re: Campfire Tales

Really like the style on this (and last week's chicken as well.) Very impressed at how much you've done here with only 3 colours. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your entries in the weeks to come - shirt.woot can certainly use an injection of fresh talent!

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
Re: Bob Ross National Park

Love the idea, but using the name of Bob Ross will probably get this rejected in a hurry.