Misskari

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari
Re: Redundancy National Park

I love it, it's great, and I like it a lot.

Cooper was a good choice, too.

BaldBob007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BaldBob007
Re: Wyoming Sunrise

I really like this a lot. I'm surprised it doesn't have more votes. I will help. +1

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: Redundancy National Park

BootsBoots, as always, you are a delight. This had my vote yesterday, but I figured it was worth a comment as well.

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
Misskari wrote:I was blown away when I saw the skull... Very cool.

I didn't even notice until you said something. Very cool indeed.

footmaster1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages footmaster1
Re: Ah, a BEAR!

Yum Marshmallows!

endangeredomega

Re: Fresh landscape

Voted on this yesterday, but figured I may as well add a comment too. Very nice work.

Misskari

billratio

quality posts: 1 Private Messages billratio
odysseyroc wrote:I love the concept and the drawing, but I don't like the shirt color at all. I'd be in for one on a different shirt color.

how could it be on another color? this way it looks like an actual mnt.
GMV... what does GMV mean?

Check out the Farting in the USA song parody and others!
http://www.youtube.com/user/thepetersonbros

walmazan

quality posts: 58 Private Messages walmazan
endangeredomega wrote:Really like the style on this (and last week's chicken as well.) Very impressed at how much you've done here with only 3 colours. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your entries in the weeks to come - shirt.woot can certainly use an injection of fresh talent!

Thanks Endangeredomega, I really appreciate your comment!

Gracias!

orzine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orzine
Re: Bagel Bear Park

i am completely bewildered as i try to find some way that this fits the theme of national parks and its not just a rehashed idea that didnt work for the last derby and doesnt work for this one

orzine

Re: Thanks Dad. This is great!

man, i love this. i dont like to wear humerous tees, but i may buy one for someone else WHEN this prints.

orzine

capedcrusader514 wrote:In honor of colbert I'm going to call this MASSIVE. I don't normally like/appreciate/respect cute but this is good. Very nice.

that show and the host are just too popular for their own good

jgwyther

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgwyther
Re: Dirtybottom Park

Nice. Eddy Murphy says this in his stand-up bit "Delirious".

Scored my second Big ol' Cornucopia during the Wootoff on 12/1/10.
Finally scored a Bountiful Overflowing Cornucopia - During the Happy Hour during the Wootoff! on 4/28/10

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
jasneko wrote:Ok, trying another version with some suggested modifications by JesseByah... also decided to try it on Kelly, which was the other color I was considering.

Feedback and votes much appreciated.

Thanks!

Cute!!! I love the way it turned out, and the kelly green was a great choice. Looks like your other version is getting more attention, but this one is more on-theme. I like them both, my favorite is still the bear with the mouth full of bagel Good luck, hopefully you'll get more feedback on both of them!

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
BaldBob007 wrote:I really like this a lot. I'm surprised it doesn't have more votes. I will help. +1

very much appreciated!

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

orzine

Re: A Breath of Fresh Air

great job on not using unnecessary decorative halftones and glow-y color schemes as a way of pandering to the lowest common demoninator to ensure that you get another paycheck.

however i think this should be rejected based on similarities to existing shirts.

lets see how it plays out!

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
Misskari wrote:Great colors!

thank you!

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

Starlight4976

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Starlight4976

I really like it. I love the lungs idea.

BaldBob007

billratio wrote:how could it be on another color? this way it looks like an actual mnt.
GMV... what does GMV mean?

Got My Vote ;)

Starlight4976

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Starlight4976
Re: The Last Park

even if its more "city park", I love the design.

endangeredomega

laughtrack wrote:Is that Robin on the Mt. Rushmore of superheroes?? Why don't you put Gleek up there while you're at it...

I was thinking it looked more like Booster Gold, personally.

stargirl6878

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stargirl6878
Re: Wyoming Sunrise

ummm not original...

JustJiggles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustJiggles
endangeredomega wrote:I was thinking it looked more like Booster Gold, personally.

I thought he was going for Green Lantern.

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
billratio wrote:no video games

I think we all know what the rule means. It means no referencing to videogames as in Zelda, Halo, Tetris etc. Not "videogames" as in the act of playing. I think its tough because the word "videogame" means two things. Check the analogy.

Television is to Videogames as TV Shows are to Videogames.

If the rule was for TV it would make more sense because it would say "No TV Show references" which doesn't mean you can't have a TV set in your design. Likewise if the rule was to stop the use of famous literary works, it wouldn't mean that having a blank book on the shelf would be breaking the rules. It just means don't rip off a famous story.

The rule is there to stop the use of videogame characters, environments and such where you say "OH WOW! I LOVE MARIO TOO! +1"

BUT if the rule means that there can't be an empty unlabeled arcade cabinet in the background or original fictional characters can't even play games "allegedly" even though its not on a specific device and refers to no "videogame", well then prove he's not watching a movie.

Reawen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reawen
Re: Bob Ross National Park

I don't think I'd wear it, but it's a very funny idea!

BaldBob007

Re: Lost Souls Cavern

You never fail to impress. This is quite incredible. I wouldn't wear something like this; but I would definitely like to see pics of the print if you place.

esycos4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages esycos4

love it

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514

BaldBob007

Re: Our Newest Park!

I have to agree that the font you used/created/tweaked is awesome. I think using halftones for the moon would ruin the desired effect (in my perception).

kylemittskus

quality posts: 224 Private Messages kylemittskus
jerroul wrote:I see a similar base concept, but different artistry,

I agree that this shirt is actually better than the other one. That doesn't change the fact that it is based on the exact same idea.

I don't get the text on the other shirt either, but what I do get is that they are basically the same shirt. One may be better or have a different "feel" but they are really the same shirt.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

powerslaveintime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages powerslaveintime
jgwyther wrote:Nice. Eddy Murphy says this in his stand-up bit "Delirious".

Ah thanks! I was trying to remember where I first heard the joke and couldn't. That makes sense, though, because I loved delirious and raw when I was a kid.

kylemittskus

Re: Bob Ross National Park

My roommates and I used to watch Bob Ross reruns on some weirdo channels in college. This shirt will get rejected though.

zjbond1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zjbond1
Re: Seredipity National Park

The poor air quality caused me to misspell a word. So, this is a re-sub with the corrected spelling. I hope.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Re: Giant Sequoia

I usually love your work, tgentry, but I'm not really seeing the theme with this one. I'm hoping woot expected more from this theme than simply more tree shirts to add to the countless others out there. And while it's certainly a better illustration than most tree shirts (and a change from the usual round, deciduous tree designs) but I don't think I'd wear it.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Re: Damnit

You MANIACS!!!!

jmmbell1987

As Ramy illustrations go, this one is definitely a cut above his usual ones. Props for that. Unfortunately, the design is far from original. Lung shirts are old hat, and there are specifically tree lung shirts out there as well which ought to merit rejection.

Likewise, I have the same issue with this one as tgentry's: I expect more from a "national park" theme than trees with no other context in their setting. These entries could both have been entered into the flora or tree derbies without any changes.

kylemittskus

jmmbell1987 wrote: Likewise, I have the same issue with this one as tgentry's: I expect more from a "national park" theme than trees with no other context in their setting. These entries could both have been entered into the flora or tree derbies without any changes.

I thought the same thing although... TGentry's shirt is a specific type of tree: a redwood which is a specific national park in Norther California. I'm still on the fence though about it.

This one: no fence; no question.

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
Re: Night Walk

I like it! He does look a bit like Zero from NBC, but that's ok. Fun shirt for Halloween!

Misskari

Re: Bear. In. Station. Wagon.

BEAR IS DRIVING! HOW CAN THAT BE???

jmmbell1987

What a charming, offbeat design. Also, I'm a writing tutor, and this shirt might prove helpful.